Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed that the result of support for all major churches in Harlem in "Harlem Runs Wild" was an "anti-semitic movement"?
(a) Baptist preachers.
(b) Jewish leaders.
(c) Methodist leaders.
(d) Catholic priests.
2. In "A Negro Nation Within the Nation", who does the author say needs to plan for the whole?
(a) The working class.
(b) Educated people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Poor people.
3. How many poems of Countee Cullen's follow "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual" in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage"?
4. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
5. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
(a) It's fluid.
(b) It's symmetrical and angular.
(c) It's harsh to the eye.
(d) It's easy on the eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
2. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
3. What is the biggest blockage for Negro artists, according to Hughes?
4. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
5. How many facts does the author present in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)