Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Wallace Thurman's story?
(a) "Infants of Spring".
(d) "Youthful Summer".
2. What characteristics are given to Sweetie Mary Carr?
(a) Crude and funny.
(b) Fat and ugly.
(c) Funny and vulgar.
(d) Vulagr and old.
3. What does Hurston later give credit to a "jook" being?
(a) A food.
(b) A house.
(c) A type of movement or dance.
(d) A song.
4. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
5. Who sings "Shake that Thing" at local bars in the essay by Claude McKay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
2. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
3. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
4. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
5. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)