Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
(b) Delia's husband is sleeping with another woman.
(c) Sykes's beatings.
2. What is the main character of "Sweat" afraid of?
3. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
(a) The history of her artwork.
(b) Her thoughts on Harlem.
(c) How to become a successful Negroe.
(d) Her thoughts on Africa.
4. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
(b) They will never reach that great nation.
(c) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
(d) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
5. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(a) "American Negro".
(c) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "The New Negro".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
2. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
3. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
4. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
5. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)