|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
(a) No one cares about the African American race.
(b) The situation's intolerancy and that free press and assembly are not possible.
(c) They have deviated from their constitution's laws.
(d) They are out of control.
2. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights to work with whites.
(b) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(c) The rights to be wealthy.
(d) The rights of equality.
3. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
(a) Leave Asia and African countries or accept all men as equal.
(b) Leave Asian and African countries.
(c) Accept men as equal.
(d) Stand a fight the fight.
4. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Who will become the president.
(b) Who will fight for their new ideaology.
(c) Who will take over leadership roles when the old crowd no longer exists.
(d) Who will end the old crowd.
5. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Enslavement still exists today.
(b) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(c) They were all enslaved once.
(d) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
2. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
3. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
4. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
5. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)