|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
(a) The lack of personal information most have about their homeland, Africa.
(b) Their fragments of love.
(c) Their fragmented lifestyles.
(d) Their fragments of art work.
2. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(c) Aristocracy and privilege.
3. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
(a) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(c) "If We Must Die".
(d) "Black Manhattan".
4. Who is the author of "A Southern Road"?
(a) Helene Johnson.
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
5. Who is the author of "Art or Propaganda"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
2. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
3. What does the author of "Art or Propaganda" believe about the sustainability of art?
4. Which of the following is NOT a poem included by Hughes in the section "Afro American Identity - Who am I"?
5. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)