|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They back down.
(b) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(c) They fight back.
(d) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
2. What does the author of "Art or Propaganda" believe about the sustainability of art?
(a) It needs a purpose.
(b) It must have propaganda.
(c) Someone has to feel connected to it.
(d) It needs to be durable to last.
3. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
4. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
(a) The words are rounded off at the end to mimic the Negro speech.
(b) It uses dramatic irony.
(c) The words are written in perfect speech.
(d) It uses symbolism.
5. Why do Negroes mimic according to Hurston?
(a) For money.
(b) To feel better.
(c) To be like others.
(d) For the fun; not to be like others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
2. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
3. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
4. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. Who is the author of "Fifty Years"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)