|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
(a) Where they move and migrateto.
(b) What motivated them to move.
(c) Trends and their tendencies to move.
(d) Why they migrated to the locations they chose.
2. Who wrote "Sonnet to a Negro in Harlem"?
(b) Helene Johnson.
3. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights to be wealthy.
(b) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(c) The rights of equality.
(d) The rights to work with whites.
4. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new commitment to bettering their race.
(b) A new pride.
(c) A new appreciation of their lives.
(d) A protection of their race.
5. When was "Fifty Years" written?
(a) The 50th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) 50 years before slavery begins.
(c) The 50th anniversary of the start of the Civil War.
(d) 50 years after slavery ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentiment is suggested about American Negroes in relation to Negroes in other parts of the world?
2. Whose idea was that the Negro race is part of a greater destiny?
3. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
4. At the end of the section "Art and Propaganda", who wanted to be a pianist because of his brother's friends?
5. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)