|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hughes, what does he find to be a subconscious belief in most Negro homes?
(a) To be white means power.
(b) To be white means wealth.
(c) That they are inferior to whites.
(d) To be white is better.
2. What is the influence of the Negro's heritage artwork compared to in "The Negro-Art Hokum"?
(a) European descent.
(c) Migration in China.
(d) Indian descent.
3. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
(a) Shouting in fear.
(b) Shouting in religious ceremonies.
(c) Shouting in torment.
(d) Shouting in anger.
4. What is the title of the 3 line poem?
(a) "Old Black Men".
(b) "Dream Variations".
(d) "If We Must Die".
5. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are white.
(b) He hates them.
(c) Many are old.
(d) Many are inexperienced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
2. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
3. Who sings "Shake that Thing" at local bars in the essay by Claude McKay?
4. How many poems of Countee Cullen's follow "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual" in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage"?
5. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)