|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Heed the law of self-preservation.
(b) Become wealthy.
(c) Work long, hard hours.
(d) Demand equal pay.
2. Which of the following is NOT a poem written by Countee Cullen?
(a) "To John Keets, Poet, At Springtime".
(b) "Yet Do I Marvel".
(c) "Annabelle Lee".
(d) "For a Poet".
3. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
(a) Joeseph Lies.
(b) Lindsey Joeseph.
(c) Joey Lawrence.
(d) Joe Lindsay.
4. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "American Negro".
5. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) A snake.
(d) An alligator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
2. What does Hurston think about the originality of Negro artwork?
3. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
4. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
5. What technique does Hurston discuss in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)