|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the section "Art and Propaganda", who wanted to be a pianist because of his brother's friends?
(a) James Johns.
(b) James Patterson.
(c) James P. Johnson.
(d) Johnson Jameison.
2. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Rob Thorne.
(b) Bobby Therron.
(c) Robert Thatcher.
(d) Robert Thorpe.
3. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
(a) It's fluid.
(b) It's harsh to the eye.
(c) It's easy on the eye.
(d) It's symmetrical and angular.
4. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
(a) Lindsey Joeseph.
(b) Joeseph Lies.
(c) Joey Lawrence.
(d) Joe Lindsay.
5. How many facts does the author present in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the section "Art and Propaganda" end?
2. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
3. Where does the boxer from the essay "Wedding Day" leave America to go to?
4. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
5. What is the title of the essay by Langston Hughes that delves into the racial stumbling block Negro artists face?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)