|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the essay by Langston Hughes that delves into the racial stumbling block Negro artists face?
(a) "The Negro Artist and the Racial Mountain".
(b) "The Race to be an Artist".
(c) "The Race and the Artist".
(d) "The Artist and its Race".
2. Who wrote "Sonnet to a Negro in Harlem"?
(c) Helene Johnson.
3. What is the essay "To a Dark Girl" about?
(a) Growing up.
(b) A pen pal.
(c) Leaving home.
(d) Growing past slavery.
4. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(d) Du Bois.
5. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
(b) The arrival at Ellis Island.
(c) His journey away from home.
(d) His journey home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the essay "Sweat" about?
2. Who is the author of "Go Down Death"?
3. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
5. What is the name of the host and novelist in Thurman's story?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)