|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
(a) Their fragmented lifestyles.
(b) Their fragments of art work.
(c) Their fragments of love.
(d) The lack of personal information most have about their homeland, Africa.
2. Who is the author of "A Southern Road"?
(a) Helene Johnson.
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
3. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new pride.
(b) A new appreciation of their lives.
(c) A new commitment to bettering their race.
(d) A protection of their race.
4. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
(a) "To Celebrate Blackness".
(b) "Visual Arts".
(c) "Seeing Blackness".
(d) "Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness".
5. How many pieces of art does the last section in "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition" have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
2. What does Cullen seem to indicate about heaven in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
3. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
4. Who is the 3 line poem about?
5. In the poem "If We Must Die", what does McKay compare the killings of his race to?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)