|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the essay "To a Dark Girl" about?
(a) A pen pal.
(b) Leaving home.
(c) Growing up.
(d) Growing past slavery.
2. At the end of the section "Art and Propaganda", who wanted to be a pianist because of his brother's friends?
(a) Johnson Jameison.
(b) James Johns.
(c) James P. Johnson.
(d) James Patterson.
3. How many facts does the author present in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
4. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(b) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(c) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(d) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
5. What is the biggest blockage for Negro artists, according to Hughes?
(a) Inequality of wealth.
(b) Tendency to mimic lifestyle of whites.
(d) Tendency to discredit their work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the poem by Hughes that explains how life is not always a straight path, but a journey to rise?
2. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
3. When was "Fifty Years" written?
4. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
5. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)