|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristics are given to Sweetie Mary Carr?
(a) Vulagr and old.
(b) Fat and ugly.
(c) Funny and vulgar.
(d) Crude and funny.
2. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
(a) A common heritage.
(b) A common experience.
(c) A common ideology.
(d) A common race.
3. What is the biggest blockage for Negro artists, according to Hughes?
(b) Tendency to discredit their work.
(c) Tendency to mimic lifestyle of whites.
(d) Inequality of wealth.
4. Why do people in the village go to visit Uncle Monday in "Uncle Monday"?
(a) To hear his stories.
(b) To take pictures.
(c) To be cured.
(d) For his craft.
5. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(b) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(c) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(d) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
2. Why has democracy worked so well in America, according to "Our Greatest Gift to America"?
3. When was "Fifty Years" written?
4. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
5. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)