|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
(a) "Africa" and "Mulatto".
(b) "Mulatto" and "America".
(c) "America" and "Africa".
(d) "Asia" and "Africa".
2. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
(a) The situation's intolerancy and that free press and assembly are not possible.
(b) No one cares about the African American race.
(c) They have deviated from their constitution's laws.
(d) They are out of control.
3. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(b) Negroes cuisine.
(d) Underground trains.
4. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(b) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(c) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(d) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
5. What is the title of the 3 line poem?
(a) "If We Must Die".
(b) "Old Black Men".
(d) "Dream Variations".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. What is the title of the poem by Hughes that explains how life is not always a straight path, but a journey to rise?
3. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
4. What is the influence of the Negro's heritage artwork compared to in "The Negro-Art Hokum"?
5. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)