|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of James Weldon Johnson's book that details events about Negro artists in general and poets in particular?
(a) "The Book of American Negro Poetry".
(b) "Study of Negro Artistry".
(c) "Negro Artist's and Poet's Revisited".
(d) "Study of Works by Negroes".
2. Who is the author of "Go Down Death"?
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
3. According to "Our Greatest Gift to America", where do Negroes frequently spend their time?
4. How many pieces of art does the last section in "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition" have?
5. How does the section "Art and Propaganda" end?
(a) With an essay.
(b) With 2 interviews.
(c) With 2 songs.
(d) With 2 poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
2. What is the title of the poem that expresses McKay's love and hatred for America?
3. Who is the essay "Sweat" about?
4. Who sings "Shake that Thing" at local bars in the essay by Claude McKay?
5. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)