|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Art or Propaganda"?
2. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Bobby Therron.
(b) Rob Thorne.
(c) Robert Thorpe.
(d) Robert Thatcher.
3. What do the essays in the section "Afro-American Identity - Who Am I" have in common?
(a) Negroes ancestry.
(b) They connect Negroe relationships with their white counterparts.
(c) Where negroes came from.
(d) Negroes desire to learn.
4. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
(a) It's harsh to the eye.
(b) It's easy on the eye.
(c) It's symmetrical and angular.
(d) It's fluid.
5. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(a) Pop Overton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
2. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
3. Where does the boxer from the essay "Wedding Day" leave America to go to?
4. What is the main character of "Sweat" afraid of?
5. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)