|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They back down.
(b) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(c) They fight back.
(d) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
2. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "The Future As I See It".
(b) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(d) "Race Pride".
3. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Heed the law of self-preservation.
(b) Become wealthy.
(c) Demand equal pay.
(d) Work long, hard hours.
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(b) A will to fight fire with fire.
(c) A burning passion for equality.
(d) Desrie to become equal.
5. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(b) Aristocracy and privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
2. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
3. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
4. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
5. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)