|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(a) "If We Must Die".
(b) "The New Negro".
(c) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
2. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
(a) Small changes.
(b) Negative changes.
(c) Postive changes.
(d) Big, radical changes.
3. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) "Africa for the Africans".
(c) If We Must Die".
(d) "The New Negro- What Is He".
4. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
(a) A common ideology.
(b) A common race.
(c) A common heritage.
(d) A common experience.
5. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
2. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
3. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
4. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
5. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)