|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) A catalogue of events.
(b) A diary entry.
(c) 2 descriptive poems.
(d) A map.
2. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
(a) Peace among the Negroes.
(b) Any calls regarding the murder.
(c) Protective custody for Negroes seeking help.
(d) A trial for the officer's murderer.
3. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) More space to live.
(b) Better lifestyle.
(c) More food.
(d) Better conditions.
4. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Become wealthy.
(b) Work long, hard hours.
(c) Heed the law of self-preservation.
(d) Demand equal pay.
5. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The physicality was missing.
(b) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
(c) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
(d) The spiritual aspect was supported.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
2. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
3. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
4. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
5. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)