|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
(a) Men who care for only themselves.
(b) Men who are weak and old.
(c) Men who fight.
(d) Men who turn the other cheek.
2. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
(a) It's the most beautiful and healthful.
(b) It's overpopulated.
(c) It's dilapidated.
(d) He loves it.
3. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(c) "Race Pride".
(d) "The Future As I See It".
4. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) A community.
(b) Fellowship among tribes.
(c) A new ideology.
(d) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
5. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new appreciation of their lives.
(b) A new pride.
(c) A new commitment to bettering their race.
(d) A protection of their race.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
3. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
4. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)