|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(b) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
2. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) His friends.
(c) The city.
(d) His mom.
3. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
(a) "If We Must Die".
(b) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(c) "Black Manhattan".
4. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
(b) They back down.
(c) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(d) They fight back.
5. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Who will fight for their new ideaology.
(b) Who will take over leadership roles when the old crowd no longer exists.
(c) Who will end the old crowd.
(d) Who will become the president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
2. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
3. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
5. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)