|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(b) To become prideful of one's heritage.
(c) To accept all men as eqaul.
(d) To resist enslavement of the same race.
2. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(c) Underground trains.
(d) Negroes cuisine.
3. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(b) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) Desrie to become equal.
(c) A will to fight fire with fire.
(d) A burning passion for equality.
5. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Conservative changes.
(b) Conservative measures.
(c) Radical measures.
(d) Radical changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
2. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
3. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
4. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
5. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)