|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(b) Underground trains.
(c) Negroes cuisine.
2. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights to be wealthy.
(b) The rights of equality.
(c) The rights to work with whites.
(d) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
(a) Men who fight.
(b) Men who care for only themselves.
(c) Men who turn the other cheek.
(d) Men who are weak and old.
4. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(b) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(c) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(d) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
5. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(b) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(c) To accept all men as eqaul.
(d) To become prideful of one's heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
2. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
3. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
4. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
5. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)