|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
(a) They see only what they want to see.
(b) They are being studied and not debated about.
(c) They are slowly seeing humans in the Negro race.
(d) They do not understand the Negro race.
2. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(b) They fight back.
(c) They back down.
(d) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
3. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(b) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(c) To accept all men as eqaul.
(d) To become prideful of one's heritage.
4. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) They were all enslaved once.
(b) Enslavement still exists today.
(c) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
(d) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
5. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(d) Pop Overton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
3. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
4. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
5. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)