|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
(a) It's overpopulated.
(b) It's dilapidated.
(c) He loves it.
(d) It's the most beautiful and healthful.
2. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(c) If We Must Die".
(d) "Africa for the Africans".
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
(a) Men who are weak and old.
(b) Men who turn the other cheek.
(c) Men who fight.
(d) Men who care for only themselves.
4. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(b) The rights to work with whites.
(c) The rights to be wealthy.
(d) The rights of equality.
5. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(b) A burning passion for equality.
(c) A will to fight fire with fire.
(d) Desrie to become equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
2. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
3. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
4. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
5. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)