|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
(a) A common heritage.
(b) A common experience.
(c) A common ideology.
(d) A common race.
2. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(b) A hat.
(c) A purse.
3. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
(b) Fellowship among tribes.
(c) A new ideology.
(d) A community.
4. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
(a) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(b) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "If We Must Die".
5. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(b) Du Bois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
2. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
3. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
4. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
5. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)