|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
2. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) A burning passion for equality.
(b) Desrie to become equal.
(c) A will to fight fire with fire.
4. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) 2 descriptive poems.
(b) A map.
(c) A diary entry.
(d) A catalogue of events.
5. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) If We Must Die".
(b) "The New Negro".
(c) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(d) "Africa for the Africans".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
2. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
3. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
4. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)