|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) The arrival at Ellis Island.
(b) His journey home.
(d) His journey away from home.
2. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) A community.
(b) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
(c) A new ideology.
(d) Fellowship among tribes.
3. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
(a) Arther Mayer.
(b) Art Harlem.
(c) Andy Haney.
(d) Arthur Harris.
4. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nancy Cunard.
(b) Nikki Court.
(c) Nicole Cunny.
(d) Nicholas Cunard.
5. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(b) The physicality was missing.
(c) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
(d) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
2. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
3. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
5. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)