|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
(a) He loves it.
(b) It's dilapidated.
(c) It's the most beautiful and healthful.
(d) It's overpopulated.
2. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(b) Du Bois.
3. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nikki Court.
(b) Nicole Cunny.
(c) Nicholas Cunard.
(d) Nancy Cunard.
4. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) More space to live.
(b) Better lifestyle.
(c) Better conditions.
(d) More food.
5. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
(b) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(c) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "If We Must Die".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
2. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
3. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
4. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
5. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)