|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Protection Gangs.
(b) Leagues of Prtection.
(c) Citizen Protection.
(d) Citizens Protective League.
2. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) They were all enslaved once.
(b) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(c) Enslavement still exists today.
(d) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
3. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(a) "American Negro".
(b) "Black Manhattan".
(c) "The New Negro".
4. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) A map.
(b) A diary entry.
(c) A catalogue of events.
(d) 2 descriptive poems.
5. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) More space to live.
(b) More food.
(c) Better conditions.
(d) Better lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
2. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
3. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
4. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
5. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)