|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(b) Marcus Garvey.
(c) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
2. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
(a) James Weldon Johnson.
3. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
4. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "Race Pride".
(b) "The Future As I See It".
(c) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
5. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(c) Du Bois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
2. What is "City Love" about?
3. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
4. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
5. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)