|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
(a) They do not understand the Negro race.
(b) They are slowly seeing humans in the Negro race.
(c) They are being studied and not debated about.
(d) They see only what they want to see.
2. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(b) Du Bois.
3. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
(a) They are out of control.
(b) No one cares about the African American race.
(c) They have deviated from their constitution's laws.
(d) The situation's intolerancy and that free press and assembly are not possible.
4. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(b) "Black Manhattan".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "American Negro".
5. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nikki Court.
(b) Nicole Cunny.
(c) Nancy Cunard.
(d) Nicholas Cunard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
3. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
4. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
5. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)