|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(d) Du Bois.
2. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(c) Pop Overton.
3. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
(a) "A desire to reach "home".
(b) "A new born optimism".
(c) "A desire for the old way of life".
(d) "A new vision of opportunity".
4. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
5. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(b) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(c) "Race Pride".
(d) "The Future As I See It".
Short Answer Questions
1. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
2. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
3. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
4. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
5. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)