|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
(a) Any calls regarding the murder.
(b) A trial for the officer's murderer.
(c) Peace among the Negroes.
(d) Protective custody for Negroes seeking help.
2. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) His friends.
(b) The city.
(c) His mom.
3. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They fight back.
(b) They back down.
(c) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(d) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
4. What is "City Love" about?
(a) A couple falling in love.
(b) A person falling in love with the city.
(c) Life in the city.
(d) A boy and a girl trying to find a hotel room.
5. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Who will end the old crowd.
(b) Who will become the president.
(c) Who will take over leadership roles when the old crowd no longer exists.
(d) Who will fight for their new ideaology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
2. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
3. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
4. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
5. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)