|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "The Future As I See It".
(b) "Race Pride".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
2. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new appreciation of their lives.
(b) A new pride.
(c) A new commitment to bettering their race.
(d) A protection of their race.
3. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
(b) They will never reach that great nation.
(c) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
(d) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
4. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(a) Pop Overton.
5. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
(a) Leave Asian and African countries.
(b) Stand a fight the fight.
(c) Accept men as equal.
(d) Leave Asia and African countries or accept all men as equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
2. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
3. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
4. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)