|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(a) Acting drunk.
(b) Waiting for someone.
(d) About to jay walk.
2. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) "If We Must Die".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
3. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
(a) Why they migrated to the locations they chose.
(b) What motivated them to move.
(c) Where they move and migrateto.
(d) Trends and their tendencies to move.
4. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(c) Aristocracy and privilege.
5. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) James Weldon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
2. What is "City Love" about?
3. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
4. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
5. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)