|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(b) "If We Must Die".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
2. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
(a) Peace among the Negroes.
(b) A trial for the officer's murderer.
(c) Protective custody for Negroes seeking help.
(d) Any calls regarding the murder.
3. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
4. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
5. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) Desrie to become equal.
(b) A burning passion for equality.
(d) A will to fight fire with fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
2. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
3. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
4. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
5. What is "City Love" about?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)