|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They fight back.
(b) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
(c) They back down.
(d) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
2. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
3. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
(a) Art Harlem.
(b) Andy Haney.
(c) Arthur Harris.
(d) Arther Mayer.
4. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
5. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are white.
(b) He hates them.
(c) Many are inexperienced.
(d) Many are old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
2. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
3. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
4. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)