|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) "If We Must Die".
(c) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
2. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(b) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
3. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
(a) Trends and their tendencies to move.
(b) What motivated them to move.
(c) Where they move and migrateto.
(d) Why they migrated to the locations they chose.
4. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
(b) Lack of love.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Lack of education.
5. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
(b) Fellowship among tribes.
(c) A new ideology.
(d) A community.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
2. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
3. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
4. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
5. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)