Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has democracy worked so well in America, according to "Our Greatest Gift to America"?
(a) It divides the power evenly.
(b) Negroes are inferior to the government.
(c) White's are supreme in this way of living.
(d) Skin color measures a man's worth.
2. What is the title of the 3 line poem?
(a) "Dream Variations".
(b) "If We Must Die".
(d) "Old Black Men".
3. What term is coined to mean that African Americans do not produce art specific to their race due to the absorption of American ways?
4. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(b) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(c) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(d) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
5. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
2. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
3. Why do Negroes mimic according to Hurston?
4. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
5. What is the essay "To a Dark Girl" about?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)