|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
2. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(b) Underground trains.
(c) Negroes cuisine.
3. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Robert Thatcher.
(b) Robert Thorpe.
(c) Bobby Therron.
(d) Rob Thorne.
4. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To diminsih their goals.
(b) To make empty promises.
(c) To take their tax money.
(d) To campaign in their area.
5. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(d) Aristocracy and privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
2. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
3. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
4. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)