|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
(b) "If We Must Die".
(c) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(d) "Black Manhattan".
2. Why do Negroes mimic according to Hurston?
(a) To be like others.
(b) For the fun; not to be like others.
(c) To feel better.
(d) For money.
3. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(b) A purse.
(c) A hat.
4. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(a) Du Bois.
5. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Enslavement still exists today.
(b) They were all enslaved once.
(c) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
(d) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sykes?
2. Who wrote "Sonnet to a Negro in Harlem"?
3. What do the essays in the section "Afro-American Identity - Who Am I" have in common?
4. When was "Fifty Years" written?
5. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)