|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
(a) Shouting in torment.
(b) Shouting in anger.
(c) Shouting in fear.
(d) Shouting in religious ceremonies.
2. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The physicality was missing.
(b) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
(c) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(d) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
3. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(a) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(b) "If We Must Die".
(d) "The New Negro".
4. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(d) Du Bois.
5. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(a) A purse.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say about Negro men and slave trade in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
2. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
3. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
4. What does Hurston think about the originality of Negro artwork?
5. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)