|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main character of "Sweat" afraid of?
2. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(b) Pop Overton.
3. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
(a) The crocodile's.
(b) The giraffe's.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The alligator's.
4. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights to be wealthy.
(b) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(c) The rights of equality.
(d) The rights to work with whites.
5. What does the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past" conclude with?
(a) He presents an idea that a new day has come for Negroes.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a challenge to the Negro race.
(d) With a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
2. Who is the author of "Fifty Years"?
3. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
4. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
5. Where does the boxer from the essay "Wedding Day" leave America to go to?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)