|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
2. Who is the author of "Fifty Years"?
(c) James Weldon Johnson.
3. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) Better conditions.
(b) Better lifestyle.
(c) More food.
(d) More space to live.
4. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(b) "Race Pride".
(c) "The Future As I See It".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
5. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "Africa for the Africans".
(b) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(c) If We Must Die".
(d) "The New Negro".
Short Answer Questions
1. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
2. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
4. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
5. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)