|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
2. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) Fellowship among tribes.
(b) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
(c) A new ideology.
(d) A community.
3. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nicole Cunny.
(b) Nikki Court.
(c) Nicholas Cunard.
(d) Nancy Cunard.
4. Who is the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
(a) Arthur A. Schomberg.
5. What is the main character of "Sweat" afraid of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
2. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
3. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
4. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
5. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)