|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
(a) Where they move and migrateto.
(b) Why they migrated to the locations they chose.
(c) Trends and their tendencies to move.
(d) What motivated them to move.
2. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Radical changes.
(b) Conservative changes.
(c) Radical measures.
(d) Conservative measures.
3. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
(a) Lack of love.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Lack of education.
4. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(b) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "If We Must Die".
5. Who hates the main character of "Sweat"?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
2. Why do Negroes mimic according to Hurston?
3. Where does the boxer from the essay "Wedding Day" leave America to go to?
4. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
5. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)