|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Protection Gangs.
(b) Citizen Protection.
(c) Citizens Protective League.
(d) Leagues of Prtection.
2. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(b) Aristocracy and privilege.
3. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) He hates them.
(b) Many are white.
(c) Many are old.
(d) Many are inexperienced.
4. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(c) Pop Overton.
5. Who is the author of "Fifty Years"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
2. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
4. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
5. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)