|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
(a) Bill Brooks.
(b) Willy Breaks.
(c) William Bradford.
(d) William H. Brooks.
2. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) His mom.
(b) His friends.
(d) The city.
3. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(a) "American Negro".
(b) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "The New Negro".
4. What sentiment is suggested about American Negroes in relation to Negroes in other parts of the world?
(a) They desire to go to other parts of the world.
(b) They are worse off in America.
(c) They are better off in America.
(d) They hate other parts of the world.
5. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
2. What does the author say about Negro men and slave trade in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
3. Who is the author of "Sterling Brown: The New Negro Folk Poet"?
4. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
5. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)