|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the essays in the section "Afro-American Identity - Who Am I" have in common?
(a) They connect Negroe relationships with their white counterparts.
(b) Negroes ancestry.
(c) Where negroes came from.
(d) Negroes desire to learn.
2. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
3. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A snake.
(d) A crocodile.
4. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
5. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
(b) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(c) Enslavement still exists today.
(d) They were all enslaved once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
3. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
4. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
5. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)