|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
(c) Du Bois.
2. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
(a) "Visual Arts".
(b) "Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness".
(c) "Seeing Blackness".
(d) "To Celebrate Blackness".
3. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
(b) "If We Must Die".
(c) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
4. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
5. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
(a) Stand a fight the fight.
(b) Accept men as equal.
(c) Leave Asian and African countries.
(d) Leave Asia and African countries or accept all men as equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
2. Why do people in the village go to visit Uncle Monday in "Uncle Monday"?
3. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
4. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
5. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)