|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(b) Du Bois.
2. How many pieces of art does the last section in "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition" have?
3. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
4. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
(d) It never says directly.
5. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
(a) "Black Manhattan".
(b) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(d) "If We Must Die".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
2. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
3. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
4. What does Hurston think about the originality of Negro artwork?
5. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)