|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
(a) Whites are prohibited.
(b) Whites are serving Negroes.
(c) Whites are just now being allowed to enter.
(d) They are now attracting a white clientele.
2. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
(a) How to become a successful Negroe.
(b) The history of her artwork.
(c) Her thoughts on Harlem.
(d) Her thoughts on Africa.
3. What do the essays in the section "Afro-American Identity - Who Am I" have in common?
(a) Negroes desire to learn.
(b) Where negroes came from.
(c) Negroes ancestry.
(d) They connect Negroe relationships with their white counterparts.
4. What is "City Love" about?
(a) A person falling in love with the city.
(b) A couple falling in love.
(c) A boy and a girl trying to find a hotel room.
(d) Life in the city.
5. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
(c) No one.
(d) Some etymologists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
2. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
3. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
4. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
5. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)