|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) Better lifestyle.
(b) Better conditions.
(c) More food.
(d) More space to live.
3. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
(a) Arthur Harris.
(b) Andy Haney.
(c) Art Harlem.
(d) Arther Mayer.
4. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
(b) The physicality was missing.
(c) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(d) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
5. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
2. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
3. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
4. Whose idea was that the Negro race is part of a greater destiny?
5. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)