|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
(b) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(c) They back down.
(d) They fight back.
2. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
3. When was "Fifty Years" written?
(a) The 50th anniversary of the start of the Civil War.
(b) The 50th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) 50 years before slavery begins.
(d) 50 years after slavery ends.
4. What happens to Sykes?
(a) A snake bites and kills him.
(b) Delia leaves him.
(c) His mistress leaves him.
(d) He is shot.
5. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
(a) A common experience.
(b) A common heritage.
(c) A common ideology.
(d) A common race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
2. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
3. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
4. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
5. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)