|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
(a) Stand a fight the fight.
(b) Leave Asia and African countries or accept all men as equal.
(c) Leave Asian and African countries.
(d) Accept men as equal.
2. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until women are seen as equal.
(b) Until he receives national recognition.
(c) Until the old crowd dies.
(d) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
3. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(b) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(c) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(d) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
4. Why do people in the village go to visit Uncle Monday in "Uncle Monday"?
(a) To take pictures.
(b) To be cured.
(c) To hear his stories.
(d) For his craft.
5. Who says "white folks is white" in one of Cullen's poems?
(a) Aunt Jem.
(b) Uncle Jim.
(c) Uncle Jem.
(d) Aunt Em.
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
2. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
4. Who hates the main character of "Sweat"?
5. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)