|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "Africa for the Africans".
(b) If We Must Die".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "The New Negro- What Is He".
2. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
(a) No one.
(d) Some etymologists.
3. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
4. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A rabi.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A doctor.
5. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are white.
(b) Many are inexperienced.
(c) He hates them.
(d) Many are old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
2. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
3. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
4. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)