|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
(a) Arthur A. Schomberg.
2. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) More food.
(b) Better lifestyle.
(c) More space to live.
(d) Better conditions.
3. Which of the following is NOT a poem included by Hughes in the section "Afro American Identity - Who am I"?
(a) "Crossing Jordan".
(d) "I Too Sing America".
4. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
(a) A snake.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A giraffe.
5. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
(a) "If We Must Die".
(b) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(c) "Black Manhattan".
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
3. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
4. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
5. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)