|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
(a) A common ideology.
(b) A common heritage.
(c) A common race.
(d) A common experience.
2. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(b) A burning passion for equality.
(c) Desrie to become equal.
(d) A will to fight fire with fire.
4. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(b) A purse.
(c) A hat.
5. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
(a) Whites are prohibited.
(b) Whites are serving Negroes.
(c) They are now attracting a white clientele.
(d) Whites are just now being allowed to enter.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
2. Who argues that Negroes did alter the English language?
3. What happens to Sykes?
4. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
5. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)