|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Protection Gangs.
(b) Citizens Protective League.
(c) Citizen Protection.
(d) Leagues of Prtection.
2. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
(a) The crocodile's.
(b) The alligator's.
(c) The giraffe's.
(d) The dogs.
3. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(b) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
(c) They were all enslaved once.
(d) Enslavement still exists today.
4. What happens to Sykes?
(a) He is shot.
(b) A snake bites and kills him.
(c) Delia leaves him.
(d) His mistress leaves him.
5. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
(a) Her thoughts on Harlem.
(b) How to become a successful Negroe.
(c) Her thoughts on Africa.
(d) The history of her artwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
2. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
3. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
5. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)