Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition; Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
(a) Joe Lindsay.
(b) Lindsey Joeseph.
(c) Joeseph Lies.
(d) Joey Lawrence.
2. Why do people in the village go to visit Uncle Monday in "Uncle Monday"?
(a) To take pictures.
(b) For his craft.
(c) To be cured.
(d) To hear his stories.
3. What happens to Sykes?
(a) A snake bites and kills him.
(b) Delia leaves him.
(c) His mistress leaves him.
(d) He is shot.
4. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(b) To accept all men as eqaul.
(c) To become prideful of one's heritage.
(d) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
5. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(c) Underground trains.
(d) Negroes cuisine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
2. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
3. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
4. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
5. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)