|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
(a) Shouting in anger.
(b) Shouting in religious ceremonies.
(c) Shouting in torment.
(d) Shouting in fear.
2. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
(a) No one.
(d) Some etymologists.
3. What does Hurston later give credit to a "jook" being?
(a) A house.
(b) A song.
(c) A type of movement or dance.
(d) A food.
4. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
(a) It's the most beautiful and healthful.
(b) It's dilapidated.
(c) It's overpopulated.
(d) He loves it.
5. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) A catalogue of events.
(b) A map.
(c) A diary entry.
(d) 2 descriptive poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has democracy worked so well in America, according to "Our Greatest Gift to America"?
2. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
3. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
4. According to "Our Greatest Gift to America", where do Negroes frequently spend their time?
5. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)