|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people in the village go to visit Uncle Monday in "Uncle Monday"?
(a) To hear his stories.
(b) To be cured.
(c) For his craft.
(d) To take pictures.
2. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
(a) "A new vision of opportunity".
(b) "A new born optimism".
(c) "A desire for the old way of life".
(d) "A desire to reach "home".
3. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(c) Negroes cuisine.
(d) Underground trains.
4. What does the author say about Negro men and slave trade in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
(a) No Negro men were allowed to work the slave trade.
(b) Some Negro men were active in running the slave trade.
(c) Some Negro men were active in halting the slave trade.
(d) White men forced Negro men to work.
5. What does Hurston examine in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
(c) The originis of spirits.
(d) The origins of hymns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
2. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
3. Who is the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
4. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
5. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)