|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Fifty Years"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
2. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are white.
(b) He hates them.
(c) Many are inexperienced.
(d) Many are old.
3. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Leagues of Prtection.
(b) Citizen Protection.
(c) Protection Gangs.
(d) Citizens Protective League.
4. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
(a) Negative changes.
(b) Big, radical changes.
(c) Small changes.
(d) Postive changes.
5. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(b) Underground trains.
(c) Negroes cuisine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
2. What does the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past" conclude with?
3. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
4. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
5. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)