|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Fifty Years" written?
(a) The 50th anniversary of the start of the Civil War.
(b) The 50th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) 50 years before slavery begins.
(d) 50 years after slavery ends.
2. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(b) The physicality was missing.
(c) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
(d) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
3. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
4. According to "Our Greatest Gift to America", where do Negroes frequently spend their time?
5. How many poems of Countee Cullen's follow "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual" in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most of the poems in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage" have in common?
2. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
3. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
4. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
5. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)