|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
(a) If she can sing and dance simultaneously.
(b) What her role will be in Heaven.
(c) If she can sing.
(d) If she can dance.
2. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(a) Underground trains.
(c) Negroes cuisine.
3. What is the title of the poem that expresses McKay's love and hatred for America?
(a) "The Dual Relationship in America".
(b) "Mixed Emotions".
(c) "The Duality of Life".
4. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(b) "Black Manhattan".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "American Negro".
5. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) The city.
(c) His mom.
(d) His friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
2. What does Cullen seem to indicate about heaven in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
3. How many poems of Countee Cullen's follow "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual" in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage"?
4. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
5. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)