|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(a) Acting drunk.
(b) Waiting for someone.
(d) About to jay walk.
2. What question does Brown end his poem "Remembering Nat Turner" with?
(a) If he'll remember Turner.
(b) If Turner is now at rest?
(c) If Turner is the murderer.
(d) If Turner is innocent.
3. Who is always one step higher than the Negroes, according to Schuyler?
(c) The poorest of the poor.
(d) The next poorest.
4. What does Hurston examine in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
(b) The originis of spirits.
(d) The origins of hymns.
5. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
2. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
3. What does the author of "Go Down Death" describe the poem as?
4. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
5. What is "City Love" about?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)