|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Go Down Death"?
(c) James Weldon Johnson.
2. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
(a) The alligator's.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The giraffe's.
(d) The crocodile's.
3. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
4. What does Hurston later give credit to a "jook" being?
(a) A type of movement or dance.
(b) A food.
(c) A house.
(d) A song.
5. What technique does Hurston discuss in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
(a) The technique of sounds production.
(b) Breathing in songs and sermons.
(c) The technique to conjure spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
2. What does the author say about Negro men and slave trade in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
3. Why has democracy worked so well in America, according to "Our Greatest Gift to America"?
4. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
5. Who is the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)