|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hurston originally define the word "jook"?
(a) A type of person.
(b) A food.
(c) A bawdy house.
(d) A song.
2. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(b) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(c) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(d) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
3. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Rob Thorne.
(b) Bobby Therron.
(c) Robert Thorpe.
(d) Robert Thatcher.
4. Who is the author of "Sterling Brown: The New Negro Folk Poet"?
5. Whose idea was that the Negro race is part of a greater destiny?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
2. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
3. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
4. When was "Fifty Years" written?
5. Who is the author of "Go Down Death"?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)