|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "American Negro".
2. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
(a) The words are written in perfect speech.
(b) The words are rounded off at the end to mimic the Negro speech.
(c) It uses symbolism.
(d) It uses dramatic irony.
3. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) A catalogue of events.
(b) A map.
(c) A diary entry.
(d) 2 descriptive poems.
4. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
(a) It's fluid.
(b) It's symmetrical and angular.
(c) It's harsh to the eye.
(d) It's easy on the eye.
5. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Rob Thorne.
(b) Robert Thorpe.
(c) Bobby Therron.
(d) Robert Thatcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
2. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
3. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
4. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
5. What is "City Love" about?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)