|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
(a) It's symmetrical and angular.
(b) It's fluid.
(c) It's harsh to the eye.
(d) It's easy on the eye.
2. How many facts does the author present in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
3. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nicholas Cunard.
(b) Nancy Cunard.
(c) Nicole Cunny.
(d) Nikki Court.
4. How many poems of Countee Cullen's follow "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual" in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage"?
5. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
(a) Protective custody for Negroes seeking help.
(b) Any calls regarding the murder.
(c) A trial for the officer's murderer.
(d) Peace among the Negroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
2. Who is the 3 line poem about?
3. Who is always one step higher than the Negroes, according to Schuyler?
4. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
5. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)