|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
(a) No one.
(c) Some etymologists.
2. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
(b) The physicality was missing.
(c) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(d) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
3. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
(a) They do not understand the Negro race.
(b) They are being studied and not debated about.
(c) They see only what they want to see.
(d) They are slowly seeing humans in the Negro race.
4. How many pieces of art does the last section in "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition" have?
5. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
(a) "Seeing Blackness".
(b) "To Celebrate Blackness".
(c) "Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness".
(d) "Visual Arts".
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Brown end his poem "Remembering Nat Turner" with?
2. What does the poem "Old Black Men" describe?
3. What do most of the poems in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage" have in common?
4. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
5. What is the title of the poem by Hughes that explains how life is not always a straight path, but a journey to rise?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)