|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
(a) A common experience.
(b) A common heritage.
(c) A common race.
(d) A common ideology.
2. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
3. Who is the author of "Go Down Death"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
4. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
(a) His desire to be famous.
(b) Self motivation.
(c) Self knowledge.
(d) Reclaimed background of the race as a whole.
5. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
(a) "Visual Arts".
(b) "To Celebrate Blackness".
(c) "Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness".
(d) "Seeing Blackness".
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
2. Who is the author of "Fifty Years"?
3. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
4. What is the title of McKay's poem where people gather around a lynched man?
5. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)