|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "A Southern Road"?
(a) James Weldon Johnson.
(b) Helene Johnson.
2. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
(a) It uses symbolism.
(b) The words are written in perfect speech.
(c) It uses dramatic irony.
(d) The words are rounded off at the end to mimic the Negro speech.
3. What do most of the poems in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage" have in common?
(a) They are full of symbolism.
(b) They are full or irony.
(c) They have unclear meanings.
(d) They have clear meanings.
4. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
(a) If she can dance.
(b) What her role will be in Heaven.
(c) If she can sing.
(d) If she can sing and dance simultaneously.
5. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They back down.
(b) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(c) They fight back.
(d) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurston later give credit to a "jook" being?
2. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
3. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
4. What is the title of the 3 line poem?
5. What question does Brown end his poem "Remembering Nat Turner" with?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)