|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Go Down Death"?
(a) James Weldon Johnson.
2. What does Hurston later give credit to a "jook" being?
(a) A house.
(b) A food.
(c) A type of movement or dance.
(d) A song.
3. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(a) Pop Overton.
4. Who is the author of "Sterling Brown: The New Negro Folk Poet"?
5. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
(a) A snake.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) An alligator.
(d) A giraffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "A Southern Road"?
2. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
3. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
4. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
5. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)