|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
(a) Lindsey Joeseph.
(b) Joey Lawrence.
(c) Joe Lindsay.
(d) Joeseph Lies.
2. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
(a) Self knowledge.
(b) Self motivation.
(c) His desire to be famous.
(d) Reclaimed background of the race as a whole.
3. Why has democracy worked so well in America, according to "Our Greatest Gift to America"?
(a) It divides the power evenly.
(b) Negroes are inferior to the government.
(c) Skin color measures a man's worth.
(d) White's are supreme in this way of living.
4. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
(a) Any calls regarding the murder.
(b) A trial for the officer's murderer.
(c) Protective custody for Negroes seeking help.
(d) Peace among the Negroes.
5. What is "City Love" about?
(a) A boy and a girl trying to find a hotel room.
(b) A couple falling in love.
(c) Life in the city.
(d) A person falling in love with the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
2. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
3. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
4. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
5. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)