|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "City Love" about?
(a) A couple falling in love.
(b) Life in the city.
(c) A boy and a girl trying to find a hotel room.
(d) A person falling in love with the city.
2. What does Hurston later give credit to a "jook" being?
(a) A food.
(b) A song.
(c) A house.
(d) A type of movement or dance.
3. Who is the author of "Sterling Brown: The New Negro Folk Poet"?
4. Who is the 3 line poem about?
(a) George Washington.
(d) The Union Soldiers.
5. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(b) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(c) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(d) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
2. How many poems of Countee Cullen's follow "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual" in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage"?
3. Who is the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
4. What does the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past" conclude with?
5. According to "Our Greatest Gift to America", where do Negroes frequently spend their time?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)