One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
(a) It uses dramatic irony.
(b) It uses symbolism.
(c) The words are rounded off at the end to mimic the Negro speech.
(d) The words are written in perfect speech.
2. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
(a) If she can sing and dance simultaneously.
(b) If she can dance.
(c) If she can sing.
(d) What her role will be in Heaven.
3. What does Hurston examine in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
(a) The origins of hymns.
(d) The originis of spirits.
4. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(a) Acting drunk.
(b) About to jay walk.
(d) Waiting for someone.
5. Whose idea was that the Negro race is part of a greater destiny?
(c) James Weldon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
2. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
3. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
4. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
5. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)