New Negro Radicalism
• New Negro Radicalism
• "Voices from the Harlem Renaissance" is a compilation of essays, stories, poems, interviews, and some personal journal or diary entries.
• The book is divided into 7 sections.
• The book begins with an essay entitled "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism" in which the author states that a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered to do so.
• The essay entitled "A New Crowd - A New World" deals with the old crowd mentality in comparison to the new crowd mentality.
• The question of who will become a leader is raised when considering the progression and transformation of the Negro race.
• The new Negro is someone willing to fight fire with fire and will stand up for the "law of self preservation".
• Domingo writes an essay that says Negroes have been manipulated into killing and enslaving other Negroes.
• "Garveyism" addresses...
This section contains 2,425 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)