|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many AAR guerrillas conducted the raid on Tazareen?
2. When did Felicia and Loren see each other last?
3. In Chapter 42, how many days does Pitt ask Sandecker to give him to find the missing warheads?
4. How many years did the Rocky Mountain Arsenal manufacture chemical and biological weapons?
5. How many die in Lusana's camp when the South African forces attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Colonel Jumana prevent Major Machita from sending a message to General Lusana?
2. How does Pitt determine which battleship is involved in Operation Wild Rose?
3. What does Pitt tell Sandecker and Steiger to do while they are trying to get the Quick Death organism to the sea that is attached to the helicopter?
4. What does Dale Jarvis believe about Operation Wild Rose?
5. What is the Doomsday organism and what effect does it have on humans and animals?
6. How is the projectile removed from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
7. How does Pitt eliminate Daggat's hold over Loren and stop him from blackmailing her?
8. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
9. How does Pitt persuade Orville Mapes, President of Phalanx Arms Corporation, to check the whereabouts of the naval shells he bought from Raferty?
10. What do Pitt and Jarvis discover when they go to the Forbes Shipyard to confirm the Iowa's presence in the shipyard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why, in spite of all the risks, Sandecker and Steiger, decide to raise the Vixen 03. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether there is more than one protagonist or antagonist in the novel. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
A theme in the novel is the advancement of race. Compare and contrast how Daggat and De Vaal try to achieve the advancement of their race. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)