|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Lusana when he comes to the main deck?
2. Who is the superintendent of the Forbes shipyard?
3. Who pulls Pitt out of the water after the Iowa explodes?
4. How many AAR guerrillas conducted the raid on Tazareen?
5. What type of a vehicle does Mapes drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daggat suggest that Lusana do about the massacre ordered by Jumana?
2. How does Pitt determine which battleship is involved in Operation Wild Rose?
3. When does Pitt believe that Fawkes will attack and why?
4. What happens when Pitt attempts to remove the projectile from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
5. What is the Doomsday organism and what effect does it have on humans and animals?
6. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
7. Where are the few records that remain dealing with the QD project?
8. What will happen to Sandecker and Steiger when the helicopter runs out of fuel?
9. What reason does Sandecker give Ravenfoot for wanting to track down a load of old sixteen-inch naval shells?
10. What did VFW Post 9974 do with the shells they got from Phalanx Arms Corporation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some characters believe that the end justifies the means. Discuss which characters believe that the end justifies the means using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Pitt uses deductive reasoning to solve problems. Use examples from "Vixen 03."
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the novel, discuss how conflict is used in the novel to advance the plot.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)