|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what percentage must the draft be cut so that Fawkes' ship will ride high?
2. Where does Maxine Raferty shoot Giordino?
3. In Chapter 42, how many days does Pitt ask Sandecker to give him to find the missing warheads?
4. How does Pitt disguise the fact that he is carrying a gun when he goes to confront Lee Raferty about Charlie Smith's death?
5. What does the current President plan to do after he leaves office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pitt tell Sandecker and Steiger to do while they are trying to get the Quick Death organism to the sea that is attached to the helicopter?
2. What will happen to Sandecker and Steiger when the helicopter runs out of fuel?
3. Why did Colonel Jumana order an attack on a village?
4. Why didn't Fawkes try to avoid colliding with the fishing trawler?
5. When does Pitt believe that Fawkes will attack and why?
6. What reason does Sandecker give Ravenfoot for wanting to track down a load of old sixteen-inch naval shells?
7. How does Pitt determine which battleship is involved in Operation Wild Rose?
8. What happens when Pitt attempts to remove the projectile from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
9. How does the Quick Death projectile operate during its trajectory?
10. How is the projectile removed from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Daggat and Loren's views regarding the best ways to support blacks.
Essay Topic 2
Pitt is a person who doesn't give up easily. Discuss situations that show Pitt's tenacity and the benefits of his tenaciousness. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)