|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Carl Swedborg?
2. How fast does Pitt soar over the Potomac in the NUMA helicopter?
3. How far does the storage area run underground where Pitt and Mapes look for the weapons that Raferty sold?
4. How does the superintendent of the Forbes shipyard happen to be driving by the shipyard so late?
5. Where does Maxine Raferty shoot Giordino?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daggat suggest that Lusana do about the massacre ordered by Jumana?
2. What happens when Pitt attempts to remove the projectile from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
3. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
4. What does Pitt tell Sandecker and Steiger to do while they are trying to get the Quick Death organism to the sea that is attached to the helicopter?
5. What do Pitt and Jarvis discover when they go to the Forbes Shipyard to confirm the Iowa's presence in the shipyard?
6. When does Pitt believe that Fawkes will attack and why?
7. Where are the few records that remain dealing with the QD project?
8. What information does Daggat give Loren about Lusana's childhood?
9. What happened when Pitt tried to tackle Emma?
10. What will happen to Sandecker and Steiger when the helicopter runs out of fuel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cussler introduces the concept of a biological weapon that is so dangerous its effects are felt for hundreds of years, but can be destroyed by water. Discuss how Cussler established the likelihood of this weapon and whether he sufficiently establishes the probability of such a weapon.
Essay Topic 2
Some characters believe that the end justifies the means. Discuss which characters believe that the end justifies the means using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the novel, discuss how conflict is used in the novel to advance the plot.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)