|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pitt meet with Heidi Milligan in Chapter 54?
2. How many die in Lusana's camp when the South African forces attack?
3. How does the superintendent of the Forbes shipyard happen to be driving by the shipyard so late?
4. How long had the car that Pitt rescued from the Titanic been under water?
5. Where are Sandecker and Steiger to land after Pitt and Giordino cut away the projectile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daggat suggest that Lusana do about the massacre ordered by Jumana?
2. How does Pitt persuade Orville Mapes, President of Phalanx Arms Corporation, to check the whereabouts of the naval shells he bought from Raferty?
3. What do Pitt and Jarvis discover when they go to the Forbes Shipyard to confirm the Iowa's presence in the shipyard?
4. What does Pitt tell Sandecker and Steiger to do while they are trying to get the Quick Death organism to the sea that is attached to the helicopter?
5. What reason does Sandecker give Ravenfoot for wanting to track down a load of old sixteen-inch naval shells?
6. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
7. What options do the President and the Joints Chiefs consider to stop the Iowa?
8. How does Lusana get into the United States?
9. Where are the few records that remain dealing with the QD project?
10. What information does Daggat give Loren about Lusana's childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pitt is a person who doesn't give up easily. Discuss situations that show Pitt's tenacity and the benefits of his tenaciousness. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cussler uses suspense in the novel using examples from "Vixen 03."
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether Fawkes does or does not regret his actions during Operation Wild Rose. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)