|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Carl Swedborg's fishing trawler?
2. How many horsepower do the engines of the Iowa have?
3. How many pounds is Sandecker able to jettison out the cargo door of the helicopter?
4. What is marked on the bunker where Pitt and Mapes look for the weapons that Raferty sold?
5. After gutting tons of non-essential steel from the Iowa, what is the draft of the Iowa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bass halt the test series for the Doomsday organism?
2. Where are the few records that remain dealing with the QD project?
3. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
4. Why didn't Fawkes try to avoid colliding with the fishing trawler?
5. How does Pitt determine which battleship is involved in Operation Wild Rose?
6. What is the Doomsday organism and what effect does it have on humans and animals?
7. How does Colonel Jumana prevent Major Machita from sending a message to General Lusana?
8. When does Pitt believe that Fawkes will attack and why?
9. How does Pitt persuade Orville Mapes, President of Phalanx Arms Corporation, to check the whereabouts of the naval shells he bought from Raferty?
10. Why doesn't anyone at the Pentagon know about the QD project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether Fawkes does or does not regret his actions during Operation Wild Rose. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the novel, discuss how conflict is used in the novel to advance the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Cussler uses suspense in the novel using examples from "Vixen 03."
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)