|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would it take Pitt to transfer the men working on the "Chenago" to Table Lake?
2. How far can the Iowa lob a salvo of two-thousand pound shells?
3. How many pounds is Sandecker able to jettison out the cargo door of the helicopter?
4. How long has the Iowa been refitting at the Forbes shipyard?
5. What is marked on the bunker where Pitt and Mapes look for the weapons that Raferty sold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Sandecker and Steiger when the helicopter runs out of fuel?
2. How does Pitt eliminate Daggat's hold over Loren and stop him from blackmailing her?
3. What does Dale Jarvis believe about Operation Wild Rose?
4. How does Lusana get into the United States?
5. What happened when Pitt tried to tackle Emma?
6. When does Pitt believe that Fawkes will attack and why?
7. What reason does Sandecker give Ravenfoot for wanting to track down a load of old sixteen-inch naval shells?
8. Why doesn't anyone at the Pentagon know about the QD project?
9. Where are the few records that remain dealing with the QD project?
10. What is the Doomsday organism and what effect does it have on humans and animals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pitt is a person who doesn't give up easily. Discuss situations that show Pitt's tenacity and the benefits of his tenaciousness. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Pitt uses deductive reasoning to solve problems. Use examples from "Vixen 03."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why, in spite of all the risks, Sandecker and Steiger, decide to raise the Vixen 03. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)