|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Carl Swedborg?
2. How many men would have to be laid off at the salvage yard if the AAR went to another shipyard?
3. How many AAR guerrillas conducted the raid on Tazareen?
4. In Chapter 50, how many weeks until the new President-elect takes office?
5. What is Jack Ravenfoot's ancestry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Sandecker and Steiger when the helicopter runs out of fuel?
2. What is the Doomsday organism and what effect does it have on humans and animals?
3. What did VFW Post 9974 do with the shells they got from Phalanx Arms Corporation?
4. How does Pitt persuade Orville Mapes, President of Phalanx Arms Corporation, to check the whereabouts of the naval shells he bought from Raferty?
5. How does Lusana get into the United States?
6. How does the Quick Death projectile operate during its trajectory?
7. Why doesn't anyone at the Pentagon know about the QD project?
8. What happened when Pitt tried to tackle Emma?
9. How is the projectile removed from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
10. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss why Charlie Smith and Lee Raferty decided not to tell the authorities that they had found the Vixen 03.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the novel, discuss how conflict is used in the novel to advance the plot.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)