|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pitt, when does NUMA have seismological tests on coral formations scheduled?
2. At what altitude will Sandecker and Steiger head for the sea with the cylinder containing the Doomsday organism?
3. What does Steiger leave in General Grosfield's desk?
4. Where does Steiger find two shells from the Vixen 03?
5. How many villagers in Tazareen are killed at Jumana's orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dale Jarvis believe about Operation Wild Rose?
2. What is the Doomsday organism and what effect does it have on humans and animals?
3. What will happen to Sandecker and Steiger when the helicopter runs out of fuel?
4. Where are the few records that remain dealing with the QD project?
5. Why did Bass halt the test series for the Doomsday organism?
6. What does Daggat suggest that Lusana do about the massacre ordered by Jumana?
7. Why doesn't anyone at the Pentagon know about the QD project?
8. How does Lusana get into the United States?
9. How does the Quick Death projectile operate during its trajectory?
10. How does Pitt determine which battleship is involved in Operation Wild Rose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss why Charlie Smith and Lee Raferty decided not to tell the authorities that they had found the Vixen 03.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why, in spite of all the risks, Sandecker and Steiger, decide to raise the Vixen 03. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)