|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Phil Sawyer's hair?
2. After his heart attack, at what hospital is Walter Bass being treated?
3. What is marked on the bunker where Pitt and Mapes look for the weapons that Raferty sold?
4. How does the superintendent of the Forbes shipyard happen to be driving by the shipyard so late?
5. What section of the river has a network of shallow sandbars that could grip the Iowa's keel and hold her helpless miles from her goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Colonel Jumana prevent Major Machita from sending a message to General Lusana?
2. What does Daggat suggest that Lusana do about the massacre ordered by Jumana?
3. What reason does Sandecker give Ravenfoot for wanting to track down a load of old sixteen-inch naval shells?
4. What options do the President and the Joints Chiefs consider to stop the Iowa?
5. What do Pitt and Jarvis discover when they go to the Forbes Shipyard to confirm the Iowa's presence in the shipyard?
6. How does Pitt persuade Orville Mapes, President of Phalanx Arms Corporation, to check the whereabouts of the naval shells he bought from Raferty?
7. Why didn't Fawkes try to avoid colliding with the fishing trawler?
8. When does Pitt believe that Fawkes will attack and why?
9. How does Pitt determine which battleship is involved in Operation Wild Rose?
10. What did VFW Post 9974 do with the shells they got from Phalanx Arms Corporation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pitt is a person who doesn't give up easily. Discuss situations that show Pitt's tenacity and the benefits of his tenaciousness. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
A theme in the novel is the advancement of race. Compare and contrast how Daggat and De Vaal try to achieve the advancement of their race. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss why Charlie Smith and Lee Raferty decided not to tell the authorities that they had found the Vixen 03.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)