|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what ship was Ravenfoot executive officer during the Vietnam War?
2. In Chapter 42, how many days does Pitt ask Sandecker to give him to find the missing warheads?
3. What is marked on the bunker where Pitt and Mapes look for the weapons that Raferty sold?
4. Who pulls Pitt out of the water after the Iowa explodes?
5. At what altitude will Sandecker and Steiger head for the sea with the cylinder containing the Doomsday organism?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pitt eliminate Daggat's hold over Loren and stop him from blackmailing her?
2. Why did Colonel Jumana order an attack on a village?
3. What do Pitt and Jarvis discover when they go to the Forbes Shipyard to confirm the Iowa's presence in the shipyard?
4. How does Pitt determine which battleship is involved in Operation Wild Rose?
5. What information does Daggat give Loren about Lusana's childhood?
6. What happened when Pitt tried to tackle Emma?
7. Why doesn't anyone at the Pentagon know about the QD project?
8. How does Lusana get into the United States?
9. Why did Bass halt the test series for the Doomsday organism?
10. What does Dale Jarvis believe about Operation Wild Rose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt.
Essay Topic 2
A theme in the novel is the advancement of race. Compare and contrast how Daggat and De Vaal try to achieve the advancement of their race. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Daggat and De Vaal. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)