|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being pulled out of the water Pitt contacts Sandecker and Steiger. How long does he tell them it will be before he contacts them again?
2. How far does the storage area run underground where Pitt and Mapes look for the weapons that Raferty sold?
3. What is NUMA's annual budget?
4. Who bought thirty-seven shells from Phalanx Arms Corporation?
5. What does the current President plan to do after he leaves office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the projectile removed from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
2. Why did Colonel Jumana order an attack on a village?
3. What does Dale Jarvis believe about Operation Wild Rose?
4. What do Pitt and Jarvis discover when they go to the Forbes Shipyard to confirm the Iowa's presence in the shipyard?
5. What happens when Pitt attempts to remove the projectile from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
6. How does Lusana get into the United States?
7. How does Pitt persuade Orville Mapes, President of Phalanx Arms Corporation, to check the whereabouts of the naval shells he bought from Raferty?
8. Why didn't Fawkes try to avoid colliding with the fishing trawler?
9. What will happen to Sandecker and Steiger when the helicopter runs out of fuel?
10. Why doesn't anyone at the Pentagon know about the QD project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Daggat and Loren's views regarding the best ways to support blacks.
Essay Topic 2
Cussler introduces the concept of a biological weapon that is so dangerous its effects are felt for hundreds of years, but can be destroyed by water. Discuss how Cussler established the likelihood of this weapon and whether he sufficiently establishes the probability of such a weapon.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Cussler uses suspense in the novel using examples from "Vixen 03."
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)