|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Steiger find two shells from the Vixen 03?
2. How many South Africans are wounded when South African forces raid Lusana's camp?
3. What type of a vehicle does Mapes drive?
4. How much is Jackson supposed to be paid for photographing Pitt and Loren?
5. Where does Loren meet Daggat and Felicia in Chapter 48?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pitt eliminate Daggat's hold over Loren and stop him from blackmailing her?
2. Why did Colonel Jumana order an attack on a village?
3. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
4. Why did Bass halt the test series for the Doomsday organism?
5. What reason does Sandecker give Ravenfoot for wanting to track down a load of old sixteen-inch naval shells?
6. How is the projectile removed from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
7. What does Dale Jarvis believe about Operation Wild Rose?
8. What is the Doomsday organism and what effect does it have on humans and animals?
9. What information does Daggat give Loren about Lusana's childhood?
10. How does Pitt persuade Orville Mapes, President of Phalanx Arms Corporation, to check the whereabouts of the naval shells he bought from Raferty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt.
Essay Topic 2
Cussler introduces the concept of a biological weapon that is so dangerous its effects are felt for hundreds of years, but can be destroyed by water. Discuss how Cussler established the likelihood of this weapon and whether he sufficiently establishes the probability of such a weapon.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss why Charlie Smith and Lee Raferty decided not to tell the authorities that they had found the Vixen 03.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)