|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many villagers in Tazareen are killed at Jumana's orders?
2. How many horsepower do the engines of the Iowa have?
3. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 42?
4. How long does Bass believe it will be before someone can step onto Rongelo Island?
5. What color is the parachute on the cylinder containing the Doomsday organism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dale Jarvis believe about Operation Wild Rose?
2. What does Pitt tell Sandecker and Steiger to do while they are trying to get the Quick Death organism to the sea that is attached to the helicopter?
3. What did VFW Post 9974 do with the shells they got from Phalanx Arms Corporation?
4. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
5. How does Lusana get into the United States?
6. What happens when Pitt attempts to remove the projectile from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
7. When does Pitt believe that Fawkes will attack and why?
8. How is the projectile removed from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
9. How does Pitt determine which battleship is involved in Operation Wild Rose?
10. What happened when Pitt tried to tackle Emma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the heroes in the book and why their actions were heroic.
Essay Topic 2
Cussler introduces the concept of a biological weapon that is so dangerous its effects are felt for hundreds of years, but can be destroyed by water. Discuss how Cussler established the likelihood of this weapon and whether he sufficiently establishes the probability of such a weapon.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss why Charlie Smith and Lee Raferty decided not to tell the authorities that they had found the Vixen 03.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)