|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pitt disguise the fact that he is carrying a gun when he goes to confront Lee Raferty about Charlie Smith's death?
2. How old is Carl Swedborg?
3. By what percentage must the draft be cut so that Fawkes' ship will ride high?
4. How fast does Pitt soar over the Potomac in the NUMA helicopter?
5. What does Steiger leave in General Grosfield's desk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Sandecker give Ravenfoot for wanting to track down a load of old sixteen-inch naval shells?
2. What will happen to Sandecker and Steiger when the helicopter runs out of fuel?
3. Why doesn't anyone at the Pentagon know about the QD project?
4. Why did Bass halt the test series for the Doomsday organism?
5. What does Pitt tell Sandecker and Steiger to do while they are trying to get the Quick Death organism to the sea that is attached to the helicopter?
6. How does Pitt persuade Orville Mapes, President of Phalanx Arms Corporation, to check the whereabouts of the naval shells he bought from Raferty?
7. What did VFW Post 9974 do with the shells they got from Phalanx Arms Corporation?
8. What do Pitt and Jarvis discover when they go to the Forbes Shipyard to confirm the Iowa's presence in the shipyard?
9. When does Pitt believe that Fawkes will attack and why?
10. Why didn't Fawkes try to avoid colliding with the fishing trawler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Daggat and De Vaal. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether there is more than one protagonist or antagonist in the novel. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)