|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horsepower do the engines of the Iowa have?
2. How much lower is the Harry W. Nice Memorial Toll Bridge than Fawkes had calculated?
3. How far does the storage area run underground where Pitt and Mapes look for the weapons that Raferty sold?
4. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 42?
5. What are the worst of Pitt's wounds after he drops onto the Iowa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lusana get into the United States?
2. What information does Daggat give Loren about Lusana's childhood?
3. What happened when Pitt tried to tackle Emma?
4. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
5. What happens when Pitt attempts to remove the projectile from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
6. What do Pitt and Jarvis discover when they go to the Forbes Shipyard to confirm the Iowa's presence in the shipyard?
7. How does Pitt persuade Orville Mapes, President of Phalanx Arms Corporation, to check the whereabouts of the naval shells he bought from Raferty?
8. How does the Quick Death projectile operate during its trajectory?
9. How is the projectile removed from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
10. How does Colonel Jumana prevent Major Machita from sending a message to General Lusana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Daggat and Loren's views regarding the best ways to support blacks.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether there are any dynamic characters in the novel. Use examples from "Vixen 03" to support your arguments.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)