|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his heart attack, at what hospital is Walter Bass being treated?
2. What is NUMA's annual budget?
3. What color is Phil Sawyer's hair?
4. When did Felicia and Loren see each other last?
5. What type of plane does Steiger fly to Sheppard Air Force Base?
Short Essay Questions
1. What options do the President and the Joints Chiefs consider to stop the Iowa?
2. What happened when Pitt tried to tackle Emma?
3. Why doesn't anyone at the Pentagon know about the QD project?
4. What information does Daggat give Loren about Lusana's childhood?
5. What do Pitt and Jarvis discover when they go to the Forbes Shipyard to confirm the Iowa's presence in the shipyard?
6. How does Pitt determine which battleship is involved in Operation Wild Rose?
7. Why didn't Fawkes try to avoid colliding with the fishing trawler?
8. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
9. Why did Bass halt the test series for the Doomsday organism?
10. How does Pitt eliminate Daggat's hold over Loren and stop him from blackmailing her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether Fawkes does or does not regret his actions during Operation Wild Rose. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Daggat and De Vaal. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the novel, discuss how conflict is used in the novel to advance the plot.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)