|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being pulled out of the water Pitt contacts Sandecker and Steiger. How long does he tell them it will be before he contacts them again?
2. Who fires the cylinder with the Doomsday organism?
3. After gutting tons of non-essential steel from the Iowa, what is the draft of the Iowa?
4. How far does the storage area run underground where Pitt and Mapes look for the weapons that Raferty sold?
5. How long had the car that Pitt rescued from the Titanic been under water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone at the Pentagon know about the QD project?
2. How does Lusana get into the United States?
3. Where are the few records that remain dealing with the QD project?
4. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
5. Why didn't Fawkes try to avoid colliding with the fishing trawler?
6. What did VFW Post 9974 do with the shells they got from Phalanx Arms Corporation?
7. How does Pitt eliminate Daggat's hold over Loren and stop him from blackmailing her?
8. What happens when Pitt attempts to remove the projectile from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
9. Why did Colonel Jumana order an attack on a village?
10. What does Pitt tell Sandecker and Steiger to do while they are trying to get the Quick Death organism to the sea that is attached to the helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cussler introduces the concept of a biological weapon that is so dangerous its effects are felt for hundreds of years, but can be destroyed by water. Discuss how Cussler established the likelihood of this weapon and whether he sufficiently establishes the probability of such a weapon.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the heroes in the book and why their actions were heroic.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss why Charlie Smith and Lee Raferty decided not to tell the authorities that they had found the Vixen 03.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)