Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Loren's cat?
2. What ship is Pitt trying to raise?
3. What color are Loren's eyes?
4. What is the name of the NUMA salvage ship that Pitt is using to work on the wreck of a Civil War ship?
5. Where is Marcus Somala's base camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Air Force records show about the plane that matches the nose gear Pitt found?
2. Where did Marcus Somala find a perfect hiding place?
3. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
4. Why isn't Myra Fawkes worried to have Patrick leave for a few days?
5. Who buried the Fawkes' family?
6. What did Pitt and Steiger do after breakfast in Chapter 7?
7. How did De Vaal travel from an operating room in a Durban hospital to the Pembroke rail-yard quickly?
8. What does Vylander do once the Boeing C-97 reaches an altitude of 16,000 feet?
9. Why does Patrick Fawkes go to Chesapeake Bay?
10. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
Essay Topic 1
Some characters believe that the end justifies the means. Discuss which characters believe that the end justifies the means using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Pitt uses deductive reasoning to solve problems. Use examples from "Vixen 03."
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Felicia and Loren. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)