|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship is Pitt trying to raise?
2. How old was Steiger when Vixen 03 crashed?
3. Of which country is Lusana a citizen?
4. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
5. How long after the discovery of the Vixen 03, is Steiger summoned to Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Patrick Fawkes' remember after his family is buried?
2. How did an old log cabin get at the bottom of Table Lake?
3. What is the Boeing C-97 carrying and where is it flying?
4. What does Pitt find in the garage under the cabin?
5. Why isn't Myra Fawkes worried to have Patrick leave for a few days?
6. Why can't Pitt raise the Vixen 03?
7. What is Vylander to do if an in-flight emergency develops?
8. What does Daggat say will happen if Loren will not vote for his bill?
9. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
10. Describe the place where Loren and Pitt are staying in Colorado.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A theme in the novel is the advancement of race. Compare and contrast how Daggat and De Vaal try to achieve the advancement of their race. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Felicia and Loren. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the heroes in the book and why their actions were heroic.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)