|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of which country is Lusana a citizen?
2. How do Loren and Felicia know each other?
3. Where should Vylander break out of the storm?
4. What symbol is on the piece of metal that Pitt brings back from the plane wreck?
5. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the place where Loren and Pitt are staying in Colorado.
2. What type of information is in Lusana's FBI file?
3. Why would Admiral Sandecker, head of NUMA, be upset if he learns about Pitt's project?
4. What does Daggat say will happen if Loren will not vote for his bill?
5. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
6. What would Folsom use to raise a plane like the Vixen 03?
7. What method does Folsom suggest that Pitt use to raise the Chenago?
8. Who buried the Fawkes' family?
9. What do the Air Force records show about the plane that matches the nose gear Pitt found?
10. Who are Loren's nearest neighbors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss why Charlie Smith and Lee Raferty decided not to tell the authorities that they had found the Vixen 03.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether there is more than one protagonist or antagonist in the novel. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Daggat and Loren's views regarding the best ways to support blacks.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)