|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is a man hiding in while observing the Fawkes farm?
2. What color hair does Pitt have?
3. How deep is Table Lake in some spots?
4. What time is it estimated that Vylander's plane will arrive at its destination?
5. According to the report Steiger brings, what route was the Vixen 03 following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daggat say will happen if Loren will not vote for his bill?
2. Where did Marcus Somala find a perfect hiding place?
3. Why is Major Vylander concerned that he will not be able to get the Boeing C-97 off the ground?
4. Who buried the Fawkes' family?
5. What did Steiger's superiors at the Pentagon tell him was to be done about the Vixen 03?
6. What do the Air Force records show about the plane that matches the nose gear Pitt found?
7. What would Folsom use to raise a plane like the Vixen 03?
8. What makes Pitt think that the Vixen 03 was transporting a dangerous cargo?
9. Why isn't Myra Fawkes worried to have Patrick leave for a few days?
10. What method does Folsom suggest that Pitt use to raise the Chenago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Pitt uses deductive reasoning to solve problems. Use examples from "Vixen 03."
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Daggat and Loren's views regarding the best ways to support blacks.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the inciting force (event or character that triggers the conflict) of the novel.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)