|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pitt and Loren do on their first date?
2. What type of an animal head is hung on the wall of the cabin where Pitt is staying?
3. On Vylander's plane, which engine blows a propeller blade?
4. For which branch of service does Major Vylander work for?
5. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Patrick Fawkes' remember after his family is buried?
2. How does Steiger explain the fact that the nose gear was found in Colorado?
3. Why can't Pitt raise the Vixen 03?
4. What method does Folsom suggest that Pitt use to raise the Chenago?
5. How did Loren's father die?
6. Why isn't Myra Fawkes worried to have Patrick leave for a few days?
7. Why is Major Vylander concerned that he will not be able to get the Boeing C-97 off the ground?
8. What does Vylander do once the Boeing C-97 reaches an altitude of 16,000 feet?
9. What makes Pitt think that the Vixen 03 was transporting a dangerous cargo?
10. What would Folsom use to raise a plane like the Vixen 03?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel to achieve goals and solve problems.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the overall mood of "Vixen 03."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why, in spite of all the risks, Sandecker and Steiger, decide to raise the Vixen 03. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)