|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol is on the piece of metal that Pitt brings back from the plane wreck?
2. What color is Giordino's hair?
3. How much does Fawkes weigh?
4. Where should Vylander break out of the storm?
5. What type of fish does Lusana catch in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Pitt raise the Vixen 03?
2. What does Vylander do once the Boeing C-97 reaches an altitude of 16,000 feet?
3. What method does Folsom suggest that Pitt use to raise the Chenago?
4. Describe the place where Loren and Pitt are staying in Colorado.
5. What type of information is in Lusana's FBI file?
6. What did Steiger's superiors at the Pentagon tell him was to be done about the Vixen 03?
7. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
8. How did De Vaal travel from an operating room in a Durban hospital to the Pembroke rail-yard quickly?
9. Who are Loren's nearest neighbors?
10. How does Steiger explain the fact that the nose gear was found in Colorado?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why, in spite of all the risks, Sandecker and Steiger, decide to raise the Vixen 03. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether there is more than one protagonist or antagonist in the novel. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)