|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Major Thomas Machita use when he travels to Pretoria in Chapter 22?
2. What type of an animal head is hung on the wall of the cabin where Pitt is staying?
3. How many children does Steiger have?
4. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What weapon does Machita finally decide to use to kill Emma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What options do the President and the Joints Chiefs consider to stop the Iowa?
2. Why didn't Fawkes try to avoid colliding with the fishing trawler?
3. What does Dale Jarvis believe about Operation Wild Rose?
4. Why does Patrick Fawkes go to Chesapeake Bay?
5. What happens when Pitt attempts to remove the projectile from the helicopter that Steiger is piloting?
6. Why doesn't anyone at the Pentagon know about the QD project?
7. What do the Air Force records show about the plane that matches the nose gear Pitt found?
8. What does Patrick Fawkes' remember after his family is buried?
9. Why did Colonel Jumana order an attack on a village?
10. How does Lusana get into the United States?
Essay Topic 1
Pitt is a person who doesn't give up easily. Discuss situations that show Pitt's tenacity and the benefits of his tenaciousness. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether Fawkes does or does not regret his actions during Operation Wild Rose. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Daggat and De Vaal. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)