|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Somala see creeping to attack the Fawkes' farm?
2. How many boys attack Fawkes on his way to Pembroke?
3. What is the destination of Vylander's plane?
4. What does Pitt have for supper at Anchorage House?
5. On the wreck of the Vixen 03, how many skeletons does Pitt find still strapped in their seats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Air Force records show about the plane that matches the nose gear Pitt found?
2. What is Vylander to do if an in-flight emergency develops?
3. Why can't Pitt raise the Vixen 03?
4. Who are Loren's nearest neighbors?
5. What did Pitt and Steiger do after breakfast in Chapter 7?
6. What makes Pitt think that the Vixen 03 was transporting a dangerous cargo?
7. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
8. What did Steiger's superiors at the Pentagon tell him was to be done about the Vixen 03?
9. How does Steiger explain the fact that the nose gear was found in Colorado?
10. Why isn't Myra Fawkes worried to have Patrick leave for a few days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the novel, discuss how conflict is used in the novel to advance the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Daggat and De Vaal. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Pitt uses deductive reasoning to solve problems. Use examples from "Vixen 03."
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)