|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Buckley Naval Air Station located?
2. What color is Giordino's hair?
3. What name does Major Thomas Machita use when he travels to Pretoria in Chapter 22?
4. What is the destination of Vylander's plane?
5. What Colorado district does Loren represent in Congress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did De Vaal travel from an operating room in a Durban hospital to the Pembroke rail-yard quickly?
2. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
3. What method does Folsom suggest that Pitt use to raise the Chenago?
4. What does Daggat say will happen if Loren will not vote for his bill?
5. What would Folsom use to raise a plane like the Vixen 03?
6. Why does Patrick Fawkes go to Chesapeake Bay?
7. How did Loren's father die?
8. How does Steiger explain the fact that the nose gear was found in Colorado?
9. Why would Admiral Sandecker, head of NUMA, be upset if he learns about Pitt's project?
10. Why isn't Myra Fawkes worried to have Patrick leave for a few days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the inciting force (event or character that triggers the conflict) of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Pitt uses deductive reasoning to solve problems. Use examples from "Vixen 03."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why, in spite of all the risks, Sandecker and Steiger, decide to raise the Vixen 03. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)