|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the cargo weigh on Vylander's plane?
2. What Colorado district does Loren represent in Congress?
3. What is the date at the beginning of the novel?
4. On Vylander's plane, which engine blows a propeller blade?
5. How tall is Pitt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Patrick Fawkes' remember after his family is buried?
2. How did Loren's father die?
3. What did Steiger's superiors at the Pentagon tell him was to be done about the Vixen 03?
4. What does Pitt find in the garage under the cabin?
5. Who buried the Fawkes' family?
6. What does Vylander do once the Boeing C-97 reaches an altitude of 16,000 feet?
7. Why is Major Vylander concerned that he will not be able to get the Boeing C-97 off the ground?
8. Why would Admiral Sandecker, head of NUMA, be upset if he learns about Pitt's project?
9. How did an old log cabin get at the bottom of Table Lake?
10. Describe the place where Loren and Pitt are staying in Colorado.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A theme in the novel is the advancement of race. Compare and contrast how Daggat and De Vaal try to achieve the advancement of their race. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether there are any dynamic characters in the novel. Use examples from "Vixen 03" to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether there is more than one protagonist or antagonist in the novel. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)