|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Machita supposed to meet Emma?
2. For which branch of service does Major Vylander work for?
3. What is the destination of Vylander's plane?
4. What country are Giordino's ancestors from?
5. How many days do Loren and Pitt have to spend together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daggat say will happen if Loren will not vote for his bill?
2. What makes Pitt think that the Vixen 03 was transporting a dangerous cargo?
3. What is the Boeing C-97 carrying and where is it flying?
4. Who are Loren's nearest neighbors?
5. How does Steiger explain the fact that the nose gear was found in Colorado?
6. What type of information is in Lusana's FBI file?
7. Why can't Pitt raise the Vixen 03?
8. What does Patrick Fawkes' remember after his family is buried?
9. Who buried the Fawkes' family?
10. What did Pitt and Steiger do after breakfast in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether there is more than one protagonist or antagonist in the novel. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why, in spite of all the risks, Sandecker and Steiger, decide to raise the Vixen 03. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)