Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Loren's cat?
2. What ship is Pitt trying to raise?
3. What color are Loren's eyes?
4. What is the name of the NUMA salvage ship that Pitt is using to work on the wreck of a Civil War ship?
5. Where is Marcus Somala's base camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Air Force records show about the plane that matches the nose gear Pitt found?
2. Where did Marcus Somala find a perfect hiding place?
3. What did Lee Raferty do with the canisters he and Charlie Smith brought up from the Vixen 03?
4. Why isn't Myra Fawkes worried to have Patrick leave for a few days?
5. Who buried the Fawkes' family?
6. What did Pitt and Steiger do after breakfast in Chapter 7?
7. How did De Vaal travel from an operating room in a Durban hospital to the Pembroke rail-yard quickly?
8. What does Vylander do once the Boeing C-97 reaches an altitude of 16,000 feet?
9. Why does Patrick Fawkes go to Chesapeake Bay?
10. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
Discuss why, in spite of all the risks, Sandecker and Steiger, decide to raise the Vixen 03. Use examples from the novel.
Some characters believe that the end justifies the means. Discuss which characters believe that the end justifies the means using examples from the book.
Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel to achieve goals and solve problems.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)