|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it in Chapter 1?
2. How long is the runway at Buckley Naval Air Station?
3. Where is Machita supposed to meet Emma?
4. What is Pitt's room number at Bass' inn?
5. Near what mountain range is Pitt staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vylander to do if an in-flight emergency develops?
2. What is the Boeing C-97 carrying and where is it flying?
3. How does Steiger explain the fact that the nose gear was found in Colorado?
4. Why can't Pitt raise the Vixen 03?
5. How did De Vaal travel from an operating room in a Durban hospital to the Pembroke rail-yard quickly?
6. Describe the place where Loren and Pitt are staying in Colorado.
7. Who buried the Fawkes' family?
8. How did Loren and Pitt meet?
9. What is Abe Steiger's job?
10. Where did Marcus Somala find a perfect hiding place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cussler introduces the concept of a biological weapon that is so dangerous its effects are felt for hundreds of years, but can be destroyed by water. Discuss how Cussler established the likelihood of this weapon and whether he sufficiently establishes the probability of such a weapon.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the overall mood of "Vixen 03."
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether there is more than one protagonist or antagonist in the novel. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)