|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which branch of service does Major Vylander work for?
2. What does Steiger do while Pitt probes a deep ravine?
3. In Chapter 26, where is Pitt to travel by plane?
4. What ship is Pitt trying to raise?
5. What season is it in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pitt persuade Orville Mapes, President of Phalanx Arms Corporation, to check the whereabouts of the naval shells he bought from Raferty?
2. How did Loren and Pitt meet?
3. What does Daggat suggest that Lusana do about the massacre ordered by Jumana?
4. Why won't the gravedigger accept pay for digging Fawkes' grave?
5. What did Pitt and Steiger do after breakfast in Chapter 7?
6. How does Colonel Jumana prevent Major Machita from sending a message to General Lusana?
7. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
8. Where are the few records that remain dealing with the QD project?
9. What happened when Pitt tried to tackle Emma?
10. What do Pitt and Jarvis discover when they go to the Forbes Shipyard to confirm the Iowa's presence in the shipyard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel to achieve goals and solve problems.
Essay Topic 2
Pitt is a person who doesn't give up easily. Discuss situations that show Pitt's tenacity and the benefits of his tenaciousness. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss why Charlie Smith and Lee Raferty decided not to tell the authorities that they had found the Vixen 03.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)