|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days has it been since Somala led his men from their base camp to Natal?
2. What speed is Vylander's plane traveling when there is 9,000 feet of runway to travel?
3. What is the name of Loren's cat?
4. How long after the discovery of the Vixen 03, is Steiger summoned to Washington?
5. On Vylander's plane, how many blades are on each propeller?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who buried the Fawkes' family?
2. What type of information is in Lusana's FBI file?
3. What is Abe Steiger's job?
4. Why can't Pitt raise the Vixen 03?
5. Why would Admiral Sandecker, head of NUMA, be upset if he learns about Pitt's project?
6. What is Vylander to do if an in-flight emergency develops?
7. What would Folsom use to raise a plane like the Vixen 03?
8. What did Pitt and Steiger do after breakfast in Chapter 7?
9. Why does Patrick Fawkes go to Chesapeake Bay?
10. What does Patrick Fawkes' remember after his family is buried?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Cussler uses suspense in the novel using examples from "Vixen 03."
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss why Charlie Smith and Lee Raferty decided not to tell the authorities that they had found the Vixen 03.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Felicia and Loren. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)