|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abe Steiger weigh?
2. Where is Marcus Somala's base camp?
3. What Colorado district does Loren represent in Congress?
4. Where is Machita supposed to meet Emma?
5. Where will Vylander's plane stop for fuel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Admiral Sandecker, head of NUMA, be upset if he learns about Pitt's project?
2. Who buried the Fawkes' family?
3. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
4. What does Daggat say will happen if Loren will not vote for his bill?
5. What type of information is in Lusana's FBI file?
6. How did Loren and Pitt meet?
7. What happens to the Boeing C-97 while Vylander checks the cargo?
8. Where did Marcus Somala find a perfect hiding place?
9. How does Steiger explain the fact that the nose gear was found in Colorado?
10. What is the Boeing C-97 carrying and where is it flying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why, in spite of all the risks, Sandecker and Steiger, decide to raise the Vixen 03. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Some characters believe that the end justifies the means. Discuss which characters believe that the end justifies the means using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Cussler uses suspense in the novel using examples from "Vixen 03."
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)