|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Major Thomas Machita use when he travels to Pretoria in Chapter 22?
2. According to the report Steiger brings, what route was the Vixen 03 following?
3. How many days has it been since Somala led his men from their base camp to Natal?
4. What is the date at the beginning of the novel?
5. In Chapter 26, where is Pitt to travel by plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Air Force records show about the plane that matches the nose gear Pitt found?
2. What is the Boeing C-97 carrying and where is it flying?
3. How does Steiger explain the fact that the nose gear was found in Colorado?
4. Why isn't Myra Fawkes worried to have Patrick leave for a few days?
5. Describe the place where Loren and Pitt are staying in Colorado.
6. How did Loren and Pitt meet?
7. Who buried the Fawkes' family?
8. What would Folsom use to raise a plane like the Vixen 03?
9. What is Vylander to do if an in-flight emergency develops?
10. What is Abe Steiger's job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cussler introduces the concept of a biological weapon that is so dangerous its effects are felt for hundreds of years, but can be destroyed by water. Discuss how Cussler established the likelihood of this weapon and whether he sufficiently establishes the probability of such a weapon.
Essay Topic 2
Some characters believe that the end justifies the means. Discuss which characters believe that the end justifies the means using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Cussler uses suspense in the novel using examples from "Vixen 03."
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)