|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the runway at Buckley Naval Air Station?
(a) 19,000 feet.
(b) 11,000 feet.
(c) 9,000 feet.
(d) 16,000 feet.
2. What disguise does one of Emma's accomplices wear when Machita meets him in Chapter 27?
(d) Grim Reaper.
3. Where is the hotel where Fawkes is to go until De Vaal can get Operation Wild Rose moving?
(a) 15 miles from town.
(b) 20 miles from town.
(c) 5 miles from town.
(d) 10 miles from town.
4. How many workers are housed in a compound on the Fawkes farm?
(a) Nearly 60.
(b) Nearly 50.
(c) Around 40.
(d) Almost 75.
5. How much of a leeway does Admiral Bass tell Vylander he will have when the plane takes off?
(a) 3,000 feet.
(b) 5,000 feet.
(c) 2,000 feet.
(d) 4,000 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the cargo weigh on Vylander's plane?
2. When Vylander's plane begins having difficulties, how many degrees are they off the plotted course?
3. What name does Major Thomas Machita use when he travels to Pretoria in Chapter 22?
4. According to the report Steiger brings, what route was the Vixen 03 following?
5. What speed is Vylander's plane traveling when there is 9,000 feet of runway to travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Marcus Somala find a perfect hiding place?
2. How did De Vaal travel from an operating room in a Durban hospital to the Pembroke rail-yard quickly?
3. Describe the place where Loren and Pitt are staying in Colorado.
4. Why does Patrick Fawkes go to Chesapeake Bay?
5. How did Loren's father die?
6. What method does Folsom suggest that Pitt use to raise the Chenago?
7. What type of information is in Lusana's FBI file?
8. Why would Admiral Sandecker, head of NUMA, be upset if he learns about Pitt's project?
9. What would Folsom use to raise a plane like the Vixen 03?
10. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)