|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Boeing C-97 Stratocruiser.
(b) Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
(c) Boeing DC-10.
(d) Lockheed L-1011 TriStar.
2. What does Abe Steiger weigh?
(a) Around 200.
(b) About 220.
(c) About 250.
(d) Around 180.
3. How long does Pitt say that a man diving in Table Lake could withstand the cold?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
4. Where will Vylander's plane stop for fuel?
5. When did Pitt and Giordino meet?
(a) 5th grade.
(c) High school.
(d) 1st grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of a clock is on the wall of the cabin where Pitt is staying?
2. What does Steiger do while Pitt probes a deep ravine?
3. How many stainless-steel canisters are in the cargo bay of Vylander's plane?
4. What did Maxine make for dessert?
5. How many days has it been since Somala led his men from their base camp to Natal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What method does Folsom suggest that Pitt use to raise the Chenago?
2. Why does Patrick Fawkes go to Chesapeake Bay?
3. What makes Pitt think that the Vixen 03 was transporting a dangerous cargo?
4. Where did Marcus Somala find a perfect hiding place?
5. Why would Admiral Sandecker, head of NUMA, be upset if he learns about Pitt's project?
6. What does Daggat say will happen if Loren will not vote for his bill?
7. What did Steiger's superiors at the Pentagon tell him was to be done about the Vixen 03?
8. Who are Loren's nearest neighbors?
9. What is the Boeing C-97 carrying and where is it flying?
10. Why can't Pitt raise the Vixen 03?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)