|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the runway at Buckley Naval Air Station?
(a) 16,000 feet.
(b) 19,000 feet.
(c) 9,000 feet.
(d) 11,000 feet.
2. How old was Steiger when Vixen 03 crashed?
3. In Chapter 26, how long before Pitt's plane leaves?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 8 hours.`
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
4. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lockheed L-1011 TriStar.
(b) Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
(c) Boeing DC-10.
(d) Boeing C-97 Stratocruiser.
5. What disguise does one of Emma's accomplices wear when Machita meets him in Chapter 27?
(a) Grim Reaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fish does Lusana catch in Chapter 24?
2. Pitt and the others see an old man fishing when they are searching Table Lake with a camera. How long has the old man fished at Table Lake?
3. How long after the discovery of the Vixen 03, is Steiger summoned to Washington?
4. Where will Vylander's plane stop for fuel?
5. How many years did Fawkes serve in the Royal Navy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Pitt think that the Vixen 03 was transporting a dangerous cargo?
2. Why does Patrick Fawkes go to Chesapeake Bay?
3. Why is Major Vylander concerned that he will not be able to get the Boeing C-97 off the ground?
4. What did Steiger's superiors at the Pentagon tell him was to be done about the Vixen 03?
5. Why isn't Myra Fawkes worried to have Patrick leave for a few days?
6. What does Patrick Fawkes' remember after his family is buried?
7. What method does Folsom suggest that Pitt use to raise the Chenago?
8. What does Daggat say will happen if Loren will not vote for his bill?
9. How did Loren and Pitt meet?
10. What is Vylander to do if an in-flight emergency develops?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)