|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol is on the piece of metal that Pitt brings back from the plane wreck?
(a) Laser hazard.
(d) Chemical weapon.
2. Where is the hotel where Fawkes is to go until De Vaal can get Operation Wild Rose moving?
(a) 5 miles from town.
(b) 15 miles from town.
(c) 10 miles from town.
(d) 20 miles from town.
3. According to the report Steiger brings, what route was the Vixen 03 following?
(a) California to Hawaii.
(b) Alaska to Hawaii.
(c) New York to the Bahamas.
(d) Colorado to California.
4. When Vylander's plane begins having difficulties, how many degrees are they off the plotted course?
(a) 30 degrees.
(b) 80 degrees.
(c) 75 degrees.
(d) 95 degrees.
5. What does Pitt have for supper at Anchorage House?
(b) Veal cutlets.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Fried chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the destination of Vylander's plane?
2. What type of an animal head is hung on the wall of the cabin where Pitt is staying?
3. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
4. How much does the cargo weigh on Vylander's plane?
5. In Chapter 26, how long before Pitt's plane leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Steiger's superiors at the Pentagon tell him was to be done about the Vixen 03?
2. What makes Pitt think that the Vixen 03 was transporting a dangerous cargo?
3. Where did Marcus Somala find a perfect hiding place?
4. How does Steiger explain the fact that the nose gear was found in Colorado?
5. What is the Boeing C-97 carrying and where is it flying?
6. Why isn't Myra Fawkes worried to have Patrick leave for a few days?
7. Why doesn't Major Vylander like what he sees on a January night in 1954?
8. How did an old log cabin get at the bottom of Table Lake?
9. What does Patrick Fawkes' remember after his family is buried?
10. What did Pitt and Steiger do after breakfast in Chapter 7?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)