|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did Sandecker have on staff when he became director of NUMA?
2. When can the President open the file that gives information about the QD project?
3. Who fires the cylinder with the Doomsday organism?
4. According to Pitt, when does NUMA have seismological tests on coral formations scheduled?
(a) Two weeks of March next year.
(c) One week of April next year.
5. Who shoots Lusana when he comes to the main deck?
6. When Lusana is kidnapped, into whose custody is he placed?
(a) South African government.
7. What is Jack Ravenfoot's ancestry?
8. What is NUMA's annual budget?
(a) $500 million.
(b) $600 million.
(c) $400 million.
(d) $200 million.
9. What does the current President plan to do after he leaves office?
(a) Fly a small jet around the world.
(b) Take a trip to Europe.
(c) Return to his hometown.
(d) Sail a 40 foot ketch to the South Pacific.
10. At what altitude will Sandecker and Steiger head for the sea with the cylinder containing the Doomsday organism?
(a) 4,000 feet.
(b) 9,000 feet.
(c) 6,000 feet.
(d) 5,000 feet.
11. How many men would have to be laid off at the salvage yard if the AAR went to another shipyard?
12. How much lower is the Harry W. Nice Memorial Toll Bridge than Fawkes had calculated?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 2 feet.
(c) 4 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
13. What type of plane does Steiger fly to Sheppard Air Force Base?
(a) F-16 Fighting Falcon.
(b) Spook F-140.
(c) F/A-18 Hornet.
(d) F-15 Eagle.
14. After being pulled out of the water Pitt contacts Sandecker and Steiger. How long does he tell them it will be before he contacts them again?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
15. How long does Bass believe it will be before someone can step onto Rongelo Island?
(a) 400 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 300 years.
(d) 500 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would it take Pitt to transfer the men working on the "Chenago" to Table Lake?
2. What will half the superstructure, funnels, and fore and aft gun turrets on Fawkes' ship be replaced with?
3. After his heart attack, where will Walter Bass be transferred as soon as he is strong enough for the trip?
4. How much time elapses between the parachute's ejection on the Quick Death projectile and the dispersal of Quick Death?
5. By what percentage must the draft be cut so that Fawkes' ship will ride high?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)