|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What section of the river has a network of shallow sandbars that could grip the Iowa's keel and hold her helpless miles from her goal?
(a) Kettle Bottom Shoals.
(b) Shipwreck Shoals.
(c) Copper Shoals.
(d) Eastern Shoals.
2. Where is the apartment located that Felicia gives Loren a key to?
(b) Downtown Washington.
(d) Capitol Heights.
3. Who is Dr. Paul Weir?
(a) Navy Seal.
(b) Head physicist from Stransky Instruments.
(c) Head chemist from Ballantine Labs.
(d) A Marine.
4. How old was Lusana when his father deserted him, his mother, and his siblings?
5. Who is the superintendent of the Forbes shipyard?
(a) Dan Chitwood.
(b) Lou Metz.
(c) Jim Johnson.
(d) Brian Halverson.
6. What color is Phil Sawyer's hair?
7. Where does Pitt meet with Heidi Milligan in Chapter 54?
(a) At an all-night coffee shop.
(b) Bass' Inn.
(c) At Pitt's home.
(d) Bethesda Naval Hospital.
8. In Chapter 42, how many days does Pitt ask Sandecker to give him to find the missing warheads?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 6 days.
9. After gutting tons of non-essential steel from the Iowa, what is the draft of the Iowa?
(a) 18 feet.
(b) Around 22 feet.
(c) 27 feet.
(d) Around 30 feet.
10. Who bought thirty-seven shells from Phalanx Arms Corporation?
(a) South African government.
(b) Veterans of Foreign Wars.
(c) African Army of Revolution.
(d) British Imperial War Museum.
11. After his heart attack, at what hospital is Walter Bass being treated?
(a) Bassett Army Community Hospital.
(b) Fitzsimons Army Hospital.
(c) Evans Army Hospital.
(d) Lyster Army Hospital.
12. How many acres does Mapes have at his facility?
13. When can the President open the file that gives information about the QD project?
14. How many feet per second is the Doomsday projectile designed to descend?
(a) 22 feet per second.
(b) 18 feet per second.
(c) 15 feet per second.
(d) 25 feet per second.
15. By how many tons does Fawkes wish to lighten his ship?
(a) 25,000 tons.
(b) 15,000 tons.
(c) 20,000 tons.
(d) 10,000 tons.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his heart attack, where will Walter Bass be transferred as soon as he is strong enough for the trip?
2. Where are Sandecker and Steiger to land after Pitt and Giordino cut away the projectile?
3. How many villagers in Tazareen are killed at Jumana's orders?
4. What type of plane does Steiger fly to Sheppard Air Force Base?
5. On what ship was Ravenfoot executive officer during the Vietnam War?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)