|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Bass believe it will be before someone can step onto Rongelo Island?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 400 years.
(d) 500 years.
2. How long had the car that Pitt rescued from the Titanic been under water?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 70 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 90 years.
3. In Chapter 50, how many weeks until the new President-elect takes office?
(a) 6 weeks and 3 days.
(b) 8 weeks and 6 days.
(c) 9 weeks and 1 day.
(d) 5 weeks and 2 days.
4. How many horsepower do the engines of the Iowa have?
5. How does the superintendent of the Forbes shipyard happen to be driving by the shipyard so late?
(a) He came to get some invoices.
(b) He always inspects the yard at that time of the evening.
(c) He came to pick up some shipping labels.
(d) He came to pick up blueprints.
6. What color is Phil Sawyer's hair?
7. After his heart attack, where will Walter Bass be transferred as soon as he is strong enough for the trip?
(a) Camp Pendleton.
(b) Bethesda Naval Hospital.
(c) Great Lakes Naval Hospital.
(d) Naval Hospital Jacksonville.
8. Where does Steiger find two shells from the Vixen 03?
(b) Dayton City.
(d) Kansas City.
9. How long would it take Pitt to transfer the men working on the "Chenago" to Table Lake?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 72 hours.
(d) 36 hours.
10. How many pounds is Sandecker able to jettison out the cargo door of the helicopter?
(a) 350 pounds.
(b) About 500 pounds.
(c) About 400 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
11. What car does Pitt have that he took off the Titanic?
(a) 1912 Fiat Zero.
(b) 1908 Lancia Alfa.
(c) 1912 Renault Open-drive Landaulette.
(d) 1906 Peugeot Type 81.
12. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 42?
13. How far can the Iowa lob a salvo of two-thousand pound shells?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
14. When did Felicia and Loren see each other last?
(a) 8 years ago.
(b) 6 years ago.
(c) Last inaugural ball.
(d) Last class reunion.
15. According to Pitt, when does NUMA have seismological tests on coral formations scheduled?
(c) Two weeks of March next year.
(d) One week of April next year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Carl Swedborg's fishing trawler?
2. Where does Pitt meet with Heidi Milligan in Chapter 54?
3. Where is Dale Jarvis having lunch in Chapter 47?
4. What does the current President plan to do after he leaves office?
5. What is NUMA's annual budget?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)