|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many AAR guerrillas conducted the raid on Tazareen?
2. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 42?
3. What section of the river has a network of shallow sandbars that could grip the Iowa's keel and hold her helpless miles from her goal?
(a) Eastern Shoals.
(b) Shipwreck Shoals.
(c) Copper Shoals.
(d) Kettle Bottom Shoals.
4. How far does the storage area run underground where Pitt and Mapes look for the weapons that Raferty sold?
(a) 4 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 1/2 mile.
5. What is the name of the helicopter that Steiger is piloting for NUMA?
6. What are the worst of Pitt's wounds after he drops onto the Iowa?
(a) Broken arm.
(b) Cracked ankle.
(c) 2-3 cracked ribs.
(d) Dislocated shoulder.
7. How far can the Iowa lob a salvo of two-thousand pound shells?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
8. Where is Lusana staying while he is in Washington?
9. At what time does a taxi leave Jarvis in a hangar at the Washington National Airport?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 8:30 p.m.
(c) 9:00 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
10. What does the current President plan to do after he leaves office?
(a) Take a trip to Europe.
(b) Return to his hometown.
(c) Sail a 40 foot ketch to the South Pacific.
(d) Fly a small jet around the world.
11. What color is Phil Sawyer's hair?
12. By how many tons does Fawkes wish to lighten his ship?
(a) 25,000 tons.
(b) 15,000 tons.
(c) 20,000 tons.
(d) 10,000 tons.
13. How many horsepower do the engines of the Iowa have?
14. How does the superintendent of the Forbes shipyard happen to be driving by the shipyard so late?
(a) He came to pick up blueprints.
(b) He always inspects the yard at that time of the evening.
(c) He came to get some invoices.
(d) He came to pick up some shipping labels.
15. Who pulls Pitt out of the water after the Iowa explodes?
(c) Navy Seals.
(d) Coast Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 42, how many days does Pitt ask Sandecker to give him to find the missing warheads?
2. According to Pitt, when does NUMA have seismological tests on coral formations scheduled?
3. At what altitude will Sandecker and Steiger head for the sea with the cylinder containing the Doomsday organism?
4. What is the name of Carl Swedborg's fishing trawler?
5. What is NUMA's annual budget?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)