|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many feet per second is the Doomsday projectile designed to descend?
(a) 15 feet per second.
(b) 18 feet per second.
(c) 22 feet per second.
(d) 25 feet per second.
2. How long has the Iowa been refitting at the Forbes shipyard?
(a) Close to 6 months.
(b) Close to 9 months.
(c) About 8 months.
(d) About 5 months.
3. Who is the superintendent of the Forbes shipyard?
(a) Brian Halverson.
(b) Lou Metz.
(c) Dan Chitwood.
(d) Jim Johnson.
4. Where did Fawkes sleep the first week he was working on the ship?
(a) Boiler room.
(b) Control room.
(c) Engine room.
(d) Captain's quarters.
5. What time did a bus come through the shipyard with a load of black men?
(a) 5 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 7 p.m.
6. What type of plane does Steiger fly to Sheppard Air Force Base?
(a) Spook F-140.
(b) F/A-18 Hornet.
(c) F-15 Eagle.
(d) F-16 Fighting Falcon.
7. By how many tons does Fawkes wish to lighten his ship?
(a) 20,000 tons.
(b) 15,000 tons.
(c) 25,000 tons.
(d) 10,000 tons.
8. Where does Sandecker hope to drop the cylinder with the Doomsday organism?
(a) 800 miles east of New York.
(b) 900 miles east of Maryland.
(c) 600 miles east of the Delaware coastline.
(d) 600 miles east of Washington, D.C.
9. How long has Sandecker been chief director of the National Underwater and Marine Agency?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 5 years.
10. What is the name of the helicopter that Steiger is piloting for NUMA?
11. How old was Lusana when his father deserted him, his mother, and his siblings?
12. After his heart attack, where will Walter Bass be transferred as soon as he is strong enough for the trip?
(a) Camp Pendleton.
(b) Bethesda Naval Hospital.
(c) Great Lakes Naval Hospital.
(d) Naval Hospital Jacksonville.
13. In Chapter 50, how many weeks until the new President-elect takes office?
(a) 5 weeks and 2 days.
(b) 6 weeks and 3 days.
(c) 8 weeks and 6 days.
(d) 9 weeks and 1 day.
14. How does Pitt disguise the fact that he is carrying a gun when he goes to confront Lee Raferty about Charlie Smith's death?
(a) He has the gun in a backpack.
(b) He is wearing a small gun around his ankle.
(c) He carries his gun under a windbreaker.
(d) He is wearing a jacket and has the gun in the waistband of his jeans.
15. Where is the apartment located that Felicia gives Loren a key to?
(b) Capitol Heights.
(c) Downtown Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fires the cylinder with the Doomsday organism?
2. What will half the superstructure, funnels, and fore and aft gun turrets on Fawkes' ship be replaced with?
3. What does the current President plan to do after he leaves office?
4. What color is the parachute on the cylinder containing the Doomsday organism?
5. According to Pitt, when does NUMA have seismological tests on coral formations scheduled?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)