|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What section of the river has a network of shallow sandbars that could grip the Iowa's keel and hold her helpless miles from her goal?
(a) Shipwreck Shoals.
(b) Copper Shoals.
(c) Kettle Bottom Shoals.
(d) Eastern Shoals.
2. What is the name of the helicopter that Steiger is piloting for NUMA?
3. What is marked on the bunker where Pitt and Mapes look for the weapons that Raferty sold?
(a) Arsenal 6.
(b) Arsenal 10.
(c) Bunker 15.
(d) Bunker 9.
4. How long does Bass believe it will be before someone can step onto Rongelo Island?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 400 years.
(d) 500 years.
5. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 42?
6. Who fires the cylinder with the Doomsday organism?
7. After gutting tons of non-essential steel from the Iowa, what is the draft of the Iowa?
(a) Around 22 feet.
(b) 18 feet.
(c) Around 30 feet.
(d) 27 feet.
8. How many people did Sandecker have on staff when he became director of NUMA?
9. What are the worst of Pitt's wounds after he drops onto the Iowa?
(a) Dislocated shoulder.
(b) Cracked ankle.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) 2-3 cracked ribs.
10. How many horsepower do the engines of the Iowa have?
11. What river is Fawkes sailing with the Iowa?
12. How much time elapses between the parachute's ejection on the Quick Death projectile and the dispersal of Quick Death?
(a) 35 seconds.
(b) 30 seconds.
(c) 40 seconds.
(d) 15 seconds.
13. How long would it take Pitt to transfer the men working on the "Chenago" to Table Lake?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 72 hours.
14. What is NUMA's annual budget?
(a) $400 million.
(b) $200 million.
(c) $600 million.
(d) $500 million.
15. What will half the superstructure, funnels, and fore and aft gun turrets on Fawkes' ship be replaced with?
(c) Nothing, they won't replace any of it.
(d) Plywood sheeting painted gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car does Pitt have that he took off the Titanic?
2. After his heart attack, at what hospital is Walter Bass being treated?
3. Where does Pitt meet with Heidi Milligan in Chapter 54?
4. How many AAR guerrillas conducted the raid on Tazareen?
5. What type of a vehicle does Mapes drive?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)