|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being pulled out of the water Pitt contacts Sandecker and Steiger. How long does he tell them it will be before he contacts them again?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
2. Who bought thirty-seven shells from Phalanx Arms Corporation?
(a) Veterans of Foreign Wars.
(b) British Imperial War Museum.
(c) African Army of Revolution.
(d) South African government.
3. How long had the car that Pitt rescued from the Titanic been under water?
(a) 90 years.
(b) 80 years.
(c) 70 years.
(d) 40 years.
4. According to Pitt, when does NUMA have seismological tests on coral formations scheduled?
(a) Two weeks of March next year.
(b) One week of April next year.
5. How long does Bass believe it will be before someone can step onto Rongelo Island?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 400 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
6. How many feet per second is the Doomsday projectile designed to descend?
(a) 22 feet per second.
(b) 15 feet per second.
(c) 25 feet per second.
(d) 18 feet per second.
7. Who pulls Pitt out of the water after the Iowa explodes?
(b) Coast Guard.
(c) Navy Seals.
8. After his heart attack, where will Walter Bass be transferred as soon as he is strong enough for the trip?
(a) Bethesda Naval Hospital.
(b) Great Lakes Naval Hospital.
(c) Camp Pendleton.
(d) Naval Hospital Jacksonville.
9. Where does Loren meet Daggat and Felicia in Chapter 48?
(a) A small meeting room in the Capitol.
(b) A small cafe.
(d) Daggat's office.
10. How much is Jackson supposed to be paid for photographing Pitt and Loren?
11. What are the worst of Pitt's wounds after he drops onto the Iowa?
(a) Cracked ankle.
(b) Dislocated shoulder.
(c) 2-3 cracked ribs.
(d) Broken arm.
12. What type of plane does Steiger fly to Sheppard Air Force Base?
(a) Spook F-140.
(b) F-15 Eagle.
(c) F-16 Fighting Falcon.
(d) F/A-18 Hornet.
13. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 42?
14. What time did a bus come through the shipyard with a load of black men?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
(d) 7 p.m.
15. How many warheads are missing when Pitt brings up the Vixen 03?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horsepower do the engines of the Iowa have?
2. What color is the parachute on the cylinder containing the Doomsday organism?
3. Who is Dr. Paul Weir?
4. What is the name of Carl Swedborg's fishing trawler?
5. How far can the Iowa lob a salvo of two-thousand pound shells?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)