|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the current President plan to do after he leaves office?
(a) Fly a small jet around the world.
(b) Take a trip to Europe.
(c) Return to his hometown.
(d) Sail a 40 foot ketch to the South Pacific.
2. Who was Felicia's date the last time she and Loren saw each other?
(a) A senator.
(b) Hiram Lusana.
(c) A singer.
(d) A congressman.
3. Where is Dale Jarvis having lunch in Chapter 47?
(a) Fort Meyer.
(b) Fort Monmouth.
(c) Fort Meade.
(d) Fort Dix.
4. How old was Lusana when his father deserted him, his mother, and his siblings?
5. How far can the Iowa lob a salvo of two-thousand pound shells?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
6. How many AAR guerrillas conducted the raid on Tazareen?
7. Who shoots Lusana when he comes to the main deck?
8. What section of the river has a network of shallow sandbars that could grip the Iowa's keel and hold her helpless miles from her goal?
(a) Kettle Bottom Shoals.
(b) Eastern Shoals.
(c) Shipwreck Shoals.
(d) Copper Shoals.
9. How does the superintendent of the Forbes shipyard happen to be driving by the shipyard so late?
(a) He came to pick up blueprints.
(b) He always inspects the yard at that time of the evening.
(c) He came to get some invoices.
(d) He came to pick up some shipping labels.
10. Where is the apartment located that Felicia gives Loren a key to?
(b) Downtown Washington.
(d) Capitol Heights.
11. What type of a vehicle does Mapes drive?
(b) Rolls Royce.
(c) Lincoln Continental.
(d) Mercedes Benz.
12. What river is Fawkes sailing with the Iowa?
13. How many die in Lusana's camp when the South African forces attack?
(a) 1,200 plus 50 buried in the rubble.
(b) 2,310 plus 200 buried in the rubble.
(c) 2,750 plus 300 buried in the rubble.
(d) 4,000 plus 50 buried in the rubble.
14. How long would it take Pitt to transfer the men working on the "Chenago" to Table Lake?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 36 hours.
15. How many South Africans are wounded when South African forces raid Lusana's camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Felicia and Loren see each other last?
2. How long has Sandecker been chief director of the National Underwater and Marine Agency?
3. What time did a bus come through the shipyard with a load of black men?
4. Where did Fawkes sleep the first week he was working on the ship?
5. How many pounds is Sandecker able to jettison out the cargo door of the helicopter?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)