|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Lee take an early discharge from the Navy?
2. What symbol is on the piece of metal that Pitt brings back from the plane wreck?
(b) Chemical weapon.
(c) Laser hazard.
3. What season is it in Chapter 1?
4. What country are Giordino's ancestors from?
5. For which branch of service does Major Vylander work for?
(c) Air Force.
6. On the wreck of the Vixen 03, how many skeletons does Pitt find still strapped in their seats?
7. What color eyes does Pitt have?
8. What weapon does Machita finally decide to use to kill Emma?
(b) Razor blade.
(c) Ice pick.
(d) Small hand gun.
9. What type of tree is a man hiding in while observing the Fawkes farm?
(a) Paperbark thorn.
(b) Sausage tree.
(c) Common star chestnut.
10. How long after the discovery of the Vixen 03, is Steiger summoned to Washington?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
11. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lockheed L-1011 TriStar.
(b) Boeing C-97 Stratocruiser.
(c) Boeing DC-10.
(d) Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
12. How deep is the visibility when Pitt dives down to the Vixen 03?
(a) 11 ft.
(b) 8 ft.
(c) 5 ft.
(d) 14 ft.
13. What month is it in Chapter 11?
14. Where is the Buckley Naval Air Station located?
15. Pitt and the others see an old man fishing when they are searching Table Lake with a camera. How long has the old man fished at Table Lake?
(a) 24 years.
(b) 31 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 18 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of which country is Lusana a citizen?
2. How close was Vylander's plane to the end of the runway when it made it into the air?
3. How many South African defense members have there been in the last seven years?
4. Where is Marcus Somala's base camp?
5. What Colorado district does Loren represent in Congress?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)