|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Loren's eyes?
2. What did Pitt and Loren do on their first date?
(a) Go to a movie.
(b) Ride a hydrofoil racing boat.
(c) Go dirt bike riding.
(d) Go dancing.
3. How many years did Fawkes serve in the Royal Navy?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 25 years.
4. On Vylander's plane, which engine blows a propeller blade?
(a) Number 4.
(b) Number 2.
(c) Number 1.
(d) Number 3.
5. Into what city does Pitt fly to visit Admiral Bass?
6. What year did Lee take an early discharge from the Navy?
7. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
(b) Boeing C-97 Stratocruiser.
(c) Boeing DC-10.
(d) Lockheed L-1011 TriStar.
8. What decade does Pitt think of when he sees the Raferty's cabin?
9. What crime does Daggat say that Lusana was never legally charged with?
(a) A rape.
(b) A murder.
(c) Selling drugs.
(d) Armored-car holdup.
10. How many children does Steiger have?
11. Where is Machita supposed to meet Emma?
(a) Traveling amusement fair.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) A train station.
(d) A restaurant.
12. What speed is Vylander's plane traveling when there is 9,000 feet of runway to travel?
(a) 50 knots.
(b) 80 knots.
(c) 120 knots.
(d) 70 knots.
13. At what altitude did Vylander relinquish control of the plane and go back to the cargo bay?
(a) 15,000 feet.
(b) 19,000 feet.
(c) 17,000 feet.
(d) 16,000 feet.
14. How deep is Table Lake in some spots?
(a) 200 ft.
(b) 250 ft.
(c) 140 ft.
(d) 175 ft.
15. Where is the Buckley Naval Air Station located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of which country is Lusana a citizen?
2. What ship is Pitt trying to raise?
3. When Vylander's plane begins having difficulties, how many degrees are they off the plotted course?
4. What does Pitt have for supper at Anchorage House?
5. What type of fish does Lusana catch in Chapter 24?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)