|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of plane does Giordino fly to Colorado to meet Pitt?
(a) Learjet 40.
(b) Catlin M-200.
(c) Cessna Citation XLS.
(d) Eclipse 400.
2. What time is it estimated that Vylander's plane will arrive at its destination?
(a) 1400 hours.
(b) 1300 hours.
(c) 800 hours.
(d) 900 hours.
3. Where is the Buckley Naval Air Station located?
4. Pitt and the others see an old man fishing when they are searching Table Lake with a camera. How long has the old man fished at Table Lake?
(a) 31 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 24 years.
5. What crime does Daggat say that Lusana was never legally charged with?
(a) Selling drugs.
(b) A murder.
(c) Armored-car holdup.
(d) A rape.
6. When Vylander's plane begins having difficulties, how many degrees are they off the plotted course?
(a) 75 degrees.
(b) 80 degrees.
(c) 95 degrees.
(d) 30 degrees.
7. What color hair does Pitt have?
8. How deep is the visibility when Pitt dives down to the Vixen 03?
(a) 11 ft.
(b) 14 ft.
(c) 8 ft.
(d) 5 ft.
9. How tall is Captain Patrick Fawkes?
(a) 6 ft.
(b) 6 ft. 6.
(c) 6 ft. 2.
(d) 5 ft. 11.
10. How many stainless-steel canisters are in the cargo bay of Vylander's plane?
11. Where is Machita supposed to meet Emma?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A train station.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Traveling amusement fair.
12. How often does Bass have to clear weeds out of the pond?
(a) At least twice a week .
(b) Every other week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
13. At what altitude did Vylander relinquish control of the plane and go back to the cargo bay?
(a) 19,000 feet.
(b) 16,000 feet.
(c) 17,000 feet.
(d) 15,000 feet.
14. Where should Vylander break out of the storm?
(b) Somewhere near the equator.
(d) Somewhere over the Continental Divide.
15. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lockheed L-1011 TriStar.
(b) Boeing C-97 Stratocruiser.
(c) Boeing DC-10.
(d) Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Major Thomas Machita use when he travels to Pretoria in Chapter 22?
2. What symbol is on the piece of metal that Pitt brings back from the plane wreck?
3. Where will Vylander's plane stop for fuel?
4. What ship is Pitt trying to raise?
5. How many boys attack Fawkes on his way to Pembroke?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)