|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pitt's last job for NUMA?
(a) Locating an antique blimp.
(b) Raising the Titanic.
(c) Diving for the Empress of Ireland.
(d) Finding a submarine.
2. On Vylander's plane, which engine blows a propeller blade?
(a) Number 2.
(b) Number 1.
(c) Number 4.
(d) Number 3.
3. What color are Loren's eyes?
4. Where is Machita supposed to meet Emma?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) Traveling amusement fair.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A train station.
5. What does Steiger do while Pitt probes a deep ravine?
(a) Takes a nap.
(d) Pans for gold.
6. What season of the year is it in Chapter 11?
7. What does Abe Steiger weigh?
(a) About 250.
(b) About 220.
(c) Around 180.
(d) Around 200.
8. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Boeing C-97 Stratocruiser.
(b) Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
(c) Boeing DC-10.
(d) Lockheed L-1011 TriStar.
9. What decade does Pitt think of when he sees the Raferty's cabin?
10. How often does Bass have to clear weeds out of the pond?
(a) Every other week.
(b) At least twice a week .
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
11. How many South African defense members have there been in the last seven years?
12. How deep is Table Lake in some spots?
(a) 175 ft.
(b) 250 ft.
(c) 200 ft.
(d) 140 ft.
13. What type of a clock is on the wall of the cabin where Pitt is staying?
(a) Seth Thomas.
14. How many boys attack Fawkes on his way to Pembroke?
15. What did Pitt and Loren do on their first date?
(a) Ride a hydrofoil racing boat.
(b) Go dirt bike riding.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Go dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the runway at Buckley Naval Air Station?
2. What month is it in Chapter 11?
3. What speed is Vylander's plane traveling when there is 9,000 feet of runway to travel?
4. Where is Marcus Somala's base camp?
5. How tall is Captain Patrick Fawkes?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)