|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Machita supposed to meet Emma?
(a) Traveling amusement fair.
(b) A train station.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A fishing boat.
2. How tall is Pitt?
(a) 5 ft. 10.
(b) 6 ft. 1.
(c) 5 ft. 11.
(d) 6 ft. 3.
3. How deep is Table Lake in some spots?
(a) 200 ft.
(b) 140 ft.
(c) 250 ft.
(d) 175 ft.
4. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. At what altitude did Vylander relinquish control of the plane and go back to the cargo bay?
(a) 15,000 feet.
(b) 19,000 feet.
(c) 16,000 feet.
(d) 17,000 feet.
6. What did Pitt and Loren do on their first date?
(a) Go to a movie.
(b) Go dancing.
(c) Go dirt bike riding.
(d) Ride a hydrofoil racing boat.
7. Where is Fawkes' home country?
8. What speed is Vylander's plane traveling when there is 9,000 feet of runway to travel?
(a) 70 knots.
(b) 50 knots.
(c) 80 knots.
(d) 120 knots.
9. Where is the hotel where Fawkes is to go until De Vaal can get Operation Wild Rose moving?
(a) 20 miles from town.
(b) 10 miles from town.
(c) 5 miles from town.
(d) 15 miles from town.
10. How much does Fawkes weigh?
(a) Around 300 pounds.
(b) Over 280 pounds.
(c) About 245 pounds.
(d) About 260 pounds.
11. How much does the cargo weigh on Vylander's plane?
(a) 35,000 pounds.
(b) 70,000 pounds.
(c) 48,000 pounds.
(d) 57,000 pounds.
12. How old was Steiger when Vixen 03 crashed?
13. How close was Vylander's plane to the end of the runway when it made it into the air?
(a) 25 yards.
(b) 50 yards.
(c) 75 yards.
(d) 100 yards.
14. According to the report Steiger brings, what route was the Vixen 03 following?
(a) California to Hawaii.
(b) Alaska to Hawaii.
(c) New York to the Bahamas.
(d) Colorado to California.
15. What color eyes does Pitt have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disguise does one of Emma's accomplices wear when Machita meets him in Chapter 27?
2. How many days has it been since Somala led his men from their base camp to Natal?
3. What does Steiger do while Pitt probes a deep ravine?
4. How much of a leeway does Admiral Bass tell Vylander he will have when the plane takes off?
5. Where is Steiger scheduled to speak soon?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)