|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many South African defense members have there been in the last seven years?
2. How much does Fawkes weigh?
(a) About 245 pounds.
(b) Around 300 pounds.
(c) About 260 pounds.
(d) Over 280 pounds.
3. How many workers are housed in a compound on the Fawkes farm?
(a) Nearly 60.
(b) Nearly 50.
(c) Around 40.
(d) Almost 75.
4. Pitt and the others see an old man fishing when they are searching Table Lake with a camera. How long has the old man fished at Table Lake?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 24 years.
(c) 31 years.
(d) 22 years.
5. What type of flowers edge the closely cropped lawn at the Fawkes house?
(d) Barberton Daisies.
6. What crime does Daggat say that Lusana was never legally charged with?
(a) Selling drugs.
(b) A murder.
(c) Armored-car holdup.
(d) A rape.
7. How deep is Table Lake in some spots?
(a) 175 ft.
(b) 200 ft.
(c) 250 ft.
(d) 140 ft.
8. How many days do Loren and Pitt have to spend together?
9. What weapon does Machita finally decide to use to kill Emma?
(a) Razor blade.
(b) Small hand gun.
(c) Ice pick.
10. Where is Machita supposed to meet Emma?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Traveling amusement fair.
(c) A train station.
(d) A fishing boat.
11. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
(b) Boeing C-97 Stratocruiser.
(c) Lockheed L-1011 TriStar.
(d) Boeing DC-10.
12. Of which country is Lusana a citizen?
(a) South Africa.
13. On Vylander's plane, which engine blows a propeller blade?
(a) Number 4.
(b) Number 1.
(c) Number 3.
(d) Number 2.
14. What did Pitt and Loren do on their first date?
(a) Go dirt bike riding.
(b) Go dancing.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Ride a hydrofoil racing boat.
15. When Vylander's plane begins having difficulties, how many degrees are they off the plotted course?
(a) 95 degrees.
(b) 80 degrees.
(c) 30 degrees.
(d) 75 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of a leeway does Admiral Bass tell Vylander he will have when the plane takes off?
2. What does Steiger do while Pitt probes a deep ravine?
3. In Chapter 6, how many hours before Loren has to leave Colorado?
4. At what altitude did Vylander relinquish control of the plane and go back to the cargo bay?
5. What did Maxine make for dessert?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)