|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the runway at Buckley Naval Air Station?
(a) 11,000 feet.
(b) 19,000 feet.
(c) 16,000 feet.
(d) 9,000 feet.
2. According to the report Steiger brings, what route was the Vixen 03 following?
(a) Colorado to California.
(b) New York to the Bahamas.
(c) Alaska to Hawaii.
(d) California to Hawaii.
3. What type of tree is a man hiding in while observing the Fawkes farm?
(a) Common star chestnut.
(b) Paperbark thorn.
(d) Sausage tree.
4. How long does Pitt say that a man diving in Table Lake could withstand the cold?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. Where does Steiger meet Pitt in Chapter 26?
(a) Baker Motel.
(b) Andrews Inn.
(c) Cottonwood Inn.
(d) American Motel.
6. What country are Giordino's ancestors from?
7. What time is it estimated that Vylander's plane will arrive at its destination?
(a) 1400 hours.
(b) 1300 hours.
(c) 800 hours.
(d) 900 hours.
8. What month is it in Chapter 11?
9. Pitt and the others see an old man fishing when they are searching Table Lake with a camera. How long has the old man fished at Table Lake?
(a) 31 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 24 years.
10. What is the destination of Vylander's plane?
(b) Island near Alaska.
(c) Island in the Pacific Ocean.
11. What type of a clock is on the wall of the cabin where Pitt is staying?
(c) Seth Thomas.
12. What was Pitt's last job for NUMA?
(a) Raising the Titanic.
(b) Locating an antique blimp.
(c) Finding a submarine.
(d) Diving for the Empress of Ireland.
13. When did Pitt and Giordino meet?
(a) 1st grade.
(b) High school.
(d) 5th grade.
14. What does Steiger do while Pitt probes a deep ravine?
(b) Pans for gold.
(c) Takes a nap.
15. What type of an animal head is hung on the wall of the cabin where Pitt is staying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abe Steiger weigh?
2. What season of the year is it in Chapter 11?
3. When Vylander's plane begins having difficulties, how many degrees are they off the plotted course?
4. How much of a leeway does Admiral Bass tell Vylander he will have when the plane takes off?
5. What disguise does one of Emma's accomplices wear when Machita meets him in Chapter 27?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)