|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Somala see creeping to attack the Fawkes' farm?
(a) At least 45.
(b) At least 50.
(c) At least 35.
(d) At least 30.
2. How often does Bass have to clear weeds out of the pond?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) At least twice a week .
(d) Once a week.
3. What year did Lee take an early discharge from the Navy?
4. Where is Machita supposed to meet Emma?
(a) A train station.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) Traveling amusement fair.
(d) A restaurant.
5. On Vylander's plane, how many blades are on each propeller?
6. What does Pitt have for supper at Anchorage House?
(a) Veal cutlets.
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Roast beef.
7. Where should Vylander break out of the storm?
(b) Somewhere near the equator.
(d) Somewhere over the Continental Divide.
8. How deep is the visibility when Pitt dives down to the Vixen 03?
(a) 14 ft.
(b) 8 ft.
(c) 11 ft.
(d) 5 ft.
9. Where is Marcus Somala's base camp?
10. What color eyes does Pitt have?
11. What crime does Daggat say that Lusana was never legally charged with?
(a) Armored-car holdup.
(b) A rape.
(c) Selling drugs.
(d) A murder.
12. Of which country is Lusana a citizen?
(c) South Africa.
13. On the wreck of the Vixen 03, how many skeletons does Pitt find still strapped in their seats?
14. How many children does Steiger have?
15. How many years did Fawkes serve in the Royal Navy?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 40 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pitt say that a man diving in Table Lake could withstand the cold?
2. What does Steiger do while Pitt probes a deep ravine?
3. What time is it estimated that Vylander's plane will arrive at its destination?
4. What season is it in Chapter 1?
5. How many days has it been since Somala led his men from their base camp to Natal?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)