1. What is the date at the beginning of the novel?
2. What type of a plane is being prepared to fly at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Boeing C-97 Stratocruiser.
(b) Boeing DC-10.
(c) Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
(d) Lockheed L-1011 TriStar.
3. For which branch of service does Major Vylander work for?
(b) Air Force.
4. How long is the runway at Buckley Naval Air Station?
(a) 9,000 feet.
(b) 11,000 feet.
(c) 19,000 feet.
(d) 16,000 feet.
5. Where is the Buckley Naval Air Station located?
6. Where should Vylander break out of the storm?
(c) Somewhere over the Continental Divide.
(d) Somewhere near the equator.
7. How much does the cargo weigh on Vylander's plane?
(a) 35,000 pounds.
(b) 48,000 pounds.
(c) 57,000 pounds.
(d) 70,000 pounds.
8. How much of a leeway does Admiral Bass tell Vylander he will have when the plane takes off?
(a) 2,000 feet.
(b) 4,000 feet.
(c) 3,000 feet.
(d) 5,000 feet.
9. What is the destination of Vylander's plane?
(b) Island near Alaska.
(d) Island in the Pacific Ocean.
This section contains 3,175 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)