|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of his brain does Kreton claim to use?
2. What does Kreton suggest second to begin his plan to take over the world?
3. What will Kreton's force field put out of business?
4. What has Kreton's race given up, along with the appendix?
5. What does Powers tell Kreton to do about taking over the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the play, Conrad plays the role of a pacifist throughout most of the scenes. However, when faced with a man having sexual thoughts about his girlfriend, he becomes violent. What does this say about Conrad's character? About pacifism? Is he truly a pacifist? His reasoning is that everyone, at some point, loses control, but that this doesn't make them naturally violent. Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the book, there are several references made to time travel, and the effects of such an event. Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. If Kreton's war had taken place, would history have changed? Why? What was Kreton's intended result? Would that have affected the future of the planet? Why or why not?
2. Kreton notes that history books would have to be altered. In real life, are history books ever changed? Why or why not? What does this say about time? What does this say about our perception of time? Was Kreton right, therefore, when he said time was relative? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the play, Kreton admits his race no longer has sex as a result of the immortal status. What does this mean for his race, in terms of personal relationships? Do you think relationships would be as rewarding without sex or passion? Why? Could this explain Kreton's lack of moral behaviors? Why or why not? What would a lack of personal relationships do, psychologically, to an individual? Why?
This section contains 2,245 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)