|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in the living room at the opening of the play?
(a) Ellen and Roger.
(b) Roger and Tom.
(c) Tom and Reba.
(d) Reba and Roger.
2. What does Ellen notice Roger has in the television appearance?
(a) A new hair piece.
(b) A new tie,
(c) New shoes.
(d) A new suit.
3. Why is Conrad forced to spend the night?
(a) Conrad wants to visit with the alien.
(b) The family is under house arrest.
(c) Conrad is marrying Ellen.
(d) The family cannot exit because of the spaceship.
4. What does Kreton state his species doesn't do that humans do that he gives as a reason for not being able to explain his origins?
(a) Humans eat.
(b) Humans sleep.
(c) Humans talk.
(d) Humans die.
5. What does Roger claim is the cause of people seeing a spacecraft?
(c) An optical illusion.
(d) Mass hysteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event did Kreton want to see?
2. What power does Kreton have?
3. What nickname does the aide think of when he thinks of Powers?
4. What does Kreton admit he can do with time?
5. What does Ellen tell the family she and Conrad are doing in Richmond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kreton do at the end of the Act that show his intentions?
2. What does Powers tell Roger about the reality of the UFO, and why does he threaten to indict Roger under the Revised Espionage Act?
3. Why is Ellen unable to lift the case with her mind the first time she tries?
4. Why is Ellen upset with Conrad about a goat?
5. Why is Reba concerned about the marriage of Ellen and Conrad.
6. How does raising the rifles in the world help to start a war?
7. What plans do Ellen and Conrad have, and what are they planning to tell the others at dinner?
8. Delton 4 promises to turn time backward, so that none of the events in the play occurred. What good things will thus be erased, as well?
9. What is Roger afraid Kreton truly represents? What is Kreton's reply to this?
10. Kreton states he envies humans for being imperfect. Why do you think he says that?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)