|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kreton admit he can do with time?
(a) Make it go backward.
(b) Alter it.
(c) Live in it.
(d) Travel through it.
2. What does Roger report he needs to leave the house?
(a) A sledgehammer.
(b) A key.
(c) Permission from Powers.
(d) Permission from his wife.
3. Why is Conrad forced to spend the night?
(a) The family is under house arrest.
(b) Conrad wants to visit with the alien.
(c) Conrad is marrying Ellen.
(d) The family cannot exit because of the spaceship.
4. What does Roger say is the only organism on Mars?
5. What does Powers explain UFO stands for?
(a) Uniform Flying Object.
(b) Unidentified Flying Object.
(c) Unidentified Foreign Object.
(d) Unified Foreign Offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrad note Ellen can do at the same time as making love?
2. Of what type of metal is Kreton's ship made?
3. Who is in the living room at the opening of the play?
4. How does Kreton explain that he lives both on another planet and not on another planet?
5. Which uniform does Kreton say he prefers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Roger annoyed with Conrad and Ellen?
2. What does Kreton do to try and entice Conrad to join the fight?
3. What happened when Conrad and Ellen tried to check into a hotel?
4. Kreton tells Conrad that humans are "blood thirsty savages." Do you believe this is true?
5. Describe Kreton's appearance.
6. Why is Ellen unable to lift the case with her mind the first time she tries?
7. What reasons does Kreton give for not explaining where his planet is, and what does he admit his species does not do, as part of the conversation?
8. What reasons does Kreton give for coming to Earth?
9. Powers has an infatuation with laundry. Describe his conversation with Kreton about the topic.
10. Kreton states he envies humans for being imperfect. Why do you think he says that?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)