|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Conrad forced to spend the night?
(a) Conrad is marrying Ellen.
(b) Conrad wants to visit with the alien.
(c) The family cannot exit because of the spaceship.
(d) The family is under house arrest.
2. Where does the spaceship land?
(a) The beach.
(b) The driveway.
(c) The yard.
(d) The rose garden.
3. What power does Kreton have?
(a) He can read minds.
(b) He can be invisible.
(c) He can fly.
(d) He is very strong.
4. What is Ellen majoring in?
(b) Art appreciation.
(c) Actuarial sciences.
(d) Women's literature.
5. What does Kreton seem to affectionately call the people in the house?
(a) Wicked children.
(b) Annoying children.
(c) Nasty children.
(d) Old children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen say she would like to do that is important?
2. What does Powers send his Captain to go do before he speaks to Kreton?
3. What does Conrad use as a name for hotel reservations at the Jefferson Davis?
4. How do Tom Powers and Roger know one another?
5. Where does Conrad claim he needs to go as he and Ellen sit on the terrace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Roger is upset about Powers' revelations on the UFO, and what he tries to do about it.
2. Kreton notes the best scientific discoveries, including the atom bomb, radar, and lunch meat, were all discovered during war. Is this true?
3. Explain where Kreton lives.
4. Based on Kreton's comments to Powers about the impending war, does Kreton really plan to win for the United States quickly?
5. Why does Ellen claim in Act II she cannot marry Roger?
6. How does raising the rifles in the world help to start a war?
7. What does Powers see as the biggest problem in war?
8. What happened when Conrad and Ellen tried to check into a hotel?
9. Why does Kreton view his race as superior?
10. What are the limitations placed on the Speldings as a result of Kreton's presence?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)