|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Reba want to be as a youth?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A dietitian.
(c) A vet.
(d) A dentist.
2. What does Kreton seem to affectionately call the people in the house?
(a) Nasty children.
(b) Wicked children.
(c) Old children.
(d) Annoying children.
3. How is Kreton dressed?
(a) In modern fashion.
(b) In fashion of 1860.
(c) In fashion of 1900.
(d) He is not dressed.
4. What piece of equipment does Powers ask about in terms of the ship?
(a) The instrument panel.
(b) The wings.
(c) The lights.
(d) The doors.
5. What does Powers fear would be the result of leaked information about the alien?
(a) A mass illusion.
(b) An international pastime.
(c) A parade.
(d) An international panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Powers send his Captain to go do before he speaks to Kreton?
2. What does Powers complain was dropped into his lap?
3. Why is Roger worried about the evening's broadcast?
4. What does Kreton admit he can do with time?
5. Which uniform does Kreton say he prefers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kreton tells Conrad that humans are "blood thirsty savages." Do you believe this is true?
2. What does Kreton's statement about the food Ellen brings indicate about his position on eating meat?
3. What does Powers tell Roger about the reality of the UFO, and why does he threaten to indict Roger under the Revised Espionage Act?
4. Why does Kreton have a difficult time explaining how long it took him to reach Earth?
5. Describe the spaceship, as it is explained by the aide.
6. Is Kreton well-organized? Why?
7. Why does the fight excite Kreton?
8. What reasons does Kreton give for coming to Earth?
9. What is Kreton's response to the question of whether his people are there to establish trade? Communications?
10. Kreton makes a comment about why humans are odd when it comes to sex being taboo. Explain his opinion.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)