|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the spaceship land?
(a) The yard.
(b) The driveway.
(c) The rose garden.
(d) The beach.
2. What does Roger claim is the cause of people seeing a spacecraft?
(b) Mass hysteria.
(c) An optical illusion.
3. What does Roger report he needs to leave the house?
(a) A key.
(b) A sledgehammer.
(c) Permission from Powers.
(d) Permission from his wife.
4. To what does Kreton compare his head vibrations?
(a) A guitar.
(b) An ocean.
(c) A car.
(d) A drum.
5. Why is Roger worried about the evening's broadcast?
(a) He is afraid he will stutter.
(b) He is wrongfully telling people aliens do not exist.
(c) He is afraid his hair is imperfect.
(d) He is warning America of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Kreton dressed?
2. What type of trip does Kreton say the trip to Earth was?
3. What does Roger tell Ellen to marry for?
4. What does Powers admit he thinks Kreton is?
5. What is Ellen majoring in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reasons Ellen claims she cannot marry Conrad?
2. Why is Roger annoyed with Conrad and Ellen?
3. Explain why Roger is upset about Powers' revelations on the UFO, and what he tries to do about it.
4. Kreton tells Conrad that humans are "blood thirsty savages." Do you believe this is true?
5. Describe the interview with Powers by Roger.
6. What does Powers tell Roger about the reality of the UFO, and why does he threaten to indict Roger under the Revised Espionage Act?
7. The book makes reference to Ellen as playing Joan of Arc. What is meant by this?
8. What are the limitations placed on the Speldings as a result of Kreton's presence?
9. What happened when Conrad and Ellen tried to check into a hotel?
10. Describe the scene when Kreton reveals his power. What can he do? How does he prove it?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)