Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Reba to be suspicious of Ellen and Conrad's activities?
(a) Conrad's shirt is off.
(b) The two are sweating.
(c) Ellen is undressed.
(d) Ellen's skirt isn't straight.
2. Why does Kreton claim he needs to lay down?
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He is perplexed.
(c) He is annoyed.
(d) He is tired.
3. What does Ellen say she would like to do that is important?
(a) Save the world.
(b) Raise animals.
(c) Become a nurse.
(d) Become a dentist.
4. What does Kreton note he has decided he will do to the world?
(a) Love it.
(b) Take charge of it.
(c) Erase it.
(d) Blow it up.
5. Which uniform does Kreton say he prefers?
(a) The pink ones.
(b) The ones with feathers.
(c) The blue ones.
(d) The ones with buttons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kreton put around the ship?
2. What does Powers complain was dropped into his lap?
3. Why is Roger worried about the evening's broadcast?
4. What problem do Reba and Roger have with watching Roger's television appearance?
5. What does Roger report General Powers advises the family do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Kreton knows being found by Delton 4 would be difficult.
2. Explain Powers' complaint at the beginning of the play in terms of what he has been given as responsibility, and who he blames for the change.
3. Delton 4 promises to turn time backward, so that none of the events in the play occurred. What good things will thus be erased, as well?
4. Was Kreton an evil character? Why or why not?
5. Do you think Powers should be directing any military action, knowing he has never been in battle? Why or why not?
6. Why does the fight excite Kreton?
7. What does Kreton's statement about the food Ellen brings indicate about his position on eating meat?
8. What is Kreton's response to the question of whether his people are there to establish trade? Communications?
9. Why is Ellen unable to lift the case with her mind the first time she tries?
10. What does Kreton do at the end of the Act that show his intentions?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)