|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Powers explain UFO stands for?
(a) Unidentified Flying Object.
(b) Unified Foreign Offensive.
(c) Unidentified Foreign Object.
(d) Uniform Flying Object.
2. What does Ellen tell Conrad to leave in the car when he arrives for dinner?
(a) The overnight bag.
(b) The goat.
(c) His wallet.
(d) The cat.
3. What causes Reba to be suspicious of Ellen and Conrad's activities?
(a) Ellen's skirt isn't straight.
(b) Ellen is undressed.
(c) Conrad's shirt is off.
(d) The two are sweating.
4. What does Kreton admit he can do with time?
(a) Live in it.
(b) Make it go backward.
(c) Alter it.
(d) Travel through it.
5. What does Conrad claim to be in addition to a farmer?
(a) A simpleton.
(b) A maniac.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A pacifist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ellen majoring in?
2. What adjective does Kreton use to describe hydrogen?
3. What does Reba note to Tom that has changed in her appearance?
4. What three rooms make up the stage at the beginning of Act 1?
5. According to Kreton, how many continents are on Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kreton's response to the question of whether his people are there to establish trade? Communications?
2. Explain which powers the military plans to use, and why?
3. What plans do Ellen and Conrad have, and what are they planning to tell the others at dinner?
4. Does Kreton seem to understand the intricate details of human relationships?
5. What reasons does Kreton give for coming to Earth?
6. What is Roger afraid Kreton truly represents? What is Kreton's reply to this?
7. Why does the aide think of when his thoughts are broadcast? What is the result?
8. In the end of the play, who is (are) the only character(s) who end(s) up being selfless?
9. Why does Ellen claim in Act II she cannot marry Roger?
10. The book makes reference to Ellen as playing Joan of Arc. What is meant by this?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)