|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad use as a name for hotel reservations at the Jefferson Davis?
(a) Claude Ollinger.
(b) Tom Powers.
(c) Tim Ollinger.
(d) Roger Conrad.
2. What causes Reba to be suspicious of Ellen and Conrad's activities?
(a) Ellen is undressed.
(b) Ellen's skirt isn't straight.
(c) Conrad's shirt is off.
(d) The two are sweating.
3. What problem do Reba and Roger have with watching Roger's television appearance?
(a) The television has no sound.
(b) The television is in another room.
(c) The television picture is fuzzy.
(d) The television has no picture.
4. What does Roger believe Kreton belongs to?
(a) A group of terrorists.
(b) A race of thieves.
(c) A hostile race.
(d) A race of pigs.
5. How do Tom Powers and Roger know one another?
(a) They went to high school together.
(b) They went to grade school together.
(c) They went to Bryn together.
(d) They went to Harvard Business School together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrad ask Ellen to do after discussing his dreams about them on a farm?
2. Of what type of metal is Kreton's ship made?
3. To where does Tom lead Reba and Roger to show them the spacecraft?
4. Where does Conrad sign his name as Ulysses Grant?
5. What does Ellen tell the family she and Conrad are doing in Richmond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the use of Kreton as a governmental weapon right?
2. The book makes reference to Ellen as playing Joan of Arc. What is meant by this?
3. What does Kreton do to try and entice Conrad to join the fight?
4. Aside from the politics of war, what does Powers complain will suffer as a result of this war?
5. What happens when Powers threatens to take Kreton's ship apart?
6. What plans do Ellen and Conrad have, and what are they planning to tell the others at dinner?
7. Do you think Powers should be directing any military action, knowing he has never been in battle? Why or why not?
8. Why is Ellen unable to lift the case with her mind the first time she tries?
9. Delton 4 says Kreton sees the world as his plaything. Do you think this is accurate?
10. What is Roger afraid Kreton truly represents? What is Kreton's reply to this?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)