|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which uniform does Kreton say he prefers?
(a) The blue ones.
(b) The ones with buttons.
(c) The pink ones.
(d) The ones with feathers.
2. What does Powers fear would be the result of leaked information about the alien?
(a) A mass illusion.
(b) An international panic.
(c) An international pastime.
(d) A parade.
3. In what year was Kreton expecting to land?
4. Of what type of metal is Kreton's ship made?
(d) An unknown metal.
5. What does Kreton put around the ship?
(a) A ring of fire.
(b) An invisible wall.
(c) A moat.
(d) An electric fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger report General Powers advises the family do?
2. What nickname does the aide think of when he thinks of Powers?
3. What event did Kreton want to see?
4. What adjective does Kreton use to describe hydrogen?
5. What does Ellen tell the family she and Conrad are doing in Richmond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is each character thinking at the end of Act I?
2. What is Roger afraid Kreton truly represents? What is Kreton's reply to this?
3. Why does Kreton have a difficult time explaining how long it took him to reach Earth?
4. Summarize the argument of Roger against the existence of UFOs.
5. What does Kreton's statement about the food Ellen brings indicate about his position on eating meat?
6. What happens when Powers threatens to take Kreton's ship apart?
7. Is Powers' treatment of the aide justified? Why or why not?
8. How does raising the rifles in the world help to start a war?
9. What is Kreton's response to the question of whether his people are there to establish trade? Communications?
10. Kreton notes the best scientific discoveries, including the atom bomb, radar, and lunch meat, were all discovered during war. Is this true?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)