|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of equipment does Powers ask about in terms of the ship?
(a) The instrument panel.
(b) The wings.
(c) The doors.
(d) The lights.
2. How do Tom Powers and Roger know one another?
(a) They went to grade school together.
(b) They went to Harvard Business School together.
(c) They went to high school together.
(d) They went to Bryn together.
3. What does Ellen notice Roger has in the television appearance?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A new hair piece.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A new tie,
4. What does Ellen tell the family she and Conrad are doing in Richmond?
(a) Going out to eat.
(b) Going to a hotel.
(c) Going to the movies.
(d) Going swimming.
5. What is on Reba's mind at the end of Act 1?
(a) Her daughter's health.
(b) Her husband's hair piece.
(c) Whether there will be enough chicken.
(d) How handsome Kreton is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Act will Roger be indicted under if he leaks the story of aliens to America?
2. What does Roger tell Ellen to marry for?
3. What three rooms make up the stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. What nickname does the aide think of when he thinks of Powers?
5. What does Reba note Ellen must do before marrying Conrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kreton have a difficult time explaining how long it took him to reach Earth?
2. Kreton notes that war is the specialty of humans. Is this true?
3. Why is Ellen unable to lift the case with her mind the first time she tries?
4. Is Powers' treatment of the aide justified? Why or why not?
5. Delton 4 promises to turn time backward, so that none of the events in the play occurred. What good things will thus be erased, as well?
6. Explain Powers' complaint at the beginning of the play in terms of what he has been given as responsibility, and who he blames for the change.
7. What plans do Ellen and Conrad have, and what are they planning to tell the others at dinner?
8. What does Kreton's statement about the food Ellen brings indicate about his position on eating meat?
9. Does Kreton seem to understand the intricate details of human relationships?
10. Throughout the novel, Reba has been concerned about things other than an alien presence. What issues have been of concern for her?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)