|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kreton admit he can do with time?
(a) Make it go backward.
(b) Travel through it.
(c) Alter it.
(d) Live in it.
2. What does Powers admit he thinks Kreton is?
(a) An alien spy.
(b) A fake.
(c) A Russian.
(d) A mole.
3. What piece of equipment does Powers ask about in terms of the ship?
(a) The instrument panel.
(b) The lights.
(c) The wings.
(d) The doors.
4. What adjective does Kreton use to describe hydrogen?
5. What does Roger report General Powers advises the family do?
(a) Ignore the alien.
(b) Introduce themselves.
(c) Go to the cellar.
(d) Leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roger worried about the evening's broadcast?
2. What does Roger believe Kreton belongs to?
3. What power does Kreton have?
4. What nickname does the aide think of when he thinks of Powers?
5. To what does Kreton compare his head vibrations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the spaceship, as it is explained by the aide.
2. The book makes reference to Ellen as playing Joan of Arc. What is meant by this?
3. Based on Kreton's comments to Powers about the impending war, does Kreton really plan to win for the United States quickly?
4. What reasons does Kreton give for not explaining where his planet is, and what does he admit his species does not do, as part of the conversation?
5. In the end of the play, who is (are) the only character(s) who end(s) up being selfless?
6. Kreton notes that war is the specialty of humans. Is this true?
7. What does Kreton's statement about the food Ellen brings indicate about his position on eating meat?
8. Why does the fight excite Kreton?
9. What are the reasons Ellen claims she cannot marry Conrad?
10. Was Kreton an evil character? Why or why not?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)