|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Powers send his Captain to go do before he speaks to Kreton?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Dissect the alien.
(c) Examine the ship.
(d) Go for pizza.
2. What adjective does Kreton use to describe hydrogen?
3. What does Powers admit he thinks Kreton is?
(a) A mole.
(b) An alien spy.
(c) A Russian.
(d) A fake.
4. What does Kreton admit he can do with time?
(a) Travel through it.
(b) Live in it.
(c) Alter it.
(d) Make it go backward.
5. Where does Conrad claim he needs to go as he and Ellen sit on the terrace?
(a) To work.
(b) To school.
(c) Home to his mother.
(d) Home to feed his goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Conrad sign his name as Ulysses Grant?
2. How is Kreton dressed?
3. What does Conrad ask Ellen to do after discussing his dreams about them on a farm?
4. How do Tom Powers and Roger know one another?
5. Where does the spaceship land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ellen unable to lift the case with her mind the first time she tries?
2. What does Kreton's statement about the food Ellen brings indicate about his position on eating meat?
3. Describe Kreton's appearance.
4. In the end of the play, who is (are) the only character(s) who end(s) up being selfless?
5. Kreton states he envies humans for being imperfect. Why do you think he says that?
6. Explain Powers' complaint at the beginning of the play in terms of what he has been given as responsibility, and who he blames for the change.
7. What are the limitations placed on the Speldings as a result of Kreton's presence?
8. Describe the machine Powers invented for laundry.
9. What is Kreton's response to the question of whether his people are there to establish trade? Communications?
10. Does Kreton seem to understand the intricate details of human relationships?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)