|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of equipment does Powers ask about in terms of the ship?
(a) The lights.
(b) The wings.
(c) The instrument panel.
(d) The doors.
2. How does Kreton explain that he lives both on another planet and not on another planet?
(a) He lives on Mars.
(b) He lives in another dimension.
(c) He lives in the ocean.
(d) He lives on the moon.
3. What is above the television in the study?
(a) A spaceship.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A globe.
(d) A plant.
4. Of what type of metal is Kreton's ship made?
(a) An unknown metal.
5. Who is in the living room at the opening of the play?
(a) Tom and Reba.
(b) Reba and Roger.
(c) Roger and Tom.
(d) Ellen and Roger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Kreton to reach Earth?
2. What three rooms make up the stage at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What does Roger say is the only organism on Mars?
4. What problem do Reba and Roger have with watching Roger's television appearance?
5. What does Conrad ask Ellen to do after discussing his dreams about them on a farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kreton view his race as superior?
2. What does Kreton do at the end of the Act that show his intentions?
3. What does Powers see as the biggest problem in war?
4. What is Kreton's response to the question of whether his people are there to establish trade? Communications?
5. Why does the aide think of when his thoughts are broadcast? What is the result?
6. Summarize the argument of Roger against the existence of UFOs.
7. Explain which powers the military plans to use, and why?
8. What reasons does Kreton give for not explaining where his planet is, and what does he admit his species does not do, as part of the conversation?
9. Why is Ellen unable to lift the case with her mind the first time she tries?
10. Throughout the novel, Reba has been concerned about things other than an alien presence. What issues have been of concern for her?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)