|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which uniform does Kreton say he prefers?
(a) The ones with feathers.
(b) The pink ones.
(c) The ones with buttons.
(d) The blue ones.
2. What does Roger claim is the cause of people seeing a spacecraft?
(c) An optical illusion.
(d) Mass hysteria.
3. What does Powers explain UFO stands for?
(a) Unidentified Foreign Object.
(b) Uniform Flying Object.
(c) Unified Foreign Offensive.
(d) Unidentified Flying Object.
4. What does Roger say is the only organism on Mars?
5. What does Kreton admit he can do with time?
(a) Live in it.
(b) Alter it.
(c) Make it go backward.
(d) Travel through it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen notice Roger has in the television appearance?
2. How long did it take for Kreton to reach Earth?
3. What trait does Kreton say is endearing in Earthlings?
4. What does Kreton note he has decided he will do to the world?
5. What does Roger tell Ellen to marry for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kreton tells Conrad that humans are "blood thirsty savages." Do you believe this is true?
2. Describe Kreton's appearance.
3. Explain why Kreton's race no longer multiplies.
4. What plans do Ellen and Conrad have, and what are they planning to tell the others at dinner?
5. Why does the aide think of when his thoughts are broadcast? What is the result?
6. In the end of the play, who is (are) the only character(s) who end(s) up being selfless?
7. Describe the interview with Powers by Roger.
8. Explain which powers the military plans to use, and why?
9. What are the limitations placed on the Speldings as a result of Kreton's presence?
10. What is each character thinking at the end of Act I?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)