|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins in with Kreton as he sings at the end of Act II?
2. Who is on Roger's evening broadcast?
3. What does Ellen do in response?
(a) Lifts the vase with her mind.
(b) Lifts the cat with her mind.
(c) Lifts the television with her mind.
(d) Lifts a mouse with her mind.
4. Who does Kreton trust with his secret of taking over the world?
(a) Ellen and Roger.
(b) Ellen and Conrad.
(c) Ellen and Powers.
(d) Ellen and Reba.
5. Why does the aide think Powers hates him?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is popular.
(c) He went to West Point.
(d) He is paid well.
6. What does Kreton claim are Rosemary's feelings toward her family?
(a) She loves them.
(b) She doesn't like them.
(c) She pities them.
(d) She is indifferent to them.
7. What does Ellen do with the book in Act II?
(a) She draws in it.
(b) She throws it away.
(c) She memorizes the first page.
(d) She tears it in half.
8. What does Powers tell Kreton he is to the military?
(a) A vessel.
(b) A new weapon.
(c) A civilian.
(d) A threat.
9. What topic do Kreton and the cat discuss at the beginning of Act II?
(d) Cat naps.
10. What is Rosemary?
(a) A dog.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A child.
11. How much time passes between acts?
(b) Five years.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
12. What does Kreton announce he has done at the end of Act II?
(a) Destroyed the moon.
(b) Destroyed Washington.
(c) Planned a sneak attack.
(d) Married Conrad and Ellen.
13. Why has Reba had a bad morning?
(a) She was escorted by army officers.
(b) She had a flat tire.
(c) She has been locked inside the house.
(d) She has had little sleep.
14. What does Roger claim the Russians are responsible for?
(a) The movement of the moon.
(b) The drying of an ocean.
(c) The bombing of Washington.
(d) The raising of all America's rifles.
15. What does Kreton say space is like?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kreton show his mental powers to Ellen?
2. How much of his brain does Kreton claim to use?
3. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
4. What is Kreton doing for the first time following Roger's broadcast?
5. What was Central Intelligence "tickled pink" about?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)