|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen want Kreton to teach her after the first mind trick?
(a) How to fly.
(b) How to teleport.
(c) How to see through walls.
(d) How to read minds.
2. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
(a) He wants Powers' office.
(b) He wants Powers to resign.
(c) He wants Powers to move up.
(d) He wants Powers to move away.
3. Why is Powers angry at the Pentagon?
(a) They released Kreton.
(b) They have fired him.
(c) They have left him in charge of Kreton.
(d) They have given the aide a raise.
4. Why does Ellen claim she can't marry Conrad?
(a) He's not handsome.
(b) He's not famous.
(c) He's not rich.
(d) He's not sexy.
5. Whose pet does Ellen say the cat is?
6. What is Kreton doing for the first time following Roger's broadcast?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Driving a car.
(d) Watching television.
7. What does Kreton tell Ellen his race does not do?
(d) Get angry.
8. What does Kreton claim are Rosemary's feelings toward her family?
(a) She pities them.
(b) She doesn't like them.
(c) She is indifferent to them.
(d) She loves them.
9. What does Conrad suggest to take over the world?
(a) Reading the minds of military.
(b) Tricks like lifting a vase.
(c) Removing all hairpieces.
(d) Destruction of the world.
10. Who is the aide thinking about when Kreton broadcasts his thoughts?
11. Why has Reba had a bad morning?
(a) She was escorted by army officers.
(b) She has had little sleep.
(c) She has been locked inside the house.
(d) She had a flat tire.
12. What did Kreton expect everyone to talk about?
(a) Battles, poets, and other events.
(b) Peace and harmony.
(c) Poverty and cruelty.
(d) War, love, and wealth.
13. What does Powers claim he needs sixteen copies of from Kreton?
(a) A list of his powers.
(b) His birth certificate.
(c) His driver's license.
(d) His insurance information.
14. What finally causes Conrad to fight?
(a) The aide thinking of sex with Powers.
(b) The aide thinking of sex with Reba.
(c) The aide thinking of sex with Conrad.
(d) The aide thinking of sex with Ellen.
15. How much time passes between acts?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Powers note would not sit still for Kreton's overthrow of the world?
2. Who is the author of the book Conrad chooses for Ellen?
3. What does Kreton suggest first to begin his plan to take over the world?
4. What does Kreton finally do to begin his plan to take over the world?
5. What will Kreton's force field put out of business?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)