|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kreton suggest second to begin his plan to take over the world?
(a) Flying over the white house.
(b) Doing something to the moon.
(c) Drying up small oceans.
(d) Tricks like lifting a vase.
2. Who does Powers note would not sit still for Kreton's overthrow of the world?
(a) The Pentagon.
(c) The President.
(d) The Russians.
3. Why is Kreton surprised sex is such a taboo topic?
(a) People revel in public executions.
(b) It is a fun activity.
(c) It is frightening to watch.
(d) It isn't taboo on his planet.
4. How much of his brain does Kreton claim to use?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 100 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
5. What finally causes Conrad to fight?
(a) The aide thinking of sex with Ellen.
(b) The aide thinking of sex with Conrad.
(c) The aide thinking of sex with Reba.
(d) The aide thinking of sex with Powers.
6. What does Powers tell Kreton to do about taking over the world?
(a) Do it slowly.
(b) Do it quickly.
(c) Put it out of his mind.
(d) Do it secretly.
7. Who does Kreton try to recruit to mate with Ellen?
(c) The Captain.
8. Why does Conrad believe Kreton would hate being in charge of the world?
(a) He would have to stop reading minds.
(b) He would have to dress up.
(c) He wouldn't be paid.
(d) Too many speeches and paperwork.
9. Who does Roger invite onto his television show?
10. What does Ellen announce she will do at the end of the Act, in regard to Conrad?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Sleep with him.
11. Why is Powers angry at the Pentagon?
(a) They released Kreton.
(b) They have given the aide a raise.
(c) They have left him in charge of Kreton.
(d) They have fired him.
12. Whose pet does Ellen say the cat is?
13. What was Central Intelligence "tickled pink" about?
(a) That Kreton can move objects.
(b) That Kreton has a spaceship.
(c) That Kreton can read minds.
(d) That Kreton came to Earth.
14. What does Ellen do with the book in Act II?
(a) She throws it away.
(b) She draws in it.
(c) She memorizes the first page.
(d) She tears it in half.
15. How does Kreton show his mental powers to Ellen?
(a) He lifts the television with his mind.
(b) He lifts a vase with his mind.
(c) He lifts the cat with his mind.
(d) He lifts a mouse with his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
2. What does Kreton suggest first to begin his plan to take over the world?
3. What does Roger claim the Russians have discovered?
4. Why does Ellen claim she can't marry Conrad?
5. What has Kreton's race given up, along with the appendix?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)