|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kreton try to recruit to mate with Ellen?
(d) The Captain.
2. How much time passes between acts?
(a) Five years.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
3. Whose pet does Ellen say the cat is?
4. Why does Kreton claim his race is perfect?
(a) They have no passion.
(b) They have no children.
(c) They have no soul.
(d) They have no morals.
5. What does Kreton assume the couple was going to do with the telephone books?
(a) Look up telephone numbers.
(b) Rip them for fire.
(c) Use them as stools to break into windows.
(d) Use them to come up with false names.
6. What does Kreton believe Conrad and Ellen were planning to do the night before?
(a) Devote the night to wild abandon.
(b) Attend a party.
(c) Attend a film festival.
(d) Drink alcohol.
7. Why is Powers angry at the Pentagon?
(a) They released Kreton.
(b) They have given the aide a raise.
(c) They have fired him.
(d) They have left him in charge of Kreton.
8. What does Roger claim the Russians have discovered?
(a) Nuclear fusion.
9. What does Ellen do with the book in Act II?
(a) She tears it in half.
(b) She memorizes the first page.
(c) She throws it away.
(d) She draws in it.
10. What does Kreton gather is unacceptable regarding sleeping arrangements?
(a) Four is not enough.
(b) Three is too many.
(c) Two people cannot be in the same room.
(d) There can never be more than five in a room.
11. What finally causes Conrad to fight?
(a) The aide thinking of sex with Powers.
(b) The aide thinking of sex with Ellen.
(c) The aide thinking of sex with Conrad.
(d) The aide thinking of sex with Reba.
12. Why does Ellen claim she can't marry Conrad?
(a) He's not sexy.
(b) He's not handsome.
(c) He's not rich.
(d) He's not famous.
13. For whom does Kreton note the fighting is for, at the end of his attempt to rouse Conrad?
14. Why does Ellen claim Conrad doesn't want to join the army?
(a) He doesn't like his country.
(b) He doesn't like travel.
(c) He doesn't like people.
(d) He doesn't like fighting.
15. Why does the aide think Powers hates him?
(a) He is popular.
(b) He went to West Point.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is paid well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kreton tell Ellen his race does not do?
2. What does Powers tell Kreton he is to the military?
3. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
4. What two elements does Kreton link together as he tries to entice Conrad to war?
5. What does Conrad claim Roger attempted to do to him while he slept?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)