|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the military not do in response to information that Kreton is a mammal?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Run tests on him.
(c) Try to dissect him.
(d) Let him go.
2. What did Kreton expect everyone to talk about?
(a) Peace and harmony.
(b) Battles, poets, and other events.
(c) Poverty and cruelty.
(d) War, love, and wealth.
3. What does Powers claim he needs sixteen copies of from Kreton?
(a) His driver's license.
(b) His insurance information.
(c) His birth certificate.
(d) A list of his powers.
4. Why does the aide think Powers hates him?
(a) He went to West Point.
(b) He is popular.
(c) He is paid well.
(d) He is handsome.
5. What does Kreton believe is a symbol for sex?
(a) The telephone.
(b) The rose.
(c) The lion.
(d) The snake.
6. Who joins in with Kreton as he sings at the end of Act II?
7. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
(a) He wants Powers to move up.
(b) He wants Powers to move away.
(c) He wants Powers' office.
(d) He wants Powers to resign.
8. What does Powers tell Kreton he is to the military?
(a) A vessel.
(b) A threat.
(c) A new weapon.
(d) A civilian.
9. What has Kreton's race given up, along with the appendix?
(a) Having friendships.
(d) Having intercourse.
10. Why is Kreton surprised sex is such a taboo topic?
(a) It isn't taboo on his planet.
(b) People revel in public executions.
(c) It is frightening to watch.
(d) It is a fun activity.
11. What does Kreton announce he has done at the end of Act II?
(a) Planned a sneak attack.
(b) Destroyed the moon.
(c) Destroyed Washington.
(d) Married Conrad and Ellen.
12. What is Kreton doing for the first time following Roger's broadcast?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Watching television.
13. What does Kreton finally do to begin his plan to take over the world?
(a) Dries up a small ocean.
(b) Moves the moon.
(c) Makes all rifles in the world float.
(d) Turns off all the lights in the world.
14. Who does Kreton try to recruit to mate with Ellen?
(a) The Captain.
15. How does Kreton show his mental powers to Ellen?
(a) He lifts a vase with his mind.
(b) He lifts a mouse with his mind.
(c) He lifts the television with his mind.
(d) He lifts the cat with his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen claim she can't marry Conrad?
2. What was Central Intelligence "tickled pink" about?
3. Why does Ellen claim Conrad doesn't want to join the army?
4. What is Kreton's response to such concerns?
5. What two elements does Kreton link together as he tries to entice Conrad to war?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)