|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kreton tell Ellen his race does not do?
(b) Get angry.
2. What is Rosemary?
(a) A child.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
3. How much time passes between acts?
(b) Five years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
4. What will Kreton's force field put out of business?
(b) Electric fences.
(d) Invisible fences.
5. Why does Ellen claim Conrad doesn't want to join the army?
(a) He doesn't like fighting.
(b) He doesn't like his country.
(c) He doesn't like travel.
(d) He doesn't like people.
6. What does Kreton believe is a symbol for sex?
(a) The snake.
(b) The rose.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The lion.
7. What topic do Kreton and the cat discuss at the beginning of Act II?
(c) Cat naps.
8. What does Powers tell Kreton he is to the military?
(a) A civilian.
(b) A threat.
(c) A new weapon.
(d) A vessel.
9. What does Kreton say space is like?
10. Why has Reba had a bad morning?
(a) She was escorted by army officers.
(b) She has been locked inside the house.
(c) She had a flat tire.
(d) She has had little sleep.
11. Why does Ellen claim she can't marry Conrad?
(a) He's not handsome.
(b) He's not sexy.
(c) He's not famous.
(d) He's not rich.
12. What two elements does Kreton link together as he tries to entice Conrad to war?
(a) Sex and aggression.
(b) Aggression and hatred.
(c) Love and honor.
(d) Hatred and love.
13. Why does Conrad claim he was up all night?
(a) Roger tosses and turns.
(b) Roger talks in his sleep.
(c) Roger grinds his teeth.
(d) Roger snores.
14. Who is the aide thinking about when Kreton broadcasts his thoughts?
15. what does Kreton admit to Rosemary he has done?
(a) Eaten a mouse.
(b) Conquered the world.
(c) Started a war.
(d) Chased a cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally causes Conrad to fight?
2. What does Ellen do with the book in Act II?
3. What does Powers claim he needs sixteen copies of from Kreton?
4. What does Kreton claim are Rosemary's feelings toward her family?
5. What does Kreton believe Conrad and Ellen were planning to do the night before?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)