|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the book Conrad chooses for Ellen?
(b) Vidal Conrad.
(c) Gore Vidal
(d) Ellen Conrad.
2. What does Kreton assume the couple was going to do with the telephone books?
(a) Look up telephone numbers.
(b) Rip them for fire.
(c) Use them to come up with false names.
(d) Use them as stools to break into windows.
3. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
(a) He wants Powers to resign.
(b) He wants Powers to move up.
(c) He wants Powers' office.
(d) He wants Powers to move away.
4. What does Roger claim the Russians have discovered?
(d) Nuclear fusion.
5. What two elements does Kreton link together as he tries to entice Conrad to war?
(a) Hatred and love.
(b) Sex and aggression.
(c) Love and honor.
(d) Aggression and hatred.
6. Who does Kreton trust with his secret of taking over the world?
(a) Ellen and Reba.
(b) Ellen and Roger.
(c) Ellen and Conrad.
(d) Ellen and Powers.
7. Who does Kreton try to recruit to mate with Ellen?
(d) The Captain.
8. What is Kreton's response to such concerns?
(a) He decides not to take over.
(b) He plans to take over slowly.
(c) He decides to take over using Ellen.
(d) He plans to take over secretly.
9. What will the military not do in response to information that Kreton is a mammal?
(a) Try to dissect him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Run tests on him.
(d) Let him go.
10. What does Ellen do in response?
(a) Lifts a mouse with her mind.
(b) Lifts the television with her mind.
(c) Lifts the vase with her mind.
(d) Lifts the cat with her mind.
11. Why has Reba had a bad morning?
(a) She had a flat tire.
(b) She was escorted by army officers.
(c) She has had little sleep.
(d) She has been locked inside the house.
12. What is Rosemary?
(a) A cat.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mouse.
13. What will Kreton's force field put out of business?
(a) Invisible fences.
(b) Electric fences.
14. Why does Kreton claim his race is perfect?
(a) They have no soul.
(b) They have no passion.
(c) They have no children.
(d) They have no morals.
15. What does Ellen announce she will do at the end of the Act, in regard to Conrad?
(a) Sleep with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roger invite onto his television show?
2. What does Powers tell Kreton to do about taking over the world?
3. What does Kreton say space is like?
4. Why is Kreton surprised sex is such a taboo topic?
5. What did Kreton expect everyone to talk about?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)