|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Kreton note the fighting is for, at the end of his attempt to rouse Conrad?
2. What does Roger claim the Russians are responsible for?
(a) The raising of all America's rifles.
(b) The bombing of Washington.
(c) The drying of an ocean.
(d) The movement of the moon.
3. What did Kreton expect everyone to talk about?
(a) Peace and harmony.
(b) Poverty and cruelty.
(c) War, love, and wealth.
(d) Battles, poets, and other events.
4. Who is the author of the book Conrad chooses for Ellen?
(a) Gore Vidal
(b) Ellen Conrad.
(c) Vidal Conrad.
5. Why does Ellen claim Conrad doesn't want to join the army?
(a) He doesn't like people.
(b) He doesn't like travel.
(c) He doesn't like fighting.
(d) He doesn't like his country.
6. What is Rosemary?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A child.
(d) A dog.
7. What does Kreton tell Ellen his race does not do?
(c) Get angry.
8. What does Powers tell Kreton he is to the military?
(a) A threat.
(b) A civilian.
(c) A new weapon.
(d) A vessel.
9. Whose pet does Ellen say the cat is?
10. How does Kreton show his mental powers to Ellen?
(a) He lifts the cat with his mind.
(b) He lifts a vase with his mind.
(c) He lifts the television with his mind.
(d) He lifts a mouse with his mind.
11. How much of his brain does Kreton claim to use?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 100 percent.
12. Who does Powers note would not sit still for Kreton's overthrow of the world?
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The President.
13. What does Kreton assume the couple was going to do with the telephone books?
(a) Use them as stools to break into windows.
(b) Look up telephone numbers.
(c) Use them to come up with false names.
(d) Rip them for fire.
14. what does Kreton admit to Rosemary he has done?
(a) Eaten a mouse.
(b) Started a war.
(c) Chased a cat.
(d) Conquered the world.
15. What reasons do Ellen give for not giving bacon to the cat?
(a) The cat is old.
(b) Bacon is for humans.
(c) Bacon isn't healthy, and the cat doesn't like them.
(d) The cat is evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between acts?
2. What does Ellen do in response?
3. Why does the aide think Powers hates him?
4. What does Kreton suggest second to begin his plan to take over the world?
5. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)