|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kreton claim this same trait means for the race?
(a) They have become unintelligent.
(b) They have become emotionally unstable.
(c) They have become old.
(d) They have become boring.
2. What does Ellen announce she will do at the end of the Act, in regard to Conrad?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Sleep with him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Beat him.
3. What is Rosemary?
(a) A child.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
4. What does Ellen do with the book in Act II?
(a) She throws it away.
(b) She draws in it.
(c) She memorizes the first page.
(d) She tears it in half.
5. Who is the author of the book Conrad chooses for Ellen?
(b) Ellen Conrad.
(c) Gore Vidal
(d) Vidal Conrad.
6. What two elements does Kreton link together as he tries to entice Conrad to war?
(a) Sex and aggression.
(b) Hatred and love.
(c) Aggression and hatred.
(d) Love and honor.
7. Why does the aide think Powers hates him?
(a) He is popular.
(b) He went to West Point.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is paid well.
8. What does Kreton announce he has done at the end of Act II?
(a) Planned a sneak attack.
(b) Married Conrad and Ellen.
(c) Destroyed Washington.
(d) Destroyed the moon.
9. Why does Ellen claim she can't marry Conrad?
(a) He's not sexy.
(b) He's not famous.
(c) He's not rich.
(d) He's not handsome.
10. What does Kreton tell Ellen his race does not do?
(b) Get angry.
11. What is Kreton doing for the first time following Roger's broadcast?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Driving a car.
12. What does Kreton believe Conrad and Ellen were planning to do the night before?
(a) Attend a party.
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Attend a film festival.
(d) Devote the night to wild abandon.
13. Whose pet does Ellen say the cat is?
14. How much time passes between acts?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three days.
15. What does Roger claim the Russians are responsible for?
(a) The drying of an ocean.
(b) The raising of all America's rifles.
(c) The movement of the moon.
(d) The bombing of Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Powers tell Kreton to do about taking over the world?
2. What finally causes Conrad to fight?
3. How much of his brain does Kreton claim to use?
4. What does Roger claim the Russians have discovered?
5. Why does Conrad claim he was up all night?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)