|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
(a) He wants Powers to resign.
(b) He wants Powers to move away.
(c) He wants Powers to move up.
(d) He wants Powers' office.
2. What has Kreton's race given up, along with the appendix?
(a) Having friendships.
(d) Having intercourse.
3. Why does Conrad claim he was up all night?
(a) Roger snores.
(b) Roger tosses and turns.
(c) Roger grinds his teeth.
(d) Roger talks in his sleep.
4. Why does Conrad believe Kreton would hate being in charge of the world?
(a) Too many speeches and paperwork.
(b) He wouldn't be paid.
(c) He would have to stop reading minds.
(d) He would have to dress up.
5. For whom does Kreton note the fighting is for, at the end of his attempt to rouse Conrad?
6. What does Kreton believe is a symbol for sex?
(a) The telephone.
(b) The snake.
(c) The lion.
(d) The rose.
7. Why does Ellen claim she can't marry Conrad?
(a) He's not famous.
(b) He's not sexy.
(c) He's not handsome.
(d) He's not rich.
8. what does Kreton admit to Rosemary he has done?
(a) Started a war.
(b) Conquered the world.
(c) Eaten a mouse.
(d) Chased a cat.
9. What does Roger claim the Russians have discovered?
(b) Nuclear fusion.
10. What does Ellen announce she will do at the end of the Act, in regard to Conrad?
(a) Sleep with him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Beat him.
11. What does Kreton assume the couple was going to do with the telephone books?
(a) Use them to come up with false names.
(b) Rip them for fire.
(c) Use them as stools to break into windows.
(d) Look up telephone numbers.
12. What does Powers tell Kreton he is to the military?
(a) A vessel.
(b) A new weapon.
(c) A civilian.
(d) A threat.
13. What is Rosemary?
(a) A dog.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A child.
14. What topic do Kreton and the cat discuss at the beginning of Act II?
(d) Cat naps.
15. Who does Powers note would not sit still for Kreton's overthrow of the world?
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kreton claim this same trait means for the race?
2. Whose pet does Ellen say the cat is?
3. What reasons do Ellen give for not giving bacon to the cat?
4. What does Kreton finally do to begin his plan to take over the world?
5. What does Ellen do in response?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)