|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kreton believe Conrad and Ellen were planning to do the night before?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Attend a party.
(c) Devote the night to wild abandon.
(d) Attend a film festival.
2. What will Kreton's force field put out of business?
(a) Invisible fences.
(d) Electric fences.
3. Why does the aide think Powers hates him?
(a) He went to West Point.
(b) He is popular.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is paid well.
4. Why does Ellen claim she can't marry Conrad?
(a) He's not famous.
(b) He's not sexy.
(c) He's not handsome.
(d) He's not rich.
5. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
(a) He wants Powers to resign.
(b) He wants Powers to move up.
(c) He wants Powers' office.
(d) He wants Powers to move away.
6. What was Central Intelligence "tickled pink" about?
(a) That Kreton can read minds.
(b) That Kreton has a spaceship.
(c) That Kreton came to Earth.
(d) That Kreton can move objects.
7. Whose pet does Ellen say the cat is?
8. What does Ellen do in response?
(a) Lifts the vase with her mind.
(b) Lifts the cat with her mind.
(c) Lifts a mouse with her mind.
(d) Lifts the television with her mind.
9. what does Kreton admit to Rosemary he has done?
(a) Conquered the world.
(b) Started a war.
(c) Eaten a mouse.
(d) Chased a cat.
10. Why is Kreton surprised sex is such a taboo topic?
(a) It isn't taboo on his planet.
(b) It is frightening to watch.
(c) People revel in public executions.
(d) It is a fun activity.
11. What does Ellen announce she will do at the end of the Act, in regard to Conrad?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Sleep with him.
12. What topic do Kreton and the cat discuss at the beginning of Act II?
(c) Cat naps.
13. What has Kreton's race given up, along with the appendix?
(c) Having intercourse.
(d) Having friendships.
14. What does Powers claim he needs sixteen copies of from Kreton?
(a) His birth certificate.
(b) His driver's license.
(c) His insurance information.
(d) A list of his powers.
15. What does Kreton suggest second to begin his plan to take over the world?
(a) Flying over the white house.
(b) Drying up small oceans.
(c) Tricks like lifting a vase.
(d) Doing something to the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Conrad believe Kreton would hate being in charge of the world?
2. What does Powers tell Kreton to do about taking over the world?
3. What does Kreton tell Ellen his race does not do?
4. What did Kreton expect everyone to talk about?
5. Why is Powers angry at the Pentagon?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)