|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kreton announce he has done at the end of Act II?
(a) Married Conrad and Ellen.
(b) Destroyed Washington.
(c) Planned a sneak attack.
(d) Destroyed the moon.
2. What does Kreton claim are Rosemary's feelings toward her family?
(a) She is indifferent to them.
(b) She loves them.
(c) She pities them.
(d) She doesn't like them.
3. What is Kreton doing for the first time following Roger's broadcast?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Driving a car.
4. What does Kreton believe Conrad and Ellen were planning to do the night before?
(a) Attend a party.
(b) Attend a film festival.
(c) Devote the night to wild abandon.
(d) Drink alcohol.
5. How much time passes between acts?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five years.
6. What does Ellen do in response?
(a) Lifts the cat with her mind.
(b) Lifts the vase with her mind.
(c) Lifts a mouse with her mind.
(d) Lifts the television with her mind.
7. What does Kreton believe is a symbol for sex?
(a) The lion.
(b) The rose.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The snake.
8. What does Kreton finally do to begin his plan to take over the world?
(a) Turns off all the lights in the world.
(b) Makes all rifles in the world float.
(c) Dries up a small ocean.
(d) Moves the moon.
9. What does Roger claim the Russians are responsible for?
(a) The bombing of Washington.
(b) The movement of the moon.
(c) The raising of all America's rifles.
(d) The drying of an ocean.
10. Why has Reba had a bad morning?
(a) She was escorted by army officers.
(b) She had a flat tire.
(c) She has had little sleep.
(d) She has been locked inside the house.
11. How much of his brain does Kreton claim to use?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 100 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
12. Why does Ellen claim Conrad doesn't want to join the army?
(a) He doesn't like travel.
(b) He doesn't like his country.
(c) He doesn't like people.
(d) He doesn't like fighting.
13. What does Kreton tell Ellen his race does not do?
(b) Get angry.
14. For whom does Kreton note the fighting is for, at the end of his attempt to rouse Conrad?
15. What has Kreton's race given up, along with the appendix?
(b) Having friendships.
(c) Having intercourse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen announce she will do at the end of the Act, in regard to Conrad?
2. What does Kreton want to watch Ellen do?
3. What does Powers tell Kreton to do about taking over the world?
4. What does Ellen do with the book in Act II?
5. What does Powers claim he needs sixteen copies of from Kreton?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)