|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. what does Kreton admit to Rosemary he has done?
(a) Started a war.
(b) Conquered the world.
(c) Chased a cat.
(d) Eaten a mouse.
2. What did Kreton expect everyone to talk about?
(a) War, love, and wealth.
(b) Battles, poets, and other events.
(c) Poverty and cruelty.
(d) Peace and harmony.
3. What does Kreton believe is a symbol for sex?
(a) The rose.
(b) The telephone.
(c) The snake.
(d) The lion.
4. Who is the author of the book Conrad chooses for Ellen?
(a) Ellen Conrad.
(b) Gore Vidal
(d) Vidal Conrad.
5. What has Kreton's race given up, along with the appendix?
(c) Having intercourse.
(d) Having friendships.
6. What is Kreton's response to such concerns?
(a) He decides not to take over.
(b) He decides to take over using Ellen.
(c) He plans to take over secretly.
(d) He plans to take over slowly.
7. How much of his brain does Kreton claim to use?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 100 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
8. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
(a) He wants Powers to resign.
(b) He wants Powers to move up.
(c) He wants Powers to move away.
(d) He wants Powers' office.
9. Who is the aide thinking about when Kreton broadcasts his thoughts?
10. Why does Ellen claim she can't marry Conrad?
(a) He's not sexy.
(b) He's not handsome.
(c) He's not famous.
(d) He's not rich.
11. Who does Kreton trust with his secret of taking over the world?
(a) Ellen and Powers.
(b) Ellen and Conrad.
(c) Ellen and Roger.
(d) Ellen and Reba.
12. Whose pet does Ellen say the cat is?
13. What finally causes Conrad to fight?
(a) The aide thinking of sex with Conrad.
(b) The aide thinking of sex with Ellen.
(c) The aide thinking of sex with Powers.
(d) The aide thinking of sex with Reba.
14. What two elements does Kreton link together as he tries to entice Conrad to war?
(a) Hatred and love.
(b) Aggression and hatred.
(c) Love and honor.
(d) Sex and aggression.
15. What does Kreton believe Conrad and Ellen were planning to do the night before?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Attend a film festival.
(c) Devote the night to wild abandon.
(d) Attend a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen want Kreton to teach her after the first mind trick?
2. What does Kreton claim this same trait means for the race?
3. What does Powers claim he needs sixteen copies of from Kreton?
4. What does Roger claim the Russians are responsible for?
5. Why does Ellen claim Conrad doesn't want to join the army?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)