|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Kreton note the fighting is for, at the end of his attempt to rouse Conrad?
2. How does Kreton show his mental powers to Ellen?
(a) He lifts the television with his mind.
(b) He lifts a vase with his mind.
(c) He lifts a mouse with his mind.
(d) He lifts the cat with his mind.
3. What does Ellen do in response?
(a) Lifts a mouse with her mind.
(b) Lifts the cat with her mind.
(c) Lifts the vase with her mind.
(d) Lifts the television with her mind.
4. Why does Ellen claim she can't marry Conrad?
(a) He's not handsome.
(b) He's not rich.
(c) He's not famous.
(d) He's not sexy.
5. How much time passes between acts?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five years.
(d) Three days.
6. Why does Ellen claim Conrad doesn't want to join the army?
(a) He doesn't like people.
(b) He doesn't like travel.
(c) He doesn't like fighting.
(d) He doesn't like his country.
7. What does Powers claim is the reason for Claypoole's desire to bring him down?
(a) He wants Powers to resign.
(b) He wants Powers' office.
(c) He wants Powers to move away.
(d) He wants Powers to move up.
8. What does Kreton say space is like?
9. What does Kreton suggest first to begin his plan to take over the world?
(a) Tricks like lifting a vase.
(b) Drying up small oceans.
(c) Flying over the white house.
(d) Doing something to the moon.
10. Who is the author of the book Conrad chooses for Ellen?
(b) Vidal Conrad.
(c) Ellen Conrad.
(d) Gore Vidal
11. What does Conrad claim Roger attempted to do to him while he slept?
(a) Smother him.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Stab him.
12. What does Kreton tell Ellen his race does not do?
(a) Get angry.
13. What is Rosemary?
(a) A child.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mouse.
14. Who does Kreton trust with his secret of taking over the world?
(a) Ellen and Conrad.
(b) Ellen and Roger.
(c) Ellen and Powers.
(d) Ellen and Reba.
15. Why does the aide think Powers hates him?
(a) He is popular.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He went to West Point.
(d) He is paid well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Conrad believe Kreton would hate being in charge of the world?
2. What is Kreton's response to such concerns?
3. What does Powers tell Kreton to do about taking over the world?
4. What has Kreton's race given up, along with the appendix?
5. What does Powers claim he needs sixteen copies of from Kreton?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)