|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Powers explain UFO stands for?
(a) Unified Foreign Offensive.
(b) Uniform Flying Object.
(c) Unidentified Foreign Object.
(d) Unidentified Flying Object.
2. How long did it take for Kreton to reach Earth?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two days.
(d) A day.
3. What does Kreton note he has decided he will do to the world?
(a) Blow it up.
(b) Erase it.
(c) Love it.
(d) Take charge of it.
4. Who is in the living room at the opening of the play?
(a) Reba and Roger.
(b) Tom and Reba.
(c) Roger and Tom.
(d) Ellen and Roger.
5. What does Kreton state his species doesn't do that humans do that he gives as a reason for not being able to explain his origins?
(a) Humans sleep.
(b) Humans eat.
(c) Humans die.
(d) Humans talk.
6. Of what type of metal is Kreton's ship made?
(d) An unknown metal.
7. What trait does Kreton say is endearing in Earthlings?
(a) They are emotional.
(b) They are very proud.
(c) They are sensitive.
(d) They are neurotic.
8. What does Roger believe Kreton belongs to?
(a) A race of thieves.
(b) A group of terrorists.
(c) A hostile race.
(d) A race of pigs.
9. To where does Tom lead Reba and Roger to show them the spacecraft?
(a) To the military base.
(b) To the television.
(c) To the terrace.
(d) To a picture in a book.
10. What piece of equipment does Powers ask about in terms of the ship?
(a) The instrument panel.
(b) The lights.
(c) The doors.
(d) The wings.
11. What does Kreton admit he can do with time?
(a) Make it go backward.
(b) Alter it.
(c) Live in it.
(d) Travel through it.
12. Why is Conrad forced to spend the night?
(a) The family cannot exit because of the spaceship.
(b) Conrad is marrying Ellen.
(c) Conrad wants to visit with the alien.
(d) The family is under house arrest.
13. What does Powers send his Captain to go do before he speaks to Kreton?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Dissect the alien.
(c) Examine the ship.
(d) Go for pizza.
14. What does Conrad note Ellen can do at the same time as making love?
(c) Watch television.
15. What does Powers fear would be the result of leaked information about the alien?
(a) A mass illusion.
(b) An international pastime.
(c) A parade.
(d) An international panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roger believe he has different rights than others?
2. What does Roger report he needs to leave the house?
3. What does Conrad use as a name for hotel reservations at the Jefferson Davis?
4. What nickname does the aide think of when he thinks of Powers?
5. What does Roger say is the only organism on Mars?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)