|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Powers fear would be the result of leaked information about the alien?
(a) An international panic.
(b) A mass illusion.
(c) An international pastime.
(d) A parade.
2. What does Powers explain UFO stands for?
(a) Unified Foreign Offensive.
(b) Unidentified Flying Object.
(c) Unidentified Foreign Object.
(d) Uniform Flying Object.
3. What power does Kreton have?
(a) He can fly.
(b) He can be invisible.
(c) He can read minds.
(d) He is very strong.
4. According to Kreton, how many continents are on Earth?
5. How does Kreton explain that he lives both on another planet and not on another planet?
(a) He lives on Mars.
(b) He lives in another dimension.
(c) He lives on the moon.
(d) He lives in the ocean.
6. What adjective does Kreton use to describe hydrogen?
7. What type of trip does Kreton say the trip to Earth was?
(a) A business trip.
(b) An educational trip.
(c) A social trip.
(d) A pleasure trip.
8. What is Ellen majoring in?
(a) Art appreciation.
(b) Women's literature.
(c) Actuarial sciences.
9. What did Reba want to be as a youth?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A vet.
(c) A dietitian.
(d) A doctor.
10. How do Tom Powers and Roger know one another?
(a) They went to grade school together.
(b) They went to high school together.
(c) They went to Bryn together.
(d) They went to Harvard Business School together.
11. What does Conrad claim to be in addition to a farmer?
(a) A pacifist.
(b) A maniac.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A simpleton.
12. What trait does Kreton say is endearing in Earthlings?
(a) They are very proud.
(b) They are emotional.
(c) They are sensitive.
(d) They are neurotic.
13. What does Powers complain was dropped into his lap?
(a) Com Air Int.
(b) The UFO deal.
(c) The Strat-Air Project.
(d) The Laundry Project.
14. To what does Kreton compare his head vibrations?
(a) A car.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A drum.
(d) An ocean.
15. Where does Conrad claim he needs to go as he and Ellen sit on the terrace?
(a) Home to his mother.
(b) To work.
(c) To school.
(d) Home to feed his goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does the aide think of when he thinks of Powers?
2. Why is Conrad forced to spend the night?
3. What does Kreton put around the ship?
4. What does Roger tell Ellen to marry for?
5. Why does Kreton claim he needs to lay down?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)