|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kreton put around the ship?
(a) A ring of fire.
(b) An electric fence.
(c) A moat.
(d) An invisible wall.
2. What problem do Reba and Roger have with watching Roger's television appearance?
(a) The television is in another room.
(b) The television picture is fuzzy.
(c) The television has no sound.
(d) The television has no picture.
3. What is on Reba's mind at the end of Act 1?
(a) Whether there will be enough chicken.
(b) Her husband's hair piece.
(c) How handsome Kreton is.
(d) Her daughter's health.
4. What does Powers admit he thinks Kreton is?
(a) A fake.
(b) A Russian.
(c) An alien spy.
(d) A mole.
5. Where does the spaceship land?
(a) The yard.
(b) The beach.
(c) The rose garden.
(d) The driveway.
6. What three rooms make up the stage at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The terrace, living room, and study.
(b) The living room, kitchen, and study.
(c) The kitchen, study, and bedroom.
(d) The bedroom, study, and living room.
7. What does Ellen tell Conrad to leave in the car when he arrives for dinner?
(a) The overnight bag.
(b) His wallet.
(c) The goat.
(d) The cat.
8. What is above the television in the study?
(a) A plant.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A globe.
(d) A spaceship.
9. What event did Kreton want to see?
(a) The Battle of Benedict.
(b) The Battle of Gettysburg.
(c) The Battle of the Bulge.
(d) The Battle of Bull Run.
10. How is Kreton dressed?
(a) In fashion of 1900.
(b) In modern fashion.
(c) He is not dressed.
(d) In fashion of 1860.
11. What causes Reba to be suspicious of Ellen and Conrad's activities?
(a) Conrad's shirt is off.
(b) The two are sweating.
(c) Ellen's skirt isn't straight.
(d) Ellen is undressed.
12. What trait does Kreton say is endearing in Earthlings?
(a) They are sensitive.
(b) They are neurotic.
(c) They are emotional.
(d) They are very proud.
13. What does Conrad note Ellen can do at the same time as making love?
(b) Watch television.
14. What does Conrad claim to be in addition to a farmer?
(a) A maniac.
(b) A simpleton.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A pacifist.
15. According to Kreton, how many continents are on Earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Reba want to be as a youth?
2. What does Roger tell Ellen to marry for?
3. What does Roger report General Powers advises the family do?
4. Why does Kreton claim he needs to lay down?
5. How do Tom Powers and Roger know one another?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)