|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad ask Ellen to do after discussing his dreams about them on a farm?
(a) He asks her to leave him.
(b) He asks her to have sex with him.
(c) He asks her to marry him.
(d) He asks her to move in with him.
2. Of what type of metal is Kreton's ship made?
(c) An unknown metal.
3. Why is Roger worried about the evening's broadcast?
(a) He is afraid his hair is imperfect.
(b) He is warning America of war.
(c) He is afraid he will stutter.
(d) He is wrongfully telling people aliens do not exist.
4. What power does Kreton have?
(a) He can be invisible.
(b) He can fly.
(c) He is very strong.
(d) He can read minds.
5. In what year was Kreton expecting to land?
6. How do Tom Powers and Roger know one another?
(a) They went to Bryn together.
(b) They went to high school together.
(c) They went to grade school together.
(d) They went to Harvard Business School together.
7. What does Roger tell Ellen to marry for?
(d) World peace.
8. Why does Kreton claim he needs to lay down?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is perplexed.
(c) He is annoyed.
(d) He is lazy.
9. What does Kreton note he has decided he will do to the world?
(a) Love it.
(b) Erase it.
(c) Take charge of it.
(d) Blow it up.
10. What does Powers admit he thinks Kreton is?
(a) A mole.
(b) A Russian.
(c) A fake.
(d) An alien spy.
11. Who is in the living room at the opening of the play?
(a) Reba and Roger.
(b) Ellen and Roger.
(c) Tom and Reba.
(d) Roger and Tom.
12. Why is Conrad forced to spend the night?
(a) Conrad is marrying Ellen.
(b) Conrad wants to visit with the alien.
(c) The family is under house arrest.
(d) The family cannot exit because of the spaceship.
13. Where does the spaceship land?
(a) The rose garden.
(b) The beach.
(c) The yard.
(d) The driveway.
14. What does Roger report he needs to leave the house?
(a) Permission from Powers.
(b) A sledgehammer.
(c) A key.
(d) Permission from his wife.
15. To what does Kreton compare his head vibrations?
(a) A drum.
(b) A car.
(c) A guitar.
(d) An ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Powers complain was dropped into his lap?
2. What does Roger believe Kreton belongs to?
3. How does Kreton explain that he lives both on another planet and not on another planet?
4. What does Kreton admit he can do with time?
5. Where does Conrad claim he needs to go as he and Ellen sit on the terrace?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)