|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad ask Ellen to do after discussing his dreams about them on a farm?
(a) He asks her to have sex with him.
(b) He asks her to move in with him.
(c) He asks her to leave him.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
2. What problem do Reba and Roger have with watching Roger's television appearance?
(a) The television has no picture.
(b) The television is in another room.
(c) The television has no sound.
(d) The television picture is fuzzy.
3. What does Conrad use as a name for hotel reservations at the Jefferson Davis?
(a) Roger Conrad.
(b) Tim Ollinger.
(c) Tom Powers.
(d) Claude Ollinger.
4. What does Reba note to Tom that has changed in her appearance?
(a) Her hair is longer.
(b) She is now blond.
(c) She is tan.
(d) She is heavier.
5. What does Powers fear would be the result of leaked information about the alien?
(a) A parade.
(b) An international panic.
(c) An international pastime.
(d) A mass illusion.
6. According to Kreton, how many continents are on Earth?
7. What adjective does Kreton use to describe hydrogen?
8. What piece of equipment does Powers ask about in terms of the ship?
(a) The doors.
(b) The instrument panel.
(c) The lights.
(d) The wings.
9. To where does Tom lead Reba and Roger to show them the spacecraft?
(a) To the military base.
(b) To the terrace.
(c) To the television.
(d) To a picture in a book.
10. Why is Conrad forced to spend the night?
(a) The family cannot exit because of the spaceship.
(b) Conrad is marrying Ellen.
(c) The family is under house arrest.
(d) Conrad wants to visit with the alien.
11. What does Conrad claim to be in addition to a farmer?
(a) A simpleton.
(b) A pacifist.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A maniac.
12. What does Conrad note Ellen can do at the same time as making love?
(b) Watch television.
13. Where does Conrad claim he needs to go as he and Ellen sit on the terrace?
(a) To work.
(b) Home to feed his goat.
(c) Home to his mother.
(d) To school.
14. How do Tom Powers and Roger know one another?
(a) They went to high school together.
(b) They went to Bryn together.
(c) They went to Harvard Business School together.
(d) They went to grade school together.
15. What does Kreton put around the ship?
(a) A ring of fire.
(b) An electric fence.
(c) An invisible wall.
(d) A moat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is above the television in the study?
2. What event did Kreton want to see?
3. What three rooms make up the stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Who is in the living room at the opening of the play?
5. What does Powers complain was dropped into his lap?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)