|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the spaceship land?
(a) The driveway.
(b) The rose garden.
(c) The beach.
(d) The yard.
2. What does Roger believe Kreton belongs to?
(a) A hostile race.
(b) A race of thieves.
(c) A race of pigs.
(d) A group of terrorists.
3. What three rooms make up the stage at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The terrace, living room, and study.
(b) The bedroom, study, and living room.
(c) The living room, kitchen, and study.
(d) The kitchen, study, and bedroom.
4. What adjective does Kreton use to describe hydrogen?
5. What does Conrad claim to be in addition to a farmer?
(a) A maniac.
(b) A simpleton.
(c) A pacifist.
(d) A mechanic.
6. What does Conrad note Ellen can do at the same time as making love?
(a) Watch television.
7. What does Kreton note he has decided he will do to the world?
(a) Blow it up.
(b) Erase it.
(c) Love it.
(d) Take charge of it.
8. Of what type of metal is Kreton's ship made?
(b) An unknown metal.
9. What does Ellen notice Roger has in the television appearance?
(a) A new tie,
(b) A new hair piece.
(c) A new suit.
(d) New shoes.
10. What does Reba note to Tom that has changed in her appearance?
(a) She is now blond.
(b) Her hair is longer.
(c) She is tan.
(d) She is heavier.
11. What does Powers explain UFO stands for?
(a) Unified Foreign Offensive.
(b) Unidentified Flying Object.
(c) Uniform Flying Object.
(d) Unidentified Foreign Object.
12. What does Conrad ask Ellen to do after discussing his dreams about them on a farm?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her to move in with him.
(c) He asks her to have sex with him.
(d) He asks her to leave him.
13. What is on Reba's mind at the end of Act 1?
(a) Whether there will be enough chicken.
(b) Her husband's hair piece.
(c) Her daughter's health.
(d) How handsome Kreton is.
14. Where does Conrad sign his name as Ulysses Grant?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) His license.
(c) On his army registration form.
(d) In the bar.
15. According to Kreton, how many continents are on Earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Powers send his Captain to go do before he speaks to Kreton?
2. What does Powers fear would be the result of leaked information about the alien?
3. How long did it take for Kreton to reach Earth?
4. Why does Kreton claim he needs to lay down?
5. In what year was Kreton expecting to land?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)