|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Albert is compared to which of the following/
2. How many times did Valerie take the test?
3. Valerie is always referred to as a(n):
4. Stephanie learns about ______, a new villain.
5. Stephanie regrets giving away:
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Valerie's reasons for not wanting to marry Albert?
2. What news does Valerie deliver to Stephanie? Is the news accurate?
3. What is Diesel's explanation of the relationship between Ring and Sandy?
4. What is Valerie's explanation regarding the lack of prevention?
5. Lula offers to stay with Stephanie at the workshop. What is Lula's reaction when she learns about the elves? What does Lula say about the elves?
6. What upsets Stephanie about Christmas?
7. What does Stephanie say to reassure Valerie?
8. Discuss the scene when Stephanie and Diesel arrive at the Plum house.
9. What happens shortly before Diesel and Stephanie arrive? Who gives Stephanie the details?
10. Why does Diesel think that Sandy will insist on handling Ring alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary Alice, Stephanie's 7-year-old niece, is convinced she is a horse. Discuss Mary Alice's belief and the type of behavior it produces. Discuss the family's reaction to Mary Alice's play acting. How does Valerie treat the issue? Why does Mary Alice believe she is a horse? What kind of special gift does Mary Alice get for Christmas? How does Mary Alice get along with her older sister Angie?
Essay Topic 2
Valerie finds out she is pregnant and the entire family is in a tizzy about the news. Valerie's boyfriend, Albert, faints a lot. Discuss Valerie's illness and pregnancy. What does Valerie intend to do about the baby? How will Valerie raise a third child? What part does Albert play in the pregnancy? How does Stephanie react to Valerie's situation? What do you think will happen with Valerie and Albert?
Essay Topic 3
Randy Briggs is a computer wiz and acquaintance to Stephanie. Randy and Stephanie do not particularly like each other. Why does Stephanie contact Randy about the case involving Sandy Claws? Why does Randy agree to cooperate? Why is Randy often hostile to Stephanie and others? What role does Randy play in the case?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)