|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what chases Stephanie?
2. Valerie is always referred to as a(n):
3. Stephanie is concerned that Valerie will buy a:
4. Who does Stephanie call to get information on Sandy?
5. What is the proposed escape route for Valerie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Diesel's explanation of the relationship between Ring and Sandy?
2. What is Valerie's explanation regarding the lack of prevention?
3. How do Diesel and Stephanie find the location of the workshop? What does Stephanie do next?
4. What do Diesel and Stephanie see when they return to Sandy's house?
5. What is Stephanie's solution to the possible stampede?
6. What are Valerie's reasons for not wanting to marry Albert?
7. Lula offers to stay with Stephanie at the workshop. What is Lula's reaction when she learns about the elves? What does Lula say about the elves?
8. Who calls Stephanie? What does Stephanie end up doing instead of working with Diesel?
9. Why does Diesel think that Sandy will insist on handling Ring alone?
10. What previous effort has Diesel made to find Ring? What was the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephanie and Grandma Mazur both have a wild streak and a taste for adventure. Compare and contrast Stephanie and Grandma Mazur. Which do you think has more of a wild streak? Which one holds the best record for mischief? What do the two women have in common?
Essay Topic 2
Stephanie is known for getting into trouble in virtually any kind of situation. Ranger, Stephanie's mentor and friend, makes it a point to watch out for Stephanie at all times. Examine how and why Ranger keeps such close tabs on Stephanie. What tools does Ranger use to keep tabs on Stephanie? Who often helps Ranger? How does Ranger always seem to know if Stephanie is in danger? What special gifts does Ranger have in this area?
Essay Topic 3
Lula proudly admits to being a former "'ho" that has taken on a job as a file clerk. Discuss Lula's new profession and how her life is still colored by her old profession. Discuss Lula's unusual way of dressing as well as her questionable work ethic. Also describe Lula's friendship with Stephanie and Connie.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)