|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Valerie take the test?
2. Stephanie learns about ______, a new villain.
3. What kind of car does Lula drive?
4. Who calls Stephanie shortly after she hangs up the phone?
5. What was Sandy's first name before he legally changed it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Diesel and Stephanie find the location of the workshop? What does Stephanie do next?
2. What previous effort has Diesel made to find Ring? What was the result?
3. What is Stephanie's first reaction to the news? What is Helen's response?
4. What are Valerie's reasons for not wanting to marry Albert?
5. Why does Diesel think that Sandy will insist on handling Ring alone?
6. What happens shortly before Diesel and Stephanie arrive? Who gives Stephanie the details?
7. What is Valerie's explanation regarding the lack of prevention?
8. What is Lula's opinion on being politically correct?
9. Discuss the scene when Stephanie and Diesel arrive at the Plum house.
10. Lula offers to stay with Stephanie at the workshop. What is Lula's reaction when she learns about the elves? What does Lula say about the elves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Randy Briggs is a computer wiz and acquaintance to Stephanie. Randy and Stephanie do not particularly like each other. Why does Stephanie contact Randy about the case involving Sandy Claws? Why does Randy agree to cooperate? Why is Randy often hostile to Stephanie and others? What role does Randy play in the case?
Essay Topic 2
Frank Plum is a retired postal worker that drives a cab part time to get away from Grandma Mazur. Frank is often in the background, relegated to making snide comments yet plays a strong role in the Plum home and in Stephanie's life. Create a character description for Frank Plum. Include family relationships and Frank's love of food and television.
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie and Grandma Mazur both have a wild streak and a taste for adventure. Compare and contrast Stephanie and Grandma Mazur. Which do you think has more of a wild streak? Which one holds the best record for mischief? What do the two women have in common?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)