|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to completely baffle Lula?
2. Valerie is always referred to as a(n):
3. Which of the following is the source of Stephanie's discrimination?
4. Stephanie and Diesel drive to which location?
5. Stephanie is afraid that she has ruined:
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Valerie's reasons for not wanting to marry Albert?
2. What is Diesel's explanation of the relationship between Ring and Sandy?
3. Who does Stephanie intend to speak to regarding Sandy? Why is Stephanie reluctant to make the contact?
4. Who calls Stephanie? What does Stephanie end up doing instead of working with Diesel?
5. Explain the difference between Stephanie's and Valerie's lives.
6. Lula offers to stay with Stephanie at the workshop. What is Lula's reaction when she learns about the elves? What does Lula say about the elves?
7. How do Diesel and Stephanie find the location of the workshop? What does Stephanie do next?
8. Explain the scene at the mall, beginning with the parking lot.
9. What happens shortly before Diesel and Stephanie arrive? Who gives Stephanie the details?
10. What do Diesel and Stephanie see when they return to Sandy's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary Alice, Stephanie's 7-year-old niece, is convinced she is a horse. Discuss Mary Alice's belief and the type of behavior it produces. Discuss the family's reaction to Mary Alice's play acting. How does Valerie treat the issue? Why does Mary Alice believe she is a horse? What kind of special gift does Mary Alice get for Christmas? How does Mary Alice get along with her older sister Angie?
Essay Topic 2
Lula proudly admits to being a former "'ho" that has taken on a job as a file clerk. Discuss Lula's new profession and how her life is still colored by her old profession. Discuss Lula's unusual way of dressing as well as her questionable work ethic. Also describe Lula's friendship with Stephanie and Connie.
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie and Grandma Mazur both have a wild streak and a taste for adventure. Compare and contrast Stephanie and Grandma Mazur. Which do you think has more of a wild streak? Which one holds the best record for mischief? What do the two women have in common?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)