|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sandy's previous surname?
2. What causes Valerie to fall?
3. In the end, Valerie decides that ___________ is to blame.
4. What does "FTA" mean?
5. Stephanie is disappointed because the elves do not have:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Stephanie call to get information on Sandy Claws? How does she intend to get it?
2. Explain the scene at the mall, beginning with the parking lot.
3. Stephanie convinces Valerie to leave the bathroom. What is the escape route the sisters use? What goes wrong?
4. What happens shortly before Diesel and Stephanie arrive? Who gives Stephanie the details?
5. What upsets Stephanie about Christmas?
6. What do Diesel and Stephanie see when they return to Sandy's house?
7. Who does Stephanie intend to speak to regarding Sandy? Why is Stephanie reluctant to make the contact?
8. What are Valerie's reasons for not wanting to marry Albert?
9. What does Stephanie say hoping to get rid of Diesel for the night? How does the plan backfire?
10. Why does Diesel think that Sandy will insist on handling Ring alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of the story revolves around Sandy's elves. Discuss the elves and their job at the factory. Discuss Randy's new job as an elf and how Stephanie gets involved in the operation. Also discuss Lula's fascination with and eventual fear of elves. Examine the scenes in which Stephanie and Lula encounter the elves.
Essay Topic 2
Even before Stephanie became a bounty hunter, she knew many of the Trenton Cops. Discuss Stephanie's relationship to the cops before she became a bounty hunter. Also discuss Stephanie's relationship after she became a bounty hunter. Did the relationships help or hinder Stephanie's career? Explain. How does dating a cop affect Stephanie personally and professionally?
Essay Topic 3
Valerie finds out she is pregnant and the entire family is in a tizzy about the news. Valerie's boyfriend, Albert, faints a lot. Discuss Valerie's illness and pregnancy. What does Valerie intend to do about the baby? How will Valerie raise a third child? What part does Albert play in the pregnancy? How does Stephanie react to Valerie's situation? What do you think will happen with Valerie and Albert?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)