|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "FTA" mean?
2. Stephanie claims that she used to live where?
3. What was destroyed in the incident?
4. How old was Stephanie when she jumped off the roof?
5. Valerie is always referred to as a(n):
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie say hoping to get rid of Diesel for the night? How does the plan backfire?
2. What news does Valerie deliver to Stephanie? Is the news accurate?
3. What is Diesel's explanation of the relationship between Ring and Sandy?
4. How do Diesel and Stephanie find the location of the workshop? What does Stephanie do next?
5. Explain the scene at the mall, beginning with the parking lot.
6. Explain the difference between Stephanie's and Valerie's lives.
7. Why does Diesel think that Sandy will insist on handling Ring alone?
8. What previous effort has Diesel made to find Ring? What was the result?
9. What is Stephanie's solution to the possible stampede?
10. Discuss the scene when Stephanie and Diesel arrive at the Plum house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephanie is known for getting into trouble in virtually any kind of situation. Ranger, Stephanie's mentor and friend, makes it a point to watch out for Stephanie at all times. Examine how and why Ranger keeps such close tabs on Stephanie. What tools does Ranger use to keep tabs on Stephanie? Who often helps Ranger? How does Ranger always seem to know if Stephanie is in danger? What special gifts does Ranger have in this area?
Essay Topic 2
Helen Plum is a strict Catholic and devoted wife and mother. Unfortunately, Helen often finds it necessary to have a nip of whiskey on occasion. What causes Helen to reach for the whiskey bottle? Why does Helen try to hide it? Do you think she has an alcohol problem? Which two people are most likely to cause Helen to drink? Explain at least one episode in which Helen reached for the bottle to calm her nerves.
Essay Topic 3
Much of the story revolves around Sandy's elves. Discuss the elves and their job at the factory. Discuss Randy's new job as an elf and how Stephanie gets involved in the operation. Also discuss Lula's fascination with and eventual fear of elves. Examine the scenes in which Stephanie and Lula encounter the elves.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)