|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attacks Stephanie in this chapter?
2. What is the name of the mall where Stephanie goes shopping with Lula?
3. Stephanie regrets giving away:
4. What time does Lula call Stephanie?
5. What is the proposed escape route for Valerie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What previous effort has Diesel made to find Ring? What was the result?
2. Stephanie convinces Valerie to leave the bathroom. What is the escape route the sisters use? What goes wrong?
3. What upsets Stephanie about Christmas?
4. What does Stephanie say to reassure Valerie?
5. What happens shortly before Diesel and Stephanie arrive? Who gives Stephanie the details?
6. How do Diesel and Stephanie find the location of the workshop? What does Stephanie do next?
7. Who does Stephanie intend to speak to regarding Sandy? Why is Stephanie reluctant to make the contact?
8. Who calls Stephanie? What does Stephanie end up doing instead of working with Diesel?
9. What is Lula's opinion on being politically correct?
10. Who does Stephanie call to get information on Sandy Claws? How does she intend to get it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephanie is known for getting into trouble in virtually any kind of situation. Ranger, Stephanie's mentor and friend, makes it a point to watch out for Stephanie at all times. Examine how and why Ranger keeps such close tabs on Stephanie. What tools does Ranger use to keep tabs on Stephanie? Who often helps Ranger? How does Ranger always seem to know if Stephanie is in danger? What special gifts does Ranger have in this area?
Essay Topic 2
Frank Plum is a retired postal worker that drives a cab part time to get away from Grandma Mazur. Frank is often in the background, relegated to making snide comments yet plays a strong role in the Plum home and in Stephanie's life. Create a character description for Frank Plum. Include family relationships and Frank's love of food and television.
Essay Topic 3
Diesel is vague about how he accomplishes some of his more unusual feats. All he will tell Stephanie is that he is "supernatural" or more likely, an "unmentionable." Discuss Diesel, his unmentionable status, and his real reason for being in Trenton. Also discuss Diesel's mysterious cohort Flash. Do you think Diesel is someone that will stick around or at least make frequent visits? What is the relationship between Diesel and Stephanie?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)