|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the workshop shortly after Stephanie and Diesel leave?
2. Where is Valerie during the time of the phone call?
3. What is the person doing when Stephanie arrives?
4. How long does it take to buy the Christmas trees?
5. Ring has the ability to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Valerie's reasons for not wanting to marry Albert?
2. Why does Diesel think that Sandy will insist on handling Ring alone?
3. What is Diesel's explanation of the relationship between Ring and Sandy?
4. Who calls Stephanie? What does Stephanie end up doing instead of working with Diesel?
5. What upsets Stephanie about Christmas?
6. What is Stephanie's first reaction to the news? What is Helen's response?
7. What does Stephanie say hoping to get rid of Diesel for the night? How does the plan backfire?
8. What is Valerie's explanation regarding the lack of prevention?
9. What news does Valerie deliver to Stephanie? Is the news accurate?
10. Lula offers to stay with Stephanie at the workshop. What is Lula's reaction when she learns about the elves? What does Lula say about the elves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephanie Plum has several men in her life. In this particular story two of those men play smaller roles than usual due to hectic schedules. In their place, at least temporarily, is Diesel. Discuss the men in Stephanie's life. Compare and contrast Diesel, Joe Morelli, and Ranger.
Essay Topic 2
Diesel is vague about how he accomplishes some of his more unusual feats. All he will tell Stephanie is that he is "supernatural" or more likely, an "unmentionable." Discuss Diesel, his unmentionable status, and his real reason for being in Trenton. Also discuss Diesel's mysterious cohort Flash. Do you think Diesel is someone that will stick around or at least make frequent visits? What is the relationship between Diesel and Stephanie?
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie and Grandma Mazur both have a wild streak and a taste for adventure. Compare and contrast Stephanie and Grandma Mazur. Which do you think has more of a wild streak? Which one holds the best record for mischief? What do the two women have in common?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)