|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephanie is afraid that she has ruined:
2. How often does Elaine bake cookies?
3. What ultimately limits Valerie's choices?
4. What item does Stephanie buy for her father?
5. Stephanie claims that she used to live where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who calls Stephanie? What does Stephanie end up doing instead of working with Diesel?
2. Who does Stephanie call to get information on Sandy Claws? How does she intend to get it?
3. What happens shortly before Diesel and Stephanie arrive? Who gives Stephanie the details?
4. Who does Stephanie intend to speak to regarding Sandy? Why is Stephanie reluctant to make the contact?
5. What does Stephanie say hoping to get rid of Diesel for the night? How does the plan backfire?
6. Discuss the scene when Stephanie and Diesel arrive at the Plum house.
7. What is Stephanie's solution to the possible stampede?
8. Stephanie's mother calls in hysterics. What has happened to cause Helen to be so upset?
9. Lula offers to stay with Stephanie at the workshop. What is Lula's reaction when she learns about the elves? What does Lula say about the elves?
10. What does Stephanie say to reassure Valerie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sandor Clausen is also known as Sandy Claws. Discuss the character. Why is Stephanie after Sandy? Why is Sandy in trouble? Who tries to protect Sandy? Where does Sandy work? Who does he work with and what do they manufacture? How does Sandy fit into the Plum's Christmas celebration? What is the outcome of Sandy's case? Does Sandy turn himself in or is he caught by Stephanie?
Essay Topic 2
Vincent Plum is Stephanie's cousin and the owner of Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company. Discuss Vinnie and his operation. How does Vinnie operate the company? Who is the real boss of the office? Describe Vinnie's relationship to Stephanie, Lula, and Connie. Also discuss Vinnie's place in the Plum family.
Essay Topic 3
Frank Plum is a retired postal worker that drives a cab part time to get away from Grandma Mazur. Frank is often in the background, relegated to making snide comments yet plays a strong role in the Plum home and in Stephanie's life. Create a character description for Frank Plum. Include family relationships and Frank's love of food and television.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)