|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather phenomenon has been caused by Ring?
2. Albert is compared to which of the following/
3. Who is the next person Stephanie and Diesel visit?
4. Diesel says he needs to protect Sandy from which of the following?
5. What object does Lula notice and comment on in the car next to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Valerie deliver to Stephanie? Is the news accurate?
2. What is Valerie's explanation regarding the lack of prevention?
3. What does Stephanie say to reassure Valerie?
4. Stephanie convinces Valerie to leave the bathroom. What is the escape route the sisters use? What goes wrong?
5. Lula offers to stay with Stephanie at the workshop. What is Lula's reaction when she learns about the elves? What does Lula say about the elves?
6. Discuss the scene when Stephanie and Diesel arrive at the Plum house.
7. Who does Stephanie intend to speak to regarding Sandy? Why is Stephanie reluctant to make the contact?
8. Who does Stephanie call to get information on Sandy Claws? How does she intend to get it?
9. What previous effort has Diesel made to find Ring? What was the result?
10. What is Lula's opinion on being politically correct?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Helen Plum is a strict Catholic and devoted wife and mother. Unfortunately, Helen often finds it necessary to have a nip of whiskey on occasion. What causes Helen to reach for the whiskey bottle? Why does Helen try to hide it? Do you think she has an alcohol problem? Which two people are most likely to cause Helen to drink? Explain at least one episode in which Helen reached for the bottle to calm her nerves.
Essay Topic 2
Much of the story revolves around Sandy's elves. Discuss the elves and their job at the factory. Discuss Randy's new job as an elf and how Stephanie gets involved in the operation. Also discuss Lula's fascination with and eventual fear of elves. Examine the scenes in which Stephanie and Lula encounter the elves.
Essay Topic 3
Even before Stephanie became a bounty hunter, she knew many of the Trenton Cops. Discuss Stephanie's relationship to the cops before she became a bounty hunter. Also discuss Stephanie's relationship after she became a bounty hunter. Did the relationships help or hinder Stephanie's career? Explain. How does dating a cop affect Stephanie personally and professionally?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)