|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valerie's boyfriend react to the idea?
2. Briggs becomes especially angry when Diesel calls him which of the following?
3. What about Valerie causes the family to worry?
4. What type of store do Stephanie and Diesel visit?
5. What is the name of the city in which Stephanie lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Stephanie's idea about capturing Sandy Claws? Who does Stephanie enlist to help?
2. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
3. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
4. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
5. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
6. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
7. What does Stephanie do to try to prove Diesel is not real?
8. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
9. What form of protection does Stephanie use and where is it found? What is the problem with the plan?
10. Who arrives for the usual Sunday dinner at the Plum House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephanie is known for getting into trouble in virtually any kind of situation. Ranger, Stephanie's mentor and friend, makes it a point to watch out for Stephanie at all times. Examine how and why Ranger keeps such close tabs on Stephanie. What tools does Ranger use to keep tabs on Stephanie? Who often helps Ranger? How does Ranger always seem to know if Stephanie is in danger? What special gifts does Ranger have in this area?
Essay Topic 2
The Plums live in the Chambersburg section of Trenton, NJ. The neighborhood is fondly referred to as "the 'Burg" to its residents, most of which are Italian or Hungarian. Stephanie Plum is half of each ethnicity. Discuss ethnic neighborhoods and how they differ from mixed neighborhoods. Also discuss the strong sense of community ingrained in the 'Burg and its people.
Essay Topic 3
Lula proudly admits to being a former "'ho" that has taken on a job as a file clerk. Discuss Lula's new profession and how her life is still colored by her old profession. Discuss Lula's unusual way of dressing as well as her questionable work ethic. Also describe Lula's friendship with Stephanie and Connie.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)