|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What covers the floor inside the store?
2. What does Briggs do when Stephanie calls?
3. What is the name of Stephanie's boyfriend?
4. What about Valerie causes the family to worry?
5. Stephanie attempts to tell Diesel that she does not:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
2. Stephanie's nieces are at the Plum house. What are the nieces' names and ages? What is unique about them?
3. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
4. What is Stephanie's idea about capturing Sandy Claws? Who does Stephanie enlist to help?
5. Describe the conversation between Helen and Stephanie regarding Christmas.
6. What is discussed in regard to Valerie? What happens to Valerie and Albert?
7. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
8. What does the man say when asked how he got to the apartment?
9. What is the one issue that completely confounds Stephanie? What is Stephanie's opinion on the subject?
10. Discuss the scene involving Mary Alice at the dinner table. How does the little girl react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diesel is particularly interested in apprehending a man named Ring. Who is Ring? Why does Diesel want to find him? What has the man done? What kind of things occur when Ring is in the area? Does Ring know Diesel? What is the relationship between the two men? What happens every time Diesel gets close to Ring?
Essay Topic 2
Helen Plum is a strict Catholic and devoted wife and mother. Unfortunately, Helen often finds it necessary to have a nip of whiskey on occasion. What causes Helen to reach for the whiskey bottle? Why does Helen try to hide it? Do you think she has an alcohol problem? Which two people are most likely to cause Helen to drink? Explain at least one episode in which Helen reached for the bottle to calm her nerves.
Essay Topic 3
Vincent Plum is Stephanie's cousin and the owner of Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company. Discuss Vinnie and his operation. How does Vinnie operate the company? Who is the real boss of the office? Describe Vinnie's relationship to Stephanie, Lula, and Connie. Also discuss Vinnie's place in the Plum family.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)