|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the character doing in the beginning of the story?
2. The job was advertising for a position as a(n):
3. What color is the guest's hair?
4. What is the name of Stephanie's mentor?
5. What arrives unexpectedly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Stephanie take Diesel to dinner? Describe the location. What is the reaction of the other people at the table?
2. What is the current case being worked by Stephanie? What about the case causes confusion?
3. What does Stephanie do to attempt to keep Diesel out of the line of fire from Helen and Grandma Mazur?
4. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
5. What is the one issue that completely confounds Stephanie? What is Stephanie's opinion on the subject?
6. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
7. Discuss the scene involving Mary Alice at the dinner table. How does the little girl react?
8. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
9. What form of protection does Stephanie use and where is it found? What is the problem with the plan?
10. Who arrives for the usual Sunday dinner at the Plum House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of the story revolves around Sandy's elves. Discuss the elves and their job at the factory. Discuss Randy's new job as an elf and how Stephanie gets involved in the operation. Also discuss Lula's fascination with and eventual fear of elves. Examine the scenes in which Stephanie and Lula encounter the elves.
Essay Topic 2
Even before Stephanie became a bounty hunter, she knew many of the Trenton Cops. Discuss Stephanie's relationship to the cops before she became a bounty hunter. Also discuss Stephanie's relationship after she became a bounty hunter. Did the relationships help or hinder Stephanie's career? Explain. How does dating a cop affect Stephanie personally and professionally?
Essay Topic 3
Diesel is vague about how he accomplishes some of his more unusual feats. All he will tell Stephanie is that he is "supernatural" or more likely, an "unmentionable." Discuss Diesel, his unmentionable status, and his real reason for being in Trenton. Also discuss Diesel's mysterious cohort Flash. Do you think Diesel is someone that will stick around or at least make frequent visits? What is the relationship between Diesel and Stephanie?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)