Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie do for a living?
2. What object does Briggs use for the attack?
3. Who does Stephanie get to confirm the stranger's appearance?
4. Diesel mocks which of the following?
5. Stephanie is criticized for avoiding which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Diesel and Stephanie see when they return to Sandy's house?
2. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
3. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
4. How does the visit to the workshop end? What is Lula's reaction?
5. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
6. What news does Randy Briggs give Stephanie? What does Stephanie do?
7. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
8. Grandma Mazur kicks up a fuss shortly before dinner. What is the problem?
9. What is the outcome of Mary Alice's Christmas crisis?
10. Lula offers to stay with Stephanie at the workshop. What is Lula's reaction when she learns about the elves? What does Lula say about the elves?
Essay Topic 1
Mary Alice, Stephanie's 7-year-old niece, is convinced she is a horse. Discuss Mary Alice's belief and the type of behavior it produces. Discuss the family's reaction to Mary Alice's play acting. How does Valerie treat the issue? Why does Mary Alice believe she is a horse? What kind of special gift does Mary Alice get for Christmas? How does Mary Alice get along with her older sister Angie?
Essay Topic 2
Diesel is vague about how he accomplishes some of his more unusual feats. All he will tell Stephanie is that he is "supernatural" or more likely, an "unmentionable." Discuss Diesel, his unmentionable status, and his real reason for being in Trenton. Also discuss Diesel's mysterious cohort Flash. Do you think Diesel is someone that will stick around or at least make frequent visits? What is the relationship between Diesel and Stephanie?
Essay Topic 3
Randy Briggs is a computer wiz and acquaintance to Stephanie. Randy and Stephanie do not particularly like each other. Why does Stephanie contact Randy about the case involving Sandy Claws? Why does Randy agree to cooperate? Why is Randy often hostile to Stephanie and others? What role does Randy play in the case?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)