|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephanie tells Joe she believes Diesel to be some kind of:
2. What is the name of the unexpected guest?
3. What unusual thing can Diesel do?
4. What is the name of the neighborhood that is home to the Plums?
5. What famous classic television show is mentioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discussed in regard to Valerie? What happens to Valerie and Albert?
2. Describe the conversation between Helen and Stephanie regarding Christmas.
3. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
4. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
5. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
6. What is the current case being worked by Stephanie? What about the case causes confusion?
7. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
8. What is the one issue that completely confounds Stephanie? What is Stephanie's opinion on the subject?
9. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
10. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sandor Clausen is also known as Sandy Claws. Discuss the character. Why is Stephanie after Sandy? Why is Sandy in trouble? Who tries to protect Sandy? Where does Sandy work? Who does he work with and what do they manufacture? How does Sandy fit into the Plum's Christmas celebration? What is the outcome of Sandy's case? Does Sandy turn himself in or is he caught by Stephanie?
Essay Topic 2
Grandma Mazur is Helen Plum's mother and Frank Plum's archenemy. Discuss Grandma Mazur and why she drives Frank crazy. Discuss Grandma's relationship with Helen, Stephanie, and Valerie. Where does Grandma like to spend her time? Why does she live with Frank and Helen? What kind of influence does Grandma have on Stephanie?
Essay Topic 3
Frank Plum is a retired postal worker that drives a cab part time to get away from Grandma Mazur. Frank is often in the background, relegated to making snide comments yet plays a strong role in the Plum home and in Stephanie's life. Create a character description for Frank Plum. Include family relationships and Frank's love of food and television.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)