|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephanie tells Joe she believes Diesel to be some kind of:
2. What is the name of Valerie's oldest daughter?
3. What is the name of Valerie's youngest daughter?
4. Briggs becomes especially angry when Diesel calls him which of the following?
5. What is the surname of the main character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie do to attempt to keep Diesel out of the line of fire from Helen and Grandma Mazur?
2. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
3. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
4. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
5. What does Diesel say when Stephanie lies about living alone?
6. Stephanie's nieces are at the Plum house. What are the nieces' names and ages? What is unique about them?
7. Discuss the scene involving Mary Alice at the dinner table. How does the little girl react?
8. What is the current case being worked by Stephanie? What about the case causes confusion?
9. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
10. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of the story revolves around Sandy's elves. Discuss the elves and their job at the factory. Discuss Randy's new job as an elf and how Stephanie gets involved in the operation. Also discuss Lula's fascination with and eventual fear of elves. Examine the scenes in which Stephanie and Lula encounter the elves.
Essay Topic 2
Randy Briggs is a computer wiz and acquaintance to Stephanie. Randy and Stephanie do not particularly like each other. Why does Stephanie contact Randy about the case involving Sandy Claws? Why does Randy agree to cooperate? Why is Randy often hostile to Stephanie and others? What role does Randy play in the case?
Essay Topic 3
Sandor Clausen is also known as Sandy Claws. Discuss the character. Why is Stephanie after Sandy? Why is Sandy in trouble? Who tries to protect Sandy? Where does Sandy work? Who does he work with and what do they manufacture? How does Sandy fit into the Plum's Christmas celebration? What is the outcome of Sandy's case? Does Sandy turn himself in or is he caught by Stephanie?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)