|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the unexpected guest?
2. What unusual thing can Diesel do?
3. What occurs as Stephanie arrives at the location?
4. Where does Stephanie meet Briggs?
5. What is the boyfriend's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Stephanie's nieces are at the Plum house. What are the nieces' names and ages? What is unique about them?
2. What is Stephanie's idea about capturing Sandy Claws? Who does Stephanie enlist to help?
3. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
4. Describe the conversation between Helen and Stephanie regarding Christmas.
5. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
6. What happens when Stephanie goes into the living room to check in on Diesel?
7. What is the one issue that completely confounds Stephanie? What is Stephanie's opinion on the subject?
8. Discuss the scene involving Mary Alice at the dinner table. How does the little girl react?
9. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
10. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sandor Clausen is also known as Sandy Claws. Discuss the character. Why is Stephanie after Sandy? Why is Sandy in trouble? Who tries to protect Sandy? Where does Sandy work? Who does he work with and what do they manufacture? How does Sandy fit into the Plum's Christmas celebration? What is the outcome of Sandy's case? Does Sandy turn himself in or is he caught by Stephanie?
Essay Topic 2
As a bounty hunter, Stephanie spends a lot of time doing surveillance. In this case, Stephanie accompanies Diesel and the pair scouts out possible locales for Ring and Sandy Claws. Discuss surveillance and why it is important to the case. Examine the things that Stephanie clearly does wrong. What is Lula's role in the surveillance arena? Is Lula helpful? Does the surveillance pay off?
Essay Topic 3
Diesel is vague about how he accomplishes some of his more unusual feats. All he will tell Stephanie is that he is "supernatural" or more likely, an "unmentionable." Discuss Diesel, his unmentionable status, and his real reason for being in Trenton. Also discuss Diesel's mysterious cohort Flash. Do you think Diesel is someone that will stick around or at least make frequent visits? What is the relationship between Diesel and Stephanie?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)