Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie do for a living?
2. What object does Briggs use for the attack?
3. Who does Stephanie get to confirm the stranger's appearance?
4. Diesel mocks which of the following?
5. Stephanie is criticized for avoiding which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Diesel and Stephanie see when they return to Sandy's house?
2. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
3. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
4. How does the visit to the workshop end? What is Lula's reaction?
5. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
6. What news does Randy Briggs give Stephanie? What does Stephanie do?
7. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
8. Grandma Mazur kicks up a fuss shortly before dinner. What is the problem?
9. What is the outcome of Mary Alice's Christmas crisis?
10. Lula offers to stay with Stephanie at the workshop. What is Lula's reaction when she learns about the elves? What does Lula say about the elves?
As a bounty hunter, Stephanie spends a lot of time doing surveillance. In this case, Stephanie accompanies Diesel and the pair scouts out possible locales for Ring and Sandy Claws. Discuss surveillance and why it is important to the case. Examine the things that Stephanie clearly does wrong. What is Lula's role in the surveillance arena? Is Lula helpful? Does the surveillance pay off?
Even before Stephanie became a bounty hunter, she knew many of the Trenton Cops. Discuss Stephanie's relationship to the cops before she became a bounty hunter. Also discuss Stephanie's relationship after she became a bounty hunter. Did the relationships help or hinder Stephanie's career? Explain. How does dating a cop affect Stephanie personally and professionally?
Stephanie and Grandma Mazur both have a wild streak and a taste for adventure. Compare and contrast Stephanie and Grandma Mazur. Which do you think has more of a wild streak? Which one holds the best record for mischief? What do the two women have in common?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)