|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephanie is afraid that Diesel will barge in while she is doing which of the following?
2. What unusual thing can Diesel do?
3. One of the girls is convinced that she is which of the following?
4. Where had Stephanie learned about the job?
5. What does the person do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
2. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
3. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
4. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
5. What does the man say when asked how he got to the apartment?
6. What is the current case being worked by Stephanie? What about the case causes confusion?
7. Discuss the scene involving Mary Alice at the dinner table. How does the little girl react?
8. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
9. What does Diesel say when Stephanie lies about living alone?
10. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even before Stephanie became a bounty hunter, she knew many of the Trenton Cops. Discuss Stephanie's relationship to the cops before she became a bounty hunter. Also discuss Stephanie's relationship after she became a bounty hunter. Did the relationships help or hinder Stephanie's career? Explain. How does dating a cop affect Stephanie personally and professionally?
Essay Topic 2
Stephanie and Grandma Mazur both have a wild streak and a taste for adventure. Compare and contrast Stephanie and Grandma Mazur. Which do you think has more of a wild streak? Which one holds the best record for mischief? What do the two women have in common?
Essay Topic 3
Diesel is vague about how he accomplishes some of his more unusual feats. All he will tell Stephanie is that he is "supernatural" or more likely, an "unmentionable." Discuss Diesel, his unmentionable status, and his real reason for being in Trenton. Also discuss Diesel's mysterious cohort Flash. Do you think Diesel is someone that will stick around or at least make frequent visits? What is the relationship between Diesel and Stephanie?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)