|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the girls is convinced that she is which of the following?
2. What politically incorrect term does Diesel use to refer to Briggs?
3. What word is best used to describe Ranger?
4. The guest makes himself comfortable where?
5. What arrives unexpectedly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
2. What happens when Stephanie goes into the living room to check in on Diesel?
3. What does Stephanie do to attempt to keep Diesel out of the line of fire from Helen and Grandma Mazur?
4. What form of protection does Stephanie use and where is it found? What is the problem with the plan?
5. Describe the conversation between Helen and Stephanie regarding Christmas.
6. Who arrives for the usual Sunday dinner at the Plum House?
7. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
8. What does Diesel say when Stephanie lies about living alone?
9. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
10. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary Alice, Stephanie's 7-year-old niece, is convinced she is a horse. Discuss Mary Alice's belief and the type of behavior it produces. Discuss the family's reaction to Mary Alice's play acting. How does Valerie treat the issue? Why does Mary Alice believe she is a horse? What kind of special gift does Mary Alice get for Christmas? How does Mary Alice get along with her older sister Angie?
Essay Topic 2
Randy Briggs is a computer wiz and acquaintance to Stephanie. Randy and Stephanie do not particularly like each other. Why does Stephanie contact Randy about the case involving Sandy Claws? Why does Randy agree to cooperate? Why is Randy often hostile to Stephanie and others? What role does Randy play in the case?
Essay Topic 3
Diesel is vague about how he accomplishes some of his more unusual feats. All he will tell Stephanie is that he is "supernatural" or more likely, an "unmentionable." Discuss Diesel, his unmentionable status, and his real reason for being in Trenton. Also discuss Diesel's mysterious cohort Flash. Do you think Diesel is someone that will stick around or at least make frequent visits? What is the relationship between Diesel and Stephanie?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)