|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stephanie meet Briggs?
2. Stephanie is criticized for avoiding which of the following?
3. What is the charge against Claws?
4. How does Diesel refer to himself?
5. What type of car does Diesel drive in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives for the usual Sunday dinner at the Plum House?
2. Describe the conversation between Helen and Stephanie regarding Christmas.
3. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
4. What happens when Stephanie goes into the living room to check in on Diesel?
5. What is the one issue that completely confounds Stephanie? What is Stephanie's opinion on the subject?
6. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
7. What is Stephanie's idea about capturing Sandy Claws? Who does Stephanie enlist to help?
8. Where does Stephanie take Diesel to dinner? Describe the location. What is the reaction of the other people at the table?
9. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
10. What does the man say when asked how he got to the apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sandor Clausen is also known as Sandy Claws. Discuss the character. Why is Stephanie after Sandy? Why is Sandy in trouble? Who tries to protect Sandy? Where does Sandy work? Who does he work with and what do they manufacture? How does Sandy fit into the Plum's Christmas celebration? What is the outcome of Sandy's case? Does Sandy turn himself in or is he caught by Stephanie?
Essay Topic 2
As a bounty hunter, Stephanie spends a lot of time doing surveillance. In this case, Stephanie accompanies Diesel and the pair scouts out possible locales for Ring and Sandy Claws. Discuss surveillance and why it is important to the case. Examine the things that Stephanie clearly does wrong. What is Lula's role in the surveillance arena? Is Lula helpful? Does the surveillance pay off?
Essay Topic 3
Frank Plum is a retired postal worker that drives a cab part time to get away from Grandma Mazur. Frank is often in the background, relegated to making snide comments yet plays a strong role in the Plum home and in Stephanie's life. Create a character description for Frank Plum. Include family relationships and Frank's love of food and television.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)