|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Briggs hit Diesel?
2. Where is Diesel sent with hopes he will stay out of trouble?
3. Stephanie tells Joe she believes Diesel to be some kind of:
4. Where had Stephanie learned about the job?
5. What is the surname of the main character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Stephanie's solution to the possible stampede?
2. What does Diesel do to surprise Stephanie the following morning?
3. What does the man say when asked how he got to the apartment?
4. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
5. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
6. What does Diesel say when Stephanie lies about living alone?
7. Explain the difference between Stephanie's and Valerie's lives.
8. What upsets Stephanie about Christmas?
9. How does the visit to the workshop end? What is Lula's reaction?
10. What does Stephanie say hoping to get rid of Diesel for the night? How does the plan backfire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even before Stephanie became a bounty hunter, she knew many of the Trenton Cops. Discuss Stephanie's relationship to the cops before she became a bounty hunter. Also discuss Stephanie's relationship after she became a bounty hunter. Did the relationships help or hinder Stephanie's career? Explain. How does dating a cop affect Stephanie personally and professionally?
Essay Topic 2
Helen Plum is a strict Catholic and devoted wife and mother. Unfortunately, Helen often finds it necessary to have a nip of whiskey on occasion. What causes Helen to reach for the whiskey bottle? Why does Helen try to hide it? Do you think she has an alcohol problem? Which two people are most likely to cause Helen to drink? Explain at least one episode in which Helen reached for the bottle to calm her nerves.
Essay Topic 3
Diesel is vague about how he accomplishes some of his more unusual feats. All he will tell Stephanie is that he is "supernatural" or more likely, an "unmentionable." Discuss Diesel, his unmentionable status, and his real reason for being in Trenton. Also discuss Diesel's mysterious cohort Flash. Do you think Diesel is someone that will stick around or at least make frequent visits? What is the relationship between Diesel and Stephanie?
This section contains 1,728 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)