|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surname of the main character?
2. The guest makes himself comfortable where?
3. What is the name of the criminal's sister?
4. Where does Briggs hit Diesel?
5. What item does Stephanie throw out into the hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
2. What happens when Stephanie goes into the living room to check in on Diesel?
3. What does Diesel say when Stephanie lies about living alone?
4. Who arrives for the usual Sunday dinner at the Plum House?
5. What does Stephanie do to try to prove Diesel is not real?
6. Describe the conversation between Helen and Stephanie regarding Christmas.
7. What is Stephanie's idea about capturing Sandy Claws? Who does Stephanie enlist to help?
8. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
9. Stephanie's nieces are at the Plum house. What are the nieces' names and ages? What is unique about them?
10. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary Alice, Stephanie's 7-year-old niece, is convinced she is a horse. Discuss Mary Alice's belief and the type of behavior it produces. Discuss the family's reaction to Mary Alice's play acting. How does Valerie treat the issue? Why does Mary Alice believe she is a horse? What kind of special gift does Mary Alice get for Christmas? How does Mary Alice get along with her older sister Angie?
Essay Topic 2
Vincent Plum is Stephanie's cousin and the owner of Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company. Discuss Vinnie and his operation. How does Vinnie operate the company? Who is the real boss of the office? Describe Vinnie's relationship to Stephanie, Lula, and Connie. Also discuss Vinnie's place in the Plum family.
Essay Topic 3
Lula proudly admits to being a former "'ho" that has taken on a job as a file clerk. Discuss Lula's new profession and how her life is still colored by her old profession. Discuss Lula's unusual way of dressing as well as her questionable work ethic. Also describe Lula's friendship with Stephanie and Connie.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)