|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Briggs becomes especially angry when Diesel calls him which of the following?
2. What color is Diesel's car?
3. What is the surname of Stephanie's grandmother?
4. What does Stephanie's boyfriend do for a living?
5. Diesel mocks which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discussed in regard to Valerie? What happens to Valerie and Albert?
2. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
3. What is the current case being worked by Stephanie? What about the case causes confusion?
4. Where does Stephanie take Diesel to dinner? Describe the location. What is the reaction of the other people at the table?
5. Stephanie's nieces are at the Plum house. What are the nieces' names and ages? What is unique about them?
6. What happens when Stephanie goes into the living room to check in on Diesel?
7. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
8. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
9. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
10. Who arrives for the usual Sunday dinner at the Plum House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frank Plum is a retired postal worker that drives a cab part time to get away from Grandma Mazur. Frank is often in the background, relegated to making snide comments yet plays a strong role in the Plum home and in Stephanie's life. Create a character description for Frank Plum. Include family relationships and Frank's love of food and television.
Essay Topic 2
Lula proudly admits to being a former "'ho" that has taken on a job as a file clerk. Discuss Lula's new profession and how her life is still colored by her old profession. Discuss Lula's unusual way of dressing as well as her questionable work ethic. Also describe Lula's friendship with Stephanie and Connie.
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie and Grandma Mazur both have a wild streak and a taste for adventure. Compare and contrast Stephanie and Grandma Mazur. Which do you think has more of a wild streak? Which one holds the best record for mischief? What do the two women have in common?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)