|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everyone torments Stephanie about which holiday?
2. What object does Briggs use for the attack?
3. What is the surname of the main character?
4. What day of the week is the dinner at the Plum house?
5. What does the person do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie do to attempt to keep Diesel out of the line of fire from Helen and Grandma Mazur?
2. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
3. What does the man say when asked how he got to the apartment?
4. What is the current case being worked by Stephanie? What about the case causes confusion?
5. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
6. What form of protection does Stephanie use and where is it found? What is the problem with the plan?
7. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
8. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
9. Stephanie's nieces are at the Plum house. What are the nieces' names and ages? What is unique about them?
10. What is Stephanie's idea about capturing Sandy Claws? Who does Stephanie enlist to help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lula proudly admits to being a former "'ho" that has taken on a job as a file clerk. Discuss Lula's new profession and how her life is still colored by her old profession. Discuss Lula's unusual way of dressing as well as her questionable work ethic. Also describe Lula's friendship with Stephanie and Connie.
Essay Topic 2
Diesel is particularly interested in apprehending a man named Ring. Who is Ring? Why does Diesel want to find him? What has the man done? What kind of things occur when Ring is in the area? Does Ring know Diesel? What is the relationship between the two men? What happens every time Diesel gets close to Ring?
Essay Topic 3
Helen Plum is a strict Catholic and devoted wife and mother. Unfortunately, Helen often finds it necessary to have a nip of whiskey on occasion. What causes Helen to reach for the whiskey bottle? Why does Helen try to hide it? Do you think she has an alcohol problem? Which two people are most likely to cause Helen to drink? Explain at least one episode in which Helen reached for the bottle to calm her nerves.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)