|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the guest's hair?
2. What word is best used to describe Ranger?
3. What occurs as Stephanie arrives at the location?
4. What is the name of Valerie's oldest daughter?
5. What item does Stephanie throw out into the hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Helen and Stephanie regarding Christmas.
2. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
3. What is discussed in regard to Valerie? What happens to Valerie and Albert?
4. Who arrives for the usual Sunday dinner at the Plum House?
5. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
6. What form of protection does Stephanie use and where is it found? What is the problem with the plan?
7. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
8. What is the current case being worked by Stephanie? What about the case causes confusion?
9. What does Diesel say when Stephanie lies about living alone?
10. What is the one issue that completely confounds Stephanie? What is Stephanie's opinion on the subject?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephanie Plum has several men in her life. In this particular story two of those men play smaller roles than usual due to hectic schedules. In their place, at least temporarily, is Diesel. Discuss the men in Stephanie's life. Compare and contrast Diesel, Joe Morelli, and Ranger.
Essay Topic 2
Connie Rosolli is the office manager at Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company. Discuss Connie's role in the story. What is the relationship between Connie and Stephanie? How does the author describe Connie? What kind of duties does Connie have at the bonds office? How does Vinnie view Connie? How does Connie get involved in the apprehension of the fugitives?
Essay Topic 3
The Plums live in the Chambersburg section of Trenton, NJ. The neighborhood is fondly referred to as "the 'Burg" to its residents, most of which are Italian or Hungarian. Stephanie Plum is half of each ethnicity. Discuss ethnic neighborhoods and how they differ from mixed neighborhoods. Also discuss the strong sense of community ingrained in the 'Burg and its people.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)