|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephanie's explanation of the case finally causes Briggs to:
2. Stephanie attempts to tell Diesel that she does not:
3. What is the first name of Valerie's boyfriend?
4. Where does Stephanie meet Briggs?
5. The job was advertising for a position as a(n):
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Helen and Stephanie regarding Christmas.
2. Stephanie goes to her parents' house and arrives in the middle of a problem. What is the problem and who does it involve?
3. What is the one issue that completely confounds Stephanie? What is Stephanie's opinion on the subject?
4. What is Stephanie's first reaction to the news? What is Helen's response?
5. What previous effort has Diesel made to find Ring? What was the result?
6. Stephanie's mother calls in hysterics. What has happened to cause Helen to be so upset?
7. Who does Stephanie call to get information on Sandy Claws? How does she intend to get it?
8. Who calls Stephanie? What does Stephanie end up doing instead of working with Diesel?
9. What news does Valerie deliver to Stephanie? Is the news accurate?
10. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lula proudly admits to being a former "'ho" that has taken on a job as a file clerk. Discuss Lula's new profession and how her life is still colored by her old profession. Discuss Lula's unusual way of dressing as well as her questionable work ethic. Also describe Lula's friendship with Stephanie and Connie.
Essay Topic 2
Randy Briggs is a computer wiz and acquaintance to Stephanie. Randy and Stephanie do not particularly like each other. Why does Stephanie contact Randy about the case involving Sandy Claws? Why does Randy agree to cooperate? Why is Randy often hostile to Stephanie and others? What role does Randy play in the case?
Essay Topic 3
Frank Plum is a retired postal worker that drives a cab part time to get away from Grandma Mazur. Frank is often in the background, relegated to making snide comments yet plays a strong role in the Plum home and in Stephanie's life. Create a character description for Frank Plum. Include family relationships and Frank's love of food and television.
This section contains 1,792 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)