|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Stephanie's target?
2. What is the first name of Valerie's boyfriend?
3. What is the name of Stephanie's mentor?
4. What does Briggs do when Stephanie calls?
5. What does Stephanie think about when the stranger arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene involving Mary Alice at the dinner table. How does the little girl react?
2. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
3. What does Diesel say when Stephanie lies about living alone?
4. What is the one issue that completely confounds Stephanie? What is Stephanie's opinion on the subject?
5. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
6. Where does Stephanie take Diesel to dinner? Describe the location. What is the reaction of the other people at the table?
7. What does Stephanie do to attempt to keep Diesel out of the line of fire from Helen and Grandma Mazur?
8. What form of protection does Stephanie use and where is it found? What is the problem with the plan?
9. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
10. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vincent Plum is Stephanie's cousin and the owner of Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company. Discuss Vinnie and his operation. How does Vinnie operate the company? Who is the real boss of the office? Describe Vinnie's relationship to Stephanie, Lula, and Connie. Also discuss Vinnie's place in the Plum family.
Essay Topic 2
Randy Briggs is a computer wiz and acquaintance to Stephanie. Randy and Stephanie do not particularly like each other. Why does Stephanie contact Randy about the case involving Sandy Claws? Why does Randy agree to cooperate? Why is Randy often hostile to Stephanie and others? What role does Randy play in the case?
Essay Topic 3
Helen Plum is a strict Catholic and devoted wife and mother. Unfortunately, Helen often finds it necessary to have a nip of whiskey on occasion. What causes Helen to reach for the whiskey bottle? Why does Helen try to hide it? Do you think she has an alcohol problem? Which two people are most likely to cause Helen to drink? Explain at least one episode in which Helen reached for the bottle to calm her nerves.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)