|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of Valerie's boyfriend?
2. What is the surname of Stephanie's boyfriend?
3. What does Stephanie think about when the stranger arrives?
4. What is the sister doing when Stephanie arrives?
5. What is the name of the criminal's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
2. What is discussed in regard to Valerie? What happens to Valerie and Albert?
3. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
4. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
5. What is the current case being worked by Stephanie? What about the case causes confusion?
6. Who arrives for the usual Sunday dinner at the Plum House?
7. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
8. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
9. What is Stephanie's idea about capturing Sandy Claws? Who does Stephanie enlist to help?
10. What does the man say when asked how he got to the apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frank Plum is a retired postal worker that drives a cab part time to get away from Grandma Mazur. Frank is often in the background, relegated to making snide comments yet plays a strong role in the Plum home and in Stephanie's life. Create a character description for Frank Plum. Include family relationships and Frank's love of food and television.
Essay Topic 2
Mary Alice, Stephanie's 7-year-old niece, is convinced she is a horse. Discuss Mary Alice's belief and the type of behavior it produces. Discuss the family's reaction to Mary Alice's play acting. How does Valerie treat the issue? Why does Mary Alice believe she is a horse? What kind of special gift does Mary Alice get for Christmas? How does Mary Alice get along with her older sister Angie?
Essay Topic 3
Vincent Plum is Stephanie's cousin and the owner of Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company. Discuss Vinnie and his operation. How does Vinnie operate the company? Who is the real boss of the office? Describe Vinnie's relationship to Stephanie, Lula, and Connie. Also discuss Vinnie's place in the Plum family.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)