|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephanie's explanation of the case finally causes Briggs to:
2. Stephanie tells Joe she believes Diesel to be some kind of:
3. What object does Briggs use for the attack?
4. Where does Stephanie meet Briggs?
5. One of the girls is convinced that she is which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
2. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
3. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
4. What does Stephanie do to try to prove Diesel is not real?
5. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
6. Who arrives for the usual Sunday dinner at the Plum House?
7. What does Diesel say when Stephanie lies about living alone?
8. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
9. What happens when Stephanie goes into the living room to check in on Diesel?
10. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephanie and Grandma Mazur both have a wild streak and a taste for adventure. Compare and contrast Stephanie and Grandma Mazur. Which do you think has more of a wild streak? Which one holds the best record for mischief? What do the two women have in common?
Essay Topic 2
Even before Stephanie became a bounty hunter, she knew many of the Trenton Cops. Discuss Stephanie's relationship to the cops before she became a bounty hunter. Also discuss Stephanie's relationship after she became a bounty hunter. Did the relationships help or hinder Stephanie's career? Explain. How does dating a cop affect Stephanie personally and professionally?
Essay Topic 3
Diesel is vague about how he accomplishes some of his more unusual feats. All he will tell Stephanie is that he is "supernatural" or more likely, an "unmentionable." Discuss Diesel, his unmentionable status, and his real reason for being in Trenton. Also discuss Diesel's mysterious cohort Flash. Do you think Diesel is someone that will stick around or at least make frequent visits? What is the relationship between Diesel and Stephanie?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)