Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie do for a living?
2. What object does Briggs use for the attack?
3. Who does Stephanie get to confirm the stranger's appearance?
4. Diesel mocks which of the following?
5. Stephanie is criticized for avoiding which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Diesel and Stephanie see when they return to Sandy's house?
2. What does Stephanie say to Joe in regards to Diesel? What does Joe say?
3. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
4. How does the visit to the workshop end? What is Lula's reaction?
5. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
6. What news does Randy Briggs give Stephanie? What does Stephanie do?
7. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
8. Grandma Mazur kicks up a fuss shortly before dinner. What is the problem?
9. What is the outcome of Mary Alice's Christmas crisis?
10. Lula offers to stay with Stephanie at the workshop. What is Lula's reaction when she learns about the elves? What does Lula say about the elves?
Essay Topic 1
Lula proudly admits to being a former "'ho" that has taken on a job as a file clerk. Discuss Lula's new profession and how her life is still colored by her old profession. Discuss Lula's unusual way of dressing as well as her questionable work ethic. Also describe Lula's friendship with Stephanie and Connie.
Essay Topic 2
Diesel is particularly interested in apprehending a man named Ring. Who is Ring? Why does Diesel want to find him? What has the man done? What kind of things occur when Ring is in the area? Does Ring know Diesel? What is the relationship between the two men? What happens every time Diesel gets close to Ring?
Essay Topic 3
Even before Stephanie became a bounty hunter, she knew many of the Trenton Cops. Discuss Stephanie's relationship to the cops before she became a bounty hunter. Also discuss Stephanie's relationship after she became a bounty hunter. Did the relationships help or hinder Stephanie's career? Explain. How does dating a cop affect Stephanie personally and professionally?
This section contains 1,805 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)