|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valerie's boyfriend react to the idea?
2. What is the name of the city in which Stephanie lives?
3. What is the name of the neighborhood that is home to the Plums?
4. What does Stephanie's boyfriend do for a living?
5. What does the person do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene involving Mary Alice at the dinner table. How does the little girl react?
2. What does Stephanie do to try to prove Diesel is not real?
3. What is the one issue that completely confounds Stephanie? What is Stephanie's opinion on the subject?
4. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
5. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
6. What does Diesel say when Stephanie lies about living alone?
7. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
8. What is Stephanie's idea about capturing Sandy Claws? Who does Stephanie enlist to help?
9. What does the man say when asked how he got to the apartment?
10. Describe the conversation between Helen and Stephanie regarding Christmas.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vincent Plum is Stephanie's cousin and the owner of Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company. Discuss Vinnie and his operation. How does Vinnie operate the company? Who is the real boss of the office? Describe Vinnie's relationship to Stephanie, Lula, and Connie. Also discuss Vinnie's place in the Plum family.
Essay Topic 2
Stephanie is known for getting into trouble in virtually any kind of situation. Ranger, Stephanie's mentor and friend, makes it a point to watch out for Stephanie at all times. Examine how and why Ranger keeps such close tabs on Stephanie. What tools does Ranger use to keep tabs on Stephanie? Who often helps Ranger? How does Ranger always seem to know if Stephanie is in danger? What special gifts does Ranger have in this area?
Essay Topic 3
Helen Plum is a strict Catholic and devoted wife and mother. Unfortunately, Helen often finds it necessary to have a nip of whiskey on occasion. What causes Helen to reach for the whiskey bottle? Why does Helen try to hide it? Do you think she has an alcohol problem? Which two people are most likely to cause Helen to drink? Explain at least one episode in which Helen reached for the bottle to calm her nerves.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)