|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the character doing in the beginning of the story?
(c) Drinking coffee.
(d) Taking a shower.
2. Who does Stephanie get to confirm the stranger's appearance?
3. What is Stephanie wearing when the guest arrives?
(b) Halloween costume.
4. Stephanie tells Joe she believes Diesel to be some kind of:
(a) Serial criminal.
5. What type of car does Diesel drive in this chapter?
(d) Aston Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Stephanie's target?
2. What is the first name of Valerie's boyfriend?
3. Where does Stephanie meet Briggs?
4. What is the name of the person Stephanie goes to for help with the case?
5. What is the first setting used in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discussed in regard to Valerie? What happens to Valerie and Albert?
2. Discuss the scene involving Mary Alice at the dinner table. How does the little girl react?
3. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
4. What is Joe's reaction when he sees Diesel for the first time? The scene is related to what animal?
5. What does the man say when asked how he got to the apartment?
6. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
7. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
8. Stephanie's nieces are at the Plum house. What are the nieces' names and ages? What is unique about them?
9. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
10. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)