|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first setting used in the book?
2. What does Stephanie think about when the stranger arrives?
(c) Calling 911.
(d) Movie star.
3. What is the surname of Stephanie's grandmother?
4. What about Valerie causes the family to worry?
(a) She keeps crying.
(b) She won't eat.
(c) She works too much.
(d) She falls asleep.
5. What day of the week is the dinner at the Plum house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the unexpected guest?
2. How does Valerie's boyfriend react to the idea?
3. Where had Stephanie learned about the job?
4. What occurs as Stephanie arrives at the location?
5. Who suggests a possible reason for the problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discussed in regard to Valerie? What happens to Valerie and Albert?
2. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
3. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
4. What is Stephanie's idea about capturing Sandy Claws? Who does Stephanie enlist to help?
5. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
6. What is the problem with the person in the case? What must Stephanie do?
7. Where does Stephanie take Diesel to dinner? Describe the location. What is the reaction of the other people at the table?
8. Describe the conversation between Helen and Stephanie regarding Christmas.
9. What does Stephanie do to attempt to keep Diesel out of the line of fire from Helen and Grandma Mazur?
10. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)