|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange occurrence has been happening all over town?
(a) Missing dogs.
(b) Hail storms.
(c) Small earthquakes.
2. What is the surname of Stephanie's grandmother?
3. What does Stephanie do for a living?
(a) Button factory worker.
(c) Bounty hunter.
(d) Church worker.
4. What is the name of Stephanie's mentor?
5. What about Valerie causes the family to worry?
(a) She won't eat.
(b) She works too much.
(c) She falls asleep.
(d) She keeps crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first setting used in the book?
2. What is the name of the criminal's sister?
3. What does Briggs do when Stephanie calls?
4. Briggs becomes especially angry when Diesel calls him which of the following?
5. Stephanie's explanation of the case finally causes Briggs to:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Diesel get back into the apartment after Stephanie locks the door?
2. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
3. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
4. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
5. What does Stephanie do to try to prove Diesel is not real?
6. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
7. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
8. Stephanie's nieces are at the Plum house. What are the nieces' names and ages? What is unique about them?
9. What does the man say when asked how he got to the apartment?
10. What happens when Stephanie goes into the living room to check in on Diesel?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)