|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange occurrence has been happening all over town?
(a) Hail storms.
(b) Missing dogs.
(d) Small earthquakes.
2. What arrives unexpectedly?
3. What adjective does Mary Alice use to describe Christmas?
4. Where does Stephanie keep her gun?
(a) Cookie jar.
(b) Sock drawer.
5. What day of the week is the dinner at the Plum house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie think about when the stranger arrives?
2. What about Valerie causes the family to worry?
3. Stephanie attempts to tell Diesel that she does not:
4. Briggs becomes especially angry when Diesel calls him which of the following?
5. What is the first setting used in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the opening scene of the book? Who are the characters?
2. What happens to Diesel? When and why does he return?
3. What does Stephanie do once she realizes Diesel is not going to leave?
4. What does Stephanie do to try to get rid of Diesel?
5. What does Stephanie do to try to prove Diesel is not real?
6. Describe at least some of the conversation had in the kitchen with Stephanie, Grandma Mazur and Helen.
7. Discuss the scene involving Mary Alice at the dinner table. How does the little girl react?
8. What is the current case being worked by Stephanie? What about the case causes confusion?
9. What does Stephanie do to attempt to keep Diesel out of the line of fire from Helen and Grandma Mazur?
10. What is the one issue that completely confounds Stephanie? What is Stephanie's opinion on the subject?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)