|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city in which Stephanie lives?
(c) New York.
2. What arrives unexpectedly?
3. The job was advertising for a position as a(n):
(a) Assistant toy maker.
(b) Button factory worker.
(c) Assistant Manager.
(d) Bounty Hunter.
4. Stephanie's explanation of the case finally causes Briggs to:
(b) Throw her out.
(d) Call the police.
5. What is the name of the local funeral home?
6. What famous classic television show is mentioned?
(b) Happy Days.
(c) Star Trek.
(d) I Love Lucy.
7. What does the person do for a living?
(b) Computer geek.
(c) Funeral director.
(d) Apartment manager.
8. What is the surname of the main character?
9. What object does Briggs use for the attack?
(a) Soup ladle.
10. Everyone torments Stephanie about which holiday?
(a) Fourth of July.
11. Stephanie attempts to tell Diesel that she does not:
(a) Have a gun.
(b) Live alone.
(c) Chase criminals.
(d) Have a job.
12. Mary Alice gets yelled at because she wants to do which one of the following?
(b) Play with dolls at the table.
(c) Talk on the phone.
(d) Eat the Christmas cookies.
13. What is the character doing in the beginning of the story?
(b) Drinking coffee.
(d) Taking a shower.
14. What is the first setting used in the book?
15. What does Stephanie do for a living?
(a) Button factory worker.
(b) Bounty hunter.
(d) Church worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephanie get to confirm the stranger's appearance?
2. What occurs as Stephanie arrives at the location?
3. What strange occurrence has been happening all over town?
4. What is the name of Valerie's oldest daughter?
5. Where is Diesel sent with hopes he will stay out of trouble?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)