Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does fascism originate?
2. What does Bataille say scientists said about the dialectic?
3. What does Bataille use as evidence of his position on dialectics?
4. What does Bataille say Nietzsche questions?
5. Under whom does fascism unite society, in Bataille's account?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Bataille a sacrificial victim? Analyze his essays where sacrifices appear, in addition to the essays where he talks about his role as an author, and describe him as either the sacrificing priest or the sacrificial victim himself.
Essay Topic 2
How has the importance of obscenity in literature changed since Bataille's time? Research the reactions to Bataille and to other writers who used disorienting or profane language during Bataille's time, and describe the changes that have taken place in readers' response to obscene or profane or sacrilegious material.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Bataille's political stance. What parties did he support in his day? What parties or policies would he likely support today?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)