|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does fascism originate?
2. What does Bataille say scientists said about the dialectic?
3. What does Bataille use as evidence of his position on dialectics?
4. What does Bataille say Nietzsche questions?
5. Under whom does fascism unite society, in Bataille's account?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Bataille a sacrificial victim? Analyze his essays where sacrifices appear, in addition to the essays where he talks about his role as an author, and describe him as either the sacrificing priest or the sacrificial victim himself.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Bataille's opposition to dialectics. Is he consistent with his own anti-dialectic stance in his writing? Identify the places where Bataille's writing is most successful in opposing dialectics.
Essay Topic 3
Bataille is often revolutionary in his claims and expressions. What would a Bataille revolution look like? Would there be leaders, or would it be anarchy? Based on the text, speculate on the outcome of a revolution based on Bataille's work.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)