Mid-Book Test (up to Section I (1927-1930))
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
2. How should materialism be disclaimed, in "Materialism"?
3. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
4. What does the other self-mutilator (besides Van Gogh) do in "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh"?
5. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. How does self-mutilation in "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh"...
This section contains 1,010 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)