|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What value does money articulate for workers?
(a) The value of their ideas.
(b) The value of what they produce.
(c) The value of their status.
(d) The value of their personal worth.
2. What did fascism use Nietzsche's writing to oppose?
(b) The view of the past being taught in German schools.
(c) The policies of Daladier.
(d) The current political system.
3. What approaches to Hegel's philosophy did Nicolai Hartmann compare?
(a) Feminist and modernist.
(b) Historical and philosophical.
(c) Practical and theoretical.
(d) Verbal and reality-based.
4. What does Baumler call revolution?
(a) Social engineering.
(b) Rebellion against modernity.
(c) Renewal of the past.
(d) Awareness of the future.
5. What was Mussolini's relationship with Nietzsche?
(a) He refuted his arguments.
(b) He did not cite his influence on fascism.
(c) He named him as one of his inspirations.
(d) He claimed him as an ancestor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say is the contradiction in Christians worshiping God?
2. What does Bataille say is analogous to the maternal breast?
3. Which of the following is one of the directions recomposition of society can take?
4. How does bourgeois society enslave and degrade poor men, in Bataille's opinion?
5. What did Bataille and Andre Masson dream about as Bataille was writing "The Labyrinth"?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)