|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say Nietzsche questions?
(a) How a people's spirit can be expressed.
(b) How an ideology can be invented.
(c) How an ideal can be discovered in the past.
(d) How a people's technology can be fulfilled.
2. What does Bataille say is the only virtue for fascists?
3. What tone did Andre Masson establish in his drawings?
4. What did professor Hartmann dispute about the treatment of the Marx/Hegel dialectic?
(a) He objects that it is based on pseudo-science.
(b) He objects that it is not a law of reality.
(c) He objects that it is only applicable in certain cases.
(d) He objects that it is not grounded in political science.
5. What feeling does Bataille say grows in response to revolutionaries?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say man demanded of the earth?
2. When does being become undefined, according to Bataille?
3. What did Bataille and Andre Masson dream about as Bataille was writing "The Labyrinth"?
4. What are the two classes Bataille divides consumption into?
5. What is classical utility theory inadequate to define, in Bataille's opinion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the theory of conspicuous consumption.
2. When does Bataille date the origin of the Popular Front to?
3. What will cause the death and resurrection of God, in Bataille's account in "Propositions"?
4. What is the difference between homogeneous and heterogeneous culture as Bataille defines them in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
5. How does a man find himself in "The Labyrinth"?
6. How do Fascists define God, in Bataille's account in "Propositions"?
7. What is fascism's relationship with homo- and heterogeneity?
8. How does Bataille describe the individual in "The College of Sociology"?
9. How does Bataille reconcile the opposition between self and world in "Sacrifices"?
10. What pattern for self-discovery does Bataille offer in "The Sacred"?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)