|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the question of 'what exists compared to what appears' resolved, in "Sacrifices"?
(a) By unraveling the mystery of language.
(b) By accepting the duality of latent and manifest action.
(c) By moving beyond questions of present and past.
(d) By answering what is required to exist for moral value.
2. How do men express their 'being', in "The Labyrinth"?
(a) By accepting the duality of their nature.
(b) By rebelling against themselves constantly.
(c) By struggling for unreachable satisfactions.
(d) By attaining their goals.
3. What does Bataille describe as the result of individuals asking critical questions, in "Nietzschean Chronicle"?
(a) Religious persecution.
(b) The emergence of civilization.
(c) The development of high society.
(d) Decomposition of civilization.
4. What does Bataille say Nietzsche questions?
(a) How a people's technology can be fulfilled.
(b) How an ideal can be discovered in the past.
(c) How an ideology can be invented.
(d) How a people's spirit can be expressed.
5. What does Bataille say pyramids ensure?
(a) Limitless sky on earth.
(b) The eternally egalitarian nature of death.
(c) Eternal life.
(d) Glory for the monarchs inside them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two forms of heterogeneity Bataille introduces in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. What was the essay "Sacrifices" used as?
3. What tone did Andre Masson establish in his drawings?
4. What does Bataille say the world offers modern man to love?
5. When does an obelisk cease to be meaningful?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)