|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elisabeth Judas-Forster?
(a) Nietzsche's sister.
(b) A critic of Bataille's.
(c) Bataille's girlfriend.
(d) Andre Masson's lover.
2. Whom does Bataille say can never touch the reality of earth?
(b) Those who exploit the earth for profit.
(d) Those who do not understand it.
3. What feeling does Bataille say grows in response to revolutionaries?
4. What type of men's 'being' does Bataille compare in "The Labyrinth"?
(a) An important man and a wanderer.
(b) A man and a woman.
(c) A worker and a store-keeper.
(d) A worker and a sovereign.
5. How is the question of 'what exists compared to what appears' resolved, in "Sacrifices"?
(a) By answering what is required to exist for moral value.
(b) By accepting the duality of latent and manifest action.
(c) By unraveling the mystery of language.
(d) By moving beyond questions of present and past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say the world offers modern man to love?
2. What does Bataille say money measures, in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
3. What does Bataille describe in "The Critique of the Foundations of the Hegelian Dialectic"?
4. What does Bataille say man demanded of the earth?
5. What does Bataille use as evidence of his position on dialectics?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)