|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when political action leads to nothing, in "The Sacred Conspiracy"?
(a) New political parties will form.
(b) The people will revolt.
(c) The government will dissolve.
(d) Enthusiasm meets a void.
2. What was the essay "Sacrifices" used as?
(a) As a preface.
(b) A review.
(c) A personal essay.
(d) A criticism.
3. When does being become undefined, according to Bataille?
(a) When it is drawn from imagination.
(b) When it is projected on an unworthy object.
(c) When it is projected beyond itself.
(d) When it is discovered in another.
4. What did professor Hartmann dispute about the treatment of the Marx/Hegel dialectic?
(a) He objects that it is not a law of reality.
(b) He objects that it is only applicable in certain cases.
(c) He objects that it is not grounded in political science.
(d) He objects that it is based on pseudo-science.
5. Where did Engels look for examples to test the dialectic method of Marx and Hegel?
(b) Lived experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the image of the labyrinth in the "The Labyrinth"?
2. What value does money articulate for workers?
3. What does Bataille say is the only religion for fascists?
4. What does Bataille say profit leads to, in "The Labyrinth"?
5. What does Bataille say Nietzschean pride comes from?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)