|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
2. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
(a) Affirming the position of the rich.
(b) Devaluing the trappings of wealth.
(c) Attacking the inequalities in the economy.
(d) Destroying the foundation of wealth.
3. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(b) Medieval librarian.
(c) Renaissance art critic.
4. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By running away from home.
(b) By becoming a Protestant.
(c) By taking lovers.
(d) By quitting school.
5. What relationship between events and things is Bataille describing in "The Solar Anus"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. What was Nietzsche's life dominated by, in Bataille's account?
3. What does Bataille say profit leads to, in "The Labyrinth"?
4. What movement does Bataille say in "The Sacred" was heir to Vincent Van Gogh and Rimbaud?
5. What creatures' 'being' does Bataille compare in "The Labyrinth"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)