|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
(a) Attacking the inequalities in the economy.
(b) Devaluing the trappings of wealth.
(c) Affirming the position of the rich.
(d) Destroying the foundation of wealth.
2. What does Bataille say about the knife whose handle and blade are changed indefinitely?
(a) It partakes of the eternal form of knife-ness.
(b) It is a capitalist knife, with its value in its use alone.
(c) It is no longer the same knife.
(d) It is a modern knife, with replaceable parts.
3. What does homogeneity depend on?
(a) A productive system.
(b) Owners keeping the workers down.
(c) Continual revolution.
(d) Workers owning the means of production.
4. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
5. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
(a) It pacifies the proletariat.
(b) It prevents revolution.
(c) It animates class struggle.
(d) It results from revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say dominates history in "Popular Front in the Street"?
2. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
3. Which of the following is one of the directions recomposition of society can take?
4. What does Bataille describe as the only truly liberating act?
5. What does Bataille say about meaning in "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)