|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Bataille's writing.
(b) Anarchistic literature.
(c) Surrealist writing.
(d) Fascist rants.
2. What does Bataille say pyramids ensure?
(a) Eternal life.
(b) Limitless sky on earth.
(c) The eternally egalitarian nature of death.
(d) Glory for the monarchs inside them.
3. What was Nietzsche's relationship with fascism, in Bataille's account?
(a) He claimed to be a prophet of a culture of power.
(b) He was active in support of it.
(c) He was active in opposition to it.
(d) He was opposed to political parties.
4. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Obsession with priests.
(b) Oedipal terror.
(c) Homoerotic terror.
(d) Obsession with excrement.
5. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) As consumptive phases.
(b) As excretory phases.
(c) As primitive phases.
(d) As revolutionary phases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whom does fascism unite society, in Bataille's account?
2. How long does Bataille ride his bicycle for in "[Dream]"?
3. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
4. What feeling does Bataille exaggerate in "The Lugubrious Game"?
5. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)