|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say profit leads to, in "The Labyrinth"?
2. What does Bataille say surrealism is, in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
(a) A reaction against childhood idealism.
(b) A childhood sickness of materialism.
(c) A form of world-weariness.
(d) A surplus of idealism.
3. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By becoming a Protestant.
(b) By quitting school.
(c) By taking lovers.
(d) By running away from home.
4. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
5. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
(a) Secret society.
(b) Community organizers.
(c) Literature brotherhood.
(d) Political underground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
2. What does Bataille say money measures, in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
3. What does Bataille say man demanded of the earth?
4. What circumstances must be in place for the science function to be served, in Bataille's account in "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"?
5. What relationship between events and things is Bataille describing in "The Solar Anus"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)