|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did fascists see Nietzsche?
(a) As a primary ancestor.
(b) As a martyr.
(c) As a traitor.
(d) As a prosecutor.
2. What does Bataille say is the only religion for fascists?
3. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The aristocrats.
(b) The ignoble workers.
(c) The middle class merchant.
(d) The Jews.
4. Why was Bataille annoyed while riding his bicycle?
(a) The schoolyard was fenced in.
(b) The sand was slushy with high tide.
(c) The house was too small for his turns.
(d) The pavement was broken up by streetcar tracks.
5. What does Bataille say about monsters in "The Deviations of Nature"?
(a) That they are necessary to keep people in line.
(b) That they represent the opposite of geometric regularity of form.
(c) That they are projections out of the ugliest part of humanity.
(d) That they are the best place to gain insight into people's feelings about themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
2. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
3. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
4. What did Bataille and Andre Masson dream about as Bataille was writing "The Labyrinth"?
5. What did fascism use Nietzsche's writing to oppose?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)