|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
(a) Community organizers.
(b) Secret society.
(c) Literature brotherhood.
(d) Political underground.
2. What does Bataille say poor people cannot stop rich people from doing?
(a) Helping the poor.
(b) Wasting resources.
(c) Eluding prosecution for crimes.
(d) Buying influence.
3. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
(a) It animates class struggle.
(b) It results from revolution.
(c) It pacifies the proletariat.
(d) It prevents revolution.
4. What does Bataille say pyramids ensure?
(a) The eternally egalitarian nature of death.
(b) Limitless sky on earth.
(c) Glory for the monarchs inside them.
(d) Eternal life.
5. What did Bataille and Andre Masson dream about as Bataille was writing "The Labyrinth"?
(a) A dream they were expressing in drawings.
(b) A dream they could not own.
(c) An obscene dream they could never publish.
(d) A dream they were setting to music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
2. Who is Elisabeth Judas-Forster?
3. How does Bataille describe his work?
4. What does Bataille say Nietzsche questions?
5. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)