|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille define as a way to humiliate, defy, or obligate a poorer person as a show of destruction of wealth?
(b) Government subsidies.
(c) Public Assistance.
2. Whom does Bataille say can never touch the reality of earth?
(b) Those who do not understand it.
(d) Those who exploit the earth for profit.
3. What aspect of the Marx/Hegel dialectic did professor Hartmann test?
(c) Descriptive accuracy.
(d) Diagnostic accuracy.
4. Where does fascism originate?
(a) Among the rich who are threatened by an outside group.
(b) Among the poor who have nothing to establish power.
(c) Among the workers who seize control of the means of production.
(d) Among the middle classes who want to control the proletariat.
5. Where was Bataille born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
2. Which of the following does Bataille NOT use as an example of unproductive expenditure without value beyond itself?
3. What does Bataille say about the knife whose handle and blade are changed indefinitely?
4. What did Bataille and Andre Masson dream about as Bataille was writing "The Labyrinth"?
5. What did Breton call Bataille?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)