|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He fled the Germans.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He died.
2. What did fascism use Nietzsche's writing to oppose?
(a) The view of the past being taught in German schools.
(c) The current political system.
(d) The policies of Daladier.
3. What relationship between events and things is Bataille describing in "The Solar Anus"?
4. What approaches to Hegel's philosophy did Nicolai Hartmann compare?
(a) Verbal and reality-based.
(b) Practical and theoretical.
(c) Historical and philosophical.
(d) Feminist and modernist.
5. How did Bataille relate to Andre Masson's drawings?
(a) He saw himself as the sick man.
(b) He saw himself as the entire cosmos.
(c) He saw himself as the lines and the paper themselves.
(d) He saw himself as the self in flight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
2. What did Engels work for eight years to develop, but ultimately disavow?
3. What was Mussolini's relationship with Nietzsche?
4. What does Bataille say poor people cannot stop rich people from doing?
5. What does Bataille say democracy is based on?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)