|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By taking lovers.
(b) By quitting school.
(c) By becoming a Protestant.
(d) By running away from home.
2. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
(b) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
(c) Depressed and alcoholic.
(d) Financially secure.
3. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Rank.
(b) Dr. Dausse.
(c) Dr. Jung.
(d) Dr. Adler.
4. What does Bataille say man demanded of the earth?
(b) Necessity above the universe.
(c) Consolation below the earth.
(d) Productivity on the earth.
5. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
2. When was George Bataille born?
3. What does Bataille say coitus is associated with, in "The Solar Anus"?
4. What does Bataille say democracy is based on?
5. What was Nietzsche's life dominated by, in Bataille's account?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)