|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
2. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
(a) Trying to bite.
(b) Eating each other.
(d) Eating garbage.
3. What does Bataille say profit leads to, in "The Labyrinth"?
4. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
(a) To annihilate the idea of God.
(b) To recreate the myth of God.
(c) To kill God.
(d) To come into contact with God in men.
5. What does Bataille say is the only virtue for fascists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bataille born?
2. Why is classical utility theory inadequate, in Bataille's opinion?
3. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
4. What does the mole stand for in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
5. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)