|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(b) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
(c) El Prado in Spain.
(d) The National Gallery in London.
2. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) As consumptive phases.
(b) As excretory phases.
(c) As primitive phases.
(d) As revolutionary phases.
3. What does the other self-mutilator (besides Van Gogh) do in "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh"?
(a) Cut off his hand.
(b) Drink his own blood.
(c) Bite off his finger.
(d) Put out his eye.
4. What does the mole stand for in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
5. What does Bataille say is analogous to the maternal breast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say democracy is based on?
2. What is the significance of the obelisk in "The Obelisk"?
3. Where did "[Dream]" originate?
4. What did Bataille write while he was working?
5. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)