|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Jung.
(b) Dr. Dausse.
(c) Dr. Rank.
(d) Dr. Adler.
2. How does Bataille describe the mandrake root?
3. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
(a) Breton's friends excommunicated Bataille from the surrealist circles.
(b) Breton ruined Bataille in revenge.
(c) Breton might have promoted it.
(d) Bataille lost friends over the gratuitous attack.
4. What does Bataille say is the only religion for fascists?
5. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
(a) Opposite images are contrasted.
(b) The images are distorted beyond recognition.
(c) Images are piled on, one after another.
(d) Layers of each image are stripped away until the essential truth is apparent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
2. Why is classical utility theory inadequate, in Bataille's opinion?
3. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
4. Where did "[Dream]" originate?
5. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)