|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was George Bataille born?
2. What creatures' 'being' does Bataille compare in "The Labyrinth"?
(a) Snake and sponge.
(b) Dog and sponge.
(c) Man and dog.
(d) Bird and dog.
3. What tone did Andre Masson establish in his drawings?
4. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
5. What does the mole stand for in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
2. What flower is Marquis de Sade plucking petals off, at the end of "The Language of Flowers"?
3. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
4. What does Baumler call revolution?
5. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)