|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say profit leads to, in "The Labyrinth"?
2. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
(c) Humiliating and painful.
(d) Terrible and magnificent.
3. How did Andre Masson establish the tone of his book of drawings?
(a) With a drawing of a prostitute.
(b) With a drawing of God parting the clouds in judgment.
(c) With a drawing of an acephalic man.
(d) With a drawing of a syphilis cell.
4. What does Bataille say his father looked like in "[Dream]"?
(a) A star.
(b) A house.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A toad.
5. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) He mocks Marx and Engels for their idealism.
(b) He criticizes the Oversoul as a childish fantasy.
(c) He demonstrated why dialectical materialism is inevitable.
(d) He frees dialectical negation from Engels' mechanical abstraction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say dominates history in "Popular Front in the Street"?
2. Under whom does fascism unite society, in Bataille's account?
3. What was the purpose of the Popular Front, in Bataille's account?
4. What principles does Bataille say men associate with the feet in "The Big Toe"?
5. When was "Acephale" published?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)