|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flower is Marquis de Sade plucking petals off, at the end of "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) A carnation.
(b) A lily.
(c) A rose.
(d) A daisy.
2. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
(a) He said he could not escape from the logic of fascism.
(b) He said he had an indomitable democratic streak.
(c) He said he worshiped the masses.
(d) He said he had a paradoxical fascist tendency.
3. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
(a) Layers of each image are stripped away until the essential truth is apparent.
(b) The images are distorted beyond recognition.
(c) Opposite images are contrasted.
(d) Images are piled on, one after another.
4. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
5. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
Short Answer Questions
1. What approaches to Hegel's philosophy did Nicolai Hartmann compare?
2. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
3. What did Breton call Bataille?
4. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
5. When is the 'me' free to accept individuality and transcendence, in Bataille's opinion in "Sacrifices"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)