|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Bataille's writing.
(b) Surrealist writing.
(c) Anarchistic literature.
(d) Fascist rants.
2. What principles does Bataille say men associate with the feet in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Evil and dark.
(b) Powerlessness and subservience.
(c) Subversion and power.
(d) Labor and evil.
3. What does Bataille say dominates history in "Popular Front in the Street"?
4. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) The purity of the sunshine.
(b) A show of human love.
(c) The work of bees.
(d) The corrupt hands that pick them.
5. What was Breton's response to Bataille?
(a) He praised the shocking images that would disturb the bourgeoisie.
(b) He refuted Bataille's arguments.
(c) He lamented the absence of any real philosophy at the core of Bataille's writing.
(d) He condemned his pathological reasoning to the unreasonable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bataille describe the mandrake root?
2. What does Bataille remember his father spanking him with in "[Dream]"?
3. What does Bataille say about monsters in "The Deviations of Nature"?
4. How does Bataille describe his work?
5. How does Bataille describe his father?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)