|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of the Marx/Hegel dialectic did professor Hartmann test?
(b) Diagnostic accuracy.
(c) Descriptive accuracy.
2. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Michael Leiris.
(b) Andre Breton.
(c) Marcel Duchamp.
(d) Joan Miro.
3. Where did Bataille go to school?
(a) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(b) Lycée Henry IV.
(c) Ecole des Chartres.
(d) Lycée International.
4. When did Bataille deny his faith?
5. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
(a) Community organizers.
(b) Political underground.
(c) Secret society.
(d) Literature brotherhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
2. What does Bataille say the theory of conspicuous consumption is used for?
3. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
4. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
5. What does Bataille say the eye causes?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)