|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mole stand for in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
2. What approaches to Hegel's philosophy did Nicolai Hartmann compare?
(a) Feminist and modernist.
(b) Historical and philosophical.
(c) Verbal and reality-based.
(d) Practical and theoretical.
3. When did Bataille deny his faith?
4. Why was Bataille annoyed while riding his bicycle?
(a) The sand was slushy with high tide.
(b) The house was too small for his turns.
(c) The schoolyard was fenced in.
(d) The pavement was broken up by streetcar tracks.
5. What are the two forms of heterogeneity Bataille introduces in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The bourgeois merchant and the Jewish banker.
(b) The sovereign and the worker.
(c) The Marxist revolution and the capitalist marketplace.
(d) The policeman and the drunkard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Bataille ride his bicycle for in "[Dream]"?
2. What does Bataille say poor people cannot stop rich people from doing?
3. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
4. Where did Bataille go to school?
5. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)