|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(b) The Rain.
2. What aspect of the Marx/Hegel dialectic did professor Hartmann test?
(a) Descriptive accuracy.
(c) Diagnostic accuracy.
3. What did Bataille write while he was working?
(a) Book reviews.
(b) Articles on philosophy.
(c) A medieval romance.
(d) Art criticism.
4. Under what conditions can a state be democratic, in Bataille's opinion?
(a) When homogeneity can be broken up peacefully.
(b) When heterogeneity can be controlled with force.
(c) When heterogeneity happens spontaneously.
(d) When homogeneity happens spontaneously.
5. What approaches to Hegel's philosophy did Nicolai Hartmann compare?
(a) Historical and philosophical.
(b) Feminist and modernist.
(c) Practical and theoretical.
(d) Verbal and reality-based.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
2. What did Breton call Bataille?
3. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
4. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
5. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)