|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say money measures, in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. Where was Bataille born?
3. How does Bataille describe the Mithraic cult ritual of the sun in "Rotten Sun"?
(a) A worshiper puts out a priest's eye.
(b) A priest cuts a victim's throat on an altar.
(c) A priest spatters a bull's blood on worshipers underneath.
(d) A priest stares into the sun to have a vision.
4. What does Bataille define as a way to humiliate, defy, or obligate a poorer person as a show of destruction of wealth?
(c) Public Assistance.
(d) Government subsidies.
5. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
(a) That Obscure Object of Desire.
(b) L'Age d'Or.
(c) Andalusian Dog.
(d) The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille compare roots to, in "The Language of Flowers"?
2. What form does Bataille take after being a boy in "[Dream]"?
3. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
4. What was the essay "Sacrifices" used as?
5. What paradoxical action does Bataille describe in "Materialism"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)