|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say is the contradiction in Christians worshiping God?
(a) They elevate God's power, but claim it for themselves alone.
(b) They hold people to scripture in private life but not in the marketplace.
(c) They only go to church one day a week, but work the other six in profane employments.
(d) They keep the poor down while their worship exalts them.
2. How long does Bataille ride his bicycle for in "[Dream]"?
(a) Until he falls.
(b) Until darkness descends.
(c) Until he wakes up.
(d) Until he finds his father.
3. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
(b) Depressed and alcoholic.
(c) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
(d) Financially secure.
4. What does Bataille say his father looked like in "[Dream]"?
(a) A toad.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A house.
(d) A star.
5. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
2. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
3. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
4. What form does Bataille take after being a boy in "[Dream]"?
5. What characterizes man in "The Eye"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)