|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do philosophers use natural forms, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) As primitive forms of the things themselves.
(b) As symbols of sacred abstraction.
(c) As metaphors for other natural forms.
(d) As symbols for the experience and association of natural forms.
2. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
(a) It was going to destroy the world.
(b) It was opposed to all dignity.
(c) It was execrable and shouldn't be published.
(d) It was a prophecy.
3. What does the homogeneous part of society purchase?
4. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
5. What does Bataille say money measures, in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bataille go to school?
2. Where did Engels look for examples to test the dialectic method of Marx and Hegel?
3. What are the two classes Bataille divides consumption into?
4. What does Bataille's 'me in the void' realize in "Sacrifices"?
5. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)