|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tone did Andre Masson establish in his drawings?
2. What does Bataille say his father looked like in "[Dream]"?
(a) A house.
(b) A toad.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A star.
3. When did George Bataille die?
4. What did Breton call Bataille?
(a) A dubious genius.
(b) An excremental philosopher.
(c) A prophet.
(d) A incremental writing whore.
5. What two stances did Bataille combine?
(a) Merging and independence of men and women.
(b) Elevation and desecration of man.
(c) Sacrilege and holiness of religion.
(d) Fulfillment and hollowing of man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say the theory of conspicuous consumption is used for?
2. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
3. When was "Acephale" published?
4. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
5. What kinds of expenditure does artistic production require?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)