|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe the mandrake root?
2. Under what conditions can a state be democratic, in Bataille's opinion?
(a) When homogeneity can be broken up peacefully.
(b) When heterogeneity can be controlled with force.
(c) When heterogeneity happens spontaneously.
(d) When homogeneity happens spontaneously.
3. Where was Bataille born?
4. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(a) The Rain.
5. How long does Bataille ride his bicycle for in "[Dream]"?
(a) Until darkness descends.
(b) Until he falls.
(c) Until he finds his father.
(d) Until he wakes up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
2. What does Bataille say money measures, in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
3. What interrupts the road in "[Dream]"?
4. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
5. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)