|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(a) The Lugubrious Game.
(c) The Language of Flowers.
(d) The Eye.
2. What is the first stage of revolution, in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) Expelling a group from power.
(b) Appropriating the language with which groups claim power.
(c) Portraying your revolution as a utopian project destined to succeed.
(d) Staking a claim to a new kind of authority.
3. What does the mole stand for in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
4. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
5. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
(a) It was execrable and shouldn't be published.
(b) It was going to destroy the world.
(c) It was a prophecy.
(d) It was opposed to all dignity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
2. What did Bataille write while he was working?
3. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
4. Where did Engels look for examples to test the dialectic method of Marx and Hegel?
5. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)