|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his work?
2. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
(a) It was opposed to all dignity.
(b) It was execrable and shouldn't be published.
(c) It was going to destroy the world.
(d) It was a prophecy.
3. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Depressed and alcoholic.
(b) Financially secure.
(c) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
(d) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
4. Where was Bataille born?
5. What form does Bataille take after being a boy in "[Dream]"?
(a) A priest.
(b) A butcher.
(c) An American gentleman.
(d) A girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. What was the essay "Sacrifices" used as?
3. What paradoxical action does Bataille describe in "Materialism"?
4. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
5. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)