|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bataille deny his faith?
2. How did Bataille relate to Andre Masson's drawings?
(a) He saw himself as the self in flight.
(b) He saw himself as the entire cosmos.
(c) He saw himself as the lines and the paper themselves.
(d) He saw himself as the sick man.
3. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(b) Medieval librarian.
(d) Renaissance art critic.
4. What form does Bataille take after being a boy in "[Dream]"?
(a) A girl.
(b) A priest.
(c) A butcher.
(d) An American gentleman.
5. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
(a) The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.
(b) Andalusian Dog.
(c) That Obscure Object of Desire.
(d) L'Age d'Or.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
2. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
3. What flower is Marquis de Sade plucking petals off, at the end of "The Language of Flowers"?
4. What does the homogeneous part of society purchase?
5. When did George Bataille die?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)