|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did George Bataille die?
2. What did Engels work for eight years to develop, but ultimately disavow?
(a) A dialectics of nature.
(b) A dialectics of religion.
(c) A dialectics of mathematics.
(d) A dialectics of manufacturing.
3. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were unrelated.
(b) They were logical extensions.
(c) They were unprecedented.
(d) They were implicit in them.
4. What is the first stage of revolution, in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) Portraying your revolution as a utopian project destined to succeed.
(b) Appropriating the language with which groups claim power.
(c) Expelling a group from power.
(d) Staking a claim to a new kind of authority.
5. What approaches to Hegel's philosophy did Nicolai Hartmann compare?
(a) Feminist and modernist.
(b) Practical and theoretical.
(c) Historical and philosophical.
(d) Verbal and reality-based.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
2. What did Bataille write while he was working?
3. What was the purpose of the Popular Front, in Bataille's account?
4. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
5. How does Bataille describe the mandrake root?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)