|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
2. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By becoming a Protestant.
(b) By quitting school.
(c) By running away from home.
(d) By taking lovers.
3. What was the purpose of the Popular Front, in Bataille's account?
(a) To oppose Hitler.
(b) To overthrow the Vichy government.
(c) To oppose fascism in France.
(d) To oppose immigrants in France.
4. What does the homogeneous part of society purchase?
5. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
(a) With Count Leopold von Sacher-Masoch putting out a priest's eye.
(b) With a girl being sent away to school.
(c) With students strangling a young woman.
(d) With Sade tossing flower petals into a ditch of manure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bataille recall riding his bicycle in Reims, in "[Dream]"?
2. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
3. What does Bataille say coitus is associated with, in "The Solar Anus"?
4. Where was Bataille born?
5. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)