|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Bataille born?
2. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
3. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
(a) The regeneration of the universe in stars that eat planets.
(b) The blinding effect of seeing a girl's anus.
(c) The source of all matter.
(d) The passage out of purgatory.
4. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
5. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
(a) Humiliating and painful.
(d) Terrible and magnificent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille feel about the rats in "[Dream]"?
2. What interrupts the road in "[Dream]"?
3. What did Bataille intend to define "The Critique of the Foundations of the Hegelian Dialectic"?
4. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
5. What does Bataille say is the contradiction in Christians worshiping God?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)