|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
(a) The source of all matter.
(b) The passage out of purgatory.
(c) The regeneration of the universe in stars that eat planets.
(d) The blinding effect of seeing a girl's anus.
2. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Raises his head to the heavens.
(b) Lets him see things clearer.
(c) Hides his anus.
(d) Distorts his vision with unnatural ideas.
3. How is the question of 'what exists compared to what appears' resolved, in "Sacrifices"?
(a) By moving beyond questions of present and past.
(b) By unraveling the mystery of language.
(c) By accepting the duality of latent and manifest action.
(d) By answering what is required to exist for moral value.
4. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
(a) Political underground.
(b) Literature brotherhood.
(c) Community organizers.
(d) Secret society.
5. When was George Bataille born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did George Bataille die?
2. Where did Bataille go to school?
3. What flower is Marquis de Sade plucking petals off, at the end of "The Language of Flowers"?
4. What does Bataille say is the contradiction in Christians worshiping God?
5. Under what conditions can a state be democratic, in Bataille's opinion?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)