|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
(a) L'Age d'Or.
(b) The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.
(c) Andalusian Dog.
(d) That Obscure Object of Desire.
2. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
(a) The images are distorted beyond recognition.
(b) Layers of each image are stripped away until the essential truth is apparent.
(c) Images are piled on, one after another.
(d) Opposite images are contrasted.
3. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
4. Where was Bataille born?
5. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
2. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
3. How does surrealism rebel at first, in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
4. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
5. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)