|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What principles does Bataille say men associate with the feet in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Subversion and power.
(b) Powerlessness and subservience.
(c) Labor and evil.
(d) Evil and dark.
2. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Hides his anus.
(b) Lets him see things clearer.
(c) Raises his head to the heavens.
(d) Distorts his vision with unnatural ideas.
3. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) As consumptive phases.
(b) As revolutionary phases.
(c) As primitive phases.
(d) As excretory phases.
4. Where was Bataille born?
5. Where did Bataille go to school?
(a) Lycée International.
(b) Ecole des Chartres.
(c) Lycée Henry IV.
(d) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what field did Bataille go to school?
2. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
3. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
4. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
5. What did Bataille write while he was working?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)