|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flower is Marquis de Sade plucking petals off, at the end of "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) A carnation.
(b) A daisy.
(c) A rose.
(d) A lily.
2. How should materialism be disclaimed, in "Materialism"?
(a) By including all idealism.
(b) By replacing idealism with matter.
(c) By excluding all idealism.
(d) By superseding idealism with dialogue.
3. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The rich.
(b) The workers.
(c) The impoverished.
(d) The sovereign.
4. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(b) A brown smudge.
(c) Anal fixation.
(d) Sex play with eyeballs.
5. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(b) The National Gallery in London.
(c) El Prado in Spain.
(d) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
2. What interrupts the road in "[Dream]"?
3. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
4. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
5. How does Bataille describe his work?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)