|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
(a) Terrible and magnificent.
(b) Humiliating and painful.
2. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(b) Dr. Jung.
(c) Dr. Dausse.
(d) Dr. Rank.
3. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
4. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
(a) Political underground.
(b) Secret society.
(c) Community organizers.
(d) Literature brotherhood.
5. In "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh", how long does Bataille say it took Van Gogh to paint suns after his self-mutilation?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Fifteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
2. What does Bataille say his father looked like in "[Dream]"?
3. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
4. What does the other self-mutilator (besides Van Gogh) do in "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh"?
5. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)