|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(a) The Eye.
(b) The Language of Flowers.
(c) The Lugubrious Game.
2. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Bataille's writing.
(b) Anarchistic literature.
(c) Surrealist writing.
(d) Fascist rants.
3. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
4. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
(a) That Obscure Object of Desire.
(b) The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.
(c) Andalusian Dog.
(d) L'Age d'Or.
5. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(d) The Rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
2. How should materialism be disclaimed, in "Materialism"?
3. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
4. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
5. How does Bataille describe his work?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)