|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Bataille exaggerate in "The Lugubrious Game"?
2. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Marcel Duchamp.
(c) Joan Miro.
(d) Michael Leiris.
3. How should materialism be disclaimed, in "Materialism"?
(a) By superseding idealism with dialogue.
(b) By excluding all idealism.
(c) By replacing idealism with matter.
(d) By including all idealism.
4. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By running away from home.
(b) By taking lovers.
(c) By quitting school.
(d) By becoming a Protestant.
5. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(a) Anal fixation.
(b) A brown smudge.
(c) Sex play with eyeballs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
2. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
3. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
4. What did Breton call Bataille?
5. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)