|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
(a) Political underground.
(b) Literature brotherhood.
(c) Community organizers.
(d) Secret society.
2. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
3. When did George Bataille die?
4. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(b) Dr. Jung.
(c) Dr. Rank.
(d) Dr. Dausse.
5. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
(a) When the father was imprisoned.
(b) When the Germans arrived in 1915.
(c) When the mother took a job in Paris.
(d) When the father went insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bataille born?
2. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
3. In "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh", how long does Bataille say it took Van Gogh to paint suns after his self-mutilation?
4. What is the first stage of revolution, in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
5. What characterizes man in "The Eye"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)