|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
2. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
(a) The source of all matter.
(b) The regeneration of the universe in stars that eat planets.
(c) The blinding effect of seeing a girl's anus.
(d) The passage out of purgatory.
3. Why was Bataille annoyed while riding his bicycle?
(a) The sand was slushy with high tide.
(b) The house was too small for his turns.
(c) The pavement was broken up by streetcar tracks.
(d) The schoolyard was fenced in.
4. When was George Bataille born?
5. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bataille born?
2. For what field did Bataille go to school?
3. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
4. What does Bataille say surrealism is, in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
5. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)