|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes man in "The Eye"?
(a) Desire for violence and violation.
(b) Longing for sacrilege.
(c) Longing for purity.
(d) Horror of eyes and insects.
2. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
(a) Andalusian Dog.
(b) L'Age d'Or.
(c) The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.
(d) That Obscure Object of Desire.
3. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were unprecedented.
(b) They were implicit in them.
(c) They were logical extensions.
(d) They were unrelated.
4. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
5. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Surrealist writing.
(b) Anarchistic literature.
(c) Bataille's writing.
(d) Fascist rants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mole stand for in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
2. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
3. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
4. How does Bataille describe his work?
5. For what field did Bataille go to school?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)