|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
2. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
(a) With Count Leopold von Sacher-Masoch putting out a priest's eye.
(b) With a girl being sent away to school.
(c) With Sade tossing flower petals into a ditch of manure.
(d) With students strangling a young woman.
3. When was George Bataille born?
4. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) A show of human love.
(b) The corrupt hands that pick them.
(c) The work of bees.
(d) The purity of the sunshine.
5. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(a) The Lugubrious Game.
(c) The Eye.
(d) The Language of Flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
2. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
3. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
4. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
5. What interrupts the road in "[Dream]"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)