|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Bataille exaggerate in "The Lugubrious Game"?
2. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
3. When did George Bataille die?
4. What paradoxical action does Bataille describe in "Materialism"?
(a) The desire to stop using language for natural functions.
(b) The attempt to free the eye from aesthetics.
(c) The attempt to translate sex into language.
(d) The attempt to rid one's thoughts of spiritualism.
5. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Breton call Bataille?
2. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
3. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
4. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
5. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)