|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By taking lovers.
(b) By becoming a Protestant.
(c) By running away from home.
(d) By quitting school.
2. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
3. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
(a) With Count Leopold von Sacher-Masoch putting out a priest's eye.
(b) With a girl being sent away to school.
(c) With Sade tossing flower petals into a ditch of manure.
(d) With students strangling a young woman.
4. Where does Bataille recall riding his bicycle in Reims, in "[Dream]"?
(a) In the schoolyard.
(b) Through the streets.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In his house.
5. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what field did Bataille go to school?
2. How does Bataille describe the mandrake root?
3. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
4. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
5. What claim does Bataille discuss in "The Deviations of Nature"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)