|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille remember his father spanking him with in "[Dream]"?
(a) A bloody toad.
(b) A whip.
(c) A stick.
(d) A belt.
2. What two stances did Bataille combine?
(a) Merging and independence of men and women.
(b) Elevation and desecration of man.
(c) Sacrilege and holiness of religion.
(d) Fulfillment and hollowing of man.
3. How long does Bataille ride his bicycle for in "[Dream]"?
(a) Until he wakes up.
(b) Until he falls.
(c) Until he finds his father.
(d) Until darkness descends.
4. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
(a) To kill God.
(b) To come into contact with God in men.
(c) To recreate the myth of God.
(d) To annihilate the idea of God.
5. Where was Bataille born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
2. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
3. When did George Bataille die?
4. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
5. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)