|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bataille recall riding his bicycle in Reims, in "[Dream]"?
(a) In his house.
(b) In the schoolyard.
(c) Through the streets.
(d) On the beach.
2. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(b) Dr. Dausse.
(c) Dr. Rank.
(d) Dr. Jung.
3. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
(a) It animates class struggle.
(b) It results from revolution.
(c) It pacifies the proletariat.
(d) It prevents revolution.
4. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(b) Literary critics.
(c) Rebel surrealists.
5. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
(a) When the mother took a job in Paris.
(b) When the father went insane.
(c) When the Germans arrived in 1915.
(d) When the father was imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
2. What do volcanoes serve as, in "The Solar Anus"?
3. What claim does Bataille discuss in "The Deviations of Nature"?
4. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
5. What form does Bataille take after being a boy in "[Dream]"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)