|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
(b) Terrible and magnificent.
(c) Humiliating and painful.
2. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(b) The Eye.
(c) The Language of Flowers.
(d) The Lugubrious Game.
3. What do flowers witness, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) The reason for the plants' existence.
(b) The architectural order of fields and forests.
(c) The life and death of love.
(d) Nothing but a moment in the life of the plant.
4. When did George Bataille die?
5. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) As primitive phases.
(b) As excretory phases.
(c) As revolutionary phases.
(d) As consumptive phases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
2. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
3. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
4. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
5. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)