|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
2. Where did "[Dream]" originate?
(a) In Bataille's childhood obsession with eyes.
(b) In Bataille's imagination.
(c) In Bataille's marriage.
(d) In Bataille's psychoanalysis.
3. What does Bataille remember his father spanking him with in "[Dream]"?
(a) A belt.
(b) A stick.
(c) A whip.
(d) A bloody toad.
4. What principles does Bataille say men associate with the feet in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Evil and dark.
(b) Labor and evil.
(c) Subversion and power.
(d) Powerlessness and subservience.
5. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(a) Literary critics.
(d) Rebel surrealists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
2. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
3. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
4. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
5. When did Bataille deny his faith?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)