|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were unprecedented.
(b) They were unrelated.
(c) They were logical extensions.
(d) They were implicit in them.
2. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) The work of bees.
(b) The purity of the sunshine.
(c) A show of human love.
(d) The corrupt hands that pick them.
3. What feeling does Bataille exaggerate in "The Lugubrious Game"?
4. What principles does Bataille say men associate with the feet in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Subversion and power.
(b) Labor and evil.
(c) Powerlessness and subservience.
(d) Evil and dark.
5. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The ignoble workers.
(b) The middle class merchant.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The aristocrats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does Bataille take after being a boy in "[Dream]"?
2. How do philosophers use natural forms, in "The Language of Flowers"?
3. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
4. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
5. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)