|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
(c) Humiliating and painful.
(d) Terrible and magnificent.
2. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Dausse.
(b) Dr. Adler.
(c) Dr. Jung.
(d) Dr. Rank.
3. What does the mole stand for in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
4. Where did Bataille go to school?
(a) Ecole des Chartres.
(b) Lycée Henry IV.
(c) Lycée International.
(d) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
5. What principles does Bataille say men associate with height in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Strength and authority.
(b) Trustworthiness and leadership.
(c) Good and light.
(d) Power and danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
2. When did Bataille deny his faith?
3. What claim does Bataille discuss in "The Deviations of Nature"?
4. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
5. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)