|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
(a) Scratching in the walls.
(b) Hanging by their tails.
(c) Swimming in the bilge.
(d) Crawling in ditches.
2. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Depressed and alcoholic.
(b) Financially secure.
(c) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
(d) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
3. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By running away from home.
(b) By taking lovers.
(c) By becoming a Protestant.
(d) By quitting school.
4. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
(a) Communists and Socialists.
(b) Fascists and totalitarians.
(c) Democrats and Socialist Democrats.
(d) Bureaucrats and Communists.
5. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
2. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
3. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
4. When was George Bataille born?
5. When did Bataille deny his faith?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)