|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
(a) Terrible and magnificent.
(d) Humiliating and painful.
2. What form does Bataille take after being a boy in "[Dream]"?
(a) A butcher.
(b) An American gentleman.
(c) A priest.
(d) A girl.
3. Where does Bataille recall riding his bicycle in Reims, in "[Dream]"?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Through the streets.
(c) In his house.
(d) In the schoolyard.
4. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
(a) L'Age d'Or.
(b) The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.
(c) Andalusian Dog.
(d) That Obscure Object of Desire.
5. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) The corrupt hands that pick them.
(b) The purity of the sunshine.
(c) The work of bees.
(d) A show of human love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do volcanoes serve as, in "The Solar Anus"?
2. What kind of eye does Victor Hugo describe in a poem Bataille cites?
3. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
4. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
5. What feeling does Bataille exaggerate in "The Lugubrious Game"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)