|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
(a) Crawling in ditches.
(b) Hanging by their tails.
(c) Scratching in the walls.
(d) Swimming in the bilge.
2. When was George Bataille born?
3. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
(a) When the mother took a job in Paris.
(b) When the Germans arrived in 1915.
(c) When the father went insane.
(d) When the father was imprisoned.
4. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
(b) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
(c) Depressed and alcoholic.
(d) Financially secure.
5. How does Bataille describe the mandrake root?
Short Answer Questions
1. What principles does Bataille say men associate with the feet in "The Big Toe"?
2. Where did Bataille go to school?
3. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
4. When was "Acephale" published?
5. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)