|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his work?
2. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
3. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
4. How should materialism be disclaimed, in "Materialism"?
(a) By superseding idealism with dialogue.
(b) By including all idealism.
(c) By excluding all idealism.
(d) By replacing idealism with matter.
5. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) The purity of the sunshine.
(b) A show of human love.
(c) The corrupt hands that pick them.
(d) The work of bees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
2. What claim does Bataille discuss in "The Deviations of Nature"?
3. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
4. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
5. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)