|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
2. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Bataille's writing.
(b) Fascist rants.
(c) Surrealist writing.
(d) Anarchistic literature.
3. How should materialism be disclaimed, in "Materialism"?
(a) By replacing idealism with matter.
(b) By excluding all idealism.
(c) By including all idealism.
(d) By superseding idealism with dialogue.
4. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) He mocks Marx and Engels for their idealism.
(b) He demonstrated why dialectical materialism is inevitable.
(c) He criticizes the Oversoul as a childish fantasy.
(d) He frees dialectical negation from Engels' mechanical abstraction.
5. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Lets him see things clearer.
(b) Hides his anus.
(c) Raises his head to the heavens.
(d) Distorts his vision with unnatural ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What principles does Bataille say men associate with height in "The Big Toe"?
2. Who contributed to "Documents"?
3. What did Breton call Bataille?
4. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
5. What feeling does Bataille exaggerate in "The Lugubrious Game"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)