|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
(a) He said he could not escape from the logic of fascism.
(b) He said he had an indomitable democratic streak.
(c) He said he worshiped the masses.
(d) He said he had a paradoxical fascist tendency.
2. Where was Bataille born?
3. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
4. What did Bataille write while he was working?
(a) A medieval romance.
(b) Articles on philosophy.
(c) Book reviews.
(d) Art criticism.
5. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
(a) The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.
(b) Andalusian Dog.
(c) L'Age d'Or.
(d) That Obscure Object of Desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
2. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
3. How does Bataille describe the Mithraic cult ritual of the sun in "Rotten Sun"?
4. In "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh", how long does Bataille say it took Van Gogh to paint suns after his self-mutilation?
5. What was Breton's response to Bataille?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)