|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(a) Anal fixation.
(c) Sex play with eyeballs.
(d) A brown smudge.
2. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
(a) Breton ruined Bataille in revenge.
(b) Breton might have promoted it.
(c) Breton's friends excommunicated Bataille from the surrealist circles.
(d) Bataille lost friends over the gratuitous attack.
3. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
4. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were implicit in them.
(b) They were unprecedented.
(c) They were logical extensions.
(d) They were unrelated.
5. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Oedipal terror.
(b) Obsession with excrement.
(c) Homoerotic terror.
(d) Obsession with priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two stances did Bataille combine?
2. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
3. What does Bataille say coitus is associated with, in "The Solar Anus"?
4. For what field did Bataille go to school?
5. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)