|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say the eye causes?
2. What does the mole stand for in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
3. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
(a) The source of all matter.
(b) The blinding effect of seeing a girl's anus.
(c) The regeneration of the universe in stars that eat planets.
(d) The passage out of purgatory.
4. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(b) Sex play with eyeballs.
(c) A brown smudge.
(d) Anal fixation.
5. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Depressed and alcoholic.
(b) Financially secure.
(c) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
(d) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
2. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
3. What do volcanoes serve as, in "The Solar Anus"?
4. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
5. What two stances did Bataille combine?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)