|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
(a) Terrible and magnificent.
(b) Humiliating and painful.
2. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(b) The Rain.
3. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
(a) For failing to embrace the decomposition of culture.
(b) For admiring Emerson.
(c) For going insane.
(d) For megalomania and failure of ideas.
4. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
5. When was George Bataille born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
2. What does Bataille feel about the rats in "[Dream]"?
3. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
4. What relationship between events and things is Bataille describing in "The Solar Anus"?
5. What principles does Bataille say men associate with height in "The Big Toe"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)