|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were logical extensions.
(b) They were unprecedented.
(c) They were unrelated.
(d) They were implicit in them.
2. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(a) The Rain.
3. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
(a) The rich.
(b) The intelligentsia.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The poor.
4. What two stances did Bataille combine?
(a) Sacrilege and holiness of religion.
(b) Elevation and desecration of man.
(c) Merging and independence of men and women.
(d) Fulfillment and hollowing of man.
5. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
(a) With a girl being sent away to school.
(b) With Sade tossing flower petals into a ditch of manure.
(c) With students strangling a young woman.
(d) With Count Leopold von Sacher-Masoch putting out a priest's eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Bataille annoyed while riding his bicycle?
2. What does Bataille say coitus is associated with, in "The Solar Anus"?
3. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
4. Where was Bataille born?
5. Where did "[Dream]" originate?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)