|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Rank.
(b) Dr. Jung.
(c) Dr. Dausse.
(d) Dr. Adler.
2. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
3. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
(a) It results from revolution.
(b) It animates class struggle.
(c) It pacifies the proletariat.
(d) It prevents revolution.
4. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
5. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(b) Medieval librarian.
(c) Renaissance art critic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "[Dream]" originate?
2. How does Bataille describe his father?
3. What does Bataille compare roots to, in "The Language of Flowers"?
4. What interrupts the road in "[Dream]"?
5. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)