|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What principles does Bataille say men associate with height in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Good and light.
(b) Trustworthiness and leadership.
(c) Strength and authority.
(d) Power and danger.
2. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(b) Dr. Jung.
(c) Dr. Rank.
(d) Dr. Dausse.
3. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He fled the Germans.
(c) He was ill.
(d) He died.
4. What interrupts the road in "[Dream]"?
(a) Rats and vermin.
(d) Construction workers.
5. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) A show of human love.
(b) The purity of the sunshine.
(c) The corrupt hands that pick them.
(d) The work of bees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
2. What kind of eye does Victor Hugo describe in a poem Bataille cites?
3. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
4. What does Bataille feel about the rats in "[Dream]"?
5. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)