|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
2. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
(a) L'Age d'Or.
(b) That Obscure Object of Desire.
(c) Andalusian Dog.
(d) The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.
3. In "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh", how long does Bataille say it took Van Gogh to paint suns after his self-mutilation?
(a) Six months.
(b) Fifteen months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Nine months.
4. When did Bataille deny his faith?
5. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(c) The Rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
2. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
3. Why was Bataille annoyed while riding his bicycle?
4. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
5. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)