|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
(a) Praise of his mother.
(b) Criticism of his religion.
(c) Criticism of his father.
(d) Praise of Cathedral Notre Dame des Reims.
2. What two stances did Bataille combine?
(a) Elevation and desecration of man.
(b) Merging and independence of men and women.
(c) Sacrilege and holiness of religion.
(d) Fulfillment and hollowing of man.
3. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By becoming a Protestant.
(b) By quitting school.
(c) By running away from home.
(d) By taking lovers.
4. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Bataille's writing.
(b) Surrealist writing.
(c) Anarchistic literature.
(d) Fascist rants.
5. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
(a) It was opposed to all dignity.
(b) It was execrable and shouldn't be published.
(c) It was going to destroy the world.
(d) It was a prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
2. Where did Bataille go to school?
3. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
4. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
5. What did Breton call Bataille?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)