|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Obsession with excrement.
(b) Obsession with priests.
(c) Oedipal terror.
(d) Homoerotic terror.
2. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
3. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Bataille's writing.
(b) Fascist rants.
(c) Surrealist writing.
(d) Anarchistic literature.
4. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(b) Literary critics.
(d) Rebel surrealists.
5. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
(b) Depressed and alcoholic.
(c) Financially secure.
(d) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
2. When did Bataille deny his faith?
3. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
4. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
5. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)