|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was George Bataille born?
2. When was "Acephale" published?
(a) 1942 to 1946.
(b) 1936 to 1939.
(c) 1931 to 1944.
(d) 1933 to 1937.
3. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
(a) He said he had an indomitable democratic streak.
(b) He said he could not escape from the logic of fascism.
(c) He said he worshiped the masses.
(d) He said he had a paradoxical fascist tendency.
4. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Marcel Duchamp.
(c) Joan Miro.
(d) Michael Leiris.
5. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
Short Answer Questions
1. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
2. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
3. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
4. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
5. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)