|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Obsession with priests.
(b) Obsession with excrement.
(c) Homoerotic terror.
(d) Oedipal terror.
2. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
(a) It keeps all Bataille's options open.
(b) It gives a clearer statement of his thought.
(c) It demonstrates the impossibility of truth.
(d) It keeps the reader uncomfortable.
3. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(b) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
(c) El Prado in Spain.
(d) The National Gallery in London.
4. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He was ill.
(c) He died.
(d) He fled the Germans.
5. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
3. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
4. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
5. What did Bataille write while he was working?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)