|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Bataille born?
2. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(b) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
(c) The National Gallery in London.
(d) El Prado in Spain.
3. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(a) Rebel surrealists.
(b) Literary critics.
4. What did Bataille write while he was working?
(a) A medieval romance.
(b) Book reviews.
(c) Articles on philosophy.
(d) Art criticism.
5. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
2. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
3. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
4. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
5. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)