|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Marcel Duchamp.
(b) Andre Breton.
(c) Michael Leiris.
(d) Joan Miro.
2. How does Bataille describe his work?
3. When did Bataille deny his faith?
4. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
(a) It pacifies the proletariat.
(b) It prevents revolution.
(c) It results from revolution.
(d) It animates class struggle.
5. What did Bataille write while he was working?
(a) Book reviews.
(b) A medieval romance.
(c) Art criticism.
(d) Articles on philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
2. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
3. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
4. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
5. What two stances did Bataille combine?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)