|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(b) Rebel surrealists.
(c) Literary critics.
2. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
(a) He said he could not escape from the logic of fascism.
(b) He said he worshiped the masses.
(c) He said he had an indomitable democratic streak.
(d) He said he had a paradoxical fascist tendency.
3. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The impoverished.
(b) The workers.
(c) The rich.
(d) The sovereign.
4. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Obsession with excrement.
(b) Obsession with priests.
(c) Homoerotic terror.
(d) Oedipal terror.
5. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bataille write while he was working?
2. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
3. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
4. What did Breton call Bataille?
5. When was George Bataille born?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)