|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bataille write while he was working?
(a) Art criticism.
(b) Book reviews.
(c) Articles on philosophy.
(d) A medieval romance.
2. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Surrealist writing.
(b) Anarchistic literature.
(c) Bataille's writing.
(d) Fascist rants.
3. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
(a) Praise of his mother.
(b) Criticism of his father.
(c) Criticism of his religion.
(d) Praise of Cathedral Notre Dame des Reims.
4. When was George Bataille born?
5. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
(a) It results from revolution.
(b) It prevents revolution.
(c) It pacifies the proletariat.
(d) It animates class struggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
2. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
3. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
4. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
5. When did George Bataille die?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)