|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
(a) As a genius.
(b) As obsessed.
(c) As a prophet.
(d) As a pornographer.
2. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
3. What did Breton call Bataille?
(a) An excremental philosopher.
(b) A dubious genius.
(c) A prophet.
(d) A incremental writing whore.
4. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
5. When was "Acephale" published?
(a) 1942 to 1946.
(b) 1931 to 1944.
(c) 1933 to 1937.
(d) 1936 to 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
2. Where did Bataille go to school?
3. What two stances did Bataille combine?
4. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
5. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)