|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(a) Medieval librarian.
(d) Renaissance art critic.
2. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The impoverished.
(b) The workers.
(c) The rich.
(d) The sovereign.
3. When did Bataille deny his faith?
4. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
(a) It was execrable and shouldn't be published.
(b) It was opposed to all dignity.
(c) It was going to destroy the world.
(d) It was a prophecy.
5. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Bataille's writing.
(b) Anarchistic literature.
(c) Fascist rants.
(d) Surrealist writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
2. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
3. How does Bataille describe his work?
4. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
5. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)