|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
2. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
(a) As a genius.
(b) As obsessed.
(c) As a prophet.
(d) As a pornographer.
3. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
(a) He died.
(b) He was ill.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He fled the Germans.
4. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
(a) It keeps all Bataille's options open.
(b) It gives a clearer statement of his thought.
(c) It keeps the reader uncomfortable.
(d) It demonstrates the impossibility of truth.
5. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
(a) To recreate the myth of God.
(b) To come into contact with God in men.
(c) To annihilate the idea of God.
(d) To kill God.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
2. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
3. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
4. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
5. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)