|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
2. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
(a) Bureaucrats and Communists.
(b) Democrats and Socialist Democrats.
(c) Fascists and totalitarians.
(d) Communists and Socialists.
3. When was "Acephale" published?
(a) 1931 to 1944.
(b) 1936 to 1939.
(c) 1942 to 1946.
(d) 1933 to 1937.
4. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Fascist rants.
(b) Bataille's writing.
(c) Anarchistic literature.
(d) Surrealist writing.
5. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) He demonstrated why dialectical materialism is inevitable.
(b) He criticizes the Oversoul as a childish fantasy.
(c) He frees dialectical negation from Engels' mechanical abstraction.
(d) He mocks Marx and Engels for their idealism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
2. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
3. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
4. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
5. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)