|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(a) A brown smudge.
(b) Anal fixation.
(d) Sex play with eyeballs.
2. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Michael Leiris.
(c) Joan Miro.
(d) Marcel Duchamp.
3. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
(a) To annihilate the idea of God.
(b) To recreate the myth of God.
(c) To come into contact with God in men.
(d) To kill God.
4. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The poor.
(c) The rich.
(d) The intelligentsia.
5. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Homoerotic terror.
(b) Obsession with excrement.
(c) Oedipal terror.
(d) Obsession with priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
2. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
3. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
4. How does Bataille describe his work?
5. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)