|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(c) Literary critics.
(d) Rebel surrealists.
2. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He died.
(c) He fled the Germans.
(d) He was ill.
3. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Obsession with excrement.
(b) Homoerotic terror.
(c) Obsession with priests.
(d) Oedipal terror.
4. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
(a) Destroying the foundation of wealth.
(b) Affirming the position of the rich.
(c) Devaluing the trappings of wealth.
(d) Attacking the inequalities in the economy.
5. How does Bataille describe his work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
2. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
3. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
4. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
5. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)