|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
(a) As obsessed.
(b) As a pornographer.
(c) As a prophet.
(d) As a genius.
2. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
(a) Bataille lost friends over the gratuitous attack.
(b) Breton's friends excommunicated Bataille from the surrealist circles.
(c) Breton might have promoted it.
(d) Breton ruined Bataille in revenge.
3. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
(a) Criticism of his religion.
(b) Criticism of his father.
(c) Praise of his mother.
(d) Praise of Cathedral Notre Dame des Reims.
4. Where did Bataille go to school?
(a) Ecole des Chartres.
(b) Lycée Henry IV.
(c) Lycée International.
(d) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
5. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By taking lovers.
(b) By quitting school.
(c) By becoming a Protestant.
(d) By running away from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
2. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
3. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
4. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
5. What was Breton's response to Bataille?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)