|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(b) Dr. Dausse.
(c) Dr. Jung.
(d) Dr. Rank.
2. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
(a) Breton might have promoted it.
(b) Breton's friends excommunicated Bataille from the surrealist circles.
(c) Breton ruined Bataille in revenge.
(d) Bataille lost friends over the gratuitous attack.
3. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(a) Renaissance art critic.
(d) Medieval librarian.
4. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Joan Miro.
(b) Andre Breton.
(c) Michael Leiris.
(d) Marcel Duchamp.
5. What two stances did Bataille combine?
(a) Sacrilege and holiness of religion.
(b) Fulfillment and hollowing of man.
(c) Merging and independence of men and women.
(d) Elevation and desecration of man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Acephale" published?
2. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
3. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
4. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
5. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)