|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Breton's response to Bataille?
(a) He praised the shocking images that would disturb the bourgeoisie.
(b) He lamented the absence of any real philosophy at the core of Bataille's writing.
(c) He condemned his pathological reasoning to the unreasonable.
(d) He refuted Bataille's arguments.
2. When did Bataille deny his faith?
3. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
(a) Praise of his mother.
(b) Praise of Cathedral Notre Dame des Reims.
(c) Criticism of his religion.
(d) Criticism of his father.
4. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
(a) The poor.
(b) The rich.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The intelligentsia.
5. What did Bataille write while he was working?
(a) Book reviews.
(b) Art criticism.
(c) Articles on philosophy.
(d) A medieval romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bataille go to school?
2. When did George Bataille die?
3. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
4. What two stances did Bataille combine?
5. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)