|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
(a) For megalomania and failure of ideas.
(b) For admiring Emerson.
(c) For failing to embrace the decomposition of culture.
(d) For going insane.
2. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
(a) Bataille lost friends over the gratuitous attack.
(b) Breton ruined Bataille in revenge.
(c) Breton's friends excommunicated Bataille from the surrealist circles.
(d) Breton might have promoted it.
3. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
(a) Literature brotherhood.
(b) Community organizers.
(c) Political underground.
(d) Secret society.
4. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
5. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(a) A brown smudge.
(b) Sex play with eyeballs.
(d) Anal fixation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
2. Where did Bataille go to school?
3. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
4. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
5. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)