|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
(a) It keeps all Bataille's options open.
(b) It keeps the reader uncomfortable.
(c) It demonstrates the impossibility of truth.
(d) It gives a clearer statement of his thought.
2. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Marcel Duchamp.
(b) Andre Breton.
(c) Michael Leiris.
(d) Joan Miro.
3. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
(b) Depressed and alcoholic.
(c) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
(d) Financially secure.
4. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The poor.
(c) The rich.
(d) The intelligentsia.
5. Where did Bataille go to school?
(a) Lycée Henry IV.
(b) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(c) Lycée International.
(d) Ecole des Chartres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
2. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
3. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
4. What did Breton call Bataille?
5. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)