|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
2. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were logical extensions.
(b) They were unrelated.
(c) They were unprecedented.
(d) They were implicit in them.
3. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He died.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He fled the Germans.
4. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
(a) Bataille lost friends over the gratuitous attack.
(b) Breton ruined Bataille in revenge.
(c) Breton's friends excommunicated Bataille from the surrealist circles.
(d) Breton might have promoted it.
5. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The rich.
(b) The sovereign.
(c) The workers.
(d) The impoverished.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
2. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
3. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
4. When was "Acephale" published?
5. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)