|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(c) Medieval librarian.
(d) Renaissance art critic.
2. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Michael Leiris.
(b) Marcel Duchamp.
(c) Joan Miro.
(d) Andre Breton.
3. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(a) Sex play with eyeballs.
(c) A brown smudge.
(d) Anal fixation.
4. When was "Acephale" published?
(a) 1942 to 1946.
(b) 1931 to 1944.
(c) 1933 to 1937.
(d) 1936 to 1939.
5. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
(a) The poor.
(b) The rich.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The intelligentsia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Breton call Bataille?
2. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
3. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
4. Where was Bataille born?
5. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)