|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was George Bataille born?
2. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(b) Renaissance art critic.
(d) Medieval librarian.
3. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
4. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
(a) Destroying the foundation of wealth.
(b) Devaluing the trappings of wealth.
(c) Affirming the position of the rich.
(d) Attacking the inequalities in the economy.
5. What did Breton call Bataille?
(a) A dubious genius.
(b) A prophet.
(c) An excremental philosopher.
(d) A incremental writing whore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
2. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
3. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
4. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
5. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)