|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
(a) For megalomania and failure of ideas.
(b) For going insane.
(c) For failing to embrace the decomposition of culture.
(d) For admiring Emerson.
2. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Fascist rants.
(b) Surrealist writing.
(c) Anarchistic literature.
(d) Bataille's writing.
3. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By quitting school.
(b) By taking lovers.
(c) By becoming a Protestant.
(d) By running away from home.
4. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were logical extensions.
(b) They were unrelated.
(c) They were unprecedented.
(d) They were implicit in them.
5. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(a) Rebel surrealists.
(c) Literary critics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
3. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
4. How does Bataille describe his father?
5. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)