|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(b) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
(c) The National Gallery in London.
(d) El Prado in Spain.
2. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
(a) He died.
(b) He was fired.
(c) He fled the Germans.
(d) He was ill.
3. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
(a) Affirming the position of the rich.
(b) Destroying the foundation of wealth.
(c) Devaluing the trappings of wealth.
(d) Attacking the inequalities in the economy.
4. When was "Acephale" published?
(a) 1933 to 1937.
(b) 1936 to 1939.
(c) 1942 to 1946.
(d) 1931 to 1944.
5. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
(a) Bureaucrats and Communists.
(b) Communists and Socialists.
(c) Democrats and Socialist Democrats.
(d) Fascists and totalitarians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
2. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
3. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
4. How does Bataille describe his father?
5. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)