|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Jung.
(b) Dr. Dausse.
(c) Dr. Rank.
(d) Dr. Adler.
2. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
(a) It demonstrates the impossibility of truth.
(b) It gives a clearer statement of his thought.
(c) It keeps the reader uncomfortable.
(d) It keeps all Bataille's options open.
3. Where was Bataille born?
4. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(c) Medieval librarian.
(d) Renaissance art critic.
5. What did Breton call Bataille?
(a) A prophet.
(b) An excremental philosopher.
(c) A incremental writing whore.
(d) A dubious genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
3. Who contributed to "Documents"?
4. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
5. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)