|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
(a) With Sade tossing flower petals into a ditch of manure.
(b) With a girl being sent away to school.
(c) With students strangling a young woman.
(d) With Count Leopold von Sacher-Masoch putting out a priest's eye.
2. Where did Bataille go to school?
(a) Ecole des Chartres.
(b) Lycée International.
(c) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(d) Lycée Henry IV.
3. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Marcel Duchamp.
(c) Michael Leiris.
(d) Joan Miro.
4. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
(a) For going insane.
(b) For failing to embrace the decomposition of culture.
(c) For megalomania and failure of ideas.
(d) For admiring Emerson.
5. How does Bataille describe his work?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
2. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
3. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
4. When was "Acephale" published?
5. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)