|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
(a) Criticism of his religion.
(b) Praise of Cathedral Notre Dame des Reims.
(c) Praise of his mother.
(d) Criticism of his father.
2. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
3. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
(a) Breton's friends excommunicated Bataille from the surrealist circles.
(b) Bataille lost friends over the gratuitous attack.
(c) Breton might have promoted it.
(d) Breton ruined Bataille in revenge.
4. What did Bataille write while he was working?
(a) Art criticism.
(b) Articles on philosophy.
(c) Book reviews.
(d) A medieval romance.
5. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
2. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
3. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
4. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
5. What was Breton's response to Bataille?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)