|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By becoming a Protestant.
(b) By taking lovers.
(c) By quitting school.
(d) By running away from home.
2. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(b) The Eye.
(c) The Lugubrious Game.
(d) The Language of Flowers.
3. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
(a) With a girl being sent away to school.
(b) With Count Leopold von Sacher-Masoch putting out a priest's eye.
(c) With students strangling a young woman.
(d) With Sade tossing flower petals into a ditch of manure.
4. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Oedipal terror.
(b) Obsession with excrement.
(c) Obsession with priests.
(d) Homoerotic terror.
5. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The sovereign.
(b) The rich.
(c) The impoverished.
(d) The workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
2. How does Bataille describe his father?
3. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
4. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
5. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)