|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
(a) Communists and Socialists.
(b) Democrats and Socialist Democrats.
(c) Fascists and totalitarians.
(d) Bureaucrats and Communists.
2. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
3. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
(a) To recreate the myth of God.
(b) To kill God.
(c) To come into contact with God in men.
(d) To annihilate the idea of God.
4. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
(a) Breton ruined Bataille in revenge.
(b) Breton's friends excommunicated Bataille from the surrealist circles.
(c) Bataille lost friends over the gratuitous attack.
(d) Breton might have promoted it.
5. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
(a) As a pornographer.
(b) As a genius.
(c) As obsessed.
(d) As a prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his father?
2. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
3. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
4. When did George Bataille die?
5. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)