|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bataille go to school?
(a) Ecole des Chartres.
(b) Lycée Henry IV.
(c) Lycée International.
(d) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
2. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
3. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
(a) The intelligentsia.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The poor.
(d) The rich.
4. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
(a) He said he had an indomitable democratic streak.
(b) He said he had a paradoxical fascist tendency.
(c) He said he worshiped the masses.
(d) He said he could not escape from the logic of fascism.
5. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(a) Sex play with eyeballs.
(b) Anal fixation.
(c) A brown smudge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
2. What did Breton call Bataille?
3. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
4. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
5. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)