|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did George Bataille die?
2. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Oedipal terror.
(b) Homoerotic terror.
(c) Obsession with priests.
(d) Obsession with excrement.
3. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
(a) Secret society.
(b) Literature brotherhood.
(c) Political underground.
(d) Community organizers.
4. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) The National Gallery in London.
(b) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(c) El Prado in Spain.
(d) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
5. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The sovereign.
(b) The rich.
(c) The impoverished.
(d) The workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
2. What two stances did Bataille combine?
3. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
4. How does Bataille describe his father?
5. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)