|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(a) Medieval librarian.
(d) Renaissance art critic.
2. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
3. When did George Bataille die?
4. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
(a) With students strangling a young woman.
(b) With Count Leopold von Sacher-Masoch putting out a priest's eye.
(c) With a girl being sent away to school.
(d) With Sade tossing flower petals into a ditch of manure.
5. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Bataille's writing.
(b) Surrealist writing.
(c) Anarchistic literature.
(d) Fascist rants.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Acephale" published?
2. When did Bataille deny his faith?
3. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
4. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
5. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)