|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
(a) As a genius.
(b) As a prophet.
(c) As obsessed.
(d) As a pornographer.
2. Where did Bataille go to school?
(a) Lycée International.
(b) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(c) Ecole des Chartres.
(d) Lycée Henry IV.
3. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were logical extensions.
(b) They were unrelated.
(c) They were implicit in them.
(d) They were unprecedented.
4. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(c) Renaissance art critic.
(d) Medieval librarian.
5. Where was Bataille born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
2. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
3. What did Bataille write while he was working?
4. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
5. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)