|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
(a) To annihilate the idea of God.
(b) To come into contact with God in men.
(c) To recreate the myth of God.
(d) To kill God.
2. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By becoming a Protestant.
(b) By taking lovers.
(c) By running away from home.
(d) By quitting school.
3. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
(a) When the father was imprisoned.
(b) When the Germans arrived in 1915.
(c) When the mother took a job in Paris.
(d) When the father went insane.
4. What two stances did Bataille combine?
(a) Elevation and desecration of man.
(b) Fulfillment and hollowing of man.
(c) Merging and independence of men and women.
(d) Sacrilege and holiness of religion.
5. When did George Bataille die?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Acephale" published?
2. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
3. Where was Bataille born?
4. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
5. How does Bataille describe his work?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)