|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
2. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
(a) With students strangling a young woman.
(b) With Count Leopold von Sacher-Masoch putting out a priest's eye.
(c) With a girl being sent away to school.
(d) With Sade tossing flower petals into a ditch of manure.
3. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
(a) The intelligentsia.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The rich.
(d) The poor.
4. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The impoverished.
(b) The sovereign.
(c) The rich.
(d) The workers.
5. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
(a) It was a prophecy.
(b) It was opposed to all dignity.
(c) It was execrable and shouldn't be published.
(d) It was going to destroy the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his father?
2. What did Bataille write while he was working?
3. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
4. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
5. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)