|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(a) Rebel surrealists.
(c) Literary critics.
2. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The sovereign.
(b) The workers.
(c) The impoverished.
(d) The rich.
3. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
(a) To recreate the myth of God.
(b) To kill God.
(c) To come into contact with God in men.
(d) To annihilate the idea of God.
4. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
5. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(b) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
(c) The National Gallery in London.
(d) El Prado in Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
2. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
3. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
4. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
5. When did Bataille deny his faith?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)