|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
(a) Democrats and Socialist Democrats.
(b) Bureaucrats and Communists.
(c) Communists and Socialists.
(d) Fascists and totalitarians.
2. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
(a) With Sade tossing flower petals into a ditch of manure.
(b) With a girl being sent away to school.
(c) With students strangling a young woman.
(d) With Count Leopold von Sacher-Masoch putting out a priest's eye.
3. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were unprecedented.
(b) They were logical extensions.
(c) They were unrelated.
(d) They were implicit in them.
4. What did Breton call Bataille?
(a) A incremental writing whore.
(b) An excremental philosopher.
(c) A prophet.
(d) A dubious genius.
5. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Jung.
(b) Dr. Rank.
(c) Dr. Adler.
(d) Dr. Dausse.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what field did Bataille go to school?
2. Where did Bataille go to school?
3. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
4. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
5. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)