|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
2. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Depressed and alcoholic.
(b) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
(c) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
(d) Financially secure.
3. When was "Acephale" published?
(a) 1933 to 1937.
(b) 1936 to 1939.
(c) 1931 to 1944.
(d) 1942 to 1946.
4. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
(a) He said he had a paradoxical fascist tendency.
(b) He said he worshiped the masses.
(c) He said he could not escape from the logic of fascism.
(d) He said he had an indomitable democratic streak.
5. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Obsession with excrement.
(b) Obsession with priests.
(c) Homoerotic terror.
(d) Oedipal terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
2. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
3. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
4. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
5. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)