|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
(a) The rich.
(b) The intelligentsia.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The poor.
2. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
(a) It was a prophecy.
(b) It was opposed to all dignity.
(c) It was execrable and shouldn't be published.
(d) It was going to destroy the world.
3. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The middle class merchant.
(c) The ignoble workers.
(d) The aristocrats.
4. How does Bataille describe his work?
5. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(a) Sex play with eyeballs.
(c) Anal fixation.
(d) A brown smudge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
2. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
3. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
4. When was "Acephale" published?
5. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)