|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
(a) Dr. Jung.
(b) Dr. Dausse.
(c) Dr. Rank.
(d) Dr. Adler.
2. Where did Bataille go to school?
(a) Ecole des Chartres.
(b) Lycée International.
(c) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(d) Lycée Henry IV.
3. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Oedipal terror.
(b) Obsession with excrement.
(c) Obsession with priests.
(d) Homoerotic terror.
4. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
(a) Attacking the inequalities in the economy.
(b) Affirming the position of the rich.
(c) Destroying the foundation of wealth.
(d) Devaluing the trappings of wealth.
5. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(a) The Eye.
(b) The Language of Flowers.
(d) The Lugubrious Game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
2. When did Bataille deny his faith?
3. How does Bataille describe his work?
4. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
5. What was Breton's response to Bataille?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)