|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(a) The Language of Flowers.
(b) The Lugubrious Game.
(c) The Eye.
2. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
(a) Fascists and totalitarians.
(b) Bureaucrats and Communists.
(c) Democrats and Socialist Democrats.
(d) Communists and Socialists.
3. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Surrealist writing.
(b) Anarchistic literature.
(c) Fascist rants.
(d) Bataille's writing.
4. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
5. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He fled the Germans.
(c) He was ill.
(d) He died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Breton call Bataille?
2. When did George Bataille die?
3. Who contributed to "Documents"?
4. When did Bataille deny his faith?
5. Why was it a mistake for Bataille to use his intellectual violence on Breton?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)