|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Acephale" published?
(a) 1931 to 1944.
(b) 1933 to 1937.
(c) 1936 to 1939.
(d) 1942 to 1946.
2. How does Bataille describe his thinking in "Popular Front in the Street"?
(a) He said he worshiped the masses.
(b) He said he could not escape from the logic of fascism.
(c) He said he had a paradoxical fascist tendency.
(d) He said he had an indomitable democratic streak.
3. When was George Bataille born?
4. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(a) Medieval librarian.
(d) Renaissance art critic.
5. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
(a) Devaluing the trappings of wealth.
(b) Attacking the inequalities in the economy.
(c) Destroying the foundation of wealth.
(d) Affirming the position of the rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
2. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
3. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
4. Where did Bataille go to school?
5. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)