Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bataille write while he was working?
(a) Articles on philosophy.
(b) Book reviews.
(c) Art criticism.
(d) A medieval romance.
2. When does being become undefined, according to Bataille?
(a) When it is projected on an unworthy object.
(b) When it is discovered in another.
(c) When it is projected beyond itself.
(d) When it is drawn from imagination.
3. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
(a) Secret society.
(b) Political underground.
(c) Community organizers.
(d) Literature brotherhood.
4. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
(a) When the mother took a job in Paris.
(b) When the father was imprisoned.
(c) When the Germans arrived in 1915.
(d) When the father went insane.
5. What was Nietzsche's life dominated by, in Bataille's account?
(a) Stifled affection for a woman.
(b) Aggression toward the social world.
(c) Puzzles in which he could see the nature of society.
(d) Obsession with a lost world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
2. Who contributed to "Documents"?
3. What principles does Bataille say men associate with height in "The Big Toe"?
4. What claim does Bataille discuss in "The Deviations of Nature"?
5. From what does Bataille say Alfred Baumler distilled a doctrine of the people's will to power?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)