Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(b) Medieval librarian.
(d) Renaissance art critic.
2. Who developed the theory of conspicuous consumption?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Max Weber.
(c) Thorstein Veblen.
(d) John Dewey.
3. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
(a) Destroying the foundation of wealth.
(b) Affirming the position of the rich.
(c) Attacking the inequalities in the economy.
(d) Devaluing the trappings of wealth.
4. Where was Bataille born?
5. What does the homogeneous part of society purchase?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
2. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
3. What was Bataille being punished for in "[Dream]"?
4. What do volcanoes serve as, in "The Solar Anus"?
5. How did Andre Masson establish the tone of his book of drawings?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)