|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
(a) When the Germans arrived in 1915.
(b) When the father went insane.
(c) When the mother took a job in Paris.
(d) When the father was imprisoned.
2. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The middle class merchant.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The aristocrats.
(d) The ignoble workers.
3. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(a) Renaissance art critic.
(d) Medieval librarian.
4. When was George Bataille born?
5. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
2. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
3. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
4. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
5. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)