|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(a) The Rain.
2. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Oedipal terror.
(b) Obsession with excrement.
(c) Obsession with priests.
(d) Homoerotic terror.
3. What feeling does Bataille say grows in response to revolutionaries?
4. What was Bataille being punished for in "[Dream]"?
(a) Seeing his parents naked.
(b) Wetting himself.
(c) Staying up too late.
(d) Playing with a hoop.
5. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
(a) The blinding effect of seeing a girl's anus.
(b) The source of all matter.
(c) The regeneration of the universe in stars that eat planets.
(d) The passage out of purgatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Andre Masson establish the tone of his book of drawings?
2. What does Bataille say about the knife whose handle and blade are changed indefinitely?
3. What does Bataille say the world offers modern man to love?
4. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
5. What interrupts the road in "[Dream]"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)