|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
(a) To annihilate the idea of God.
(b) To come into contact with God in men.
(c) To kill God.
(d) To recreate the myth of God.
2. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
3. How does bourgeois society enslave and degrade poor men, in Bataille's opinion?
(a) By preventing them getting medical attention.
(b) By forcing them to compete with machines.
(c) By keeping them poor.
(d) By showering them with goods.
4. What value does money articulate for workers?
(a) The value of their ideas.
(b) The value of their status.
(c) The value of what they produce.
(d) The value of their personal worth.
5. How do philosophers use natural forms, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) As symbols of sacred abstraction.
(b) As primitive forms of the things themselves.
(c) As symbols for the experience and association of natural forms.
(d) As metaphors for other natural forms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say money measures, in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. What results from acting in specialized areas, in Bataille's opinion in "The Labyrinth"?
3. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
4. What does Bataille say pyramids ensure?
5. What did Breton call Bataille?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)