|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does being become undefined, according to Bataille?
(a) When it is projected on an unworthy object.
(b) When it is projected beyond itself.
(c) When it is drawn from imagination.
(d) When it is discovered in another.
2. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
3. What does Bataille say about meaning in "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"?
(a) Things can only have meaning if they motivate actions.
(b) Things cannot have meaning unless they are historical realities.
(c) Things can only have meaning when they are fictitious.
(d) Things can only have meaning if there is a consensus about them.
4. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(d) The Rain.
5. What does Bataille describe as the result of individuals asking critical questions, in "Nietzschean Chronicle"?
(a) Decomposition of civilization.
(b) Religious persecution.
(c) The emergence of civilization.
(d) The development of high society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
2. What does Bataille say Nietzsche questions?
3. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
4. What was Mussolini's relationship with Nietzsche?
5. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)