|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bataille summing up in his "Propositions"?
(a) His thoughts on sex and perversity in modern life.
(b) His thoughts on the death of God.
(c) His thoughts on modern culture.
(d) His thoughts on Nietzschean metaphysics.
2. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
3. What tone did Andre Masson establish in his drawings?
4. What is the significance of the obelisk in "The Obelisk"?
(a) It organizes space by looming over it.
(b) It represents the ruling party.
(c) It represents captured glory.
(d) It stands for the sovereign.
5. Where does Bataille recall riding his bicycle in Reims, in "[Dream]"?
(a) In his house.
(b) In the schoolyard.
(c) Through the streets.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Bataille say Alfred Baumler distilled a doctrine of the people's will to power?
2. What was Bataille being punished for in "[Dream]"?
3. What did Engels work for eight years to develop, but ultimately disavow?
4. When was George Bataille born?
5. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)