|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tone did Andre Masson establish in his drawings?
2. What was the essay "Sacrifices" used as?
(a) A review.
(b) A criticism.
(c) As a preface.
(d) A personal essay.
3. What does Bataille say man demanded of the earth?
(b) Productivity on the earth.
(c) Necessity above the universe.
(d) Consolation below the earth.
4. What does Bataille describe as the result of individuals asking critical questions, in "Nietzschean Chronicle"?
(a) Religious persecution.
(b) Decomposition of civilization.
(c) The development of high society.
(d) The emergence of civilization.
5. When did Bataille deny his faith?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bataille go to school?
2. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
3. What does the other self-mutilator (besides Van Gogh) do in "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh"?
4. What does Bataille say surrealism is, in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
5. What kinds of expenditure does artistic production require?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)