|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tone did Andre Masson establish in his drawings?
2. What does Bataille describe as the result of individuals asking critical questions, in "Nietzschean Chronicle"?
(a) The emergence of civilization.
(b) Religious persecution.
(c) Decomposition of civilization.
(d) The development of high society.
3. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) The National Gallery in London.
(b) El Prado in Spain.
(c) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
(d) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
4. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(c) Literary critics.
(d) Rebel surrealists.
5. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Lets him see things clearer.
(b) Raises his head to the heavens.
(c) Hides his anus.
(d) Distorts his vision with unnatural ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of expenditure does artistic production require?
2. What was Mussolini's relationship with Nietzsche?
3. Who is Elisabeth Judas-Forster?
4. What does Bataille say would result from a difference of events in his experience?
5. What creatures' 'being' does Bataille compare in "The Labyrinth"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)