|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the essay "Sacrifices" used as?
(a) A review.
(b) A criticism.
(c) A personal essay.
(d) As a preface.
2. What does Bataille use as evidence of his position on dialectics?
(a) It cannot explain the growth from child to adult.
(b) It does not account for avarice in the proletariat.
(c) It underestimates the value of aesthetics.
(d) It is a law made by interested people trying to hide their interests.
3. What did Bataille intend to define "The Critique of the Foundations of the Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) Dialectic limits.
(b) Dialectic politics.
(c) Dialectic philosophy.
(d) Dialectic aesthetics.
4. How does bourgeois society enslave and degrade poor men, in Bataille's opinion?
(a) By keeping them poor.
(b) By preventing them getting medical attention.
(c) By showering them with goods.
(d) By forcing them to compete with machines.
5. What does Bataille say dominates history in "Popular Front in the Street"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Engels look for examples to test the dialectic method of Marx and Hegel?
2. When is the 'me' free to accept individuality and transcendence, in Bataille's opinion in "Sacrifices"?
3. From what does Bataille say Alfred Baumler distilled a doctrine of the people's will to power?
4. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
5. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)