|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from acting in specialized areas, in Bataille's opinion in "The Labyrinth"?
(a) Man is impoverished.
(b) Man loses his innocence.
(c) Man conquers the universe in its details.
(d) Man becomes a specialist.
2. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The aristocrats.
(b) The ignoble workers.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The middle class merchant.
3. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(b) Medieval librarian.
(c) Renaissance art critic.
4. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
(a) Eating each other.
(c) Eating garbage.
(d) Trying to bite.
5. What does Bataille say is the only religion for fascists?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when political action leads to nothing, in "The Sacred Conspiracy"?
2. What does Bataille say coitus is associated with, in "The Solar Anus"?
3. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
4. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
5. What relationship between events and things is Bataille describing in "The Solar Anus"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)