|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III (1936-1939).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of the Marx/Hegel dialectic did professor Hartmann test?
(a) Descriptive accuracy.
(d) Diagnostic accuracy.
2. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He fled the Germans.
(c) He was ill.
(d) He died.
3. Who is Elisabeth Judas-Forster?
(a) A critic of Bataille's.
(b) Nietzsche's sister.
(c) Andre Masson's lover.
(d) Bataille's girlfriend.
4. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
5. What did fascism use Nietzsche's writing to oppose?
(a) The view of the past being taught in German schools.
(c) The policies of Daladier.
(d) The current political system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille describe in "The Critique of the Foundations of the Hegelian Dialectic"?
2. Who contributed to "Documents"?
3. When did Bataille deny his faith?
4. What does Bataille describe as a symptom of cultural crisis?
5. How did Engels and Hartmann differ on the tenets of Hegel's "Philosophy of Nature"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)