|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
(a) It pacifies the proletariat.
(b) It results from revolution.
(c) It animates class struggle.
(d) It prevents revolution.
2. Where does Bataille recall riding his bicycle in Reims, in "[Dream]"?
(a) In his house.
(b) Through the streets.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In the schoolyard.
3. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
(a) The source of all matter.
(b) The passage out of purgatory.
(c) The regeneration of the universe in stars that eat planets.
(d) The blinding effect of seeing a girl's anus.
4. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(c) Rebel surrealists.
(d) Literary critics.
5. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) As consumptive phases.
(b) As revolutionary phases.
(c) As excretory phases.
(d) As primitive phases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
2. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
3. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
4. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
5. Where did Bataille go to school?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)