|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were logical extensions.
(b) They were unrelated.
(c) They were implicit in them.
(d) They were unprecedented.
2. What relationship between events and things is Bataille describing in "The Solar Anus"?
3. What does Bataille say coitus is associated with, in "The Solar Anus"?
4. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
(b) Financially secure.
(c) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
(d) Depressed and alcoholic.
5. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) He mocks Marx and Engels for their idealism.
(b) He demonstrated why dialectical materialism is inevitable.
(c) He frees dialectical negation from Engels' mechanical abstraction.
(d) He criticizes the Oversoul as a childish fantasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
2. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
3. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
4. What feeling does Bataille exaggerate in "The Lugubrious Game"?
5. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)