|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The workers.
(b) The sovereign.
(c) The rich.
(d) The impoverished.
2. What does Bataille say about monsters in "The Deviations of Nature"?
(a) That they are projections out of the ugliest part of humanity.
(b) That they are the best place to gain insight into people's feelings about themselves.
(c) That they represent the opposite of geometric regularity of form.
(d) That they are necessary to keep people in line.
3. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) The corrupt hands that pick them.
(b) The purity of the sunshine.
(c) A show of human love.
(d) The work of bees.
4. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
5. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Fascist rants.
(b) Bataille's writing.
(c) Surrealist writing.
(d) Anarchistic literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two stances did Bataille combine?
2. How does Bataille describe his memory of his father pulling down his pants in "[Dream]"?
3. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
4. What was Breton's response to Bataille?
5. What critique does Bataille make in "The Critique of the Foundations of Hegelian Dialectic"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)