|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was George Bataille born?
2. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
(a) Democrats and Socialist Democrats.
(b) Bureaucrats and Communists.
(c) Fascists and totalitarians.
(d) Communists and Socialists.
3. What claim does Bataille discuss in "The Deviations of Nature"?
(a) That nothing is more horrifying that carnival freaks.
(b) That nothing is more horrifying than man.
(c) That nothing is more horrifying than rats at carnivals.
(d) That nothing is more horrifying than snakes.
4. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
(a) As a genius.
(b) As a prophet.
(c) As a pornographer.
(d) As obsessed.
5. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
2. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
3. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
4. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
5. What characterizes man in "The Eye"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)