|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts the road in "[Dream]"?
(b) Rats and vermin.
(d) Construction workers.
2. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
3. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
4. What characterizes man in "The Eye"?
(a) Longing for sacrilege.
(b) Horror of eyes and insects.
(c) Longing for purity.
(d) Desire for violence and violation.
5. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
(a) It was execrable and shouldn't be published.
(b) It was a prophecy.
(c) It was opposed to all dignity.
(d) It was going to destroy the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
2. What was Breton's response to Bataille?
3. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
4. What was Bataille being punished for in "[Dream]"?
5. What does Bataille remember his father spanking him with in "[Dream]"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)