|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Bataille exaggerate in "The Lugubrious Game"?
2. Where did Bataille go to school?
(a) Lycée International.
(b) Lycée Henry IV.
(c) Ecole des Chartres.
(d) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
3. Why was Bataille annoyed while riding his bicycle?
(a) The sand was slushy with high tide.
(b) The house was too small for his turns.
(c) The pavement was broken up by streetcar tracks.
(d) The schoolyard was fenced in.
4. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) The work of bees.
(b) A show of human love.
(c) The corrupt hands that pick them.
(d) The purity of the sunshine.
5. What is the first stage of revolution, in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) Portraying your revolution as a utopian project destined to succeed.
(b) Staking a claim to a new kind of authority.
(c) Expelling a group from power.
(d) Appropriating the language with which groups claim power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranged Bataille's psychoanalytic cure?
2. For what field did Bataille go to school?
3. What does Bataille feel about the rats in "[Dream]"?
4. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
5. How should materialism be disclaimed, in "Materialism"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)