|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
2. What does Bataille say about monsters in "The Deviations of Nature"?
(a) That they are necessary to keep people in line.
(b) That they are the best place to gain insight into people's feelings about themselves.
(c) That they represent the opposite of geometric regularity of form.
(d) That they are projections out of the ugliest part of humanity.
3. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
4. What does Bataille say the eye causes?
5. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By becoming a Protestant.
(b) By taking lovers.
(c) By quitting school.
(d) By running away from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
2. When did George Bataille die?
3. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
4. Who contributed to "Documents"?
5. What claim does Bataille discuss in "The Deviations of Nature"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)