|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) As revolutionary phases.
(b) As excretory phases.
(c) As consumptive phases.
(d) As primitive phases.
2. What relationship between events and things is Bataille describing in "The Solar Anus"?
3. When was "Acephale" published?
(a) 1933 to 1937.
(b) 1931 to 1944.
(c) 1942 to 1946.
(d) 1936 to 1939.
4. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Marcel Duchamp.
(c) Michael Leiris.
(d) Joan Miro.
5. Why was Bataille annoyed while riding his bicycle?
(a) The sand was slushy with high tide.
(b) The pavement was broken up by streetcar tracks.
(c) The house was too small for his turns.
(d) The schoolyard was fenced in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
2. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
3. When did George Bataille die?
4. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
5. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)