|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What principles does Bataille say men associate with height in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Good and light.
(b) Trustworthiness and leadership.
(c) Power and danger.
(d) Strength and authority.
2. What did Bataille write while he was working?
(a) Book reviews.
(b) A medieval romance.
(c) Articles on philosophy.
(d) Art criticism.
3. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
(a) It animates class struggle.
(b) It pacifies the proletariat.
(c) It prevents revolution.
(d) It results from revolution.
4. When was George Bataille born?
5. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
(a) Destroying the foundation of wealth.
(b) Devaluing the trappings of wealth.
(c) Attacking the inequalities in the economy.
(d) Affirming the position of the rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
2. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
3. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
4. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
5. Why was Bataille annoyed while riding his bicycle?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)