|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(a) A brown smudge.
(b) Anal fixation.
(c) Sex play with eyeballs.
2. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
(a) The regeneration of the universe in stars that eat planets.
(b) The source of all matter.
(c) The blinding effect of seeing a girl's anus.
(d) The passage out of purgatory.
3. When did Bataille publish "W.C."?
4. What does Bataille say about monsters in "The Deviations of Nature"?
(a) That they are projections out of the ugliest part of humanity.
(b) That they are necessary to keep people in line.
(c) That they represent the opposite of geometric regularity of form.
(d) That they are the best place to gain insight into people's feelings about themselves.
5. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Lets him see things clearer.
(b) Raises his head to the heavens.
(c) Distorts his vision with unnatural ideas.
(d) Hides his anus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
2. How does "The Language of Flowers" end?
3. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
4. How does Bataille describe his work?
5. How should materialism be disclaimed, in "Materialism"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)