|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) The National Gallery in London.
(b) El Prado in Spain.
(c) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(d) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
2. What two stances did Bataille combine?
(a) Sacrilege and holiness of religion.
(b) Fulfillment and hollowing of man.
(c) Elevation and desecration of man.
(d) Merging and independence of men and women.
3. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
4. How does Bataille describe the mandrake root?
5. What does Bataille say his father looked like in "[Dream]"?
(a) A toad.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A star.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say the eye causes?
2. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
3. Where was Bataille born?
4. When was George Bataille born?
5. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)