|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say was the driving force beneath his heterodox theory?
(a) Obsession with priests.
(b) Homoerotic terror.
(c) Oedipal terror.
(d) Obsession with excrement.
2. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(c) The Rain.
3. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
(a) As a prophet.
(b) As obsessed.
(c) As a genius.
(d) As a pornographer.
4. What claim does Bataille discuss in "The Deviations of Nature"?
(a) That nothing is more horrifying that carnival freaks.
(b) That nothing is more horrifying than man.
(c) That nothing is more horrifying than snakes.
(d) That nothing is more horrifying than rats at carnivals.
5. What does Bataille say coitus is associated with, in "The Solar Anus"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. What is the benefit Bataille sees to having more than one meaning in his work?
3. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
4. What feeling does Bataille exaggerate in "The Lugubrious Game"?
5. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)