|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(a) The Rain.
2. What does the other self-mutilator (besides Van Gogh) do in "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh"?
(a) Drink his own blood.
(b) Put out his eye.
(c) Cut off his hand.
(d) Bite off his finger.
3. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
4. When did George Bataille die?
5. What does Bataille say the eye causes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. For what field did Bataille go to school?
3. Where was Bataille born?
4. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
5. How do philosophers use natural forms, in "The Language of Flowers"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)