|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
(a) To kill God.
(b) To annihilate the idea of God.
(c) To come into contact with God in men.
(d) To recreate the myth of God.
2. Whom does Bataille contrast to the sovereign in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The middle class merchant.
(b) The aristocrats.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The ignoble workers.
3. What does Bataille say his father looked like in "[Dream]"?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A toad.
(c) A house.
(d) A star.
4. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(a) The Lugubrious Game.
(b) The Language of Flowers.
(c) The Eye.
5. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(b) The National Gallery in London.
(c) El Prado in Spain.
(d) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
2. What principles does Bataille say men associate with height in "The Big Toe"?
3. When did George Bataille die?
4. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
5. What was Breton's response to Bataille?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)