|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What description fits with the "Acephale" group?
(a) Political underground.
(b) Secret society.
(c) Community organizers.
(d) Literature brotherhood.
2. When did George Bataille die?
3. What do flowers witness, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) Nothing but a moment in the life of the plant.
(b) The architectural order of fields and forests.
(c) The life and death of love.
(d) The reason for the plants' existence.
4. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Marcel Duchamp.
(b) Joan Miro.
(c) Andre Breton.
(d) Michael Leiris.
5. What does Bataille compare roots to, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(c) Human bodies.
(d) Visible leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Bataille ride his bicycle for in "[Dream]"?
2. What do volcanoes serve as, in "The Solar Anus"?
3. What does Bataille remember his father spanking him with in "[Dream]"?
4. When was George Bataille born?
5. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)