Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I (1927-1930).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
2. How do philosophers use natural forms, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) As symbols for the experience and association of natural forms.
(b) As metaphors for other natural forms.
(c) As primitive forms of the things themselves.
(d) As symbols of sacred abstraction.
3. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(b) Literary critics.
(c) Rebel surrealists.
4. When did George Bataille die?
5. What does Bataille say surrealism is, in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
(a) A reaction against childhood idealism.
(b) A surplus of idealism.
(c) A childhood sickness of materialism.
(d) A form of world-weariness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Acephale" published?
2. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
3. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
4. How does Bataille describe his work?
5. What kind of eye does Victor Hugo describe in a poem Bataille cites?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)