|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship do the writings in Section II have to the writings in Section I?
(a) They were logical extensions.
(b) They were implicit in them.
(c) They were unprecedented.
(d) They were unrelated.
2. How did Andre Masson establish the tone of his book of drawings?
(a) With a drawing of God parting the clouds in judgment.
(b) With a drawing of a syphilis cell.
(c) With a drawing of a prostitute.
(d) With a drawing of an acephalic man.
3. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
4. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) El Prado in Spain.
(b) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
(c) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(d) The National Gallery in London.
5. What does Bataille say coitus is associated with, in "The Solar Anus"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bataille write while he was working?
2. What is the first stage of revolution, in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
3. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
4. What do volcanoes serve as, in "The Solar Anus"?
5. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)