|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
(a) Communists and Socialists.
(b) Fascists and totalitarians.
(c) Democrats and Socialist Democrats.
(d) Bureaucrats and Communists.
2. What principles does Bataille say men associate with height in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Good and light.
(b) Trustworthiness and leadership.
(c) Power and danger.
(d) Strength and authority.
3. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
(a) The sovereign.
(b) The rich.
(c) The workers.
(d) The impoverished.
4. What did Bataille intend to define "The Critique of the Foundations of the Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) Dialectic aesthetics.
(b) Dialectic limits.
(c) Dialectic philosophy.
(d) Dialectic politics.
5. What two stances did Bataille combine?
(a) Elevation and desecration of man.
(b) Fulfillment and hollowing of man.
(c) Sacrilege and holiness of religion.
(d) Merging and independence of men and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
2. What does the other self-mutilator (besides Van Gogh) do in "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh"?
3. What did Bataille write while he was working?
4. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
5. What does Bataille say poor people cannot stop rich people from doing?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)