|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Breton call Bataille?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A incremental writing whore.
(c) A dubious genius.
(d) An excremental philosopher.
2. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(b) Anal fixation.
(c) Sex play with eyeballs.
(d) A brown smudge.
3. What does the cross demand, at the end of "Sacrifices"?
(a) Embrace in struggle.
(b) Struggle with the lower self.
(c) Struggle with insurmountable obstacles.
(d) Freedom from struggle.
4. What are the two classes Bataille divides consumption into?
(a) Conspicuous consumption and invisible consumption.
(b) Sacrificial consumption and gift consumption.
(c) Productive consumption and wasteful consumption.
(d) Conservation of life and productive activity.
5. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bataille born?
2. Why did Bataille attack Nietzsche?
3. What does Bataille say money measures, in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
4. What paradoxical action does Bataille describe in "Materialism"?
5. How does bourgeois society enslave and degrade poor men, in Bataille's opinion?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)