|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say conspicuous consumption was used for?
(a) Affirming the position of the rich.
(b) Attacking the inequalities in the economy.
(c) Devaluing the trappings of wealth.
(d) Destroying the foundation of wealth.
2. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) As primitive phases.
(b) As consumptive phases.
(c) As excretory phases.
(d) As revolutionary phases.
3. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Fascist rants.
(b) Anarchistic literature.
(c) Surrealist writing.
(d) Bataille's writing.
4. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) The corrupt hands that pick them.
(b) The purity of the sunshine.
(c) The work of bees.
(d) A show of human love.
5. What does Bataille say the theory of conspicuous consumption is used for?
(a) Melting different cultures together in America.
(b) Giving the poor opportunities.
(c) Keeping the poor weak.
(d) Preserving segregation between rich and poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
2. When was George Bataille born?
3. How do philosophers use natural forms, in "The Language of Flowers"?
4. What was the "Acephale" group's primary purpose?
5. Under whom does fascism unite society, in Bataille's account?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)