|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Michael Leiris.
(c) Marcel Duchamp.
(d) Joan Miro.
2. Where did Bataille work until 1942?
(a) Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
(b) Ecole des Beaux Artes.
(c) El Prado in Spain.
(d) The National Gallery in London.
3. For what field did Bataille go to school?
(a) Renaissance art critic.
(d) Medieval librarian.
4. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(a) The Lugubrious Game.
(b) The Language of Flowers.
(c) The Eye.
5. What aspect of the Marx/Hegel dialectic did professor Hartmann test?
(a) Descriptive accuracy.
(b) Diagnostic accuracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whom does fascism unite society, in Bataille's account?
2. How does Bataille describe his work?
3. How did Leiris portray Bataille to Breton?
4. Under what conditions can a state be democratic, in Bataille's opinion?
5. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)