|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille feel about the rats in "[Dream]"?
(a) They must be killed.
(b) They must be cleaned.
(c) They must be fed to snakes.
(d) The must be cleared out.
2. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
(a) Democrats and Socialist Democrats.
(b) Fascists and totalitarians.
(c) Bureaucrats and Communists.
(d) Communists and Socialists.
3. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
4. What was Bataille afraid of as a child?
(d) The Rain.
5. When did George Bataille die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bataille describe his father?
2. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
3. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
4. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
5. What does Bataille's 'me in the void' realize in "Sacrifices"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)