|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say the eye causes?
2. What did "Acephale" primarily consist of?
(a) Surrealist writing.
(b) Bataille's writing.
(c) Fascist rants.
(d) Anarchistic literature.
3. In "Sacrificial Mutilation and the Severed Ear of Vincent Van Gogh", how long does Bataille say it took Van Gogh to paint suns after his self-mutilation?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Fifteen months.
4. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
(a) He died.
(b) He was fired.
(c) He fled the Germans.
(d) He was ill.
5. What kinds of expenditure does artistic production require?
(a) Patron or market expenditure.
(b) Religious or secular expenditure.
(c) Public or patron expenditure.
(d) Real or symbolic expenditure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
2. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
3. Where did Bataille go to school?
4. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
5. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)