|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bataille form the Popular Front?
2. What kind of eye does Victor Hugo describe in a poem Bataille cites?
(a) An eye of longing.
(b) An eye of judgment.
(c) An eye of conscience.
(d) An eye of surveillance.
3. What does Bataille say about monsters in "The Deviations of Nature"?
(a) That they represent the opposite of geometric regularity of form.
(b) That they are necessary to keep people in line.
(c) That they are the best place to gain insight into people's feelings about themselves.
(d) That they are projections out of the ugliest part of humanity.
4. How does Bataille describe his work?
5. What principles does Bataille say men associate with the feet in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Powerlessness and subservience.
(b) Labor and evil.
(c) Subversion and power.
(d) Evil and dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What film does Bataille cite in "The Eye"?
2. What relationship between events and things is Bataille describing in "The Solar Anus"?
3. What are the rats doing in "[Dream]"?
4. Where did Bataille go to school?
5. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)