|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say his father looked like in "[Dream]"?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A toad.
(c) A star.
(d) A house.
2. What did Bataille intend to define "The Critique of the Foundations of the Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) Dialectic limits.
(b) Dialectic aesthetics.
(c) Dialectic philosophy.
(d) Dialectic politics.
3. How did Andre Masson establish the tone of his book of drawings?
(a) With a drawing of a syphilis cell.
(b) With a drawing of a prostitute.
(c) With a drawing of God parting the clouds in judgment.
(d) With a drawing of an acephalic man.
4. Where did Engels look for examples to test the dialectic method of Marx and Hegel?
(a) Lived experience.
5. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Joan Miro.
(b) Michael Leiris.
(c) Andre Breton.
(d) Marcel Duchamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does homogeneity depend on?
2. What claim does Bataille discuss in "The Deviations of Nature"?
3. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
4. When is the 'me' free to accept individuality and transcendence, in Bataille's opinion in "Sacrifices"?
5. When was "Acephale" published?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)