|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under whom does fascism unite society, in Bataille's account?
(a) A leader who identifies with the individual everyman.
(b) A leader who identifies with the state.
(c) A leader who represents the lower common denominator of society.
(d) A leader who represents the aristocratic self.
2. What does Bataille define as a way to humiliate, defy, or obligate a poorer person as a show of destruction of wealth?
(b) Public Assistance.
(d) Government subsidies.
3. When did George Bataille die?
4. What does Bataille say scientists said about the dialectic?
(a) It was a matter of faith.
(b) It was the one true science.
(c) It was incompatible with science.
(d) It was demonstrated in evolution.
5. How did Engels and Hartmann differ on the tenets of Hegel's "Philosophy of Nature"?
(a) Engels did not believe them, but Hartmann did.
(b) Engels believed them, but Hartmann was indifferent.
(c) Engels believed them, but Hartmann did not.
(d) Engels was indifferent to them, but Hartmann did not believe them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two classes Bataille divides consumption into?
2. What is the first stage of revolution, in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
3. How does bourgeois society enslave and degrade poor men, in Bataille's opinion?
4. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
5. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)