|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bataille describe the mandrake root?
2. Why was Bataille annoyed while riding his bicycle?
(a) The house was too small for his turns.
(b) The schoolyard was fenced in.
(c) The pavement was broken up by streetcar tracks.
(d) The sand was slushy with high tide.
3. When was "Acephale" published?
(a) 1942 to 1946.
(b) 1931 to 1944.
(c) 1933 to 1937.
(d) 1936 to 1939.
4. What does homogeneity depend on?
(a) A productive system.
(b) Continual revolution.
(c) Owners keeping the workers down.
(d) Workers owning the means of production.
5. What did Bataille intend to define "The Critique of the Foundations of the Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) Dialectic aesthetics.
(b) Dialectic limits.
(c) Dialectic politics.
(d) Dialectic philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two classes Bataille divides consumption into?
2. What does Bataille say coitus is associated with, in "The Solar Anus"?
3. What does Bataille say his father looked like in "[Dream]"?
4. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
5. How did Engels and Hartmann differ on the tenets of Hegel's "Philosophy of Nature"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)