|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was George Bataille born?
2. Who contributed to "Documents"?
(b) Literary critics.
(c) Rebel surrealists.
3. How does Bataille describe the Mithraic cult ritual of the sun in "Rotten Sun"?
(a) A priest spatters a bull's blood on worshipers underneath.
(b) A priest cuts a victim's throat on an altar.
(c) A priest stares into the sun to have a vision.
(d) A worshiper puts out a priest's eye.
4. What did Breton call Bataille?
(a) An excremental philosopher.
(b) A dubious genius.
(c) A incremental writing whore.
(d) A prophet.
5. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
Short Answer Questions
1. How should materialism be disclaimed, in "Materialism"?
2. What does Bataille say about monsters in "The Deviations of Nature"?
3. What does Bataille remember his father spanking him with in "[Dream]"?
4. What interrupts the road in "[Dream]"?
5. What do volcanoes serve as, in "The Solar Anus"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)