|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the rats appear in "[Dream]"?
(a) Scratching in the walls.
(b) Crawling in ditches.
(c) Hanging by their tails.
(d) Swimming in the bilge.
2. What is the first stage of revolution, in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) Portraying your revolution as a utopian project destined to succeed.
(b) Expelling a group from power.
(c) Appropriating the language with which groups claim power.
(d) Staking a claim to a new kind of authority.
3. How did Bataille relate to Andre Masson's drawings?
(a) He saw himself as the sick man.
(b) He saw himself as the lines and the paper themselves.
(c) He saw himself as the self in flight.
(d) He saw himself as the entire cosmos.
4. How does Bataille describe the mandrake root?
5. What aspect of the Marx/Hegel dialectic did professor Hartmann test?
(a) Diagnostic accuracy.
(b) Descriptive accuracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bataille being punished for in "[Dream]"?
2. Where was Bataille born?
3. Who contributed to "Documents"?
4. Whom does Bataille refer to as untouchables in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
5. What was Breton's response to Bataille?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)