|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille say dominates history in "Popular Front in the Street"?
2. How did Andre Masson establish the tone of his book of drawings?
(a) With a drawing of an acephalic man.
(b) With a drawing of a prostitute.
(c) With a drawing of a syphilis cell.
(d) With a drawing of God parting the clouds in judgment.
3. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(a) The Language of Flowers.
(b) The Lugubrious Game.
(d) The Eye.
4. What does Bataille say coitus is associated with, in "The Solar Anus"?
5. What does Bataille remember his father spanking him with in "[Dream]"?
(a) A whip.
(b) A stick.
(c) A bloody toad.
(d) A belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
2. When did Bataille deny his faith?
3. What does Bataille say would result from a difference of events in his experience?
4. Why is classical utility theory inadequate, in Bataille's opinion?
5. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)