|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bataille's 'me in the void' realize in "Sacrifices"?
(a) That he doesn't exist.
(b) That he might cease to exist.
(c) That he has dominion over everything.
(d) That he might have to create himself.
2. What feeling does Bataille exaggerate in "The Lugubrious Game"?
3. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
4. Who developed the theory of conspicuous consumption?
(a) Max Weber.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) John Dewey.
(d) Thorstein Veblen.
5. How does Bataille describe producing and selling in "The Use Value of D. A. F. de Sade"?
(a) As revolutionary phases.
(b) As primitive phases.
(c) As excretory phases.
(d) As consumptive phases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bataille leave his job in 1942?
2. How long does Bataille ride his bicycle for in "[Dream]"?
3. When was "Acephale" published?
4. When was George Bataille born?
5. What do volcanoes serve as, in "The Solar Anus"?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)