|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are flowers not matched by, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) The purity of the sunshine.
(b) The work of bees.
(c) A show of human love.
(d) The corrupt hands that pick them.
2. What does Bataille say dominates history in "Popular Front in the Street"?
3. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
(a) Bureaucrats and Communists.
(b) Communists and Socialists.
(c) Fascists and totalitarians.
(d) Democrats and Socialist Democrats.
4. What tone did Andre Masson establish in his drawings?
5. Where did Engels look for examples to test the dialectic method of Marx and Hegel?
(b) Lived experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does fascism originate?
2. What does Bataille say scientists said about the dialectic?
3. What value does money articulate for workers?
4. What does the mole stand for in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
5. How does surrealism rebel at first, in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)