|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the question of 'what exists compared to what appears' resolved, in "Sacrifices"?
(a) By unraveling the mystery of language.
(b) By moving beyond questions of present and past.
(c) By answering what is required to exist for moral value.
(d) By accepting the duality of latent and manifest action.
2. What does Bataille describe in "The Critique of the Foundations of the Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) How Hegel's dialectic method inspired revolutions.
(b) How Marx's dialectic method was critiqued.
(c) How Marx's dialectic method was misinterpreted.
(d) How Marx's dialectic method was developed.
3. What did Bataille say about his book "W.C."?
(a) It was going to destroy the world.
(b) It was a prophecy.
(c) It was execrable and shouldn't be published.
(d) It was opposed to all dignity.
4. Who introduced Bataille to surrealism?
(a) Michael Leiris.
(b) Joan Miro.
(c) Marcel Duchamp.
(d) Andre Breton.
5. Where did Engels look for examples to test the dialectic method of Marx and Hegel?
(a) Lived experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Surrealism use for presenting images?
2. What does Bataille say his father looked like in "[Dream]"?
3. What does the cross demand, at the end of "Sacrifices"?
4. What does Bataille claim the world is in "The Solar Anus"?
5. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)