|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer coined the term conspicuous consumption?
2. What did Bataille intend to define "The Critique of the Foundations of the Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) Dialectic aesthetics.
(b) Dialectic politics.
(c) Dialectic limits.
(d) Dialectic philosophy.
3. Whom did Bataille join with to form the Popular Front?
4. Which of the following does Bataille NOT use as an example of unproductive expenditure without value beyond itself?
(c) Public gardens.
5. What characterizes man in "The Eye"?
(a) Horror of eyes and insects.
(b) Desire for violence and violation.
(c) Longing for sacrilege.
(d) Longing for purity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bataille say money measures, in "Psychological Structure of Fascism"?
2. Who contributed to "Documents"?
3. What was the purpose of the Popular Front, in Bataille's account?
4. What effect do flowers have on love, in "The Language of Flowers"?
5. How does dialectic operate in "Notion of Expenditure"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)