|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
2. What do flowers witness, in "The Language of Flowers"?
(a) The life and death of love.
(b) The reason for the plants' existence.
(c) Nothing but a moment in the life of the plant.
(d) The architectural order of fields and forests.
3. What were Bataille's feelings for Breton?
4. What does the title of "The Solar Anus" refer to?
(a) The source of all matter.
(b) The regeneration of the universe in stars that eat planets.
(c) The passage out of purgatory.
(d) The blinding effect of seeing a girl's anus.
5. What does standing upright do for man in "The Big Toe"?
(a) Raises his head to the heavens.
(b) Lets him see things clearer.
(c) Distorts his vision with unnatural ideas.
(d) Hides his anus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the question of 'what exists compared to what appears' resolved, in "Sacrifices"?
2. What does the mole stand for in "The 'Old Mole' and the Prefix Sur in the Words Surhomme [Superman] and Surrealist"?
3. How does bourgeois society enslave and degrade poor men, in Bataille's opinion?
4. How long does Bataille ride his bicycle for in "[Dream]"?
5. How do philosophers use natural forms, in "The Language of Flowers"?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)