|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (1932-1935).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe the images Bataille presents?
2. What does Bataille say the theory of conspicuous consumption is used for?
(a) Preserving segregation between rich and poor.
(b) Giving the poor opportunities.
(c) Keeping the poor weak.
(d) Melting different cultures together in America.
3. Where was Bataille born?
4. What did Bataille describe in "The Lugubrious Game"?
(a) Anal fixation.
(b) Sex play with eyeballs.
(c) A brown smudge.
5. What did Bataille intend to define "The Critique of the Foundations of the Hegelian Dialectic"?
(a) Dialectic limits.
(b) Dialectic politics.
(c) Dialectic aesthetics.
(d) Dialectic philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the essay "Sacrifices" used as?
2. In whose hands does Bataille describe conspicuous consumption as a tool?
3. Under what conditions can a state be democratic, in Bataille's opinion?
4. Whom did the Popular Front join with?
5. What does Bataille say the eye causes?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)