1. When was George Bataille born?
2. When did George Bataille die?
3. Where was Bataille born?
4. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
(a) When the father went insane.
(b) When the father was imprisoned.
(c) When the mother took a job in Paris.
(d) When the Germans arrived in 1915.
5. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
(b) Financially secure.
(c) Depressed and alcoholic.
(d) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
6. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(a) The Eye.
(b) The Lugubrious Game.
(d) The Language of Flowers.
7. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By becoming a Protestant.
(b) By running away from home.
(c) By quitting school.
(d) By taking lovers.
8. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
9. When did Bataille deny his faith?
10. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
(a) Criticism of his religion.
(b) Praise of his mother.
(c) Praise of Cathedral Notre Dame des Reims.
(d) Criticism of his father.
This section contains 4,771 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)