1. When was George Bataille born?
2. When did George Bataille die?
3. Where was Bataille born?
4. When did Bataille and his mother abandon his father?
(a) When the mother took a job in Paris.
(b) When the Germans arrived in 1915.
(c) When the father went insane.
(d) When the father was imprisoned.
5. How does Bataille describe his father?
(a) Frequently ill and mentally unstable.
(b) Depressed and alcoholic.
(c) Blind, paralytic and syphilitic.
(d) Financially secure.
6. In what piece of writing did Bataille record his childhood?
(a) The Language of Flowers.
(b) The Eye.
(d) The Lugubrious Game.
7. How did Bataille rebel against his father?
(a) By becoming a Protestant.
(b) By quitting school.
(c) By taking lovers.
(d) By running away from home.
8. When did Bataille publish his first pamphlet?
9. When did Bataille deny his faith?
10. What was the subject of Bataille's first pamphlet?
(a) Criticism of his religion.
(b) Praise of his mother.
(c) Criticism of his father.
(d) Praise of Cathedral Notre Dame des Reims.
This section contains 4,771 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)