|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nick throw George to theground?
(a) He insults Honey
(b) He dares Nick to attack him
(c) He punches Nick
(d) He attacks Martha
2. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
(a) Between Acts 1 and 2
(b) Before they went to the faculty party
(d) Between Acts 2 and 3
3. According to Martha and George, which two ideas are getting confused?
(a) Love and Fear
(b) Love and Hate
(c) Truth and Illusion
(d) Hope and Delusion
4. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
(a) Under the vanity table
(b) Behind the general store
(c) At the drive-in
(d) In the hayloft
5. What does George tell Martha is the first thing they have to do?
(a) Retain a priest
(b) Call a funeral home
(c) Collect his effects
(d) Identify the body
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the follow is not among the things that Martha says George can do for her, as she tells Nick that she loves him?
2. Honey obliquely mentions her hysterical pregnancy when she comes back into the room, but she calls it something else. What does she call it?
3. To what does Martha liken George's torment of Nick at the beginning of this scene?
4. What is the Western Union courier's name?
5. What does Honey loudly announce that she wants?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)