|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
(a) In the hayloft
(b) Behind the general store
(c) Under the vanity table
(d) At the drive-in
2. To what does George compare when he suggests Nick throw her over his shoulder?
(a) A bag of laundry
(b) A fur coat
(c) A hobo bindle
(d) A sack of toys
3. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
4. What does H.I. stand for on George's protagonist's baggage?
(a) Health and Intelligence
(b) Hope, Illinois
(c) Historical Inevitability
(d) Heavenly intercession
5. What is Honey doing with a liquor bottle in Act 3?
(a) Cradling it like a baby
(b) Smashing it in the bathtub
(c) Drinking the dregs of it
(d) Peeling the label
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Martha say George married her?
2. What does Martha accuse George of doing when she returns to the room?
3. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
4. What does George tell Martha is the first thing they have to do?
5. What kind of animal does Honey pretend to be when she enters the room?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)