|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick think has happened to Martha when he comes downstairs in Act 3?
(a) He thinks she's gone crazy
(b) He thinks she's talking to Honey
(c) He thinks she's been attacked by George
(d) He thinks she's fallen asleep
2. According to Martha, what does weakness cry out against?
(a) Anger, injustice, and despair
(b) Strength, goodness, and innocence
(c) Fortitude, family, and togetherness
(d) Hope, love, and joy
3. To what does Martha liken George's torment of Nick at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Shooting fish in a barrel
(b) A midnight snack
(c) Herding cats
(d) Pygmy hunting
4. How does George refer to his female protagonist in his "second novel?"
5. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
(a) Under the vanity table
(b) In the hayloft
(c) Behind the general store
(d) At the drive-in
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something to which Martha compares herself in her Act 3 monologue?
2. What is Honey doing in her sleep, according to George?
3. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
4. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
5. For what reason does Martha say George married her?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)