|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha knock into while she is necking with Nick?
(a) The bar
(b) The record player
(c) George's chair
(d) The door chimes
2. What is Honey doing with a liquor bottle in Act 3?
(a) Smashing it in the bathtub
(b) Drinking the dregs of it
(c) Peeling the label
(d) Cradling it like a baby
3. To what does George compare when he suggests Nick throw her over his shoulder?
(a) A sack of toys
(b) A fur coat
(c) A bag of laundry
(d) A hobo bindle
4. How does George refer to his female protagonist in his "second novel?"
5. What does H.I. stand for on George's protagonist's baggage?
(a) Historical Inevitability
(b) Health and Intelligence
(c) Heavenly intercession
(d) Hope, Illinois
Short Answer Questions
1. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
2. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
3. What does Nick think has happened to Martha when he comes downstairs in Act 3?
4. What contest does George say that Martha won twenty-five years ago?
5. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)