|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George tell Martha is the first thing they have to do?
(a) Call a funeral home
(b) Retain a priest
(c) Collect his effects
(d) Identify the body
2. According to Martha, what does weakness cry out against?
(a) Strength, goodness, and innocence
(b) Fortitude, family, and togetherness
(c) Hope, love, and joy
(d) Anger, injustice, and despair
3. To what does Martha liken George's torment of Nick at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Shooting fish in a barrel
(b) Pygmy hunting
(c) A midnight snack
(d) Herding cats
4. According to Martha and George, which two ideas are getting confused?
(a) Love and Hate
(b) Hope and Delusion
(c) Truth and Illusion
(d) Love and Fear
5. What would Martha's father not allow George to do recently?
(a) Publish a book
(b) Teach a course in modern German history
(c) Take a sabbatical abroad
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time is it at the end of the second act?
2. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
3. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
4. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
5. What does Honey loudly announce that she wants?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)