|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time of the day does the play begin?
(a) Six o'clock at night
(b) Ten o'clock at night
(d) Two o'clock in the morning
2. What does George tell Martha he wants her to stop doing?
(a) Springing things on him
(c) Intentionally mispronouncing words
(d) Telling lies to his colleagues
3. Why did Martha live alone with her father for most of her early life?
(a) She was adopted
(b) Her mother died early
(c) Her mother disappeared for weeks on end
(d) Her mother and father divorced
4. To whom is this actress married in the film, according to Martha?
(a) Peter Lorre
(b) Mickey Rooney
(c) Claude Raines
(d) Joseph Cotten
5. What attribute makes Martha's stepmother like a witch?
(a) Her love of cats
(b) Her warts
(c) Her temper
(d) Her complexion
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George refer to Martha's new outfit?
2. What liquor did George's school friend mispronounce?
3. What does Martha accuse George of putting too little of in her drinks?
4. Which two cultures does George cite as models for responsible drinking?
5. What philosophical leaning does Martha claim to hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George try to cheer Martha up at the end of the play?
2. Who is George and Martha's son?
3. What is the last game and how does George prepare for it?
4. Describe the chaos that occurs at the end of Act 1.
5. In what ways do George and Martha disagree about the particulars of their son?
6. Describe the cloistered world that George and Martha have created at the beginning of the play.
7. Describe Nick.
8. Describe the movie that Martha references at the beginning of the play.
9. Compare George and Martha's attitudes to her father and its effect on George's career?
10. What is Martha's relationship with her father?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)