|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Martha suggests that George should have listened to her in the bathroom, what does he suggest he would have done instead?
(a) Barged in
(b) Barricaded the door
2. Which mythical creature does George compare Martha to as he discusses his son with Nick?
(a) A cyclops
(b) A centaur
(c) A hydra
(d) A siren
3. From which department is the young professor who's coming with his wife to the house, according to Martha?
(d) Political Science
4. What animal did George's school friend swerve his car to avoid hitting?
(a) A dog
(b) A porcupine
(c) An armadillo
(d) A deer
5. To what literary heroine does Martha compare herself near the end of Act 1?
(a) Anna Karenina
(b) Lady Chatterly
(c) Moll Flanders
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws up at the end of Act 1?
2. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
3. Which of the following is not a drunken act that George warns Martha against?
4. Where does George tell Nick and Honey to put their coats?
5. What does George think is the name of the film Martha is referencing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Nick and Honey learn about George and Martha's son in this section?
2. What is Martha's plan for the rest of the night, and why aren't she and George going to bed?
3. What is the story that Martha tells about boxing?
4. In what ways do George and Martha disagree about the particulars of their son?
5. Describe the state Honey is in during this scene.
6. Compare George and Martha's attitudes to her father and its effect on George's career?
7. Describe Martha's emotional confession.
8. What is George's reasoning that his son hates Martha?
9. What does Nick realize about George and Martha's son?
10. Describe Honey as she enters the scene.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)