|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which department is the young professor who's coming with his wife to the house, according to Martha?
(c) Political Science
2. Which of these is not a name that Martha calls George in this section?
3. Which of the following is not a drunken act that George warns Martha against?
(a) Throwing up
(b) Driving off
(c) Taking off her clothes
(d) Passing out
4. What did George do at the party when someone sang the Virginia Woolf song, according to Martha?
5. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
(a) He'd puke
(b) He'd be unfaithful to his other wife
(c) He'd get too excited
(d) He's too drunk
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does George use to describe the faculty parties they have to attend?
2. What saying does Honey drink by?
3. Which of the following is not a location that George has found Martha's cocktail glasses?
4. What is Martha doing for Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What sport does George invite Nick to play with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George do at the end of Martha's boxing story?
2. What arrangement do Martha and George come to at the end of their argument and how does the arrangement seem to suit them?
3. Describe Martha's emotional confession.
4. Describe Honey as she enters the scene.
5. What do George and Martha do with their tears?
6. How does Martha convince George to leave her and Nick alone?
7. What is George's argument regarding human chromosomes and biologists?
8. How does George explain his son's habit of throwing up?
9. How does George kill their son?
10. Where does the title of the play come from?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)