|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drinks does Martha finish in this section?
2. What is the faculty sport, according to George?
(a) Publish or Die
(b) Musical Beds
(c) Follow the Chair
(d) Snipe and Sorry
3. What sport does George invite Nick to play with him?
4. Which is not among the "damnedest" drinks that Geroge says Martha used to prefer?
(b) Flaming Punch Bowl
(c) Brandy Alexander
(d) Buck's Fizz
5. Who answers the door when Nick and Honey arrive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did George's school friend swerve his car to avoid hitting?
2. Where did George go on his first vacation from prep school?
3. Where does George tell Nick and Honey to put their coats?
4. From which department is the young professor who's coming with his wife to the house, according to Martha?
5. How does George refer to Martha's new outfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the admonishments that George gives Martha in this section?
2. What confession does Honey make?
3. Describe Martha's first marriage.
4. How does Honey make reference to her hysterical pregnancy when she returns after being sick?
5. Why does George not dance?
6. What is the topic of the book that Martha's father would not let George publish?
7. Describe the chaos that occurs at the end of Act 1.
8. What is George's reasoning that his son hates Martha?
9. Who is George and Martha's son?
10. Describe the progress of Martha's drinking habits, according to George.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)