|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a university to which George compares the play's university?
(d) Moscow U.
2. From what country do Nick and George think the toy gun comes?
3. What does Martha accuse George of putting too little of in her drinks?
4. Which of the following is not a location that George has found Martha's cocktail glasses?
(a) The linen closet
(b) The bathtub
(c) The gazebo
(d) The freezer
5. Who throws up at the end of Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What don't insane people do, according to George?
2. What does George accuse Martha of doing during these faculty parties?
3. In Nick's mock plan for taking over the university, as what does he want to establish himself?
4. On what day of the week does the play take place?
5. What nationality does George say the man who painted their abstract painting is?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what part of George's picking flowers do he and Martha disagree?
2. Describe the moment at the faculty party that Martha describes and how it affected her.
3. Describe the chaos that occurs at the end of Act 1.
4. What is Martha's response to Nick's offer to protect her?
5. What is Martha's reaction to Get the Guests?
6. What are some of the admonishments that George gives Martha in this section?
7. What is George's argument regarding human chromosomes and biologists?
8. Describe George and Martha's bit involving a kiss.
9. What causes Honey to throw up at the end of this scene?
10. What is George's reasoning that his son hates Martha?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)