|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the ages of George and Martha compare?
(a) George is three years older than Martha
(b) Martha is six years older than George
(c) They are approximately the same age
(d) George is ten years older than Martha
2. How many drinks does Martha finish in this section?
3. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
(a) He's too drunk
(b) He'd puke
(c) He'd get too excited
(d) He'd be unfaithful to his other wife
4. What does George accuse Martha of doing during these faculty parties?
5. What was George's relationship to the President of the university when Martha married him?
(b) Yes man
(c) Whipping boy
Short Answer Questions
1. How old will George and Martha's son be tomorrow?
2. In Nick's mock plan for taking over the university, as what does he want to establish himself?
3. Why did Martha live alone with her father for most of her early life?
4. Where did George go on his first vacation from prep school?
5. What is the faculty sport, according to George?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare George and Martha's attitudes to her father and its effect on George's career?
2. Describe how Nick and Honey decided to marry.
3. Describe Honey.
4. Why does George kill their son?
5. What is the last game and how does George prepare for it?
6. How does George explain his son's habit of throwing up?
7. How does Martha convince George to leave her and Nick alone?
8. How does Honey make reference to her hysterical pregnancy when she returns after being sick?
9. Describe the chaos that occurs at the end of Act 1.
10. Describe university politics as explained by George.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)