|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did George go on his first vacation from prep school?
(a) New York
2. What part of her father's anatomy does George call Martha?
(a) His ears
(b) His right ball
(c) His ass
(d) His brain
3. From what country do Nick and George think the toy gun comes?
4. Which of the following is not a university to which George compares the play's university?
(d) Moscow U.
5. What does Honey say Martha is doing upstairs?
(a) Reapplying her makeup
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George refer to the bathroom?
2. What term does George use to describe the faculty parties they have to attend?
3. Which two cultures does George cite as models for responsible drinking?
4. Which two characters sing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" at the end of the first act?
5. With what does George say he is preoccupied?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason George gives for talking at such length about Nick's life?
2. What is Martha's response to Nick's offer to protect her?
3. What is Martha's relationship with her father?
4. What arrangement do Martha and George come to at the end of their argument and how does the arrangement seem to suit them?
5. What is George's explanation of the abstract painting in his house?
6. How does George try to cheer Martha up at the end of the play?
7. Describe the progress of Martha's drinking habits, according to George.
8. Describe Martha's monologue concerning her one true love.
9. Describe Honey.
10. Why does George kill their son?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)