|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Martha suggests that George should have listened to her in the bathroom, what does he suggest he would have done instead?
(c) Barricaded the door
(d) Barged in
2. To what poet does Martha compare George?
(a) Ted Hughes
(b) e.e. cummings
(c) Dylan Thomas
(d) T.S. Eliot
3. About what does Martha now want to talk?
(b) Her father
(d) Her son
4. In what part of the country does the play take place?
(a) New England
(b) The Midwest
(c) The Rocky Mountain West
(d) The Deep South
5. Which two characters sing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" at the end of the first act?
(a) Martha and Honey
(b) Martha and Nick
(c) George and Martha
(d) George and Honey
Short Answer Questions
1. Which studio does Martha say made the film she is referencing?
2. How old is Nick?
3. Who throws up at the end of Act 1?
4. What does George tell Martha he wants her to stop doing?
5. To what literary heroine does Martha compare herself near the end of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick realize about George and Martha's son?
2. Describe the progress of Martha's drinking habits, according to George.
3. About what part of George's picking flowers do he and Martha disagree?
4. What is the last game and how does George prepare for it?
5. How does Nick change over the course of the play?
6. What is George's argument regarding human chromosomes and biologists?
7. Describe Martha's monologue concerning her one true love.
8. What does George do at the end of Martha's boxing story?
9. How does George kill their son?
10. How did Honey's family come to be so wealthy?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)