|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does George say he is preoccupied?
2. Why did Martha live alone with her father for most of her early life?
(a) Her mother and father divorced
(b) She was adopted
(c) Her mother disappeared for weeks on end
(d) Her mother died early
3. What was George's relationship to the President of the university when Martha married him?
(c) Yes man
(d) Whipping boy
4. Which studio does Martha say made the film she is referencing?
(b) Warner Brothers
(c) She doesn't recall
5. When Martha suggests that George should have listened to her in the bathroom, what does he suggest he would have done instead?
(c) Barricaded the door
(d) Barged in
Short Answer Questions
1. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
2. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
3. What liquor did George's school friend mispronounce?
4. Which is not among the "damnedest" drinks that Geroge says Martha used to prefer?
5. What does George tell Martha he wants her to stop doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Honey's family come to be so wealthy?
2. Describe how Nick and Honey decided to marry.
3. What is Martha's response to Nick's offer to protect her?
4. What is the story that Martha tells about boxing?
5. What confession does Honey make?
6. Describe George's reaction to Martha's seduction of Nick.
7. What happened to George's school friend who killed his mother?
8. What does George do at the end of Martha's boxing story?
9. In what ways do George and Martha disagree about the particulars of their son?
10. What arrangement do Martha and George come to at the end of their argument and how does the arrangement seem to suit them?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)