|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not a name that Martha calls George in this section?
2. What department is Nick actually in?
(c) Political Science
3. Besides football, at what other sport is Nick adept?
4. Which of the following is not a term that George uses to describe his son?
(a) The little bugger
(b) The apple of our eye
(c) The little man
(d) The sprout
5. About what time of the day does the play begin?
(a) Six o'clock at night
(c) Ten o'clock at night
(d) Two o'clock in the morning
Short Answer Questions
1. What was George's relationship to the President of the university when Martha married him?
2. What does NIck have to drink?
3. Where did George go on his first vacation from prep school?
4. How many more teeth does Martha have than George?
5. How do the ages of George and Martha compare?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Nick and Honey decided to marry.
2. What is Nick's plan to gain control of the university?
3. Describe the progress of Martha's drinking habits, according to George.
4. What is George's explanation of the abstract painting in his house?
5. Describe Martha's first marriage.
6. What is Martha's relationship with her father?
7. What do George and Martha do with their tears?
8. Describe George's reaction to Martha's seduction of Nick.
9. What causes Honey to throw up at the end of this scene?
10. Describe the movie that Martha references at the beginning of the play.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)