|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between which two colors do Martha and George argue, regarding their son's eyes?
(a) Brown and Hazel
(b) Green and Brown
(c) Blue and Hazel
(d) Blue and Green
2. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
3. How does George silence Martha as she talks about his failure to take over the department?
(a) He breaks a bottle over the bar
(b) He leaves the room
(c) He slaps her
(d) He shoots at her with a toy gun
4. How many more teeth does Martha have than George?
5. According to George at the end of Act 1, what is Martha at heart?
(a) A Libertine
(b) A Romantic
(c) A Man
(d) A Floozy
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
2. In what part of the country does the play take place?
3. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
4. What animal sound does George make late in this section?
5. What animal did George's school friend swerve his car to avoid hitting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangement do Martha and George come to at the end of their argument and how does the arrangement seem to suit them?
2. Describe the cloistered world that George and Martha have created at the beginning of the play.
3. What is George's reasoning that his son hates Martha?
4. Describe Martha's monologue concerning her one true love.
5. Why does George not dance?
6. Who is George and Martha's son?
7. What is the story that Martha tells about boxing?
8. Describe the moment at the faculty party that Martha describes and how it affected her.
9. How did Honey's family come to be so wealthy?
10. How does George try to cheer Martha up at the end of the play?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)