|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
(a) He'd be unfaithful to his other wife
(b) He'd get too excited
(c) He's too drunk
(d) He'd puke
2. What is Martha doing for Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Washing her dress
(b) Bringing her aspirin
(c) Making her coffee
(d) Holding her hair
3. What animal did George's school friend swerve his car to avoid hitting?
(a) A deer
(b) An armadillo
(c) A porcupine
(d) A dog
4. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
(d) Monolithic dominance
5. About what does Martha now want to talk?
(a) Her father
(b) Her son
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor did George's school friend mispronounce?
2. What does George think is the name of the film Martha is referencing?
3. What does Nick think women discuss when in the bathroom together?
4. Who answers the door when Nick and Honey arrive?
5. What body part does Martha say Nick's wife lacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martha convince George to leave her and Nick alone?
2. About what part of George's picking flowers do he and Martha disagree?
3. What are some of the admonishments that George gives Martha in this section?
4. Describe Martha's first marriage.
5. Describe Martha's monologue concerning her one true love.
6. How does Honey make reference to her hysterical pregnancy when she returns after being sick?
7. Describe George.
8. What is Martha's response to Nick's offer to protect her?
9. What is George's argument regarding human chromosomes and biologists?
10. Describe the chaos that occurs at the end of Act 1.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)