|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha do with chromosomes, according to George?
(a) Pours them on her cereal
(b) Ignores them
(c) Uses them as bath crystals
(d) Wears them like earrings
2. Which two cultures does George cite as models for responsible drinking?
(a) Chinese and French
(b) Indians and Greeks
(c) Jews and Irish
(d) Arabs and Italians
3. How does George silence Martha as she talks about his failure to take over the department?
(a) He slaps her
(b) He shoots at her with a toy gun
(c) He leaves the room
(d) He breaks a bottle over the bar
4. What game did Nick and Honey play when they were younger?
(b) Hide and Seek
(c) Spin the Bottle
(d) Truth or Dare
5. George mentions an old professor of Latin who recently died on campus. Where was he when he died?
(a) The chapel
(b) The cafeteria
(c) His office
(d) In class
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George do at the party when someone sang the Virginia Woolf song, according to Martha?
2. How many of Nick's father-in-law's churches burned down?
3. What liquor did George's school friend mispronounce?
4. About what does Martha now want to talk?
5. What is Martha doing for Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George describe Martha's father?
2. Where does the title of the play come from?
3. How does Nick change over the course of the play?
4. What do Nick and Honey learn about George and Martha's son in this section?
5. How does George try to cheer Martha up at the end of the play?
6. About what part of George's picking flowers do he and Martha disagree?
7. Describe Martha's monologue concerning her one true love.
8. What is Nick's plan to gain control of the university?
9. Describe Martha's first marriage.
10. What is the story that Martha tells about boxing?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)