|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Nick give for marrying Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) He lost a bet
(c) He loved her
(d) Her father was the president of his first university
2. What game did Nick and Honey play when they were younger?
(a) Truth or Dare
(b) Spin the Bottle
(d) Hide and Seek
3. Which two characters sing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" at the end of the first act?
(a) George and Honey
(b) George and Martha
(c) Martha and Honey
(d) Martha and Nick
4. Where does George tell Nick and Honey to put their coats?
(b) The Hall Closet
(c) The Bedroom
(d) The Floor
5. Which of the following is not a drunken act that George warns Martha against?
(a) Driving off
(b) Throwing up
(c) Passing out
(d) Taking off her clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. About what metaphorical trap does George warn Nick?
2. Which mythical creature does George compare Martha to as he discusses his son with Nick?
3. In what part of the country does the play take place?
4. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
5. To what literary heroine does Martha compare herself near the end of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the movie that Martha references at the beginning of the play.
2. Describe George and Martha's bit involving a kiss.
3. Describe the moment at the faculty party that Martha describes and how it affected her.
4. What do George and Martha do with their tears?
5. Describe George.
6. Describe the progress of Martha's drinking habits, according to George.
7. What is George's reasoning that his son hates Martha?
8. Describe Honey.
9. What is Martha's reaction to Get the Guests?
10. Describe the chaos that occurs at the end of Act 1.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)