|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mythical creature does George compare Martha to as he discusses his son with Nick?
(a) A siren
(b) A cyclops
(c) A hydra
(d) A centaur
2. Why did Martha live alone with her father for most of her early life?
(a) Her mother disappeared for weeks on end
(b) She was adopted
(c) Her mother died early
(d) Her mother and father divorced
3. George mentions an old professor of Latin who recently died on campus. Where was he when he died?
(a) In class
(b) The chapel
(c) The cafeteria
(d) His office
4. Which of these is not a name that Martha calls George in this section?
5. What animal sound does George make late in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Honey say Martha is doing upstairs?
2. Which actress starred in the film that Martha is trying to think of?
3. How many more teeth does Martha have than George?
4. About what time of the day does the play begin?
5. Which studio does Martha say made the film she is referencing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare George and Martha's attitudes to her father and its effect on George's career?
2. What arrangement do Martha and George come to at the end of their argument and how does the arrangement seem to suit them?
3. What is the story that Martha tells about boxing?
4. How does George kill their son?
5. How does George set Martha up for embarrassment as he opens the door?
6. Why does George not dance?
7. Who is George and Martha's son?
8. Where does the title of the play come from?
9. What is Martha's reaction to Get the Guests?
10. What is George's argument regarding human chromosomes and biologists?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)