|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a drunken act that George warns Martha against?
(a) Driving off
(b) Taking off her clothes
(c) Passing out
(d) Throwing up
2. What philosophical leaning does Martha claim to hold?
(d) Social materialist
3. Which of the following is not a degree that George lists for himself?
4. How does George silence Martha as she talks about his failure to take over the department?
(a) He slaps her
(b) He shoots at her with a toy gun
(c) He breaks a bottle over the bar
(d) He leaves the room
5. About what metaphorical trap does George warn Nick?
(a) Bear trap
(b) Bottomless pit
(d) Drop cage
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not among the topics of which George claims to have limited knowledge?
2. To what type of animal does George compare Martha's father?
3. Who answers the door when Nick and Honey arrive?
4. How do the ages of George and Martha compare?
5. Which studio does Martha say made the film she is referencing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the progress of Martha's drinking habits, according to George.
2. How does George try to cheer Martha up at the end of the play?
3. How does George kill their son?
4. What is Martha's reaction to Get the Guests?
5. How does Martha convince George to leave her and Nick alone?
6. How does Honey make reference to her hysterical pregnancy when she returns after being sick?
7. What confession does Honey make?
8. Describe George.
9. Describe George's "party games" bit.
10. Describe the movie that Martha references at the beginning of the play.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)