|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Martha doing for Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Making her coffee
(b) Holding her hair
(c) Washing her dress
(d) Bringing her aspirin
2. When Martha suggests that George should have listened to her in the bathroom, what does he suggest he would have done instead?
(a) Barged in
(b) Barricaded the door
3. What liquor did George's school friend mispronounce?
4. How does Nick mispronounce the word "gaggle?"
5. To what literary heroine does Martha compare herself near the end of Act 1?
(a) Anna Karenina
(c) Lady Chatterly
(d) Moll Flanders
Short Answer Questions
1. Against which innovation does George speak out vehemently?
2. What does Nick say is not his idea of a good time?
3. What philosophical leaning does Martha claim to hold?
4. Which of the following is not a university to which George compares the play's university?
5. What nationality does George say the man who painted their abstract painting is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the room's reaction to George's claims that Nick plans to alter the world's chromosomes?
2. About what part of George's picking flowers do he and Martha disagree?
3. Describe the progress of Martha's drinking habits, according to George.
4. What is the topic of the book that Martha's father would not let George publish?
5. What is George's argument regarding human chromosomes and biologists?
6. Describe the movie that Martha references at the beginning of the play.
7. Describe the state Honey is in during this scene.
8. Describe George.
9. Describe Martha's emotional confession.
10. How does George describe Martha's father?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)