|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not among the topics of which George claims to have limited knowledge?
(a) Practical morality
(b) International cuisine
(c) National boundaries
(d) Ocean levels
2. What liquor did George's school friend mispronounce?
3. What comes out of the toy shotgun that George fires?
(a) A tiny flag
(c) A rubber ball
(d) A parasol
4. How old is Nick?
5. What animal did George's school friend swerve his car to avoid hitting?
(a) A deer
(b) An armadillo
(c) A dog
(d) A porcupine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick think women discuss when in the bathroom together?
2. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
3. How does George refer to his arguments with Martha while alone with Nick?
4. How many more teeth does Martha have than George?
5. What did George do at the party when someone sang the Virginia Woolf song, according to Martha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe George's "party games" bit.
2. In what ways do George and Martha disagree about the particulars of their son?
3. What is Martha's response to Nick's offer to protect her?
4. Who is George and Martha's son?
5. Describe the cloistered world that George and Martha have created at the beginning of the play.
6. What is the room's reaction to George's claims that Nick plans to alter the world's chromosomes?
7. What do George and Martha do with their tears?
8. Describe Martha's first marriage.
9. Describe Honey as she enters the scene.
10. How does Martha convince George to leave her and Nick alone?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)