|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not a name that Martha calls George in this section?
2. What does George accuse Martha of doing during these faculty parties?
3. George mentions an old professor of Latin who recently died on campus. Where was he when he died?
(a) His office
(b) In class
(c) The chapel
(d) The cafeteria
4. What does NIck have to drink?
(b) Gin and tonic
5. What reason does Nick give for marrying Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Her father was the president of his first university
(b) She was pregnant
(c) He lost a bet
(d) He loved her
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does George tell Nick Martha is?
2. Which of the following is not a location that George has found Martha's cocktail glasses?
3. According to George at the end of Act 1, what is Martha at heart?
4. Besides football, at what other sport is Nick adept?
5. To what poet does Martha compare George?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Honey make reference to her hysterical pregnancy when she returns after being sick?
2. Describe Martha's emotional confession.
3. What is George's reasoning that his son hates Martha?
4. About what part of George's picking flowers do he and Martha disagree?
5. What confession does Honey make?
6. In what ways do George and Martha disagree about the particulars of their son?
7. What is Martha's plan for the rest of the night, and why aren't she and George going to bed?
8. Describe Martha when she returns to the main room and how the guests react.
9. Describe the moment at the faculty party that Martha describes and how it affected her.
10. What is the story that Martha tells about boxing?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)