|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not among the "damnedest" drinks that Geroge says Martha used to prefer?
(b) Flaming Punch Bowl
(c) Buck's Fizz
(d) Brandy Alexander
2. How many of Nick's father-in-law's churches burned down?
3. What attribute of Nick and Honey's does George comment on as they ring the doorbell?
(a) Their punctuality
(b) Their good manners
(c) Their youthful glow
(d) Their natual grace
4. What attribute makes Martha's stepmother like a witch?
(a) Her complexion
(b) Her temper
(c) Her warts
(d) Her love of cats
5. Which two descriptors does Martha confuse in comparing biology and math?
(a) Convex and Concave
(b) Fallacious and Felonious
(c) Concrete and Contrite
(d) Abstract and Abstruse
Short Answer Questions
1. What was George's relationship to the President of the university when Martha married him?
2. What does George accuse Martha of doing during these faculty parties?
3. What animal sound does George make late in this section?
4. Why did George run the History Department for four years?
5. What does Honey say Martha is doing upstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the progress of Martha's drinking habits, according to George.
2. What does George do at the end of Martha's boxing story?
3. What is Martha's reaction to Get the Guests?
4. What is the room's reaction to George's claims that Nick plans to alter the world's chromosomes?
5. How does George describe Martha's father?
6. Describe Honey.
7. In what ways do George and Martha disagree about the particulars of their son?
8. Where does the title of the play come from?
9. Describe the chaos that occurs at the end of Act 1.
10. Describe the movie that Martha references at the beginning of the play.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)