|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two descriptors does Martha confuse in comparing biology and math?
(a) Convex and Concave
(b) Fallacious and Felonious
(c) Abstract and Abstruse
(d) Concrete and Contrite
2. What new nickname does Martha give George in the second half of Act 1?
3. To what poet does Martha compare George?
(a) Dylan Thomas
(b) T.S. Eliot
(c) Ted Hughes
(d) e.e. cummings
4. What nationality does George say the man who painted their abstract painting is?
5. According to George at the end of Act 1, what is Martha at heart?
(a) A Libertine
(b) A Romantic
(c) A Man
(d) A Floozy
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal sound does George make late in this section?
2. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
3. About what time of the day does the play begin?
4. What don't insane people do, according to George?
5. Which two cultures does George cite as models for responsible drinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Honey.
2. What is the last game and how does George prepare for it?
3. What is George's argument regarding human chromosomes and biologists?
4. Describe George.
5. What are some of the admonishments that George gives Martha in this section?
6. Describe how Nick and Honey decided to marry.
7. Describe Martha's emotional confession.
8. How does George respond when Nick says "up yours" to him?
9. Why does George kill their son?
10. How does George explain his son's habit of throwing up?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)