|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does George tell Nick Martha is?
(c) One hundred and twenty-five
2. Why did George run the History Department for four years?
(a) Martha's father was on sabatical
(b) Martha's father took ill
(c) He published a popular historical novel
(d) Everyone was in the War
3. Against which innovation does George speak out vehemently?
(a) Space exploration
(b) Nuclear fussion
(c) Brain imaging
(d) Genetic modification
4. Which actress starred in the film that Martha is trying to think of?
(a) Lotte Lenya
(b) Grace Kelly
(c) Bette Davis
(d) Joan Crawford
5. What part of her father's anatomy does George call Martha?
(a) His ass
(b) His ears
(c) His right ball
(d) His brain
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosophical leaning does Martha claim to hold?
2. What does George think is the name of the film Martha is referencing?
3. How old is Nick?
4. What animal sound does George make late in this section?
5. About what time of the day does the play begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martha convince George to leave her and Nick alone?
2. What is the last game and how does George prepare for it?
3. Describe the state Honey is in during this scene.
4. Describe university politics as explained by George.
5. Why does George kill their son?
6. Describe the moment at the faculty party that Martha describes and how it affected her.
7. Describe Honey as she enters the scene.
8. Describe George's reaction to Martha's seduction of Nick.
9. In what ways do George and Martha disagree about the particulars of their son?
10. Compare George and Martha's attitudes to her father and its effect on George's career?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)