|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what type of animal does George compare Martha's father?
(a) A mouse
(b) A shark
(c) A bear
(d) A cat
2. George mentions an old professor of Latin who recently died on campus. Where was he when he died?
(a) His office
(b) The cafeteria
(c) The chapel
(d) In class
3. How does George silence Martha as she talks about his failure to take over the department?
(a) He shoots at her with a toy gun
(b) He leaves the room
(c) He slaps her
(d) He breaks a bottle over the bar
4. To what literary heroine does Martha compare herself near the end of Act 1?
(a) Anna Karenina
(b) Lady Chatterly
(d) Moll Flanders
5. What reason does Nick give for marrying Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) Her father was the president of his first university
(c) He loved her
(d) He lost a bet
6. Which two descriptors does Martha confuse in comparing biology and math?
(a) Concrete and Contrite
(b) Convex and Concave
(c) Abstract and Abstruse
(d) Fallacious and Felonious
7. How many more teeth does Martha have than George?
8. What does George tell Martha he wants her to stop doing?
(a) Springing things on him
(c) Telling lies to his colleagues
(d) Intentionally mispronouncing words
9. How old will George and Martha's son be tomorrow?
10. What saying does Honey drink by?
(a) Light before dark
(b) Never mix, never worry
(c) Liquor before beer, in the clear
(d) When in Rome
11. How does George refer to his arguments with Martha while alone with Nick?
(c) Making love
12. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
13. Which actress starred in the film that Martha is trying to think of?
(a) Lotte Lenya
(b) Joan Crawford
(c) Grace Kelly
(d) Bette Davis
14. Between which two colors do Martha and George argue, regarding their son's eyes?
(a) Blue and Hazel
(b) Blue and Green
(c) Green and Brown
(d) Brown and Hazel
15. To whom is this actress married in the film, according to Martha?
(a) Joseph Cotten
(b) Claude Raines
(c) Peter Lorre
(d) Mickey Rooney
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor did George's school friend mispronounce?
2. What medical procedure will become more common when biologists enact their nefarious plans, according to George?
3. What was George's relationship to the President of the university when Martha married him?
4. From what country do Nick and George think the toy gun comes?
5. Against which innovation does George speak out vehemently?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)