|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the ages of George and Martha compare?
(a) Martha is six years older than George
(b) They are approximately the same age
(c) George is ten years older than Martha
(d) George is three years older than Martha
2. What does Nick think women discuss when in the bathroom together?
(a) Their men
3. George mentions an old professor of Latin who recently died on campus. Where was he when he died?
(a) The chapel
(b) His office
(c) The cafeteria
(d) In class
4. What is the faculty sport, according to George?
(a) Snipe and Sorry
(b) Follow the Chair
(c) Publish or Die
(d) Musical Beds
5. On what day of the week does the play take place?
6. Which of the following is not a fictional locale to which George compares the university?
(d) Penguin Island
7. How old does George tell Nick Martha is?
(c) One hundred and twenty-five
8. What sport does George invite Nick to play with him?
9. In Nick's mock plan for taking over the university, as what does he want to establish himself?
(a) A stumbling block
(b) An inevitability
(c) A nonentity
(d) A power-broker
10. Which two characters sing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" at the end of the first act?
(a) George and Honey
(b) Martha and Nick
(c) George and Martha
(d) Martha and Honey
11. What comes out of the toy shotgun that George fires?
(b) A rubber ball
(c) A tiny flag
(d) A parasol
12. Which of the following is not a drunken act that George warns Martha against?
(a) Throwing up
(b) Taking off her clothes
(c) Driving off
(d) Passing out
13. Which of the following is not a term that George uses to describe his son?
(a) The little man
(b) The apple of our eye
(c) The little bugger
(d) The sprout
14. What does George tell Martha he wants her to stop doing?
(a) Springing things on him
(b) Telling lies to his colleagues
(c) Intentionally mispronouncing words
15. To what type of animal does George compare Martha's father?
(a) A mouse
(b) A cat
(c) A bear
(d) A shark
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does George tell Nick and Honey to put their coats?
2. What attribute makes Martha's stepmother like a witch?
3. What reason does Nick give for marrying Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
4. With what does George say he is preoccupied?
5. What don't insane people do, according to George?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)