|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the ages of George and Martha compare?
(a) Martha is six years older than George
(b) George is three years older than Martha
(c) George is ten years older than Martha
(d) They are approximately the same age
2. What philosophical leaning does Martha claim to hold?
(a) Social materialist
3. On what day of the week does the play take place?
4. Which of the following is not a degree that George lists for himself?
5. Where did Nick teach before coming to the university where the play is located?
6. Where does George tell Nick and Honey to put their coats?
(a) The Bedroom
(b) The Floor
(d) The Hall Closet
7. Against which innovation does George speak out vehemently?
(a) Space exploration
(b) Nuclear fussion
(c) Genetic modification
(d) Brain imaging
8. About what metaphorical trap does George warn Nick?
(a) Drop cage
(b) Bear trap
(d) Bottomless pit
9. Which of the following is not a drunken act that George warns Martha against?
(a) Throwing up
(b) Taking off her clothes
(c) Driving off
(d) Passing out
10. What attribute makes Martha's stepmother like a witch?
(a) Her warts
(b) Her temper
(c) Her complexion
(d) Her love of cats
11. Which is not among the "damnedest" drinks that Geroge says Martha used to prefer?
(b) Buck's Fizz
(c) Brandy Alexander
(d) Flaming Punch Bowl
12. What does Nick say is not his idea of a good time?
13. What term does George use to describe the faculty parties they have to attend?
(d) Boxing matches
14. Which studio does Martha say made the film she is referencing?
(a) She doesn't recall
(b) Warner Brothers
15. What does George accuse Martha of doing during these faculty parties?
Short Answer Questions
1. What saying does Honey drink by?
2. Which two cultures does George cite as models for responsible drinking?
3. Which mythical creature does George compare Martha to as he discusses his son with Nick?
4. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
5. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)