|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the country does the play take place?
(a) New England
(b) The Midwest
(c) The Rocky Mountain West
(d) The Deep South
2. Which two descriptors does Martha confuse in comparing biology and math?
(a) Convex and Concave
(b) Abstract and Abstruse
(c) Concrete and Contrite
(d) Fallacious and Felonious
3. Which is not among the "damnedest" drinks that Geroge says Martha used to prefer?
(b) Buck's Fizz
(c) Flaming Punch Bowl
(d) Brandy Alexander
4. Which of the following is not a fictional locale to which George compares the university?
(d) Penguin Island
5. With what does George say he is preoccupied?
6. Which mythical creature does George compare Martha to as he discusses his son with Nick?
(a) A centaur
(b) A hydra
(c) A siren
(d) A cyclops
7. When Martha suggests that George should have listened to her in the bathroom, what does he suggest he would have done instead?
(b) Barricaded the door
(c) Barged in
8. What attribute makes Martha's stepmother like a witch?
(a) Her temper
(b) Her warts
(c) Her complexion
(d) Her love of cats
9. What does Martha accuse George of putting too little of in her drinks?
10. What body part does Martha say Nick's wife lacks?
11. What department is Nick actually in?
(c) Political Science
12. What comes out of the toy shotgun that George fires?
(b) A tiny flag
(c) A rubber ball
(d) A parasol
13. Who answers the door when Nick and Honey arrive?
14. George mentions an old professor of Latin who recently died on campus. Where was he when he died?
(a) In class
(b) His office
(c) The cafeteria
(d) The chapel
15. According to George,the way to a man's heart is ___________________.
(a) His tenure
(b) His house closet
(c) His wallet
(d) His wife's belly
Short Answer Questions
1. What saying does Honey drink by?
2. Which two characters sing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" at the end of the first act?
3. What does Martha do with chromosomes, according to George?
4. Which of these is not among the topics of which George claims to have limited knowledge?
5. What philosophical leaning does Martha claim to hold?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)