|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does George refer to Martha's new outfit?
(a) Her Sunday chapel dress
(b) Her suit of armor
(c) Her softball uniform
(d) her exoskeleton
2. To what type of animal does George compare Martha's father?
(a) A shark
(b) A bear
(c) A cat
(d) A mouse
3. What does Nick think women discuss when in the bathroom together?
(a) Their men
4. Which two cultures does George cite as models for responsible drinking?
(a) Indians and Greeks
(b) Arabs and Italians
(c) Jews and Irish
(d) Chinese and French
5. In what part of the country does the play take place?
(a) The Midwest
(b) The Deep South
(c) New England
(d) The Rocky Mountain West
6. What department is Nick actually in?
(a) Political Science
7. What does George think is the name of the film Martha is referencing?
(a) You Can't Take it with You
(b) The Magnificent Ambersons
8. From what country do Nick and George think the toy gun comes?
9. What liquor did George's school friend mispronounce?
10. About what time of the day does the play begin?
(a) Ten o'clock at night
(b) Six o'clock at night
(d) Two o'clock in the morning
11. How old is Nick?
12. What animal sound does George make late in this section?
13. Which of the following is not a degree that George lists for himself?
14. Who answers the door when Nick and Honey arrive?
15. To what poet does Martha compare George?
(a) T.S. Eliot
(b) e.e. cummings
(c) Ted Hughes
(d) Dylan Thomas
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does George invite Nick to play with him?
2. What does Martha do with chromosomes, according to George?
3. How do the ages of George and Martha compare?
4. What attribute makes Martha's stepmother like a witch?
5. What does George tell Martha he wants her to stop doing?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)