|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Nick give for marrying Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) He lost a bet
(c) Her father was the president of his first university
(d) He loved her
2. In Nick's mock plan for taking over the university, as what does he want to establish himself?
(a) A power-broker
(b) A nonentity
(c) A stumbling block
(d) An inevitability
3. How does Nick mispronounce the word "gaggle?"
4. What part of her father's anatomy does George call Martha?
(a) His ass
(b) His ears
(c) His right ball
(d) His brain
5. To whom is this actress married in the film, according to Martha?
(a) Joseph Cotten
(b) Peter Lorre
(c) Claude Raines
(d) Mickey Rooney
6. How does George refer to the bathroom?
(a) The other room
(b) The powder room
(c) The euphemism
(d) The WC
7. Who throws up at the end of Act 1?
8. What does George tell Martha he wants her to stop doing?
(b) Telling lies to his colleagues
(c) Intentionally mispronouncing words
(d) Springing things on him
9. Where did George go on his first vacation from prep school?
(d) New York
10. How many of Nick's father-in-law's churches burned down?
11. What game did Nick and Honey play when they were younger?
(a) Truth or Dare
(c) Hide and Seek
(d) Spin the Bottle
12. To what literary heroine does Martha compare herself near the end of Act 1?
(a) Anna Karenina
(b) Lady Chatterly
(c) Moll Flanders
13. From which department is the young professor who's coming with his wife to the house, according to Martha?
(b) Political Science
14. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
15. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
(b) Monolithic dominance
Short Answer Questions
1. To what poet does Martha compare George?
2. What is the faculty sport, according to George?
3. Which of the following is not a location that George has found Martha's cocktail glasses?
4. Which of these is not a name that Martha calls George in this section?
5. According to George,the way to a man's heart is ___________________.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)