|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which actress starred in the film that Martha is trying to think of?
(a) Joan Crawford
(b) Bette Davis
(c) Grace Kelly
(d) Lotte Lenya
2. What game did Nick and Honey play when they were younger?
(a) Hide and Seek
(c) Spin the Bottle
(d) Truth or Dare
3. What comes out of the toy shotgun that George fires?
(a) A tiny flag
(c) A rubber ball
(d) A parasol
4. How many more teeth does Martha have than George?
5. How many drinks does Martha finish in this section?
6. According to George at the end of Act 1, what is Martha at heart?
(a) A Floozy
(b) A Romantic
(c) A Man
(d) A Libertine
7. How does Nick mispronounce the word "gaggle?"
8. Against which innovation does George speak out vehemently?
(a) Brain imaging
(b) Space exploration
(c) Nuclear fussion
(d) Genetic modification
9. To what type of animal does George compare Martha's father?
(a) A shark
(b) A bear
(c) A mouse
(d) A cat
10. Which of the following is not a degree that George lists for himself?
11. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
12. Which of the following is not a university to which George compares the play's university?
(b) Moscow U.
13. What attribute makes Martha's stepmother like a witch?
(a) Her warts
(b) Her complexion
(c) Her love of cats
(d) Her temper
14. How does George refer to Martha's new outfit?
(a) her exoskeleton
(b) Her softball uniform
(c) Her suit of armor
(d) Her Sunday chapel dress
15. What is Martha doing for Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Holding her hair
(b) Making her coffee
(c) Washing her dress
(d) Bringing her aspirin
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does George invite Nick to play with him?
2. How do the ages of George and Martha compare?
3. In Nick's mock plan for taking over the university, as what does he want to establish himself?
4. What does George tell Martha he wants her to stop doing?
5. Where does George tell Nick and Honey to put their coats?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)