|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between which two colors do Martha and George argue, regarding their son's eyes?
(a) Blue and Hazel
(b) Blue and Green
(c) Brown and Hazel
(d) Green and Brown
2. To what literary heroine does Martha compare herself near the end of Act 1?
(a) Lady Chatterly
(b) Anna Karenina
(d) Moll Flanders
3. In Nick's mock plan for taking over the university, as what does he want to establish himself?
(a) A stumbling block
(b) An inevitability
(c) A nonentity
(d) A power-broker
4. About what metaphorical trap does George warn Nick?
(b) Bear trap
(c) Drop cage
(d) Bottomless pit
5. What does Nick say is not his idea of a good time?
6. What does George think is the name of the film Martha is referencing?
(a) You Can't Take it with You
(d) The Magnificent Ambersons
7. What animal sound does George make late in this section?
8. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
9. What nationality does George say the man who painted their abstract painting is?
10. Which two cultures does George cite as models for responsible drinking?
(a) Jews and Irish
(b) Arabs and Italians
(c) Chinese and French
(d) Indians and Greeks
11. To whom is this actress married in the film, according to Martha?
(a) Joseph Cotten
(b) Peter Lorre
(c) Mickey Rooney
(d) Claude Raines
12. What saying does Honey drink by?
(a) Light before dark
(b) Liquor before beer, in the clear
(c) When in Rome
(d) Never mix, never worry
13. How does George refer to the bathroom?
(a) The WC
(b) The euphemism
(c) The other room
(d) The powder room
14. What comes out of the toy shotgun that George fires?
(a) A tiny flag
(c) A rubber ball
(d) A parasol
15. How does George refer to Martha's new outfit?
(a) Her softball uniform
(b) her exoskeleton
(c) Her Sunday chapel dress
(d) Her suit of armor
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute of Nick and Honey's does George comment on as they ring the doorbell?
2. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
3. From what country do Nick and George think the toy gun comes?
4. How does Nick mispronounce the word "gaggle?"
5. What does Honey say Martha is doing upstairs?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)