|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Honey say Martha is doing upstairs?
(b) Reapplying her makeup
2. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
(a) He's too drunk
(b) He'd get too excited
(c) He'd be unfaithful to his other wife
(d) He'd puke
3. Which actress starred in the film that Martha is trying to think of?
(a) Lotte Lenya
(b) Joan Crawford
(c) Bette Davis
(d) Grace Kelly
4. What term does George use to describe the faculty parties they have to attend?
(d) Boxing matches
5. Which of the following is not a drunken act that George warns Martha against?
(a) Driving off
(b) Throwing up
(c) Passing out
(d) Taking off her clothes
6. Between which two colors do Martha and George argue, regarding their son's eyes?
(a) Blue and Green
(b) Brown and Hazel
(c) Blue and Hazel
(d) Green and Brown
7. Where did Nick teach before coming to the university where the play is located?
8. Which of the following is not a university to which George compares the play's university?
(d) Moscow U.
9. Which studio does Martha say made the film she is referencing?
(b) She doesn't recall
(d) Warner Brothers
10. How does Nick mispronounce the word "gaggle?"
11. How many of Nick's father-in-law's churches burned down?
12. What game did Nick and Honey play when they were younger?
(a) Hide and Seek
(b) Truth or Dare
(c) Spin the Bottle
13. To whom is this actress married in the film, according to Martha?
(a) Joseph Cotten
(b) Peter Lorre
(c) Claude Raines
(d) Mickey Rooney
14. What saying does Honey drink by?
(a) Liquor before beer, in the clear
(b) Light before dark
(c) When in Rome
(d) Never mix, never worry
15. What liquor did George's school friend mispronounce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha do with chromosomes, according to George?
2. About what does Martha now want to talk?
3. What reason does Nick give for marrying Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Which two characters sing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" at the end of the first act?
5. Against which innovation does George speak out vehemently?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)