|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what metaphorical trap does George warn Nick?
(a) Bottomless pit
(b) Bear trap
(c) Drop cage
2. What body part does Martha say Nick's wife lacks?
3. What department is Nick actually in?
(a) Political Science
4. Why did Martha live alone with her father for most of her early life?
(a) Her mother disappeared for weeks on end
(b) Her mother and father divorced
(c) Her mother died early
(d) She was adopted
5. What animal sound does George make late in this section?
6. To whom is this actress married in the film, according to Martha?
(a) Joseph Cotten
(b) Mickey Rooney
(c) Claude Raines
(d) Peter Lorre
7. What nationality does George say the man who painted their abstract painting is?
8. Where does George tell Nick and Honey to put their coats?
(a) The Bedroom
(c) The Hall Closet
(d) The Floor
9. Which mythical creature does George compare Martha to as he discusses his son with Nick?
(a) A centaur
(b) A hydra
(c) A cyclops
(d) A siren
10. What medical procedure will become more common when biologists enact their nefarious plans, according to George?
11. Where did Nick teach before coming to the university where the play is located?
12. Where did George go on his first vacation from prep school?
(a) New York
13. Which of the following is not a drunken act that George warns Martha against?
(a) Driving off
(b) Passing out
(c) Taking off her clothes
(d) Throwing up
14. About what time of the day does the play begin?
(a) Ten o'clock at night
(b) Six o'clock at night
(d) Two o'clock in the morning
15. About what does Martha now want to talk?
(a) Her father
(c) Her son
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nick mispronounce the word "gaggle?"
2. Between which two colors do Martha and George argue, regarding their son's eyes?
3. What animal did George's school friend swerve his car to avoid hitting?
4. What does Nick say is not his idea of a good time?
5. How many drinks does Martha finish in this section?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)