|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answers the door when Nick and Honey arrive?
2. What comes out of the toy shotgun that George fires?
(a) A parasol
(b) A tiny flag
(d) A rubber ball
3. In what part of the country does the play take place?
(a) The Deep South
(b) New England
(c) The Midwest
(d) The Rocky Mountain West
4. About what does Martha now want to talk?
(a) Her father
(b) Her son
5. What term does George use to describe the faculty parties they have to attend?
(b) Boxing matches
6. How many drinks does Martha finish in this section?
7. What game did Nick and Honey play when they were younger?
(b) Spin the Bottle
(c) Hide and Seek
(d) Truth or Dare
8. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
(a) He'd be unfaithful to his other wife
(b) He's too drunk
(c) He'd get too excited
(d) He'd puke
9. What does Nick say is not his idea of a good time?
10. About what metaphorical trap does George warn Nick?
(a) Bear trap
(b) Bottomless pit
(d) Drop cage
11. What is Martha doing for Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Bringing her aspirin
(b) Holding her hair
(c) Making her coffee
(d) Washing her dress
12. How old does George tell Nick Martha is?
(a) One hundred and twenty-five
13. When Martha suggests that George should have listened to her in the bathroom, what does he suggest he would have done instead?
(a) Barged in
(b) Barricaded the door
14. What philosophical leaning does Martha claim to hold?
(d) Social materialist
15. Which two characters sing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" at the end of the first act?
(a) George and Honey
(b) Martha and Nick
(c) George and Martha
(d) Martha and Honey
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George refer to the bathroom?
2. What body part does Martha say Nick's wife lacks?
3. Which actress starred in the film that Martha is trying to think of?
4. What does George tell Martha he wants her to stop doing?
5. Where did Nick teach before coming to the university where the play is located?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)