|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a university to which George compares the play's university?
(a) Moscow U.
2. How do the ages of George and Martha compare?
(a) They are approximately the same age
(b) George is ten years older than Martha
(c) Martha is six years older than George
(d) George is three years older than Martha
3. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
4. What part of her father's anatomy does George call Martha?
(a) His ears
(b) His brain
(c) His ass
(d) His right ball
5. Why did George run the History Department for four years?
(a) Martha's father was on sabatical
(b) Martha's father took ill
(c) Everyone was in the War
(d) He published a popular historical novel
6. Who throws up at the end of Act 1?
7. Between which two colors do Martha and George argue, regarding their son's eyes?
(a) Blue and Green
(b) Brown and Hazel
(c) Green and Brown
(d) Blue and Hazel
8. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
(c) Monolithic dominance
9. Which actress starred in the film that Martha is trying to think of?
(a) Joan Crawford
(b) Bette Davis
(c) Lotte Lenya
(d) Grace Kelly
10. How does George refer to Martha's new outfit?
(a) Her Sunday chapel dress
(b) Her suit of armor
(c) her exoskeleton
(d) Her softball uniform
11. How does George refer to the bathroom?
(a) The euphemism
(b) The other room
(c) The WC
(d) The powder room
12. What don't insane people do, according to George?
13. What animal did George's school friend swerve his car to avoid hitting?
(a) A deer
(b) An armadillo
(c) A dog
(d) A porcupine
14. What attribute of Nick and Honey's does George comment on as they ring the doorbell?
(a) Their good manners
(b) Their natual grace
(c) Their youthful glow
(d) Their punctuality
15. What comes out of the toy shotgun that George fires?
(b) A rubber ball
(c) A parasol
(d) A tiny flag
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a drunken act that George warns Martha against?
2. Which of the following is not a fictional locale to which George compares the university?
3. Which of these is not among the topics of which George claims to have limited knowledge?
4. Which two cultures does George cite as models for responsible drinking?
5. What liquor did George's school friend mispronounce?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)