|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Nick's mock plan for taking over the university, as what does he want to establish himself?
(a) A nonentity
(b) A power-broker
(c) A stumbling block
(d) An inevitability
2. What is the faculty sport, according to George?
(a) Snipe and Sorry
(b) Publish or Die
(c) Follow the Chair
(d) Musical Beds
3. What term does George use to describe the faculty parties they have to attend?
(d) Boxing matches
4. What does Martha accuse George of putting too little of in her drinks?
5. What reason does Nick give for marrying Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) He lost a bet
(b) He loved her
(c) Her father was the president of his first university
(d) She was pregnant
6. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
(d) Monolithic dominance
7. How old does George tell Nick Martha is?
(b) One hundred and twenty-five
8. Where did Nick teach before coming to the university where the play is located?
9. How does George silence Martha as she talks about his failure to take over the department?
(a) He breaks a bottle over the bar
(b) He shoots at her with a toy gun
(c) He leaves the room
(d) He slaps her
10. George mentions an old professor of Latin who recently died on campus. Where was he when he died?
(a) His office
(b) In class
(c) The cafeteria
(d) The chapel
11. What attribute makes Martha's stepmother like a witch?
(a) Her love of cats
(b) Her temper
(c) Her warts
(d) Her complexion
12. About what does Martha now want to talk?
(a) Her son
(d) Her father
13. What comes out of the toy shotgun that George fires?
(b) A rubber ball
(c) A tiny flag
(d) A parasol
14. To whom is this actress married in the film, according to Martha?
(a) Claude Raines
(b) Joseph Cotten
(c) Peter Lorre
(d) Mickey Rooney
15. Against which innovation does George speak out vehemently?
(a) Genetic modification
(b) Brain imaging
(c) Nuclear fussion
(d) Space exploration
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did George run the History Department for four years?
2. What does Nick say is not his idea of a good time?
3. Which of the following is not a university to which George compares the play's university?
4. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
5. Which of the following is not a term that George uses to describe his son?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)