|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does George tell Nick Martha is?
(b) One hundred and twenty-five
2. What does George accuse Martha of doing during these faculty parties?
3. What attribute of Nick and Honey's does George comment on as they ring the doorbell?
(a) Their natual grace
(b) Their youthful glow
(c) Their good manners
(d) Their punctuality
4. How does George refer to his arguments with Martha while alone with Nick?
(d) Making love
5. Which two descriptors does Martha confuse in comparing biology and math?
(a) Fallacious and Felonious
(b) Concrete and Contrite
(c) Abstract and Abstruse
(d) Convex and Concave
6. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
7. What was George's relationship to the President of the university when Martha married him?
(a) Yes man
(d) Whipping boy
8. What attribute makes Martha's stepmother like a witch?
(a) Her temper
(b) Her complexion
(c) Her warts
(d) Her love of cats
9. What game did Nick and Honey play when they were younger?
(b) Truth or Dare
(c) Spin the Bottle
(d) Hide and Seek
10. Which actress starred in the film that Martha is trying to think of?
(a) Bette Davis
(b) Grace Kelly
(c) Lotte Lenya
(d) Joan Crawford
11. In what part of the country does the play take place?
(a) The Rocky Mountain West
(b) New England
(c) The Midwest
(d) The Deep South
12. How does George refer to Martha's new outfit?
(a) Her softball uniform
(b) Her suit of armor
(c) Her Sunday chapel dress
(d) her exoskeleton
13. How many more teeth does Martha have than George?
14. How does George refer to the bathroom?
(a) The WC
(b) The other room
(c) The euphemism
(d) The powder room
15. When Martha suggests that George should have listened to her in the bathroom, what does he suggest he would have done instead?
(b) Barged in
(c) Barricaded the door
Short Answer Questions
1. To what literary heroine does Martha compare herself near the end of Act 1?
2. What is Martha doing for Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Where did George go on his first vacation from prep school?
4. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
5. Which two cultures does George cite as models for responsible drinking?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)