|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George mentions an old professor of Latin who recently died on campus. Where was he when he died?
(a) His office
(b) The chapel
(c) In class
(d) The cafeteria
2. How does George refer to his arguments with Martha while alone with Nick?
(c) Making love
3. What department is Nick actually in?
(a) Political Science
4. From what age have Honey and Nick known each other?
5. Why did Martha live alone with her father for most of her early life?
(a) Her mother died early
(b) Her mother disappeared for weeks on end
(c) Her mother and father divorced
(d) She was adopted
6. To what type of animal does George compare Martha's father?
(a) A mouse
(b) A shark
(c) A bear
(d) A cat
7. Which of the following is not a degree that George lists for himself?
8. How does George silence Martha as she talks about his failure to take over the department?
(a) He breaks a bottle over the bar
(b) He shoots at her with a toy gun
(c) He leaves the room
(d) He slaps her
9. Which two characters sing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" at the end of the first act?
(a) George and Honey
(b) Martha and Nick
(c) George and Martha
(d) Martha and Honey
10. In what part of the country does the play take place?
(a) The Rocky Mountain West
(b) New England
(c) The Midwest
(d) The Deep South
11. Where did George go on his first vacation from prep school?
(c) New York
12. How many drinks does Martha finish in this section?
13. What sport does George invite Nick to play with him?
14. Who answers the door when Nick and Honey arrive?
15. How old will George and Martha's son be tomorrow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
2. What new nickname does Martha give George in the second half of Act 1?
3. From what country do Nick and George think the toy gun comes?
4. What does NIck have to drink?
5. How old does George tell Nick Martha is?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)