|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Nick's father-in-law's churches burned down?
2. What does Nick say is not his idea of a good time?
3. In Nick's mock plan for taking over the university, as what does he want to establish himself?
(a) An inevitability
(b) A stumbling block
(c) A power-broker
(d) A nonentity
4. Which actress starred in the film that Martha is trying to think of?
(a) Bette Davis
(b) Grace Kelly
(c) Lotte Lenya
(d) Joan Crawford
5. From what age have Honey and Nick known each other?
6. Which studio does Martha say made the film she is referencing?
(b) She doesn't recall
(d) Warner Brothers
7. What comes out of the toy shotgun that George fires?
(a) A tiny flag
(b) A parasol
(d) A rubber ball
8. From which department is the young professor who's coming with his wife to the house, according to Martha?
(a) Political Science
9. How do the ages of George and Martha compare?
(a) Martha is six years older than George
(b) George is three years older than Martha
(c) George is ten years older than Martha
(d) They are approximately the same age
10. How does George refer to the bathroom?
(a) The euphemism
(b) The powder room
(c) The other room
(d) The WC
11. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
(a) He's too drunk
(b) He'd get too excited
(c) He'd puke
(d) He'd be unfaithful to his other wife
12. What does NIck have to drink?
(a) Gin and tonic
13. Why did Martha live alone with her father for most of her early life?
(a) Her mother died early
(b) She was adopted
(c) Her mother disappeared for weeks on end
(d) Her mother and father divorced
14. Between which two colors do Martha and George argue, regarding their son's eyes?
(a) Brown and Hazel
(b) Green and Brown
(c) Blue and Hazel
(d) Blue and Green
15. Against which innovation does George speak out vehemently?
(a) Nuclear fussion
(b) Brain imaging
(c) Genetic modification
(d) Space exploration
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nick teach before coming to the university where the play is located?
2. Which two descriptors does Martha confuse in comparing biology and math?
3. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
4. What animal did George's school friend swerve his car to avoid hitting?
5. What body part does Martha say Nick's wife lacks?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)