|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week does the play take place?
2. What does Honey say Martha is doing upstairs?
(c) Reapplying her makeup
3. From which department is the young professor who's coming with his wife to the house, according to Martha?
(a) Political Science
4. Which two cultures does George cite as models for responsible drinking?
(a) Indians and Greeks
(b) Arabs and Italians
(c) Jews and Irish
(d) Chinese and French
5. About what does Martha now want to talk?
(b) Her father
(d) Her son
6. In Nick's mock plan for taking over the university, as what does he want to establish himself?
(a) A power-broker
(b) A stumbling block
(c) A nonentity
(d) An inevitability
7. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
8. Which mythical creature does George compare Martha to as he discusses his son with Nick?
(a) A hydra
(b) A cyclops
(c) A siren
(d) A centaur
9. Besides football, at what other sport is Nick adept?
10. About what time of the day does the play begin?
(a) Ten o'clock at night
(b) Six o'clock at night
(d) Two o'clock in the morning
11. According to George at the end of Act 1, what is Martha at heart?
(a) A Floozy
(b) A Libertine
(c) A Man
(d) A Romantic
12. What sport does George invite Nick to play with him?
13. How many more teeth does Martha have than George?
14. To whom is this actress married in the film, according to Martha?
(a) Peter Lorre
(b) Joseph Cotten
(c) Claude Raines
(d) Mickey Rooney
15. What does Martha do with chromosomes, according to George?
(a) Pours them on her cereal
(b) Uses them as bath crystals
(c) Wears them like earrings
(d) Ignores them
Short Answer Questions
1. Which studio does Martha say made the film she is referencing?
2. What attribute of Nick and Honey's does George comment on as they ring the doorbell?
3. How old will George and Martha's son be tomorrow?
4. What reason does George give for not kissing Martha?
5. What part of her father's anatomy does George call Martha?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)