|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha do with chromosomes, according to George?
(a) Pours them on her cereal
(b) Uses them as bath crystals
(c) Wears them like earrings
(d) Ignores them
2. Which mythical creature does George compare Martha to as he discusses his son with Nick?
(a) A centaur
(b) A siren
(c) A hydra
(d) A cyclops
3. In what part of the country does the play take place?
(a) The Midwest
(b) New England
(c) The Rocky Mountain West
(d) The Deep South
4. Which of these is not a name that Martha calls George in this section?
5. How many of Nick's father-in-law's churches burned down?
6. What comes out of the toy shotgun that George fires?
(b) A tiny flag
(c) A parasol
(d) A rubber ball
7. According to George,the way to a man's heart is ___________________.
(a) His tenure
(b) His wallet
(c) His house closet
(d) His wife's belly
8. What medical procedure will become more common when biologists enact their nefarious plans, according to George?
9. What term does George use to describe the faculty parties they have to attend?
(d) Boxing matches
10. Why did George run the History Department for four years?
(a) Martha's father took ill
(b) Martha's father was on sabatical
(c) Everyone was in the War
(d) He published a popular historical novel
11. About what does Martha now want to talk?
(a) Her father
(d) Her son
12. How do the ages of George and Martha compare?
(a) They are approximately the same age
(b) George is ten years older than Martha
(c) George is three years older than Martha
(d) Martha is six years older than George
13. What is the faculty sport, according to George?
(a) Snipe and Sorry
(b) Follow the Chair
(c) Publish or Die
(d) Musical Beds
14. To whom is this actress married in the film, according to Martha?
(a) Mickey Rooney
(b) Joseph Cotten
(c) Claude Raines
(d) Peter Lorre
15. What does George accuse Martha of doing during these faculty parties?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old will George and Martha's son be tomorrow?
2. What body part does Martha say Nick's wife lacks?
3. How many drinks does Martha finish in this section?
4. What does Honey say Martha is doing upstairs?
5. How does George silence Martha as she talks about his failure to take over the department?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)