|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does George tell Nick Martha is?
(c) One hundred and twenty-five
2. Which is not among the "damnedest" drinks that Geroge says Martha used to prefer?
(a) Buck's Fizz
(c) Flaming Punch Bowl
(d) Brandy Alexander
3. What animal did George's school friend swerve his car to avoid hitting?
(a) A deer
(b) A porcupine
(c) A dog
(d) An armadillo
4. What department is Nick actually in?
(c) Political Science
5. What does Martha do with chromosomes, according to George?
(a) Wears them like earrings
(b) Ignores them
(c) Pours them on her cereal
(d) Uses them as bath crystals
6. To what poet does Martha compare George?
(a) Ted Hughes
(b) T.S. Eliot
(c) Dylan Thomas
(d) e.e. cummings
7. What attribute makes Martha's stepmother like a witch?
(a) Her temper
(b) Her warts
(c) Her love of cats
(d) Her complexion
8. From what country do Nick and George think the toy gun comes?
9. How old is Nick?
10. What does George accuse Martha of doing during these faculty parties?
11. How does George refer to the bathroom?
(a) The WC
(b) The euphemism
(c) The powder room
(d) The other room
12. What does Nick say is not his idea of a good time?
13. What reason does Nick give for marrying Honey at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) He loved her
(b) He lost a bet
(c) Her father was the president of his first university
(d) She was pregnant
14. When Martha suggests that George should have listened to her in the bathroom, what does he suggest he would have done instead?
(a) Barricaded the door
(d) Barged in
15. George mentions an old professor of Latin who recently died on campus. Where was he when he died?
(a) The cafeteria
(b) His office
(c) In class
(d) The chapel
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which two colors do Martha and George argue, regarding their son's eyes?
2. Which of these is not a French insult that George and Martha hurl at each other?
3. To whom is this actress married in the film, according to Martha?
4. How does Nick mispronounce the word "gaggle?"
5. What state of being does Martha accuse George of having?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)