Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the movie that Martha references at the beginning of the play.
2. Describe George.
3. What is Martha's plan for the rest of the night, and why aren't she and George going to bed?
4. How does Martha describe Nick and Honey?
5. Where does the title of the play come from?
6. What are some of the admonishments that George gives Martha in this section?
7. Describe George and Martha's bit involving a kiss.
8. How does George set Martha up for embarrassment as he opens the door?
9. What is George's explanation of the abstract painting in his house?
10. Compare George and Martha's attitudes to her father and its effect on George's career?
11. Describe university politics as explained by George.
12. What is George's argument regarding human chromosomes and biologists?
13. Describe the progress of Martha's drinking habits, according to George.
14. Describe Nick.
15. Describe Honey.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)